What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Club 47 Livestream! Free TacoFangs!

Comments

• Options
    ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Epic Tacofang Doff: When player ground health is below 50% there is a 35% change of tacofangs beaming in. Upon beamin he will dance the shuffle while flinging habenero infused tacos at the enemy causing 500% reduced perception, while granting stealth and damage immunity to player for 3 seconds. May only occur once every 10 minutes. :P

But in all seriousness awesome job on the club everyone.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Okay. Do this. Go to club, play Missy Elliott's Lose Control. Do the new Shuffle Dance in the middle of the dance floor. You're welcome.

I'm Tacofangs, and I approve of this message.

Something I noticed when looking at Earth though, Taco, is the reflection map on the glass looks a bit strange. At first I thought it was showing the main concourse, now I think it may just be upside down.

We use Cubemap reflections, which are inherently always slightly off. It should not be reflecting the Concourse though, I shot a new Cubemap for the club, and it should be showing that.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Club looks awesome! Love how there's sections for a variety of hanging out. The NPCs and their interactions are a nice touch too. Any chance that we might see some more cameos from some of the NPCs we've run into throughout the game?

Btw, a bit off topic, but I happened to swing down to floor 83 on ESD, just to look around and noticed the...clever labeling on the panels. Funny stuff. I love catching little easter eggs like that.

Keep up the great work Taco and company!
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hopefully this emergency maintenance doesn't mess up the livestream. I'm still planning to be there.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We use Cubemap reflections, which are inherently always slightly off. It should not be reflecting the Concourse though, I shot a new Cubemap for the club, and it should be showing that.

Yeah my first thought was concourse but after looking at it more closely it just looks to be upside down haha. It's most notable with the wood and white panelling from the chairs around the sides of the room. It may just be a limitation of the system, but I thought I'd mention it in case it was actually upside down. I guess it's hard getting an accurate looking reflection on a curved surface like that window though.

I still like it none the less. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Intend on having the servers live before the live stream?
  • Options
    serov141serov141 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tacofangs, is the CO Halloween bad guy named after you?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    serov141 wrote: »
    Tacofangs, is the CO Halloween bad guy named after you?

Vice versa.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    yaveryyavery Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Club looks awesome! Love how there's sections for a variety of hanging out. The NPCs and their interactions are a nice touch too. Any chance that we might see some more cameos from some of the NPCs we've run into throughout the game?

Btw, a bit off topic, but I happened to swing down to floor 83 on ESD, just to look around and noticed the...clever labeling on the panels. Funny stuff. I love catching little easter eggs like that.

Keep up the great work Taco and company!

I love the mezzanine and what they have done with deck 83! Such very cool spaces!
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk & Nick TacoFangs Duguid today at 12:30 PM PST (in just one hour) on http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community for the Club 47 Livestream & a tour of the new Intrepid interiors! Join us for fun & prizes with our special guest Dev!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Finally CS you see you can promote your items and features using a YT video on your blog this gives players an idea of what your talking about. Seeing is believing!

Yeah adding the video was fun!

I want to do so now for all things....
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    So... You were the only CM NOT giving their community vital information regarding today's server downtime.

Since you are still alive and well, I would like to hear an explanation for that.

You guys really need to get a grip with this. All you needed to know was on the launcher this morning... it was emergency maintenance, meaning unplanned.

I don't expect my CM to work 24/7 when there is nothing to really say except the server is down from x to x time. The reasons of why or what they are doing is irrelevant. The notice told you it was emergency account maintenance and the time the server would be offline. There isn't anything else to say.

Smirk apologized on another thread already even though in my opinion he didn't need to. It wasn't necessary for him to apologize for not making a thread post with nothing else to say than what the launcher already told me.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    See you all on www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community in just 30 minutes for our Livestream with TacoFangs! Club 47 & the Intrepid Interior!
  • Options
    anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It took me a while to log in, now I can't see video

Edit: ahh probably missed it
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Fun stream guys. Thanks for showing up Taco!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How long after livestream ends do you normally get your prize notification on Twitch? I was one of the winners in the last batch before the stream ended.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    echatty wrote: »
    How long after livestream ends do you normally get your prize notification on Twitch? I was one of the winners in the last batch before the stream ended.

We send those out after we wrap up our post show work, and that can vary sometimes depending on how much highlighting we have to do.

They are all sent our though, check your Twitch inbox for your message and enjoy the ZEN :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Missed the show today?

Well you can catch the video recorded version here anytime! Click on this link to find out what you missed in today's Livestream with Smirk & Taco!

Just make sure you are ready for Club 47 and the tour of the Intrepid interior, and thanks to everyone who came to the show today to support the CMs and the Devs, you guys were great dancers!

Big congrats to everyone who won ZEN today!

Special thank you to Tacofangs himself for joining us! We can't wait to have you on again for more fun and laughs!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think you should have Taco on often, the three of you did a great show and at times was laugh out loud funny. :D

Anyway thanks once again and look forward to the next one.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    arilouskiffarilouskiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wait... Is that Desperate Guy and Turndown Girl?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I wish I could have seen it from the beginning, but circumstances put me on about halfway through. (Someone has to pick the grandkids up from school)

And I got the zen, thanks Smirk. I agree with mjarba, Taco should be on more often, the three of you were great.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Taco made the show enjoyable I must say.. So upper management listen-up to the players/viewers! As we know best! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And I thought we were supposed to get the club wear for free this weekend just by visiting the club. Do we have to talk to someone or something? Or is my horrible lag/rubberbanding keeping me from getting it?

I took my Caitian into the club (after many, many, many bouncebacks all over the station and then went to the tailor (after many, many, many more bouncing around the station) and it wants to charge me 550z for club wear. and the dance emote is greyed out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You have to talk to the GPL vendor near the dance floor to claim them. The club wear is different than the formal wear, which is what the tailor is wanting to charge you for.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ah, thank you. I'll give it another try then in a bit. Maybe it will behave enough to let me get them. :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    You guys really need to get a grip with this. All you needed to know was on the launcher this morning... it was emergency maintenance, meaning unplanned.

I don't expect my CM to work 24/7 when there is nothing to really say except the server is down from x to x time. The reasons of why or what they are doing is irrelevant. The notice told you it was emergency account maintenance and the time the server would be offline. There isn't anything else to say.

Smirk apologized on another thread already even though in my opinion he didn't need to. It wasn't necessary for him to apologize for not making a thread post with nothing else to say than what the launcher already told me.

No idea where my answer to this ended up.

What I said is: Smirk apologized. I appreciate that.

But he totally needed to do so. If he does his job, great. If he doesn't, an apology is needed - which he thankfully provided.

PS: Oh look, the original post disappeared as well. Good the guy I quoted archived it.

"So... You were the only CM NOT giving their community vital information regarding today's server downtime.

Since you are still alive and well, I would like to hear an explanation for that."
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    yaveryyavery Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wait... Is that Desperate Guy and Turndown Girl?

CoH forever!
  • Options
    bigtitsmgeebigtitsmgee Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just wanted to say congrats on an amazing job with the club! Both the lighting and audio are great, and I especially love the party screams/shouts in the club :cool:

Missed the show? Well you can catch the video recorded version here anytime! Click on this link to find out what you missed in today's Livestream with Smirk & Taco!

Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk this Friday, November 21st at 12:30PM PST (click here for your local timezone) for our next Star Trek Online Livestream Broadcast featuring the grand re-opening of Club 47!

Our Special Guest Dev this week will be the one and only Nick 'TacoFangs' Duguid who has worked tirelessly to redesign Club 47 with the latest in Starfleet Recreational Technology. A New Dancefloor, Cantina and Lounge all await you, but only if you can make it past the bouncer!

We will be streaming live this Friday afternoon directly from the club, so get your best outfits ready, get that hair styled and make sure to unlock the Fan Dance Emote from the Nimbus dancefloor to show off the best moves you've got on the epic new dancefloor.

Our crew will be ready to boogie down with all who join us, and to answer questions and give out prizes through our TwitchTV Raffle.

*To be eligible to win, you only need to be logged in to Twitch and chat the keyword that we'll ask players to post (in addition to us saying it verbally, we'll post it in chat so you can copy and paste it) right before each giveaway.

We cannot wait to see everyone enjoying the redesigned Club 47. We are looking forward to this newest addition to the ESD Social Zone and hope you all make Club 47 a regular haunt with your friends & fleetmates. We are looking forward to seeing you in-game!

~CaptainSmirk

Full Blog Details Here
  • Options
    trekwar10trekwar10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    http://steam-wallet.com/index.php?id=1052509 posting this link so i can get a free code if it will work. hopefully it does