Options

Grinders I have some suggestions.

2»

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP... I think you need a lollipop
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Exactly what I was thinking. What's funny is this person thinks that he's not grinding by playing this game. OP, You're grinding but you've deluded yourself from seeing just how much of a grind is there and just how much they've removed that made this game good. (explores anyone?)

Hello, wakeup you're asleep if you think you're not grinding by playing enjoyment or not, and what's worse is your adding to the stack of poor souls that are contributing to the slow takeover of the western mmo's by eastern billing practices which are destroying mmos as we know it, not just this title. /doublepicardfacepalm

ya the OP should compare the kill and XP totals of those games to this one and see what a grind is lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    semantics.

he calls it doing stfs for fun.
    someone else calls it a grind.

both are doing the same content over and over and over and over.

hey cryptic! this is me typing because I have 120 seconds to go before I can post. Wow what a useful feature that is. Can I post now? Nope, not yet. How about now? No, still no good. Now? Nope. Now? nope.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    ya the OP should compare the kill and XP totals of those games to this one and see what a grind is lol

way to miss the point there. The leveling isn't the only grind in this game, there are alternative ways to level in the other games that I mentioned AND the rewards systems are grindy eastern ripoffs in those other titles.

The grind can also be about progression outside of leveling, and this game has had plenty of grind it's getting worse and worse every year sadly. Laugh all you want, those other games must be doing something right considering they are being ridiculed by the 1% and still going strong.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    way to miss the point there. The leveling isn't the only grind in this game, there are alternative ways to level in the other games that I mentioned AND the rewards systems are grindy eastern ripoffs in those other titles.

The grind can also be about progression outside of leveling, and this game has had plenty of grind it's getting worse and worse every year sadly. Laugh all you want, those other games must be doing something right considering they are being ridiculed by the 1% and still going strong.
    There used to be people that said: "Startrek Online has no endgame". "There is nothing to do when you're at Level 50".

Did anyone think that Cryptic would create a brilliant new content generation system that no other MMO had and would churn out new missions on a weekly or monthly basis?*

Of course they'd do what every other MMO does. Stuff to grind. Queued Missions. There is now a lot to do after Level 50 (respectively Level 60).

Until we have computers that can create a completely new Sherlock Holmes Story by just getting told to make a new one (and accidentally maybe create an AI that can figure out it's just an NPC), that is all you gonna get. Pick a different MMO, when you reach endgame and want to keep playing it, you'll face that "grind".

*) Actually, they kinda did. But people seem to hate the Foundry as a source of new content. It doesn't count because players are doing it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *) Actually, they kinda did. But people seem to hate the Foundry as a source of new content. It doesn't count because players are doing it.

I don't think the foundry counts as an actual "tool"... More like a clumsy puzzle that eventually, if you're lucky, makes what you intended to make.

That said, People mostly avoid foundry because of the risk of running into a mission that takes extremely long time, yet grants no significant rewards.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    That said, People mostly avoid foundry because of the risk of running into a mission that takes extremely long time, yet grants no significant rewards.
    I hate that mentality about myself, too. :(
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.