test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic - Here is a bag of money - which I am NOT going to give to you!

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
Hey Cryptic Devs and Devettes, just thought I'd let you know that I have stopped spending. Some people would call me a whale, I am not rich but I do have a substantial amount available to plough into my favourite hobbies, STO was ranked high amongst them and received ....ahem, I'd better not say, but a lot! Anyway, I used to transfer my play time money into my PayPal account for easy access to Zen. For the last few weeks I have not spent any and there's quite a lot now, almost four figures in fact.

I have decided to spend it on something else because I don't think it's worth spending it on STO any more. You guys know what the problems are but I guess I was really waiting to see what you would do this week. And it is clear that your idea of progression in this game is to run Argala patrols 442 times (down from 887 times) to gain all the spec points whilst offering nothing of any note in all previous content, 2030 for story missions, less for teamed events, oh and an obvious nerf to the only really fun ground zone on the Dyson sphere. So then, I will spend my money elsewhere.

It's Xmas, so lots of things to spend it on, maybe a new ST model, some Blurays, maybe I'll even spend it on my family hehe.

Whatever I do I am absolutely sure you won't notice, but if others are thinking as I do and if enough of them hold back their cash then perhaps you will notice. I'll be keeping an eye on the Dilithium exchange to see if the price of Zen starts to rise.

Still going to play the game, I have fun there and we still have a lot of fleet mates online, but everything I spend in this game will now be earned in this game, that is until you the Devs actually start listening to us, your customers, and make the kind of changes we have been asking for, to actually make the game fun again and to end this interminable grind.

Until then, I see little point in continually starting or contributing to these kinds of posts, this will be probably be my last as I find it depressing, however as a business owner I can tell you that whoever is running your company needs to be fired asap. He/she has absolutely no idea what kind of gold mine you are sitting on and is so disconnected from your player base as to be almost insulting. I am extremely confident that I could increase your profits in a very short time as indeed many of the knowledgeable readers on here could. Still, as you won't read this I suppose I'm wasting my time even suggesting it, but I find it helps my personal level of frustration.

Come back to us when you come to your senses and the money will start flowing again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you know what else they can't have? This bowl of ice cream...because its mine, all mine

you can't have any either :D
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You mega-rich whale types should feel free to send me photography gear bought with the cash you aren't spending in the game. I just had to spend the equivalent of $2400 on camera lenses. Normally I would have spent less but due to not dropping cash here, I had money to burn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    snowpig74snowpig74 Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I spent roughly €11000 in renovation and furniture of a new appartement - usually 1/5th of that would have been paid for Zen by this date.

just checked my purchase history. I think the figures i have had this and last year will not repeat next year.
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First and four most i have spent on 8 account spread out on 16 toons i spent totall in 4 years around 10 grand lol last couple weeks i havent even log on. But i am one of those types that prides him self on owning every ship in the game. Last couple weeks i allso feel that game isnt worth the 300 monthly i spend on it ne more. When they killed alt toons it was a rap for me.
    The worse thing about dr riseing is that it makes sure no one else will play this game either becuase of horrid time gates, xp nerfs and to top that off some really bad bugs in the game. So maybe after a year u mighyt hit level 50 if you are a legit casual player.
    so they dont like new players.......
    So they dont like whales......
    So they dont like pvper's......
    Wo who is getting ne love from these guys.......
    They must not like the player base clearly thats why they ignore the players. Think about it like this would you invest in a company that lies to it's customer's in this case the player's? Delta riseing should been called "Doom Riseing" Well just look at perfect world stock before delta riseing company stock was allways above 23 dollar a share as high as 35 now they at 16 when i stop looking. I love S.T.O and consider it my hobbie as well it was more then a game now it just feels wrong they cheapen her like a Las Vegas hooker that has drink to much.
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And my money will go to Chris Roberts this time. Not gonna burn a lot of money on an unreleased game but still CR will get more than Cryptic hehe.
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love S.T.O and consider it my hobbie as well it was more then a game now it just feels wrong they cheapen her like a Las Vegas hooker that has drink to much.[/QUOTE]

Hey hey hey leave my hookers alone!! Rest is correct :)
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And my money will go to Chris Roberts this time. Not gonna burn a lot of money on an unreleased game but still CR will get more than Cryptic hehe.

Not spending here either :( The monthly stipend either gets converted to Dil or just sits in my wallet.

My money now goes to Frontier for Elite: Dangerous.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hehe nice, maybe you could upload some of the great photos you've taken since, courtesy of a Cryptic fund diversion!

Since you asked:

http://i.imgur.com/u9lqrzn.jpg

Last month's cash I would have spent paid for a trip to a seal colony:

http://i.imgur.com/Gg5HLOT.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    gregkane wrote: »
    I love S.T.O and consider it my hobbie as well it was more then a game now it just feels wrong they cheapen her like a Las Vegas hooker that has drink to much.

Hey hey hey leave my hookers alone!! Rest is correct :)[/QUOTE]

I love em too but but dam this girl is loaded rofl
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    cody0893 wrote: »
    Hey hey hey leave my hookers alone!! Rest is correct :)

I love em too but but dam this girl is loaded rofl[/QUOTE]

Im hoping for a freebie one day ;)
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »

Oh man that's just beautiful. There's something special about good night time shots.

Where is that?
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I love em too but but dam this girl is loaded rofl

Im hoping for a freebie one day ;)[/QUOTE]

Talk to q and then then grind your soul into oblivion and bam you will. But the grind will be slow and sloppy rofl
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

So your going to go from thowing away money to burning it ?

Don't do that. Go play EvE or Elite Dangerous... or something none star ship like Rift or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Im hoping for a freebie one day ;)

Talk to q and then then grind your soul into oblivion and bam you will. But the grind will be slow and sloppy rofl[/QUOTE]

Hey beggars cant be choosers ya know?? ;) its free im havin it!! As for star citizen i agree with husanak above if u do invest buy the basic basic package, when/if its released properly you can spend what you like. Elite looks cool but it seems so big itl be hard to pvp anyone as you wont be able to find anyone ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Oh man that's just beautiful. There's something special about good night time shots.

Where is that?

Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulls_Ferry,_Norwich
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Star citzens gives me hope
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I just can't bring myself to drop money for a game which isn't even pre-alpha yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Check elite dangerous also it is officially out in cple weeks not years and looks like itl be fun also, 400 billion star systems to look at!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    While the "bragging" nature of the thread may be questionable, the fundamental thing is not - don't spend money on stuff you don't want (and don't need).

Buying STO stuff while complaining will not create any financial incentives for Cryptic to listen and react to your feedback.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I AM NOT BUYING NE THING FROM CRYPTIC AT THIS POINT.
    Star citzen atleast sales me hope for a real space base flight pvp scim.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014

They know exactly what they need to do to satisfy the majority, will they do it? Yes eventually, they will have little choice, the only question that will remain is how much damage has been done to the game in the meantime.
    I kinda feel like the story about "permanent damage" to a game is a myth. Damage is only permanent if the problem persists.
    Think of the most popular example for this - Star Wars Galaxies and the New Game Expansion: The game didn't recover from that. But that is because the fundamental changes that pissed people off didn't go away.The game was very, very different afterwards. (not just "we now have specialization points after you reached top level" but more like "We removed Tactical officers and there are no Science Vessels anymore")
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey Cryptic Devs and Devettes, just thought I'd let you know that I have stopped spending. Some people would call me a whale, I am not rich but I do have a substantial amount available to plough into my favourite hobbies, STO was ranked high amongst them and received ....ahem, I'd better not say, but a lot! Anyway, I used to transfer my play time money into my PayPal account for easy access to Zen. For the last few weeks I have not spent any and there's quite a lot now, almost four figures in fact.

I have decided to spend it on something else because I don't think it's worth spending it on STO any more. You guys know what the problems are but I guess I was really waiting to see what you would do this week. And it is clear that your idea of progression in this game is to run Argala patrols 442 times (down from 887 times) to gain all the spec points whilst offering nothing of any note in all previous content, 2030 for story missions, less for teamed events, oh and an obvious nerf to the only really fun ground zone on the Dyson sphere. So then, I will spend my money elsewhere.

It's Xmas, so lots of things to spend it on, maybe a new ST model, some Blurays, maybe I'll even spend it on my family hehe.

Whatever I do I am absolutely sure you won't notice, but if others are thinking as I do and if enough of them hold back their cash then perhaps you will notice. I'll be keeping an eye on the Dilithium exchange to see if the price of Zen starts to rise.

Still going to play the game, I have fun there and we still have a lot of fleet mates online, but everything I spend in this game will now be earned in this game, that is until you the Devs actually start listening to us, your customers, and make the kind of changes we have been asking for, to actually make the game fun again and to end this interminable grind.

Until then, I see little point in continually starting or contributing to these kinds of posts, this will be probably be my last as I find it depressing, however as a business owner I can tell you that whoever is running your company needs to be fired asap. He/she has absolutely no idea what kind of gold mine you are sitting on and is so disconnected from your player base as to be almost insulting. I am extremely confident that I could increase your profits in a very short time as indeed many of the knowledgeable readers on here could. Still, as you won't read this I suppose I'm wasting my time even suggesting it, but I find it helps my personal level of frustration.

Come back to us when you come to your senses and the money will start flowing again.

I'm in the same sinking titanic as you. I stopped spending money on the game shortly before the release of dilithium rising when they began revealing information that I really didn't like: the many dilithium sinks, nerfed rewards, and time gates etc. I used to spend quite a bit, considered sto a hobby of sorts and wanted to support the game and keep it going. I still want to support it, but it's just such a mess right now. I want them to miss the iceberg, but it's full steam ahead it seems. Now from the latest patch notes they are chasing me from the last place I enjoy, the ground battle zone. It's really sad to see a game with so much potential foundering.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What is the battlezone nerf??
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is the battlezone nerf??

From the notes.

Dyson Sphere Battle Zone: Re-balanced how player's scores are calculated for open missions.
    Previously, missions were being too generous with points for tasks that were not critical to missions and too penalizing on tasks that were critical for missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
This discussion has been closed.