What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Wonderland Livestream, Wednesday 12/03 at 6PM PDT

Comments

• pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Okay, as another European player.

I can understand that you slot this livestream at a time where most Americans will be done working and getting home. You want them to be able to watch.

However, we have seen double livestreams in the past. How about you also slot a livestream at 11am PDT? Unless I did the math wrong, that should lead to livestream times: 7pm GMT, 8pm ECT, 9pm EET. And remember that that also covers not only Europeans, but players from Africa as well.

Would not be too hard I can imagine?

I wish I could but in this circumstance, the dev team is making special arrangements for us to preview the event before it goes live, and they have to wait until that afternoon to get everything set up for us.

I am really grateful for their help since I know they are busy getting the real live event prepped for our weekly maintenance the next morning for Holodeck, so I am only going to be able to do the later show.

If you wake up early the next day, you should have a few spare hours to watch the recorded show before the event goes live if you really want to see it :)

~CaptainSmirk
    edited December 2014
    I have to admit, that's pretty vague.
    Is it a mistake in the date? A livestream with only him playing? A livestream on Tribble? A bug in the Iconian matrix?

We need to know before it's too late! *panic*

It will be a big reveal day of, so you will have to stay guessing :)

We are currently recruiting others to join me. LT is game. Who else? Only time will tell...
  • cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014

We are currently recruiting others to join me. LT is game. Who else? Only time will tell...

I'm really looking forward to this!!!!!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2014
    I wouldn't mind joining you for the livesream eeerm, Winter Wounderland!!! :D Smirk... It'll be Wednesday at 6pm 1st Livestream I'll be able to make it too in a long time!!!

Comrademoco

P.S. Hi Cookie!!! :D
    :)

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk this Wednesday, December 3rd at 6PM PDT (click here for your local timezone) for our next Star Trek Online Livestream Broadcast of a special private tour of the Winter Wonderland. Come marvel at the beauty that is Q's latest gift to mankind, and the whimsy that he has created for you all. New fashion items, new cold based technology, ice weapons... and of course, all the Gingerbread men you can eat! (Please refrain from eating the Gingerbread colonists)

This year is already shaping up to be a special treat for everyone who joins Q and his Winter Minions, and we cannot wait to share it with you.

We will be streaming at a special time, live this Wednesday evening directly from Winter Wonderland, so get your winter gear ready, get on your Frosted Boots and Winter Jackets and meet us in Twitch chat for the show!

Our crew will be ready to ice skate for your pleasure, and to answer questions and give out prizes through our TwitchTV Raffle.

*To be eligible to win, you only need to be logged in to Twitch and chat the keyword that we'll ask players to post (in addition to us saying it verbally, we'll post it in chat so you can copy and paste it) right before each giveaway.

We cannot wait to see everyone enjoying the upcoming Winter Event and all the fun new merry-meant that Q has to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you in-game!

Blog Details here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9007913-livestream-of-q%27s-winter-wonderland!

~CaptainSmirk

2AM GMT!?!? Yeah, thanks I guess most of us non Americans wont be taking part in this one then. :(
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wish I could but in this circumstance, the dev team is making special arrangements for us to preview the event before it goes live, and they have to wait until that afternoon to get everything set up for us.

I am really grateful for their help since I know they are busy getting the real live event prepped for our weekly maintenance the next morning for Holodeck, so I am only going to be able to do the later show.

If you wake up early the next day, you should have a few spare hours to watch the recorded show before the event goes live if you really want to see it :)

~CaptainSmirk

Well I won't have to wake up early. 8 am PDT will be 1pm ECT for me. And I do have the day off. Except for all the Sinterklaas stuff I gotta prepare.

I'll make sure to watch it, really interested what changed in comparison to my past 2 years of Wonderlanding.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. This reason sounds fair enough.

And who knows? Maybe I get just enough sleep to still be awake at 3am..... (its 2am right now for me anyway, so we'll see).

In either case, good luck with the livestream, and make sure to give everybody my regards!
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would like to go.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Keep in mind we have an entire EU team dedicated to STO and our other games that do Livestreams as well that are perfectly timed for our EU friends.

I wish I could do round the clock livestreams for everyone, but as we normally schedule our Livestreams for midday here in California which is great for our EU friends, but that limits other areas from taking part. I am glad to hear that this will work out for some of our players farhter across the ponds like Australia and New Zealand.

This time is the time I got cleared to do this show, and by the time everyone in the EU wakes up, the event will be live! So no fun lost. You can all jump right in, and if you are curious you can watch the recorded version of the show.

I will make sure to include links to it :)

~CaptainSmirk

And where is your EU team? There are still no information or blog posts on the german website.
    There was an error on the forum last week where post and threads are gone, database errors and still no reaction after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not that i really want to watch it but still the time they chose makes this an us-only stream. Why not make it as usual during the holodeck downtime?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The funny thing is we know what you are thinking already.

Okay livesteam please work, then oh man I hope this event actually will work since nothing has worked in a really long time, and then maybe we can hit double digit viewers finally if we can get it all to work okay.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Keep in mind we have an entire EU team dedicated to STO and our other games that do Livestreams as well that are perfectly timed for our EU friends.

You do? Why are their livestreams never announced here, then? :confused:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

I've never once seen an announcement about an STO livestream which wasn't being run by you or Trendy. So is there going to be one for this? I mean after all, you said there was going to be a "big reveal"... kind of sucks that if you don't live in the US you don't get to see it til the next day.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    8 PM CST? Finally, work doesn't get in the way of watching a livestream!

...Time will tell if my derpy memory does.
  • medic670medic670 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Our crew will be ready to ice skate for your pleasure, and to answer questions and give out prizes through our TwitchTV Raffle.

*To be eligible to win, you only need to be logged in to Twitch and chat the keyword that we'll ask players to post (in addition to us saying it verbally, we'll post it in chat so you can copy and paste it) right before each giveaway.

How do you log into twitch in game, I not familiar with the program in game.
    He who knows nothing, loves nothing.
    He who can do nothing understands nothing.
    He who understands nothing is worthless.

Paracelsus 1540
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Live stream at 3AM local time when my alarm clock starts its rampage at 6 AM.. I'll pass.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ouch 2am , to late for me, have fun peeps
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    medic670 wrote: »

How do you log into twitch in game, I not familiar with the program in game.

Twitch is not part of STO it is a Game Streaming website the address for it is http://www.twitch.tv/ all u have to do is register for it
    The True King In The North
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    blanket codes never worked and due to everyone posting them on facebook and twitter they have decided tom withdraw them for te foreseeable future so spammers will ony stand a chance

Ya, I sat thru that chat spam once (incidentally the same LS that got blanket codes stealth nerfed by the devs) and decided it's not worth the headache trying to read all that garbage.

prizes or not, I'm definitely passing on this.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk this Wednesday, December 3rd at 6PM PDT (click here for your local timezone) for our next Star Trek Online Livestream Broadcast of a special private tour of the Winter Wonderland. Come marvel at the beauty that is Q's latest gift to mankind, and the whimsy that he has created for you all. New fashion items, new cold based technology, ice weapons... and of course, all the Gingerbread men you can eat! (Please refrain from eating the Gingerbread colonists)

This year is already shaping up to be a special treat for everyone who joins Q and his Winter Minions, and we cannot wait to share it with you.

We will be streaming at a special time, live this Wednesday evening directly from Winter Wonderland, so get your winter gear ready, get on your Frosted Boots and Winter Jackets and meet us in Twitch chat for the show!

We cannot wait to see everyone enjoying the upcoming Winter Event and all the fun new merry-meant that Q has to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you in-game!

Blog Details here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9007913-livestream-of-q%27s-winter-wonderland!

~CaptainSmirk

Hey Smirk, just a minor suggestion: could you add the Twitch TV channel to your Livestream announcements or signature? That would allow prospective viewers to find it quickly, add the channel to their favorites, view old Livestreams, and maybe sign up for Twitch TV ahead of time so they can join in. :)

[EDIT] So you don't have to look for it, here is the PerfectWorld_Community channel on Twitch TV.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited December 2014
    Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk in just 40 minutes at 6PM PDT on http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community for the Winter Wonderland Preview Livestream & a tour of the new T6 Breen Sarr Theln Carrier! Join us for fun & prizes with our gracious host Q!
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Livestream worked, chat didn't. No prizes for me.

That's pretty par for the course, mind you.

Also, to avoid complaints, stop scheduling event ends on maintenance days. Seriously.
  • spiderw1spiderw1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Was wondering when the people that won zen in the live stream were supposed to get it. I haven't yet and won on the last drawing. twitch name Spyderw1.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Was wondering when the people that won zen in the live stream were supposed to get it. I haven't yet and won on the last drawing. twitch name Spyderw1."

I have not received mine, DijonCyanide, either via the messaging of Twitch, but I know they stated it would probably be today (Thurs) so I am giving it till tomorrow (Fri) till I begin inquiring.

You & I Spyderw1 were both in that last group of winners so here is to hoping that they were still jotting down notes.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of Q's Winter Wonderland Event.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2014
    cem3212 wrote: »
    "Was wondering when the people that won zen in the live stream were supposed to get it. I haven't yet and won on the last drawing. twitch name Spyderw1."

I have not received mine, DijonCyanide, either via the messaging of Twitch, but I know they stated it would probably be today (Thurs) so I am giving it till tomorrow (Fri) till I begin inquiring.

You & I Spyderw1 were both in that last group of winners so here is to hoping that they were still jotting down notes.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of Q's Winter Wonderland Event.

Smirk and Trendy are probably running up and down in the PW office getting everything settled for the weekend...

Smirk said it was supposed to be yesterday (thursday) its now Friday, I've haven't gotten mine either...

Just give'em time to catch up...
  • warlicker84warlicker84 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm still waiting for my code

Twitch username: Talon84
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just wanted to confirm that earlier today, Sat., I was goofing around & checked my Twitch account & indeed I had a PWE-STO message pertaining to the livestream so ALL SEEMS WELL.

Thanks to all those involved with making the livestream happen, this was my first ever winning of something STO that wasn't a "blanket code". Also, whatever email account you have linked to your Twitch account should send an email notification too ... at least mine had. So to any other winners congratulations & commence with the Zen.

Now to figure out why after I have the Breen Chel Grett it acts like it still wants me to spend another 1000 Q pics for my other toons???
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My first time viewing and winning! Had to check my "Other" box on Twitch to find it.

At about the 36 min mark. Smirk calls the internet handle I've used on various forums since 1999, Hobbitjedi, a genre abomination. Inspired in part by the glowing "Sting" in the old Rankin/Bass Tolkien movies. Also, John Howe's "Sam and Shelob" painting - http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/gallery/details.php?image_id=1467 Shown on screen somewhat when Yoda fought in Episode II-III.

May the force be with the hair on your toes so that it never falls out.