test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Event is Bugged Lets make a list

zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since 4. of Dec. "Winter Event " started with numerous bugs, we don't know why ?
They can't say it was not enough time to prepare it,cause 11 months is enough even for beginner programmer.
Its look like they spent 11 days for preparation of old garage sale.New ships like every time are old NPCs reworked.
But I Am still play with the Chel Grett with all my toons.

Let's see what Cryptic offer us this year 2014 :

1.Snowball Fight! Underground respawn or invisible snowman most annoying One all factions.
2.Tide of Ice ! No accolades reward after players finish the mission all factions.
3.Fastest Game On Ice! Some players with multiple toons cant get the reward ships no meter they collect 1000 pics .
4.Fastest Game On Ice! Some players with multiple toons cant get the reward ships (Chel Gret) for 40 pics and
they have that ship account unlocked already.
5.The Invisible Snowblower (with some or all) I try lot of outfits, still can't see but at list is working .
6.Fastest Game On Ice! Romulan toons do not get general accolade "Ice Racer" after they win 10 races

After several large patches, none of these bugs is not fixed yet !!!

If you have more nail it !
In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zntech on

Comments

• Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zntech wrote: »
    Since 4. of Dec. "Winter Event " started with numerous bugs, I don't know why ?
    They can't say it was not enough time to prepare it,cause 11 months is enough even for beginner programmer.
    Its look like they spent 11 days for preparation of old garage sale.New ships like every time are old NPCs reworked.

Let's see what Cryptic offer us this year:

1.Snowball Fight! Underground respawn or invisible snowman most annoying One all factions.
    2.Tide of Ice ! No accolades reward after players finish the mission all factions.
    3.Fastest Game On Ice! Some players with multiple toons cant get the reward ships no meter they collect 1000 pics .
    4.Fastest Game On Ice! Some players with multiple toons cant get the reward ships (Chel Gret) for 40 pics and they have that ship account unlocked already.
    5.The Invisible Snowblower (with some or all) I try lot of outfits, still can't see but at list is working .
    6.Fastest Game On Ice! Romulan toons do not get general accolade "Ice Racer" after they win 10 races

Thats basically it

But i would also say that the racetracks need to be at a different location so we don´t have snowmen attacking during snowball fights or players standing on the racetrack or crossing it all the time.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thats basically it

But i would also say that the racetracks need to be at a different location so we don´t have snowmen attacking during snowball fights or players standing on the racetrack or crossing it all the time.

If the snowmen are firing at racers again then that's a re-introduced bug that was originally fixed last year!
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For some reason, all but one of the KDF scarves are unavailable in the "Off Duty" category. You can only choose them under the "Uniform" category.
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    If the snowmen are firing at racers again then that's a re-introduced bug that was originally fixed last year!

I got pwned by a snowman during the race today. :(
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, the snowmen are still underground sometimes.

Also, the gingerbread security team is great, but they don't attack the boss at the end of the snowball fight. They just stare at it.
  • Options
    dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2014
    zntech wrote: »
    Since 4. of Dec. "Winter Event " started with numerous bugs, I don't know why ?

Let's see what Cryptic offer us this year:

4.Fastest Game On Ice! Some players with multiple toons cant get the reward ships (Chel Gret) for 40 pics and they have that ship account unlocked already.

XP boost pack points are useless.It started somewhere after Winter Event began,i noticed a couple of days ago .

I have a lot of XP boost points loaded but none works when I am collecting Doff mission rewards.
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

It must be a randomly occurring bug. Because I've run the race everyday so far on seven toons and I've not been bothered by a single one. I've even run head first into a couple and they've ignored me and moved on to someone else that isn't doing the race.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It seems accolades I get with one character can not be gotten with an alt.
    Ie; the Accolade for viewing all the snowmen.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    It must be a randomly occurring bug. Because I've run the race everyday so far on seven toons and I've not been bothered by a single one. I've even run head first into a couple and they've ignored me and moved on to someone else that isn't doing the race.

From all the races, every time there is a fight, i got attacked.... i usually wait until is over and then race... so yeah, it's a regression..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    fastest fails sometimes without even starting. You talk to the race starter, and it starts a countdown without warping you to the starting point, then you get "out of bounds failed" message, still standing beside the race starter guy. Minor-- you can restart it -- but annoying.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I have only had it happen if I am running the race unopposed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Wnter Event Bugs 2015

Cant find any other place to put them since the forms change so here they are.

No credit for participation in the snowball fight for accolade since the first day. I have 4 showing and have done over 10.
    No eggs (well known issue)
    No credit for participation in tides of ice toward accolade since the first day. I have 4 showing here also all on first day but over 10 completed. (yes I know to hit the button to participate when in the area)
    When in any snow ball fighting event with npc's several times I have been frozen for up to 3 or 4 min at a time when not being hit with anything. Doesn't happen often but about once or twice a day.
    Same bug from fastest game on ice from last year, every now and then it fails to start.

I see other people complaining in zone and local chat about these same things so its not isolated

Thank you for reading this (I hope) and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or what every greating you prefer
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Most severe I found is the "gameserver not found". But safe login puts me in.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Wnter Event Bugs 2015

No credit for participation in the snowball fight for accolade since the first day. I have 4 showing and have done over 10.
    No credit for participation in tides of ice toward accolade since the first day. I have 4 showing here also all on first day but over 10 completed. (yes I know to hit the button to participate when in the area)
    When in any snow ball fighting event with npc's several times I have been frozen for up to 3 or 4 min at a time when not being hit with anything. Doesn't happen often but about once or twice a day.
    Same bug from fastest game on ice from last year, every now and then it fails to start.

I see other people complaining in zone and local chat about these same things so its not isolated

Thank you for reading this (I hope) and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or what every greating you prefer

You aren't supposed to post in a thread if the last post is more than a month old.

*my sig*
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I find this thread is full of bugs, it needs to be in the bug section of the forums.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

It's happening. Got attacked today while doing the race.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Were you running the Race against no opponent?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Wnter Event Bugs 2015

The only Tides of Ice I haven't gotten credit for that I was there for was one where I joined very late. Thursday and Friday runs got four of my old characters finished with their accolades. They all had the ones for Snowball Fight a couple of years back, so I won't know if that's working until I'm done finishing Line in the Snow on all of my old characters.

I think I know what your long-term frozen situations are. When they freeze you once, you get frozen, with frosty graphics and have to wait to become unfrozen. When you become unfrozen, there's a delay before your health comes back to full, and if you get hit then, by even one snowball, you're frozen again, but without the frosty graphics this time. That's been happening for years, and is very annoying. The only time that Fastest Game on Ice doesn't start for me is when a certain line-cutting behavior happens, then the other person gets transported onto the track without an opponent, and I get stuck in place where I am and insta-fail. That one is also annoying.

If your bugs are different, though, my condolences for being more buggy than I am, and I hope they fix these bugs, both universal and transient.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Here is another thing to add to the bug list. The ramp that leads to the north village covered the spawn point for ingredients, leaving most recipes not able to be completed.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Wnter Event Bugs 2015

You aren't supposed to post in a thread if the last post is more than a month old.

*my sig*

Thank you Forum police, very usful post if that's the case then the thread should be locked but then you would not have anything to do so I totally get it
  • Options
    hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User

*my sig*

What I find fascinating about this thread is, #1 on the list (snowmen spawning underground) is still happening a year later!
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Any recipe which calls for eggs or gelatin found near the new path leading up to the gingerbread village is bugged as the path covers the ingredients you need

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Thanks for helping! I'm going to move this to the Bug Subforum though where it can get more visibility by the deveries.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Yes, about the retrieval point for ingredients below the ramp. That really needs to be fixed. While I don't know the coding for the game it probably shouldn't be too big of a challenge as it can possibly be done by simply raising the spawn point on the y-axis, or whatever axis constitute the the up-down one.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Mint is also under the road. It's shallow enough to reach it and pick it up, but you can find it only by the blinky, it's not visible. Buried under the snow, methinks ;)​​
  • Options
    ofmanynamesofmanynames Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    One more bug that started with the winter event - a chat channel issue. Me and a fried of mine had this one: one of the channels we are members of had its title replaced with some error line long that much that we were unable to write anything. It hepled to leave channel and to rejoin it - but the line itself is still stuck in there like this. I have no idea what to do about it.

Ke2xJgvY6WM.jpg
    True enough is my favourite kind of lie.
  • Options
    darquesanddarquesand Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    1. Switching characters results in "Game server not found" and disconnect me.
    2. Snowball fight - snowmen are underground and gingerbread security does nothing.
    3. Winter Wonderland Chef - eggs/gelatin are missing in the map for the following recipes: Tranya Balls, Snaildoodles, Nog's Nog, Lowfat Egg Nog, Kava Juice Gumdropes, Jellied Gree-worm cookies, Glazed Ham, Deka Tea Loaf, and Candied Tube Grubs.
    4. Tide of Ice - missing mission reward(s) at the end. Mission doesn't conclude even when the boss is down resulting players leaving the area and accidentally abandoning the mission room.
    5. Q at Earth Station sometimes shows up under his chair.
  • Options
    cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    One of my toons can never compete in the second race of the hour (tested it several times-its only my KDF toon and only happens during the second race), it gives the option to join the race but once I join it, it just keeps asking me to join and it never actually lets me join. I've noticed all the other bugs listed above as well. I also don't like how during"Tides of Ice" it pops up the rewards after each wave and you have to click okay (the interaction button on my keyboard wont clear it, i have to click it with my mouse) and it interrupts you while you are in the middle of combat, why not just give us the rewards without that pop up, maybe have it appear above the chat window or something that doesn't make you stop what you are doing?

Also, you cant do the pie eating contest during the "Cones of Conduct" without getting hit by the snowmen.
    Post edited by cookiecupcakes on
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Who can confirm that the 1st place flag can be stolen this year?