latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    100 percent.
    Nuff said.

Likewise. Caught wind of this one long before even the leak of the pets, and have been saving up for it, and I've got more than enough. Got a character who makes extensive use of the Elachi ships who will make ample use of this monster :)
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    On a scale of 100% probable, to "The assets have probably already been added to the database, along with the stats", I'm gonna lean towards both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bring it on, I love the Elachi
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Want ship,

but I wanted to say somehow it reminds me of the death stars in battlestar galactica the cylon base ship things..

(I think they called them deathstars or was that star wars.. getting old sucks)

Still I kinda balked originally at these types of ships but over time I have come to kinda like the variety.

Anyhow want ship so gonna get said ship. :D
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    Want ship,

but I wanted to say somehow it reminds me of the death stars in battlestar galactica the cylon base ship things..

(I think they called them deathstars or was that star wars.. getting old sucks)

Still I kinda balked originally at these types of ships but over time I have come to kinda like the variety.

Anyhow want ship so gonna get said ship. :D

Death Star = Star Wars

Base Star/Base Ship = BSG

Sci-Fi 101 :P
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like a copy of the Scimitar for the Feds and KDF, higher durability but no cloak. Should be stupidly powerful, though I don't think quiiiiiite enough to knock the Scimitar off its perch.
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Man I so want this ship, but I don't have the money nor resources to really pursue it. Plus if its anything like the Voth Bulwark its going to be like 500+ Million EC on the Exchange. I've only got between all of my toons 75 million ECs. Goes through the first week of January, but my money is really tight the next couple of months. I'm sure or at least hope they will do these types of things more often.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    Death Star = Star Wars

Base Star/Base Ship = BSG

Sci-Fi 101 :P

yay base star okay close enough I am thinking of the original battlestar galactica the campy 70's version as well but they did have a similar one in the redo of it just the first thing that came to mind was the cylon base star when I saw it :P
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The lockbox chance for getting the grand prize is 0.5 %, I believe. I strongly suspect that these packs have a similar likelihood. I am not sure if someone did test things on Tribble with the Voth Bulwark for example. (You can test it on Tribble by repeatedly copying a character with boxes and keys over, put the keys and boxes in the account bank, and repeat).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well then now that they're releasing this I want a fleet Guardian with saucer separation and hanger bay.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just when I thought I wouldn't spend money on sto for a while *because I spent a lot recently not because of some half assed strike* they put this thing in. Guess I'll be trying to get it.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would this ship work on a Tac character? or is it more geared for an Engineer?
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What that thing reminds me of is the Sabre from Freelancer, but I do like the design. Is it too big though?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    dykeras wrote: »

Its basically a Scimitar, so a Tac should work fine.

EPTS1/RSP1/EPTW3/DEM3
    PH1/HE2/ST3
    TT1/FAW2/APB2
    FAW1/APB1
    ET1

I imagine thats what the standard cookie-cutter layout will look like. Launch pets and FAWspam to your heart's content, no longer limited to Romulans.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was looking at this possible config pve/dps-wise:
    tt1 apb1 apo1
    et1 ats1
    epts1 dem1 eptw3 dem3
    he1 st2 oss3
    tt1 faw2 faw3
    Not bad for a dread carrier. Btw, it seems really good, and the design is awesome like the others elachi ships ;)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dykeras wrote: »
    I am kinda of the opinion that if you need to ask the question, you probably shouldn't bother yet with such expensive ships yet. :p

But I don't know. It's a Cruiser. Cruisers kinda always work for Tacs. With the Universal slot, you can make it pretty tac ability focused, with means it will synergize well with the Tactical Captain abilities. But is that the best choice? Not sure.

Though I tend to think - Engineer is never the best choice. NPCs are not threatening enough normally to need all the Engineering healing abilities, and Science and Tact just have the better offense buffs. I could see some interesting Science options with the ship, though I am not that much a fan of low turning ships for Science characters, since Subnucleonic Beam is a directional captain power. But you don't need that power all that much in PvE...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its basically a Scimitar, so a Tac should work fine.

EPTS1/RSP1/EPTW3/DEM3
    PH1/HE2/ST3
    TT1/FAW2/APB2
    FAW1/APB1
    ET1

I imagine thats what the standard cookie-cutter layout will look like. Launch pets and FAWspam to your heart's content, no longer limited to Romulans.

for a pure DPS build I imagine that sci won't be used for grav well, but rather surgical strikes or the like.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    for a pure DPS build I imagine that sci won't be used for grav well, but rather surgical strikes or the like.

Well I figure you don't want to run without HE and most people carry a shield heal (and getting subnuced sucks), but yeah you're right people that can afford Zemoks will probably run APB1/APO1, drop the PH, then throw in either OSS3 or Ionic Turbulence 2.
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2014
    GOD how I want the trait from this ship.

Wouldn't mind the console, either.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    GOD how I want the trait from this ship.

Wouldn't mind the console, either.

What Trait does it have?! And what console?! And why am I unaware of these?! And why am I asking so many questions?! Okay, I'm going to shut up now. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like a copy of the Scimitar for the Feds and KDF, higher durability but no cloak. Should be stupidly powerful, though I don't think quiiiiiite enough to knock the Scimitar off its perch.

Psh, the shroomheads aren't capable of constructing anything up to the standards of prime Romulan/Reman engineering. I seem to recall destroying more than one of those Sheshar dreadnoughts, and I think that was even before I had access to a Scimitar myself.

That said, I must begrudgingly admit they make some cool-looking ships. I'd say something about how I wish I had the money to go all out on a ship like this, but even if I did, I think I'd still stand pretty firm on not giving Cryptic anymore of my money for the foreseeable future.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That ugly as sin thing has a nice boff layout.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    xuelxuel Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This ship is way more powerfull then a Scimitar even the t5-u scimitar. The +.2 bonuse shield, 2 lt com slots (one being for intel boff, other univ) +2 console slots (+1 over the t5-u) 8.3k more hull at lvl 50, oh and before i forget, it's a T6 ship so gets a starship trait.
  • Options
    vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    What that thing reminds me of is the Sabre from Freelancer, but I do like the design. Is it too big though?

Freelancer Original or Discovery Mod?

Either way.

As much as I would just... LOVE... to get this. I'm not shelling out a dime til the game is fixed. At most I'll just save my EC ingame til I can afford it. Hell in a hand basket already for making EC already as it is.
    [SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Oh the humanity.... Oh the insanity.... Oh the Empty Queue bugs....
  • Options
    mike1027mike1027 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    On a scale of 100% probable, to "The assets have probably already been added to the database, along with the stats", I'm gonna lean towards both.

by 100 percent does that mean if I buy 4 rd boxes I get 4 ships..

or is it .52 or whatever the same as lockboxes
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I'd love Cryptic to clarify the approximate chances. I was planning a purchase of R&D material boxes this week, but I'll hold off until Thursday.

I was thinking the same thing - it's potentially a fed and kdf scimitar in the right hands. The Breen raider can almost through hot that sort of damage, but not consistently and it's far too squishy for my tastes. This dreadnaught looks sexy and seems to have the firepower to match.

Imagine it with KDF elite disrupters...
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Build a Cruiser like you made this year called the Risan Luxury Cruiser but instead of making it a Sailing Ship type which to me is okay , but others here don't care of that. I know you can build a new design where the ship turns on the dime, 5 forward and 5 aft weapons 5 devices, 5, ENG, 5, SCI, 5, TAC Consoles Slots. Add to more shield slots, second deflector. Make fun to use like nimble.

Old game I use to play had a ship called the Reaper 7 weapons slots, 4 armor slots and 3 extra slots. Nemesis had 16 weapons slots but I know never going to see that in STO but the point is max the weapons lots at 5 by 5 instead 5/3, 5/2, 4/4, 4/3, 4/2, 3/3, 3/2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xuel wrote: »
    This ship is way more powerfull then a Scimitar even the t5-u scimitar. The +.2 bonuse shield, 2 lt com slots (one being for intel boff, other univ) +2 console slots (+1 over the t5-u) 8.3k more hull at lvl 50, oh and before i forget, it's a T6 ship so gets a starship trait.

My thoughts exactly, + it gets a cruiser command to aid in WP drain BIG time so, viably I foresee it being as powerful as the Scimitar, if not more so!

Also get a pretty hefty selection of carrier pets to boot!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xuel wrote: »
    Lol no. The Scimitar can either run a full a2b build, or 2 copies of BFAW3 + APB3. Also, the scimitar have frigate that can use BFAW (crazy good skill on a pet). On the elachi, you can't run APB3, and you can't have 2 BFAW3. As for the pets, while they seems good, CRF is not that good on a pet, because they tend to hug the target and fire the turrets only. The torp spread however could be interesting, but they'll likely use it as soon as they undock, and waste the full effect of it.
    Also, you have 5 tac console on a scimi.

While good, this ship is not close to the OPness of the scimitard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]