test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need your Help: I made a mistake

kittyhawknx91036kittyhawknx91036 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
Can everyone help me to get STO Customer Service's attention on a matter?

I submitted a ticket and because of a typo used the wrong @Handle. Hence STO Customer Service closed my ticket.

Since the ticket is close I can not tell them about my typo, and have them fix my problem. Also STO Customer Service will not accept a new ticket (recipient failed permanently) for me to explain that I used the wrong @Handle for my old ticket.

Guys can you PLEASE support this post by typing a message urging ARC to reopen my ticket? Thank you all for any help!
I will let you now if STO Customer Service pays attention to this forum, and the final outcome.

"STO Customer Service, Please email or message me @Dash_Nighthawk and let me reopen my ticket!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure what can be done. You may need to continue attempting a new ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • Options
    kiof1701akiof1701a Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Attetntion STO Customer Service...

I have information relevant to the aforementioned closed ticket.

I would be happy to chat with someone so we can resolve this issue for my fleet mate.

Please allow him to reopen the ticket or submit a new one.

Feel free to contact me also.

Scott Allen
    @kiof1701
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP, you can simply send Customer Service an email explaining the situation: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    OP, you can simply send Customer Service an email explaining the situation: customerservice@perfectworld.com

I did and this was their replay:
    This appears to be a duplicate of a ticket already in our system. Please refer to ticket XXXXX-000608 for updates.

We ask that you please avoid sending us multiple tickets regarding the same issue. This only increases the delay in receiving a response from us.

In other words: Just spend money don't bother us.

Note the original ticket that refer to is closed with a permanent failure. Catch 22
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did and this was their replay:
    This appears to be a duplicate of a ticket already in our system. Please refer to ticket XXXXX-000608 for updates.

We ask that you please avoid sending us multiple tickets regarding the same issue. This only increases the delay in receiving a response from us.

In other words: Just spend money don't bother us.

Note the original ticket that refer to is closed with a permanent failure. Catch 22
    My point was to send them a email to fix your @handle issues. Once you fix that then you can worry about your existing ticket and whatever problem needs to be fixed with that. One problem at a time.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just found this ticket on the floor. I think OP may have dropped it.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND OP AND GIVE HIM IS TICKET BACK!!!

Its CHRISTMAS people! come on!
  • Options
    jwhitakerjwhitaker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree, allow him to reopen the ticket or submit a new one. I can't really understand why they can't do that anyhow.

Hopefully they will listen!
  • Options
    provisiiprovisii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    +1. Not cool to not even attempt to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Guys can you please help me raise awareness for uses?

STO Customer Service WILL NOT help me because I made a mistake name. I forgot an UNDERSCORE in my name. So the ticket was locked and all new requests say use the original ticket!!! How can I use the original ticket???

This could be you someday and I would Certainty Post a message there to help you.

Though I guess STO Customer Service just cares about profits and not really helping uses.

Anyway wishing you all a happy up coming holidays
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I submitted a ticket and because of a typo used the wrong @Handle. Hence STO Customer Service closed my ticket.

Since the ticket is close I can not tell them about my typo, and have them fix my problem. Also STO Customer Service will not accept a new ticket (recipient failed permanently) for me to explain that I used the wrong @Handle for my old ticket.

Guys can you PLEASE support this post by typing a message urging ARC to reopen my ticket? Thank you all for any help!
    I will let you now if STO Customer Service pays attention to this forum, and the final outcome.

"STO Customer Service, Please email or message me @Dash_Nighthawk and let me reopen my ticket!"

Best laugh ive had all week! Nothing personal to OP. The customer service is known to be just .....meh
  • Options
    ashandaeri33ashandaeri33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    removed message
  • Options
    ashandaeri3ashandaeri3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow arc, Perfect World, whoever is using all this money to line their pockets.

An underscore? And your system enters a broken state in which the consumer is forced to repurchase items they already had or face the long agonizing process of customer service which has only become even more so due to a single character error.

Yes im aware you have thousands of service entries, and yes im aware it was user error. But to be honest your system is not exactly clear with the @handles etc. Ive been around for several years and i STILL dont understand it.

Just give the OP back his items and move on.

Edit: I have been around a lot longer than 2014, again, broken systems. I have two accounts both show incorrect join date.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    STO Customer Service will still not let me start a new ticket or revisit the old ticket to let me explain my error.

For a company that prides them selves in customer service. I am VERY disappointed that this matter will not be addressed since all I did was not put an under score in my name.

All I want is for them to let me reissue my Support Ticket. *sigh
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pm trendy or another person on this board CSR person..with your issue explain it clearly ask them if they can open you a new ticket with the info under the correct username....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @ummax - I tried to message "trendy" from the board here, but the name was invalid. Any suggestions?

I also tired Request GM Help in game and got the same form letter back saying to use my original Ticket that is closed and returns a permanent failure.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its' pwetrendy not just trendy ;)
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Welcome to the wonderful world of dealing with automated message handling software. Hopefully pming pwelaughingtrendy might help or as least get useful advice, sorry but the forums isn't really the place to turn to for solutions, as many of us are grimly aware.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Over the YEARS I've put in quite a few requests...I've never once got a reply.
  • Options
    frankiedoospacefrankiedoospace Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I've met this awesome player. I believe this should be resolve. She* told me her story in-game. I've played a bit with her. I think, she deserve a second chance at getting her Amazon Legacy copy back,. I will write an official complete message on behalf of the of the Starfleet Canada government and reach out to my contacts for fixing your account. I might even get you, kittyhawk (@Dash_Nighthawk), an interview on a podcast. I really feel that you are legit and telling the truth.

I will do my best to get you the proper help you need. I promised you that you will NOT be tossed away this time.
    Thank you.

Soval,
    Prime Minister of Starfleet Canada.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well...Well... you mght get an Interview. I am forwarding your problem to Priority One Podcast. <<<
    =D
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well...Well... you mght get an Interview. I am forwarding your problem to Priority One Podcast. <<<
    =D
    "Yeah sorry, it seemed to be caused by a reporting error." :cool::D
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited December 2014
    OP - the following are the forum handles for Captain Smirk (our CM), Laughing Trendy (another CM), and the PW product manager:

pwecaptainsmirk
    pwlaughingtrendy
    pweadamanteus

PM one (or all) of them. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    "Yeah sorry, it seemed to be caused by a reporting error." :cool::D

Well, I tried. They can't help. However, maybe we should start a petition. I shall ask her what she thinks about the idea. Then, I'll start collecting all your names, if she agrees.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've never received anything besides automated responses on the couple of tickets that I've submitted and resubmitted. So don't hold your breath. But good luck.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, I tried. They can't help. However, maybe we should start a petition. I shall ask her what she thinks about the idea. Then, I'll start collecting all your names, if she agrees.
    With she you mean trendy? Good luck, I never got any responses whatsoever on my pm's to the community managers. I wish you well.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    With she you mean trendy? Good luck, I never got any responses whatsoever on my pm's to the community managers. I wish you well.

No, I meant, she, the player, the owner of this thread. Kittyhawk.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Be careful with that petition. Petitions on the forum are against the rules and will get modsmacked.

I'll be careful. It just a list of people names that support her case, meaning all, who aggrees that her Legacy account should be returned-unlocked and her ticket erased or unlocked. So, if I post them here, they'll close this thread? I might use other comms, instead of posting it here. There are contacts I haven't reached out to yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I have been on STO for almost 5 years now and 6 if you add the time in the old forums before the game was released. They're my second family! At least, to me! Lol! I even sent them pictures to put in the game. STO has a special place in my heart, just like a girlfriend would have. =P
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    +1

Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well when all else fails ask your friend to ask Smirk for help.

I cannot do anything about the ticket or the account, but I can forward this thread to one of our CS teammates to see what they can do.

~CaptainSmirk