test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Wonderland Livestream, Wednesday 12/03 at 6PM PDT

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Missed the show today? Well you can catch the video recorded version here anytime! Click on this link to find out what you missed in today's Winter Wonderland Livestream!

Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk this Wednesday, December 3rd at 6PM PDT (click here for your local timezone) for our next Star Trek Online Livestream Broadcast of a special private tour of the Winter Wonderland. Come marvel at the beauty that is Q's latest gift to mankind, and the whimsy that he has created for you all. New fashion items, new cold based technology, ice weapons... and of course, all the Gingerbread men you can eat! (Please refrain from eating the Gingerbread colonists)

Link to our Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community

This year is already shaping up to be a special treat for everyone who joins Q and his Winter Minions, and we cannot wait to share it with you.

We will be streaming at a special time, live this Wednesday evening directly from Winter Wonderland, so get your winter gear ready, get on your Frosted Boots and Winter Jackets and meet us in Twitch chat for the show!

Our crew will be ready to ice skate for your pleasure, and to answer questions and give out prizes through our TwitchTV Raffle.

*To be eligible to win, you only need to be logged in to Twitch and chat the keyword that we'll ask players to post (in addition to us saying it verbally, we'll post it in chat so you can copy and paste it) right before each giveaway.

We cannot wait to see everyone enjoying the upcoming Winter Event and all the fun new merry-meant that Q has to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you in-game!

Blog Details here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9007913-livestream-of-q%27s-winter-wonderland!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Latest event I have ever seen. At least I will not miss it.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Watching someone playing this event not my idea of fun so will give this a miss
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well since the stream is on Wednesday Dec 3rd and the event starts Thursday Dec 4th, I might as well watch here. hopefully video will actually want to work this time...
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is everyone going to get a free snow gun for attending the Livestream?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Icicle Sniper shot rifle please ;) And make it useable in ground STF's (totally by accident, of course).
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will there be something for all of those who tune in or just those who spam chat and are lucky?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Icicle Sniper shot rifle please ;) And make it useable in ground STF's (totally by accident, of course).

Lovely signature lol...

I'll be honest though I am pretty sure last year is the last year for me playing their holiday event. The poor development of the KDF and now pretty much the entire game for an "expansion" is just a skill point grind and nothing more. So unless that changes any time soon you can expect to not see those of us who used to be loyal players/customers is going to be a sad holiday indeed for them.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will there be something for all of those who tune in or just those who spam chat and are lucky?

Probably the latter. Remember the RMC account-wide... um, let me check... erm, single unlock... thing? That was a nice thought, but also disappointing at the same time; it's probably better to make a few folks really happy than a bunch of folks "WTF!?! Oh... meh" at best.

Not that it wouldn't be great if they did it properly, but the last one was not done properly... raffles are easier to get right, and if it screws up you only have to get permission to make it right for one player.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    erebozz86erebozz86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah - great to see you guys have finally found a time where virtually NO European player will be online - 6 pm PDT = 3 am CET on a Wednesday/Thursday.
    Why not schedule the next server maintenance to that time as well?
  • Options
    farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    erebozz86 wrote: »
    Yeah - great to see you guys have finally found a time where virtually NO European player will be online - 6 pm PDT = 3 am CET on a Wednesday/Thursday.
    Why not schedule the next server maintenance to that time as well?

Yes, that is 2 in the morning/night in the middle of the week here in the UK. Will there be another stream or have you just forgotten about us?
  • Options
    azurerail1azurerail1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was stoked when i saw that a Livestream is going to be at a good time for those of us in Australia,China,Japan and many other country's that miss out on the Live streams and be in the running for cool Prizes.

I read the comments here, and are what i think im getting a hint of?, that this livestream is going to be live with just the Devs playing and none of that usual fun where everyone logs in game and celebrate milestones or events "With the Devs"?
  • Options
    perjiperji Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Event Time in San Francisco, CA, U.S.A.
    18:00 PST Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Converted Time
    04:00 EET Thursday, 4 December 2014

ahahahah
    europe gets shafted once again. stronk community events, no participation for us.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, that is 2 in the morning/night in the middle of the week here in the UK. Will there be another stream or have you just forgotten about us?

I hope there will be a timeslot for the european customers too. Maybe for the german customers a lifestream with our german CM?

It became very quit in the german community from Cryptic/PWE site. No information about the weekend sales for example. I hope we get the blog entry today about the winter event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope there will be a timeslot for the european customers too. Maybe for the german customers a lifestream with our german CM?

It became very quit in the german community from Cryptic/PWE site. No information about the weekend sales for example. I hope we get the blog entry today about the winter event.

Yeah cuz Europe is made up of Germany only right? And EVERYONE speaks the language right?
    I was taught that bloody thing for 6 years in school as a mandatory 4th language, but you know what I remember of it? A few words and nothing else, not to mention not understanding a damn thing of it when they start speaking in turbo speed like usually they do, then it's impossible to understand them.
    So no thanks to german livestreams, let them air in Germany, but the rest of us Europeans want it in English, which at least we can understand.
    It would be nice for them to set up a cm in the UK too and then they could make English livestreams for us and keep the US lviestreams whenever the hell they want to as I can almost guarantee that most europeans wouldn't even touch US livestreams if there was an EU English one, but I guess that's their issue too, cuz then they won't be able to get their 2-3k viewers on the US livestreams and the one coming up is just gonna show them how much they need us.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk this Wednesday, December 3rd at 6PM PDT (click here for your local timezone) for our next Star Trek Online Livestream Broadcast of a special private tour of the Winter Wonderland. Come marvel at the beauty that is Q's latest gift to mankind, and the whimsy that he has created for you all. New fashion items, new cold based technology, ice weapons... and of course, all the Gingerbread men you can eat! (Please refrain from eating the Gingerbread colonists)

This year is already shaping up to be a special treat for everyone who joins Q and his Winter Minions, and we cannot wait to share it with you.

We will be streaming at a special time, live this Wednesday evening directly from Winter Wonderland, so get your winter gear ready, get on your Frosted Boots and Winter Jackets and meet us in Twitch chat for the show!

Our crew will be ready to ice skate for your pleasure, and to answer questions and give out prizes through our TwitchTV Raffle.

*To be eligible to win, you only need to be logged in to Twitch and chat the keyword that we'll ask players to post (in addition to us saying it verbally, we'll post it in chat so you can copy and paste it) right before each giveaway.

We cannot wait to see everyone enjoying the upcoming Winter Event and all the fun new merry-meant that Q has to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you in-game!

Blog Details here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9007913-livestream-of-q%27s-winter-wonderland!

~CaptainSmirk

now thats something i dont like to see, 2am in the morning for the livesteam, you may as well call it an AMERICAN ONLY live stream. disgusting.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah....the time....there has to be a good reason why they picked that time. They are simply cutting out a large portion of the player base and potential audience.

I like watching these streams sometimes....but 2am? You could have picked a better time. :/
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Yeah cuz Europe is made up of Germany only right? And EVERYONE speaks the language right?

This was a misunderstanding. ;)

I don't mean to have a german only stream for european customers.

I mean, that while the german community have a CM, it would be a good idea to have an extra german livestream with the german CM for the german speaking community, beneath a english stream on a better timeslot for the english speaking community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay, as another European player.

I can understand that you slot this livestream at a time where most Americans will be done working and getting home. You want them to be able to watch.

However, we have seen double livestreams in the past. How about you also slot a livestream at 11am PDT? Unless I did the math wrong, that should lead to livestream times: 7pm GMT, 8pm ECT, 9pm EET. And remember that that also covers not only Europeans, but players from Africa as well.

Would not be too hard I can imagine?
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That is so late .. Dang it!!!!! Coming from Europe that is midnight for me + in the middle of the week. I do wish you guys would consider doing another live events at another time maybe 2-3 hours earlier.
  • Options
    britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh Gods! Snow-Borg?

I actually fell off my command chair laughing and now my crew are looking at me askance, but I dare not show them the message or we'll never get any work done around here. The Talaxians were a bad enough distraction from real work as it is and the Y'Kun III needs a major service after that last fight with the Borg...

Ah, but this sounds so... cool. I will certainly have to arrange some shore leave for the crew. So glad I didn't go to Risa after all (too hot for one thing) and I can use my leave now!

Now, what did I do with that recipe for [Warnog]?

*Engineer Koruk, you have the Bridge; I'll be in the mess. Don't foul things up while I'm gone.*
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Going to have to skip this one. It's too late for me. :(
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    revor86revor86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wont be rude to your players this time will ya or bring a dev that is rude?
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    revor86 wrote: »
    Wont be rude to your players this time will ya or bring a dev that is rude?
    They hired Q as a dev. Doesn't get much ruder than an omnipotent holest of all asses.

But hey, it's dead-on to his character! =p
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2014

blanket codes never worked and due to everyone posting them on facebook and twitter they have decided tom withdraw them for te foreseeable future so spammers will ony stand a chance
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Since this is a day early than the 12/4 release... Is is safe to ASSUME this will be on TRIBBLE???
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Go on do it, second timeslot for us European, African, Middle Eastern, Asian and other players. It's a bit of a gip otherwise.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    Since this is a day early than the 12/4 release... Is is safe to ASSUME this will be on TRIBBLE???

I have to admit, that's pretty vague.
    Is it a mistake in the date? A livestream with only him playing? A livestream on Tribble? A bug in the Iconian matrix?

We need to know before it's too late! *panic*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is santa attire mandatory for the event? It damn well better be! :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!