Install Arc
Options

Grinders I have some suggestions.

jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
DC Universe Online
WOW
Star Wars
and many more!

Grinders you should check these games out! I think its time for you to go. This is a get out thread! Look your unhappy! Who wants to grind!!! Its time maybe for you all to leave. Enjoy life!

Leave this game for the people that play because they enjoy playing. People that don't see STF's as a grind. But as fun! People that enjoy collecting marks to get great gear! Just people that enjoy playing:)

Do What Tasha did and wave & don't let the the Cargo bay door hit your butt on the way out:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6B0Ry3xVA
Post edited by jtmarsh on

Comments

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So your solution to dead queues and empty maps is..... Get rid of more players.

I like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    who p00ped on the floor? :eek:
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    who p00ped on the floor? :eek:

Sorry, I forgot to open the door for the dog. My fault.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    Sorry, I forgot to open the door for the dog. My fault.

hehehe, *gives your dog a metal*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hehehe, *gives your dog a metal*

*attaches medal to collar*
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    pherraspherras Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think you have your terms mixed up, if your a "grinder" then that means you LIKE grinding so why would you want them to leave?(why would you want anyone to leave for that matter).

The word your looking for is whiners , qq'rs and complainers. Really an original thread there op.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How do you know what people are playing / not playing anyway ... are you psychic ?
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With people like you around OP, why would I ever consider leaving? :D

*grabs popcorn*
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    How do you know what people are playing / not playing anyway ... are you psychic ?

it's The Collective siphoning off players, nothing to see here folks! lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pretty weak troll, 1/10 I'd say. And that's me being generous. Back under the bridge now.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    DC Universe Online
    WOW
    Star Wars
    and many more!

Grinders you should check these games out! I think its time for you to go. This is a get out thread! Look your unhappy! Who wants to grind!!! Its time maybe for you all to leave. Enjoy life!

Leave this game for the people that play because they enjoy playing. People that don't see STF's as a grind. But as fun! People that enjoy collecting marks to get great gear! Just people that enjoy playing:)

Do What Tasha did and wave & don't let the the Cargo bay door hit your butt on the way out:)

you must be the new cryptic head honcho around here?
    When did PWE get rid D'Angelico?

Good luck in upsetting the player base again, especially those who are the grinders and enjoy it :p

This thread is 17x to pointless please nerf.
  • Options
    noucantcmenoucantcme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder OP, what Star Wars are you referring to? The only one I know of is SWTOR, which I play, and of my 7 characters I have created in the past year. . .exactly zero have even made it to original level cap. In here, I started later, and yes I only have 3 characters, but all of them are at the original level cap, if not outfitted with anything better than MK XI greens.
  • Options
    gameleechgameleech Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP has hurt my feelings!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh come on, OP! If you're going to troll, DO IT RIGHT!

You didn't even have conviction in it!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    in a way I can see where you are coming from as I don't find anything in the game a grind either, telling people to leave if they do find it a grind however is not necessarily the answer.

of all things to find a grind the winter and summer events I would think are the least grindie of all, I can imagine some people find something a grind if it lasts for years but how can you find it a grind if it only lasts for one month??.
    it comes to my conclusion that any content that must be repeated more then once or twice is labelled a grind.

I really don't know what the answer is, they can only make so much content so to me it stands to reason that for some rewards some content will have to be repeated over and over to get it.

with the summer and winter events maybe it is because you have a limited time to do this or with some things maybe if people have too many characters maybe the goal for the reward seems too excessive or maybe some people are of a thought that if there is something to be had they just cant wait to get their hands on it.

with some games that give a seasonal gift there is no content you have to play for it, you might just have to sign in to get it but it is often hardly worth having, I prefer to do a daily event and get a much better reward as a result so I don't find it a grind.
    and for some rewards that have no time limit like specializations or reputation I am in no rush to get the rewards so I can play the content as and when I choose so I don't find this a grind either.

maybe its just how some people think things should be and anything that is not becomes a grind for them, I really don't know what the answer is and I don't think anybody does but if somebody could find the key they would be able to make one heck of a game from it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't feed the troll. :)

But i have to say, that STO is more about grind as SWTOR or other games. STO becomes more and more an asia grinder with every episode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You get a fortune cookie!
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    why do people TRIBBLE on the floor and expect a mod to have to go out of their way to clean it up? :confused:
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why do people TRIBBLE on the floor and expect a mod to have to go out of their way to clean it up? :confused:

Its a dirty job...but someone hast to do it .... ;)
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    DC Universe Online
    WOW
    Star Wars
    and many more!

sure, let more people go as we need that.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/9900#1m
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nesomumi2 wrote: »
    sure, let more people go as we need that.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/9900#1m
    Why should we go on some 3rd-party ratings system that may or may not reflect the actual game's population? Steam users are only a fraction of STO users, in any case.
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014

My guess is he/she is seeing the same thing in-game as everyone else...hardly anyone is around compared to pre-DR. Being in a crowded resturant is most assuredly subjective but we can all get a feel for something that went from feeling crowded to feeling empty.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My guess is he/she is seeing the same thing in-game as everyone else...hardly anyone is around compared to pre-DR. Being in a crowded resturant is most assuredly subjective but we can all get a feel for something that went from feeling crowded to feeling empty.

That was not his point, though ... he thinks everyone is still playing STO, and we should move on or something ... cause in his reality we haven't already ... and some evil Troll is forcing everyone going to the Forums to play the game, as well
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    gameleechgameleech Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Steamcharts is the only tool we have to go by. Sure it is based on a small sample, but Steam players are really no different than other gamers and just like nielsen ratings or any electoral votes, we have to make do. Needless to say, it does not matter to me what the overall population is as long as the queues are healthy. They make up 95% of the content for my STO gaming. I could care less about doing patrols ad nauseum or sitting around in space wondering what to do.

The dissenting voice isnt just about patrol xp, it covers a large spectrum of issues. It is painfully obvious at this point, there will be no return to the 'good ole days'. So it is more watching the railroad cars crash into each other 1 by 1 in a very long train wreck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Next time, recommend that Star Wars MMO while it's class story levelling event is still running, e.g. while you get to see the good stuff without the fillers and repeats.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm very curious to know what color the sky is in the OP's world. Pre-DR upon reaching level 50 all that was left was grind. Grind reps, grind stf's, grind the grind. Create a new character of a different "class" to do the grind in a different flavor. Post-DR all those 50's are met with grind to 60, then grind for that final spec point in the tree, all the while grinding the patrols, missions, and stf's (maybe). Grinding the already ground grind with more grind, and replacing the bad keyboard due to spacebar wear and then continuing the grind.

Seriously OP, no one can truly be so foolish that they can't see what this "software" has become...well, except Geko and D'angelo.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    So your solution to dead queues and empty maps is..... Get rid of more players.

I like it.

Exactly what I was thinking. What's funny is this person thinks that he's not grinding by playing this game. OP, You're grinding but you've deluded yourself from seeing just how much of a grind is there and just how much they've removed that made this game good. (explores anyone?)

Hello, wakeup you're asleep if you think you're not grinding by playing enjoyment or not, and what's worse is your adding to the stack of poor souls that are contributing to the slow takeover of the western mmo's by eastern billing practices which are destroying mmos as we know it, not just this title. /doublepicardfacepalm