test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tier 6 elachi sheshar dreadnought cruiser

13»

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The DilEx already went up by several points due to people hoarding zen to buy packs. :D

Bah! These guys weren't around for when the Dil Exchange was in the mid-300's :cool:

Lowest I ever recall seeing it drop was roughly 89.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bah! These guys weren't around for when the Dil Exchange was in the mid-300's :cool:

Lowest I ever recall seeing it drop was roughly 89.

Yeah, 312, 315... ohh, those days!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tl;dr past page 2, but just in case nobody has done it yet, here's the Freelancer Sabre mentioned:

http://fl-guide.de/graph/sabre.png

I noticed it too. It didn't turn me off, any. Just a funny comparison.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, lets assume for one moment that your assumption.. and it is an assumption is correct.

Lets assume, as you have, that ships are planned months in advance and given a set release date.

If that's so, then give me a reason why with the game being in the state that it is, would that release date be so vital? In other words, why could the developers not decide to wait another couple weeks to prioritize fixes in the game and improvements in player experience before releasing a ship they want people to pay for?

There is no reason why this ship must release today or tomorrow. If it released in 1 or 2 weeks, what difference would it make? There is no harm in dealing with pressing issues currently plaguing the game before asking people to shell out more money. In fact, it's a much more responsible business practice. If the ship is done, it's done.. there is no reason why it's release needs to be prioritized over more pressing issues.

As it sits right now, I and many others see a game in flux and instead of getting interaction from the developers and progress in fixing the problems, we're getting a new super ship that everyone can pay to have a chance to get. Instead of trying to make money by putting out a good game, they're releasing shiny new ships as a financial band aid to keep the coffers full while the game goes to hell.

I'm sorry, but I'm not happy about that, and I'm not falling for it.
    There's nothing to fall for, it's zero effort on their part since the ship model and an elachi bridge is already made, all they have to do is assign the player statistics to it, and let's not suddenly forget the tunnel vision these guys seem to be suffering from, delaying making a profit so that they can actually fix the game is so out of character from what we have come to expect from Cryptic I would be completely flabbergasted if they ever did it.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    There's nothing to fall for, it's zero effort on their part since the ship model and an elachi bridge is already made, all they have to do is assign the player statistics to it

This is a short-sighted perspective.

You are forgetting the ship artists who need to make sure every cosmetic effect in the game works properly the ship. This includes all the reputation space sets which give cosmetic effects, and ship powers which the NPC dreadnought does not normally use. This includes captain powers from all 3 careers, intelligence powers, and non-standard universal console powers.

Along with any other special effects from the use of consumables, duty officers, and reputation powers, and special effects used on the dreadnought from other players and NPCs, which the NPC ship may not normally be under effect of.

There is also the matter of making sure travel powers (such as transwarp) work correctly, and things such as sector space travel and asynchronus warp fields are working with the ship.

You also forget the ship trait artwork, the special console artwork, the lockbox artwork, and the new elachi pet artwork. Which may seem trivial, but is not 'zero effort'.

Along with the ship trait working with every other ship in the game correctly that is not the Elachi Dreadnought.

You also forget the set bonus, and the effort taken to ensure the console power and ship bonus also work on the other elachi ships.

Not to mention testing to ensure all of this works as intended.

Ship design is more than a model and statistics, it requires labor from multiple departments.

I can agree that the effort needed to create an Elachi Dreadnought may not be as intensive as a brand new design. But it is nowhere near the amount 'zero effort'.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mike1027 wrote: »
    what are the odds of getting one. and what do you guys think of it

They don't like giving the odds. They know people will definitely not try if the people knew how truly futile it was.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    This is a short-sighted perspective.
    You are right in that respect, but I am very much in agreement with seaofsorrows that this is a very badly timed money grab while things are not rosey in Muddville, and while it may not be zero effort, it's certainly the path of least resistance, and being a lock box ship people will end up spending dozens of times what the thing is actually worth for a ship that, however much I like the design, has as much to do with Star Trek as the Goodyear Blimp.
    Oh well, if people enjoy the thing, what the hell, why not?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • generalzod34generalzod34 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is up with the pets on this thing? Running Support craft console,Seperated Shuttle, and frigates in hanger bay, damage is terrible! No where near or comparable to other dreadnoughts with there frigates PLEASE fix!
  • zisskhanlkzisskhanlk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just got my Elachi Dreadnought Cruiser, I hit level 40 and quite exited to do the test run. So i had a level 39 mission. So i gave a try.. "Understand, i still have standard equipment equip that came with ship". I am taking a level 40 ship to level 39 mission. First combat with a Romulan Battle cruiser it 4 shot me. Before even i knew, i was dead. Second confrontation with Romulan cruiser 3 shot dead. Pet and separation of lower body does no damage to little on enemy. The ship doesn't come with the Epic powers that normal ship have.. that you get in standard ship as a game. After several death i some how completed the mission. Feel like the Dreadnought is a **** ship just for showoff.

People, who own this please point out if i am doing something wrong.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This ship seems to be in quite high demand, to the point I can't even find it on sale in the Exchange anymore.

Is it really that good?

I don't remember the Elachi stuff being that popular the first time it came out

Even Monbosh and S'Golth's are being flown more these days
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This ship seems to be in quite high demand, to the point I can't even find it on sale in the Exchange anymore.

Is it really that good?

I don't remember the Elachi stuff being that popular the first time it came out

Even Monbosh and S'Golth's are being flown more these days

It's in demand because it's new and rare.

Just give it a few weeks and the honest reviews will start to appear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!