test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can wear winter clothes anywhere...

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
...so why can't we wear Summer Risian clothes and Clubwear anywhere also?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cuz they're underpants.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kayajay wrote: »

Singular : Winter Cloth ... :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First off, you can wear summer clothes anywhere. That is to say that you can wear the Risian Explorer outfit anywhere.

Swimsuits can't be worn everywhere because they are not tasteful in most locations. I, for one, got sick of seeing the immature players running around in nude colored swimsuits. STO isn't a strip club after all.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cold weather wear is sensible and considered appropriate attire to most locations. Winter wear has also been seen to form part of Starfleets Uniform code on many away missions. Bikini's and swim wear are sensible and appropriate for hot vacation spots, holo-beaches and the bedroom, and I can't recall seeing them forming any part of a uniform.. other than on Orions of course, who already have access to the appropriate uniform items.

In short, if you wanna run around showing that much flesh, roll an Orion, or stay on Risa.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, the mirror Starfleet has beared midriffs for the ladies...and some VERY short skirts.
  • avengaline1avengaline1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see people in swimsuits all the time outside Risa, so it must be possible.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cuz they're underpants.

But some of the folks out there are the very definition of Captain Underpants...
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see people in swimsuits all the time outside Risa, so it must be possible.

Are you sure they are not Orions wearing the maximum clothing their race allows?
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    STO isn't a strip club after all.

I agree. same thing for the Orion female and they posture. i have forgotten the name (sexy, or something like that.

i don't like the postures associated to the females in this game (tiny etc); why not a "tiny" kdf male?

swimwears must stay at Risa
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    if you wanna run around showing that much flesh, roll an Orion,

FYI, the "Intel" lower of an Orion female is named "Bikini", and is only a bikini bottom with no drapes. And it's the "Uniform" piece.
  • selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Swimsuits can't be worn everywhere because they are not tasteful in most locations. I, for one, got sick of seeing the immature players running around in nude colored swimsuits. STO isn't a strip club after all.

But in EPIC world it would be. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    selraxxx wrote: »
    But in EPIC world it would be. :P

Epic Mk XIV Breast Slider...Season 10?
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And actually, Orion slavegirls do go around in nothing buy loincloths.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes Orions do. But unlike the swimsuits, you can't change orion clothes colors to match the skin tone of your toon. That's the annoying part of what players with bikinis do.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    KDF.

We haz Orions :cool:

Probably the last true perk of the KDF these days :P

Also, I love having my Female Orion wear her Swimwear in the Winter Event.

1. I know it bunches up the panties of as many people out there as did the Subspace Amplifier

2. My Orion in any cold setting never feels it. She is hot, so by definition, never gets cold.

"The cold never bothered me anyways..."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kerfokerfo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, if there's folks who hate seeing the wrong type of clothes in the wrong type of environment then I cannot wait to get my ferasan, put on some winter clothes and go to Nimbus 3 or Risa. I'm gonna be the hottest thing there!
    STO forum term definitions for newbies: Piloting Skill: That thing you do where you fly around and avoid big scary green plasma balls of death. Pressing F and spacebar may also relate to skill. Taco: A very sacred thing. Do not speak I'll of the Taco or things will happen. Terrible things! Humor: Something not found here. Don't bring it. This forum is serious business. Fun: Something illegal. Don't have it and don't bring it
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kerfo wrote: »
    Well, if there's folks who hate seeing the wrong type of clothes in the wrong type of environment then I cannot wait to get my ferasan, put on some winter clothes and go to Nimbus 3 or Risa. I'm gonna be the hottest thing there!

Try Reman.

Reman Females. With the Type 3 Reman head.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • wanghunglo42wanghunglo42 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can leave Risa and still be in your swim gear. But if you go to a tailor in your swim gear, you might not leave wearing it. So avoid the tailor if you wish to keep wearing it outside the bounds of Risa.

All my toons (and their boffs) are women with super curves. Personally my little digital harem wouldn't have ANY clothes on if it was up to me (like you can do with Dragon Age patches). They'd all be like Ferengi women...or Betazoid women on their wedding day.

But hey, it's multi-player. Can't corrupt the kids.

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    FYI, the "Intel" lower of an Orion female is named "Bikini", and is only a bikini bottom with no drapes. And it's the "Uniform" piece.

Yeah.. that was pretty much my point.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • kerfokerfo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Try Reman.

Reman Females. With the Type 3 Reman head.

With or without the eye-wear they get?

Orions doing their thing, Ferengi women showing it off and mini-skirts galore. Star Trek isn't as innocent as some people make it out to be. It's almost like trying to censor a strip club. lol.

Well, I guess iit could be worse. You know, that alternate life of which the full name shall not be spoken of here.
    STO forum term definitions for newbies: Piloting Skill: That thing you do where you fly around and avoid big scary green plasma balls of death. Pressing F and spacebar may also relate to skill. Taco: A very sacred thing. Do not speak I'll of the Taco or things will happen. Terrible things! Humor: Something not found here. Don't bring it. This forum is serious business. Fun: Something illegal. Don't have it and don't bring it
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can leave Risa and still be in your swim gear. But if you go to a tailor in your swim gear, you might not leave wearing it. So avoid the tailor if you wish to keep wearing it outside the bounds of Risa.

All my toons (and their boffs) are women with super curves. Personally my little digital harem wouldn't have ANY clothes on if it was up to me (like you can do with Dragon Age patches). They'd all be like Ferengi women...or Betazoid women on their wedding day.

There are mods for that.
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,872 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Amazing logic op! So because I can wear a jacket anywhere means I should be able to wear a bikini anywhere!

Sure I'll agree to that razor sharp logic once you show me all of these episodes of women walking around in Bikinis on Space Stations, Planetside Missions, and of course Starship Bridges.

Or maybe I'll just save you the time and simply say it's a lot LOT easier to find jackets and you wont find many bikinis except on Risa or in personal quarters. ;)
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The simple truth:
    Some people like to mind everyone else's business and tell them how they should (and how they should not) dress, how they should (and should not) play the game, how they should (and should not) think, what belief system they should (and should not) affirm, etc. Their usual excuse is "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" but this is a red herring and we all know it.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    The simple truth:
    Some people like to mind everyone else's business and tell them how they should (and how they should not) dress, how they should (and should not) play the game, how they should (and should not) think, what belief system they should (and should not) affirm, etc. Their usual excuse is "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" but this is a red herring and we all know it.

Exactly. no one is worried about seeing real people in swimwear but seeing them in a game could harm children?
    And i agree that STO is not a strip club, but i never saw swimwear in a stripclub. Underwear, lingerie yes, but no swimwear, just saying.

And think of the tactical value. Nothing is scarier than a gorn wearing speedos (old one but still true)
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You see plenty of people in bikinis and club clothes outside of designated zones. All you have to do is be a secret keeper within those fleets and you too can glitch uniforms that allow you to have a talaxian with trill spots and a tail, with no head.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014

btw : We can wear Risian Summer Clothes everyone, just not the Swimsuits .... Risian Beachcomber & Explorer Outfit on the other hand, no problem ... and since there is basically only one Winter Jacket anyway ...

PS : There are some Winter restrictions as well ... you won't see Gingerbread Pets running around after the Winter Event i.E. ... of course Gingerbread Men are not Bikinis ... so nodody cares :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,872 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    The simple truth:

Why is wearing bikinis everywhere such a big deal? I mean I can't really see a logical explanation other than so people can get their rocks off somewhere besides Risa.

I've challenged many times including in this thread and no one has shown me the evidence I've been looking for...yet jackets are common place.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,684 Arc User
    edited December 2014

you can wear the beachcomber outfit anywhere unless they recently nerfed it
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,684 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, the mirror Starfleet has bare midriffs for the ladies...and some VERY short skirts.

wasn't just the mirror universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ltzmI1P1c

just imagine if the next Star Trek series were on Showtime or HBO...
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kerfo wrote: »
    Orions doing their thing, Ferengi women showing it off and mini-skirts galore. Star Trek isn't as innocent as some people make it out to be.

Yeah, whenever I see someone trying to "Oh, we're too serious for that!" Star Trek, I think about all those wacko costumes that Theiss did in the original series. :rolleyes: