test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Wonderland

captainskybladecaptainskyblade Member Posts: 57 Arc User
I wonder What they are going to add/improve this year at Winter Wonder. I hope they add something like a sled race or a ski hill or something that q will turn you into an epohh for an event call it Life of an epoah. Mabey they will add something that is like team pvp exept it is a battle where 1 team are evil snowmen and the other are regular players with there snow wepeons. Or they might add an event that is actually a snowball fight between players where they do not use there guns but those hand held snowballs. They might also add an ice scating race where you use frosted boots to race. What do you guys think or suggest they may add.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i have hurt many people and i am deeply sorry but i hope i you will forgive me and i will try to make it better i am sorry.
Post edited by captainskyblade on

Comments

• Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder What they are going to add/improve this year at Winter Wonder. I hope they add something like a sled race or a ski hill or something that q will turn you into an epohh for an event call it Life of an epoah. Mabey they will add something that is like team pvp exept it is a battle where 1 team are evil snowmen and the other are regular players with there snow wepeons. Or they might add an event that is actually a snowball fight between players where they do not use there guns but those hand held snowballs. They might also add an ice scating race where you use frosted boots to race. What do you guys think or suggest they may add.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/b4bwcl.jpg
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2014
    "EH-poes! EH-poes! Get your EH-poes here!"

(flinches and hides)
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What do you guys think or suggest they may add.

they will add the winter event 2013 + a new ship, nothing more
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    New stuff... let's see...

Blue, Orange and Yellow Jackets.

Breen Carrier [T6]

An Undine giving you some sneaky fluidic space 100% XP boost for those struggling to hit 60.

and...

A scarf.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    they will add the winter event 2013 + a new ship, nothing more

Not true. 2012, the first winter wonderland I played, they added the animated snowman attacks and the epohh pvp race, and made it so that your grand prize for the event was a Breen Chel Grett Warship.

In 2013, they added more snowball weapons, a pie eating contest and the Gingerbread version of the colony invasion queue. They also let us grab the Chel Grett along side the Plesh Brek Heavy Raider for those of us who didn't get it the first time on our other characters.

To be honest, I don't know what new event will be launched this year, but we know that they are applying the account wide discount to the previous 2 ships, which means that the ships will be available for obtaining once more, in addition to the newest ship.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -A new ship. The Breen carrier would seem logical I guess.
    -Some new snow guns that make the old ones obsolete again.
    -New color versions of the nanopulse weapons. I'm guessing orange with DR.
    -Some clothes (or recolors of the old ones). They will probably be ruined by making them map-locked. :mad:

-Maybe a new mission or activity of some kind. Could be anything.

Probably some other stuff, but those are the easiest to guess.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -Some new snow guns that make the old ones obsolete again.

nope, you will be able to upgrade the old guns, for a huge amount of dil :P
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The second set of snow guns had a shorter range than the first, so I wouldn't say they made them obsolete. Sure, Snowblower has absurd DPS in an AoE at short range, but it's only good up close.

I'm hoping for a sniper rifle. We have Full auto, blast assault, dual pistols, a flamethrower variant, and a shotgun/grenade launcher. Also there was that snow mortar device that was kinda like an eng kit, but not really. Maybe new pseudo kits? I mentioned a hot-chocolate dispenser(healing device) a while ago. Maybe giant snowball grenades?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    -The snowball guns are already Gold quality, so upgrading is pointless.
    -Locking winter jackets to a map that only exists for a little over a month all year makes no sense, especially when the older jackets are open use everywhere.

-New Nanopulse weapons. Predicted color: Orange. Would like a shot at blue since I JUST missed those by a few days, but not likely to happen.
    -Possibly some new snow guns. Prediction: Sniper Rifle, Compression Pistol, Gumdrop Minigun.
    -New Winter Jacket colors.
    -Sarr Theln Carrier [T6]
    -Whatever new stuff that Cryptic comes up with.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nope, you will be able to upgrade the old guns, for a huge amount of dil :P

The snow guns are gold level now, aren't they?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    -The snowball guns are already Gold quality, so upgrading is pointless.
    -Locking winter jackets to a map that only exists for a little over a month all year makes no sense, especially when the older jackets are open use everywhere.

-New Nanopulse weapons. Predicted color: Orange. Would like a shot at blue since I JUST missed those by a few days, but not likely to happen.
    -Possibly some new snow guns. Prediction: Sniper Rifle, Compression Pistol, Gumdrop Minigun.
    -New Winter Jacket colors.
    -Sarr Theln Carrier [T6]
    -Whatever new stuff that Cryptic comes up with.
    I figure there will be some new use for snow guns, they've added one each year. Originally all you could do with snowballs was throwing them at other players. then they added the Snowman Overlord, then the next year the gingerbread village. What's next? I'm very curious to know.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder What they are going to add/improve this year at Winter Wonder.
    Well, the Epoh Girl & the Winter Wonderland Chef were great and turned out to be fan favorites. But this year, Q hired a real star for us!

Behold: The EOH!
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Undine shapeshift into evil, evil snow angels and we get uber plasma cannons to melt them!
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hope that they bring back the two ships from last year. I missed out on the cruiser because they didn't have the discount back then. I know it isn't as good as the T6 cruisers, but I just want it for collecting. Plus I have new characters, and would like the Breen Raider on them for collecting also.

The new T6 carrier might be good. I just hope that if that is what the ship is, it will have pets with the hull strength from before the last Nerf to them. That will be a good incentive to try for it, if not for collections sake.

I do hope that they start Monday giving all info on what will be available, and not wait till after the event is live before telling us what we can already see in the event. Lol. It is funny when they do that.

I have been looking forward to this event the whole year, and can't wait to play in the winter wonderland. It was fun last year, and will be just as good this year too.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    I have been looking forward to this event the whole year, and can't wait to play in the winter wonderland. It was fun last year, and will be just as good this year too.

As have I. IMO, the Winter Wonderland is the most FUN part of STO there is.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    New stuff... let's see...

Blue, Orange and Yellow Jackets.

Breen Carrier [T6]

An Undine giving you some sneaky fluidic space 100% XP boost for those struggling to hit 60.

and...

A scarf.

I've been waiting for a yellow jacket for years now. I am so there if they release one!
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not true. 2012, the first winter wonderland I played, they added the animated snowman attacks and the epohh pvp race, and made it so that your grand prize for the event was a Breen Chel Grett Warship.

In 2013, they added more snowball weapons, a pie eating contest and the Gingerbread version of the colony invasion queue. They also let us grab the Chel Grett along side the Plesh Brek Heavy Raider for those of us who didn't get it the first time on our other characters.

To be honest, I don't know what new event will be launched this year, but we know that they are applying the account wide discount to the previous 2 ships, which means that the ships will be available for obtaining once more, in addition to the newest ship.

quite correct and in the summer event this year they added the powerboard race and updated the map with the shopping promenade.
    it will be great if they add extra stuff but even if the event is the same as last year the new ship alone will make it worth its weight in zen.
    i will see you all there.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd be happy if we could freeze Epohh Girl with a special weapon just for that. Epohh Girl, ugh, she's an ice pick for the senses < twitches >
  • Options
    thomasp94232thomasp94232 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yay. Another year of getting screwed on the epohh race because the devs are too lazy to come up with a proper placing/reward system.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... slid past it again... last place racer takes first.

I've been here since beta
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yay. Another year of getting screwed on the epohh race because the devs are too lazy to come up with a proper placing/reward system.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... slid past it again... last place racer takes first.

I don't even bother trying to do good in that, I just do it several times instead. (I don't even bother running.) However, the horrible, horrible race placing system is definitely a bother.

The race against the NPC however, is so laughably easy that the only people that can't do it are the ones that don't understand that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. :rolleyes:
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From REDDIT :
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/fc/b1/fcb154888cade7e8f7d7853d11a572821417148081.png
    Taco wrote:
    The map layout has changed a little, but not a ton. Mostly new proppage, and a bit of expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder What they are going to add/improve this year at Winter Wonder.

I don't know what they're adding or improving , but I'm pretty sure that for the first week you won't be able to get Delta Marks for anything because they forgot to add them . :)
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    IMO, the Winter Wonderland is the most FUN part of STO there is.
    I dont look forward to the grindy aspect of it (which is in all fairness more bearable then in other parts of the game), but i do look forward to the whole event & experience. Because you just said it: IT IS FUN!

In retrospective, the most fun i had this year in STO was during new Cryptic Story & Player Foundry Missions, the Winter & Summer Event, and celebrations like the STO anniversary & the recent re-opening of Club 47. Basically events with less artificial psychological pressure and more fun.

And canon things like the "Intrepid Interior" add A LOT to a fun Trekkie experience for me.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

Nice! Are there any more?

Map expansion for downhill skiing?? Well, I can hope and dream...
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

Wait, wait, wait? They're changing my beloved winter wonderland?! NOOOO! DOOM!

Err, sorry. But let's just say i'm very nervous now. I hope they didn't TRIBBLE up something that worked fine before. (The only thing thing I wouldn't mind them TRIBBLE up would be the voice over volume and repeating cycles, those sure weren't 'working fine' before. Looking at you, chef!)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Taco mentioned on the reddit that they have not only upgraded the whole look, they have also " expanded " the whole place, made it bigger an rejigged it.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    WW is really a nice way to work your way through the holidays. The in-game grind for the ship is worth doing, and I still believe the Chel Gret is the best free ship in the game. The Sar Thein looks interesting.

Which is why I predict the following: While the discounts will remain for the old ships, a new currency will be revealed for the new Carrier. The old currency - '8x10 Glossy's for Q will still work on the old ships, but the new one will be something new - and much harder to obtain.

'Cause it wouldn't be Christmas without the Cryptic Grinch.