test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance December 18, 2014

fhbradleyfhbradley Member Posts: 53 Arc User
As there isn't even an announcement anymore we obviously have to do it for ourselves. Here we go:
We will be performing shard maintenance on December 18th from 7-9 AM Pacific (15:00-17:00 UTC). Please check the forums.

At least we have release notes.
Post edited by fhbradley on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They put the announcements on Facebook, but not on the actual forums.. kinda odd.

I think it's just the fact that Cryptic employees try to stay off the forums. I can't say I don't understand why.. if I worked for Cryptic I wouldn't go anywhere near this forum.

Still, it's a shame. Especially because everything directs you to the forum where almost no information is actually posted.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tides is fixed, at least. You accolade hunters can satiate your numerical bloodlust.

Looks like we may have to wait another week for a Chel Grett discount, though? Or are the notes wrong?

And if the notes aren't wrong, looks like they may be reconsidering the change to snowballs, as well. I'm glad.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,442 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There was an announcement in the Release Notes subforum sometime before 4 this afternoon forum time. Was that so hard to find?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think it's just the fact that Cryptic employees try to stay off the forums. I can't say I don't understand why.. if I worked for Cryptic I wouldn't go anywhere near this forum.

Indeed. .
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    a3001 wrote: »

I'd take whatever polygon says with a grain of salt given their hands were caught in the gamergate cookie jar.
    edited December 2014
    mm06360 wrote: »
    I'd take whatever polygon says with a grain of salt given their hands were caught in the gamergate cookie jar.

Never the less, res ipsa logitur, the evidence is right in front of you. Sift though these forums, and you'll find plenty of harassing threads. But, now I fear that we're derailing this discussion and I'd very much like to get it back on the rails.

• js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This whole argument is moot because there actually WAS a patch announcement in place hours before this thread started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the title of this thread should of been " December 18th patch discussion ", still could've put the link for the patch notes in.
    edited December 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    I think the title of this thread should of been " December 18th patch discussion ", still could've put the link for the patch notes in.

Even better question: why do we feel the need to discuss the patch notes anyway? Not like they're going to suddenly abandon the patch the moment they see discontent. Sure, they might extend the patch by a few hours, but nothing too serious like loosing a day. Plus, even if we did lose a day, pretty sure they'll toss in a few extra days to the winter event to make up for it.

• willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just read thet they finally fixed ToI but still didn´t fix the problem with the Discounts for the Breen cruiser but i think, that one is more important. The event will end on January 15th but players woh are on vacation around that time neeed to be able zo onluck it before that.
    Or they should extend the Winter event (or at least the race) until thex fix this or make the ships unlockable after the event ends
  • shinra84shinra84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    another big/great patch with several ingame changes (fixes and elite content) YAY!

1 month after release DR & we still have nothing special! yes we dont need any changes PW, we love DR!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CLR—Infected Space[2:24]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@9.163.310(65.437)—Xindi-E(dbb/mk.xiv)—build
    CLR—Infected Space[2:06]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@6.421.868(52.210)—JHAS(dhc/mk.xiv)—build
    edited December 2014
    shinra84 wrote: »
    another big/great patch with several ingame changes (fixes and elite content) YAY!

1 month after release DR & we still have nothing special! yes we dont need any changes PW, we love DR!

Took them 3 years to fix the D'kyr's warp ring.

• dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They put the announcements on Facebook, but not on the actual forums.. kinda odd.

Still, it's a shame. Especially because everything directs you to the forum where almost no information is actually posted.

I understand that devs may be staying out of forum it's not their work place. But why community team stay out of it that's what I can't understand. With last game server crash I get more info from twitter, facebook, etc. then from official game forum.

What bothers me more is fact that even if we get info about maintenance it's only few hours before it. Why can't we get info at least 24h before.
    js26568 wrote: »
    This whole argument is moot because there actually WAS a patch announcement in place hours before this thread started.

No. There was info about what patch will change, not when maintenance will be.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just read thet they finally fixed ToI but still didn´t fix the problem with the Discounts for the Breen cruiser but i think, that one is more important. The event will end on January 15th but players woh are on vacation around that time neeed to be able zo onluck it before that.
    Or they should extend the Winter event (or at least the race) until thex fix this or make the ships unlockable after the event ends
    Players who want the ship can slot the project and wait for them to fix the discount whenever. That's not in the bag of excuses to demand they extend the event.

I've had the Chel Grett project slotted since winter 2013, when I didn't have enough pics to get both ships and they suggested it might not necessarily be available anymore this year. :D
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Tides is fixed, at least. You accolade hunters can satiate your numerical bloodlust.

Looks like we may have to wait another week for a Chel Grett discount, though? Or are the notes wrong?

And if the notes aren't wrong, looks like they may be reconsidering the change to snowballs, as well. I'm glad.

On the snowball front, I find that very surprising, especially considering how immensely out of line one of the mods were in the tribble notes. I almost got the impression they were under orders to do that.

And anyway, I think snowballs are fine and if there are issues there are better ways of fixing them than just nerfing the item in question. Subspace party nullifier is proof of that.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Aptly said, and thanks for the link. And to think, for those brazen enough to threaten devs, just imagine what they do to other players... I don't have to imagine, I know.

EDIT: Tides is fixed, gonna try that out
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited December 2014

a SMALL group of gamers, wth did you even post that? to give cryptic an excuse NOT to communicate? those threats don't exist here and if they DID the ban hammer would come down hard.

one of the dumbest posts i've seen you take the prize as it patently does not APPLY to these forums. and polygon of all places? you might as well go to fox news if you're looking for that kind of news "accuracy." someones personal opinion (the writer of the piece) doesn't make anything a fact. 1 cited threat doesn't mean the entire gamer community is at fault or that every developer should hide in their closets.

this has been happening for hundreds of years consumers vs businesses. internet simply makes it much more immediate. it's absolutely freaking amazing how just because it's online people act like something is a new thing. the spread of information and how rapid it is is new...not he actions of people. there are going to be fanatics as there are going to be more level headed types.

use a bit of logic and common sense rather than sensationalism next time eh?
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    a SMALL group of gamers, wth did you even post that? to give cryptic an excuse NOT to communicate? those threats don't exist here and if they DID the ban hammer would come down hard.

one of the dumbest posts i've seen you take the prize as it patently does not APPLY to these forums. and polygon of all places? you might as well go to fox news if you're looking for that kind of news "accuracy." someones personal opinion (the wroter of the piece) doesn't make anything a fact. 1 cited threat doesn't mean the entire gamer community is at fault or that every developer should hide in their closets.

this has been happening for hundreds of years consumers vs businesses. internet simply makes it much more immediate. it's absolutely freaking amazing how just because it's online people act like something is a new thing. the spread of information and how rapid it is is new...not he actions of people. there are going to be fanatics as there are going to be more level headed types.

use a bit of logic and common sense rather than sensationalism next time eh?

No, and don't misinterpret my words and their meaning either. I posted to dispel the illusion of a work-free paradise inexperienced players have and encourage devs to communicate and set the standards for good behavior. You don't see stuff often in the forums but it has happened. Thankfully the forums are well moderated. In game is another story and however small the group of players is, they often are allowed to continue because players like yourself disregard one important detail: A good overall environment doesn't just drop from dev heaven, it takes work and unity among regular players to maintain. Meaning whether those types attack devs or other gamers (And I don't just mean verbally), it should be reported and when persisting, action taken.

That is if your aim, like mine, actually IS to enhance a good community and promote STO as a long lasting game. I know those who make no secret to profess the exact opposite.

Bottom line: it is up to us players to safeguard the community; not by applauding flamers and bullies or creating massive fleet monopolies by intimidating rivals through harassment, but by stopping activities like that whenever we see them.

That's common sense and logic not sensationalism, exactly what you asked for. We should all practice it more often.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2014

facebook? really?!... lmao, neverending.... hope my constitution will carry me through this hard time of laughing so hard :D:D:D...
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    There was an announcement in the Release Notes subforum sometime before 4 this afternoon forum time. Was that so hard to find?
    js26568 wrote: »
    z3ndor99 wrote: »

Yes, there were patch notes, the OP linked them. See:
    fhbradley wrote: »
    At least we have release notes.
    What we didn't have and don't have until now is that little announcement that told us when maintenance is happening, when that is in different time zones, and where sometimes information concerning progress in case maintenance needs to be extended were posted.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They put the announcements on Facebook, but not on the actual forums.. kinda odd..

And on the launcher...and in game. If you miss those you clearly aren't having a "normal" game experience, or any at all for that matter.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Indeed..., this kind of posts smell like a troll game.
    Patience..., everything gonna be ok.
    Regards
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Even if they ban me again, our great community managemanet - they don't do a bad Job - they do NOTHING.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Social media is where all the cool kids hang out these days, according to Craptic. I dont know why they just dont shut down the forums if thats how they feel the need to communicate these days.

These people have their priorities TRIBBLE about face... :o
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Again our CMs fail.

I've given up expecting announcements on this forum. The Neverwinter forums have much better communication regarding down times.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?812881-Neverwinter-Scheduled-Maintenance-12-18-at-7-AM-PDT&p=9706001&viewfull=1#post9706001
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    a Small Group Of Gamers, Wth Did You Even Post That? To Give Cryptic An Excuse Not To Communicate? Those Threats Don't Exist Here And If They Did The Ban Hammer Would Come Down Hard.

One Of The Dumbest Posts I've Seen You Take The Prize As It Patently Does Not Apply To These Forums. And Polygon Of All Places? You Might As Well Go To Fox News If You're Looking For That Kind Of News "accuracy." Someones Personal Opinion (the Writer Of The Piece) Doesn't Make Anything A Fact. 1 Cited Threat Doesn't Mean The Entire Gamer Community Is At Fault Or That Every Developer Should Hide In Their Closets.

This Has Been Happening For Hundreds Of Years Consumers Vs Businesses. Internet Simply Makes It Much More Immediate. It's Absolutely Freaking Amazing How Just Because It's Online People Act Like Something Is A New Thing. The Spread Of Information And How Rapid It Is Is New...not He Actions Of People. There Are Going To Be Fanatics As There Are Going To Be More Level Headed Types.

Use A Bit Of Logic And Common Sense Rather Than Sensationalism Next Time Eh?

+100000000
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's funny they put the notes up on social media. I'm not going to link with STO on social media. I don't want my friends to know I'm still playing and am stupid enough to think this game still has a small chance to turn itself around. It's embarrassing.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And on the launcher...and in game. If you miss those you clearly aren't having a "normal" game experience, or any at all for that matter.

Yeah...here's what's on the launcher:

We will be performing shard maintenance on December 18th from 7-9 AM Pacific (15:00-17:00 UTC). Please check the forums.

Now, normally there is a post on the forums that gives everyone a link to a time service that translates the time into their own local time so they know when the maint. period actually begins and ends for them.

It looks to me like Cryptic/PWE personnel FORGOT to make this post, this week. And that's what people are looking for. No NORMAL person knows what the eff UTC is or means. You might as well be speaking an alien language for which there is no translation.

TO HELP these people, I will try and get this....

LINK TO VIEW STO MAINT 12.18.2014

LINK: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Dec+18+STO+Maint&iso=20141218T07&p1=224&ah=2
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fixed the ToI event ?
    Ya, they fixxed it last week too but it wasn't. Just because they say they fixed it doesn't mean they actually did.

As for posting on reddit first I'm not surprised. Their legions of fanboiz would follow them to the bathroom if they could but reddit is as close as they can get. The rest of us customers just get shovelled whatever mulch they see fit to dispense on their company site.

Yo- how bout fixing that racetrack so it doesn;t DQ players if they step on the right spot near the center of the turn ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    No, and don't misinterpret my words and their meaning either. I posted to dispel the illusion of a work-free paradise inexperienced players have and encourage devs to communicate and set the standards for good behavior. You don't see stuff often in the forums but it has happened. Thankfully the forums are well moderated. In game is another story and however small the group of players is, they often are allowed to continue because players like yourself disregard one important detail: A good overall environment doesn't just drop from dev heaven, it takes work and unity among regular players to maintain. Meaning whether those types attack devs or other gamers (And I don't just mean verbally), it should be reported and when persisting, action taken.

That is if your aim, like mine, actually IS to enhance a good community and promote STO as a long lasting game. I know those who make no secret to profess the exact opposite.

Bottom line: it is up to us players to safeguard the community; not by applauding flamers and bullies or creating massive fleet monopolies by intimidating rivals through harassment, but by stopping activities like that whenever we see them.

That's common sense and logic not sensationalism, exactly what you asked for. We should all practice it more often.

In case you haven't noticed a lot of the stuff that needed fixing in the past was only done because a big enough group of people shouted about it. That has been the case as long as I've been around, and many people who write pleasant bug reports usually never get acknowledged any more than those who make a big fuss. It's been the case for a long time, it's just the shouted about issues get more attention.

Frankly Xean, on what is essentially your second point, you have never done anything that useful in the community except spread miss-information to players on how this game runs regularly, cannon and torpedoes build D'Deridex ring a bell? And how about that scaremongering you facilitated about reporting people who noticed the bug with the TR Rifle?

You might want to practice what you preach before telling anyone else about it. Common sense and logic does indeed go a long way if you choose to use them, which you have never shown yourself doing all that much.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
This discussion has been closed.