What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Club 47 Livestream! Free TacoFangs!

Comments

• Options
    haatchhaatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Couldn't the design and programming effort be put into something besides a disco club and dance floor??????
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    annalisl wrote: »
    That's what I'm saying. At least spread around who gets screwed in big reveals... The game's been out years, but all the livestreams are during when I'm working :(

No, I'm not pitching a fit, swearing that I won't play STO again. I'm too addicted and not generally given to hystrionics. Just frustrated a bit.

The thing is, all of the livestreams are done when we're working too.
    This is a job, and we don't necessarily want to run livestreams when we're already done for the day.

You're not missing any big reveal, the Club will be open to the public by that point, so you can check it out at your leisure.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is there a reason you keep mentioning having the fan emote unlocked? Is that a hint about something happening in the livestream? ;)

At any rate, I'll try to turn up if I'm around.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    grylak wrote: »
    Is there a reason you keep mentioning having the fan emote unlocked? Is that a hint about something happening in the livestream? ;)

At any rate, I'll try to turn up if I'm around.

The Fan Dance is just a lot of fun, and I've had a lot of players who have seen it contact me asking how to get it. So I am jumping in each day this week leading up to the show to get the emote unlocked across my alts and to help layers get the word out about Nimbus and it's Uhuraesque dance moves :)

Smirkette looks amazing doing this emote
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    The thing is, all of the livestreams are done when we're working too.
    This is a job, and we don't necessarily want to run livestreams when we're already done for the day.

You're not missing any big reveal, the Club will be open to the public by that point, so you can check it out at your leisure.

Taco got it spot on. We are tied to our work schedules too, and the Club will be open as of 11/20 after maintenance, so never fear if you cannot make it to the Livestream, you can still check out the club the evening before, and the FREE unlocks are all weekend long, so you will have plenty of time, and no codes will be required. Watch out for a blog with the full details tomorrow!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Taco got it spot on. We are tied to our work schedules too, and the Club will be open as of 11/20 after maintenance, so never fear if you cannot make it to the Livestream, you can still check out the club the evening before, and the FREE unlocks are all weekend long, so you will have plenty of time, and no codes will be required. Watch out for a blog with the full details tomorrow!

~CaptainSmirk

What are the 'free unlocks'? I've seen a few people mentioning things, but I haven't seen anything official. Am I blind or is it posted somewhere other than the forums?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The Fan Dance is just a lot of fun, and I've had a lot of players who have seen it contact me asking how to get it. So I am jumping in each day this week leading up to the show to get the emote unlocked across my alts and to help layers get the word out about Nimbus and it's Uhuraesque dance moves :)

Not sure why you like that emote so much, it looks specially awkward on a male toon.

I consider the advanced samba emote the best dance e-mote they've made in this game, although the emote shown with the guy dancing around like a maniac in the club 47 video looks cool.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Not sure why you like that emote so much, it looks specially awkward on a male toon.

I consider the advanced samba emote the best dance e-mote they've made in this game, although the emote shown with the guy dancing around like a maniac in the club 47 video looks cool.

Damn you lucho, you beat me to the question! :P:cool::D

Was wondering about that dance emote myself, is this something we can get Taco? Smirk? or, is it an old one that is no longer available?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm sure I read a dance emote was one of the freebie giveaways, so I'm guessing it's that move.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

Oh no! That image in my head! :eek:

Although I actually may have unlocked it on my main for the accolade. But rest assured that male Vulcan has never used the emote. But thanks, I now imagine him dancing with those palm trees. Looks like I'm gonna have a nightmarish night.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That is why Smirkette needs the Fan Dance.

She will seduce you.

The info about this new stuff hits in a blog tomorrow morning.

Here is a hint, that guy in the video is doing the new emote :)

All shall be revealed in the new blog, tomorrow morning. You can look forward to two things this weekend during the reopening event :)

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

So the Fan Dance is a lot of fun, are you kidding? is a damm emote where the player does nothing but watch, to do exploration is a lot of fun, but then again there is no exploration in game, to do pvp is a lot of fun, well not now that is dead, to do misions is a lot of fun, well not now with the grind fest, to make stf is a lot of fun, well except they are almost dead and give TRIBBLE for the effort, but at least you guys have come to give us a emote that is a lot of fun and a whole club where left our chars afk doing that lot of fun, we the comunity surely will apreciate that, keep the good work cryptic.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • Options
    rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *Sigh*

Party on ESD means the Fan-Dancing Gorn will not be able to perform. This makes me sad :(
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hope there are enough TacoFangs for everyone...or do we each get a slice of him ? Cloning perhaps ? :D
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014

She will seduce you.

The info about this new stuff hits in a blog tomorrow morning.

Here is a hint, that guy in the video is doing the new emote :)

All shall be revealed in the new blog, tomorrow morning. You can look forward to two things this weekend during the reopening event :)

~CaptainSmirk

Smirkette will seduce me? Well... I guess I'm honored.

Then again, Smirkette is blue, right? I may have a soft spot for blue aliens. Say, a certain delvian priest Zotoh Zhaan, or the Na'vi, or the Andorians, the Wraith Keeper ...

(Not that your blue writing does anything to me, though. I don't like blue in general as a color.)

EDIT: Funny, I forgot to add the Wraith Keeper. She was rather pale and probably only looked blue due to lighting, but still.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    annalislannalisl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks Cap'n, I appreciate being able to get my freebies :)

I will maintain my pout about not seeing stuff live, with the proviso that I still love the game and don't hate you guys for having a work schedule. :)
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    So ... where's my neon Tron club outfit?

Just read it in the patch notes. :D Very cool, thanks!

Just one comment: no club outfits in Quark's?
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014

She will seduce you.

:eek:

Bring it on! :o
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The "Free TacoFangs!" Is he account bound or a per character unlock? :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I hope the KDF and its Romulan Republic allies are being given special diplomatic immunity for this event.
    Shouldn't we have that anyway? The war is over.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The "Free TacoFangs!" Is he account bound or a per character unlock? :P

Click on the Reputation Tab. You will find a new Event Project called "Taco Taco, Burrito" there.

You must participate in some Real Life Outdoor Missions, to gain Nickel Dimes.

Nickel Dimes is the main currency for the "Taco Taco, Burrito" Event Project and you can find them nearly everywhere. On the street, in your sofa, or even if you manage to steal the handbag of an old lady.

Collecting 800 Nickel Dimes will reward you with a "Free Taco" Common Duty Officer.

Please keep in mind, that the Event runs only 2 days, with the RL Outdoor Missions having a 20h cooldown.

Slotting this Common Doff in any free Space Duty Officer Slot will grant you:
    Taco standing in an EV-Suit on top of the ship, waving a "Free Taco and Tibet" Flag for 98745 seconds. As soon as this effect is being triggered, you will not be able to switch to an other map or instance.

But that is still not all, Nancy. Finishing the "Taco Taco, Burrito" Event Project will unlock an unique Item in the C-Store to purchase.

For additional 4500 Zen, you will have access to the "Taco Bell - Advanced Taco Deluxe Party Plate" for 2 people.

It will be delivered within 2 work month by one of our own employes.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    You don't generally see representatives from Her Majesty's Navy strolling thru the Pentagon, and we haven't fought the brits in about 200 years...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

i think the war is on hold i think something like a cease Fire for the Klingon Empire and United Federation of Planets until their greater enemy the iconians are defeated. i'm not 100% sure
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay. Do this. Go to club, play Missy Elliott's Lose Control. Do the new Shuffle Dance in the middle of the dance floor. You're welcome.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So as a member of the KDF, how do I get to ESD to participate, or do I just have to park it until the freebies hit the GPL vendor?
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tiekosora wrote: »
    So as a member of the KDF, how do I get to ESD to participate, or do I just have to park it until the freebies hit the GPL vendor?

Found the answer to my question here for those interested.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    So, I love the new Club 47. It just looks and feels so much better than the old sorry excuse for a club. The outfits and dance animation are fun too, I actually had a good old laugh watching my Talaxian strut his stuff on the awesome new dance floor.

Something I noticed when looking at Earth though, Taco, is the reflection map on the glass looks a bit strange. At first I thought it was showing the main concourse, now I think it may just be upside down.

Oh, and that line for the bathroom is the slowest line I've ever seen. I stood there for forty minutes before having to water one of the plants. :P Nice touch.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Apparently not only is my Admiral the savior of the universe but he's an awesome dance monster too! :D

hip63 :P
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Finally CS you see you can promote your items and features using a YT video on your blog this gives players an idea of what your talking about. Seeing is believing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    whats the code?:P