test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Club 47 the negative.

biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So many threads about the positives and none of the negatives. Yeah it looks cool, but it has no content. So you walk in go "ohhh ahh amazing pretty" and leave. They give out one dance (poor females it's stomping). The outfits are iffy, though it'd be cool if you could mix some parts with other outfits, they're way too manly for females though (poor females again) and look like glowing track suits.

The club itself lacks "hang out" content for players. You can talk, dance, use subspace party amplifiers etc. That's fine and all but you can do that on ESD near utilities like the exchange where you can get stuff done. The club is a bit out of the way, though it wont be immune to my Rh'lhho face hugger bombings so I've got that goin' for me which is nice.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8x-nQ-vPw5k/0.jpg

Really though I think it needs some form of legit entertainment (minigame, be it dabo or something else).

So all in all it's a positive, new content with a lot of potential but the potential needs to be tapped, also the females in particular could use a little something more IMO and that of the females I know that play.
Post edited by bierstein on

Comments

• stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agreed...i'm not into Dabo at all, but i think a dabo table at either end of C47 would be nice additions.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I got another one for ya. They wasted time on something few players are even gonna bother going to instead of putting that time and effort into serious problems in need of fixing. I'm still losing all my boff skills in my tray when I switch between space and ground, and the balance between normal and advanced stfs is still a huge issue.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That has been mentioned and answered, Tacofangs is not a programmer, they are a designer of areas, and therefore this time was NOT wasted.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Agreed...i'm not into Dabo at all, but i think a dabo table at either end of C47 would be nice additions.

especially since there is a gpl unit there..
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only negative comment I have about Club 47 is the color scheme, or possibly a filter, reminds me too much of Champions Online -- like everything inside is vaguely rendered like a drawn comic book. Like using the Photocopy Filter in in Photoshop or GIMP, although at a fairly low percentage. Barely there, but just noticable enough.

I guess it's hard to put into words, but it was one of the things I didn't like about Champions Online.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A Dabo table wouldn't fit in a federation star base, it's all about the greed where as they are not.

I could see a " dance, dance revolution" style mini game, using wasd or arrow keys working there though and paying out Dil equal to the dil mine - based on your score, can do it 5 times daily, max 1k dil. - it wouldn't take much programming work using dil mining code as a blue print, but, at least I hope, that most of their coders are bug hunting.

However, as pointed out B4, the only work that has gone into it has been design - very little, if any programming .... it would have in fact been a waste of resources to have taco coming into work and sitting on his hands doing nothing while the programmers wrestle with the bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wildmousex wrote: »
    A Dabo table wouldn't fit in a federation star base, it's all about the greed where as they are not.

I could see a " dance, dance revolution" style mini game, using wasd or arrow keys working there though and paying out Dil equal to the dil mine - based on your score, can do it 5 times daily, max 1k dil. - it wouldn't take much programming work using dil mining code as a blue print, but, at least I hope, that most of their coders are bug hunting.

However, as pointed out B4, the only work that has gone into it has been design - very little, if any programming .... it would have in fact been a waste of resources to have taco coming into work and sitting on his hands doing nothing while the programmers wrestle with the bugs.

oh, that is bloody brilliant!
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You talking about the drilling minigame with the in/out rotation until you are on target and can gather? IMO they should come up with new minigames that doesnt lock each player into their own little window. If they are gonna do a DDR game do it like below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95ov843V4I

That way other players can gather around and watch other players doing it.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not seeing much negative? Look around. They've given us EVERYTHING to be upset about. This? This is just a minor distraction that 1% of 1% will give a care about. The only people that care are the ones that hang out in ESD all day not actually caring to play the game.

Which... ironically... works out, because the game is horribly broken right now in so many ways, it's actually better to NOT play it.

Regardless... I think it's an out of synch addition to ESD that doesn't belong, doesn't matter, and will end up ticking off more people than it pleases.

Now can we get back to them decimating mission rewards, exponentially increasing grind in all aspects of the game, removing rep content (locking it behind impossible Elite missions -- many of which still are missing), and the general disrespectful attitude that the entire path STO has taken lately has leveled upon its playerbase?

Can we get back to that, please?
  • cwrichesonzenocwrichesonzeno Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not seeing much negative? Look around. They've given us EVERYTHING to be upset about. This? This is just a minor distraction that 1% of 1% will give a care about. The only people that care are the ones that hang out in ESD all day not actually caring to play the game.

Which... ironically... works out, because the game is horribly broken right now in so many ways, it's actually better to NOT play it.

Regardless... I think it's an out of synch addition to ESD that doesn't belong, doesn't matter, and will end up ticking off more people than it pleases.

Now can we get back to them decimating mission rewards, exponentially increasing grind in all aspects of the game, removing rep content (locking it behind impossible Elite missions -- many of which still are missing), and the general disrespectful attitude that the entire path STO has taken lately has leveled upon its playerbase?

Can we get back to that, please?

This perfectly sums up everything I feel about the game right now.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had always felt the redesigned ESD looks like a giant Hotel lobby or a convention center... this Club totally fits imo

Now where's the Pool?
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, this club IS beautiful.
    Since the rest of the game is broken, I guess work is done exactly where work is needed... on ESD. No reason to leave it anyways. :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hadn't been there yet to see it in person.

However its good place to create your own fun. Its great for RPing to have fun, to gather, and allow others to "try" to mess with the RPers with their balloons and disco balls.

The old Space Dock had it, so they just took a little longer to bring it out. Now I want to see someplace special for KDF and Romulan as well. They need a place to have fun.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You talking about the drilling minigame with the in/out rotation until you are on target and can gather? IMO they should come up with new minigames that doesnt lock each player into their own little window. If they are gonna do a DDR game do it like below.

I agree on the no more small box arrow minigames, plus those take concentration and attention, so they aren't social games. Even when mining dilithium I have trouble with push to talk on voice chat.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The issues that currently exist in STO will exist until they don't. Jumping into feedback threads over completely unrelated facets of the game just to spit venom over your discontent isn't productive, helpful, or nice.

I don't believe anybody is going to be so infatuated with Club 47 that they are going to magically forget about the rest of the [sometimes] valid concerns elsewhere in the game.

So what's the rush, really? The new Club 47 is here now. It has very little wrong with it. The work put into it was from people who are not involved elsewhere in the game where there are ongoing concerns.

It isn't going to kill the game to put down your torch and pitchfork to appreciate a facet of the game which many consider to be a positive addition. If anything, do it for your blood pressure.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • anonymousplagueanonymousplague Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    oh you're all a bunch of party poopers :P:D (pun Intended mwahaha). They promised us a new Club 47 and frankly its nice to see them decide to hold something back and spend time working on it instead of rushing it. esd needed a good social place to hang out and chill after a long day of Star Trekkin Across The Universe.

and also if people are complaining about the fact that they made this instead of fixing bugs then u need to understand that there are different types of dev teams. Lilke mighty Taco here is an Enviroment designer (i think) and he designs are fixes visual things like maps etc.. and then theres another dev team that works on gameplay like bugs and that.

lets just enjoy what we got and Dont Worry Be happy!:cool:
    they will get the bugs soon.
  • mightymundanemightymundane Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In all honesty Club 47 is for the radio communities as well as RPers; Trek Radio and others do shows based ingame and stream music... We DJ for Trek fans in game and hold contests, it's all very meta which is why there's not much to do at first glance, it's a community space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    In all honesty Club 47 is for the radio communities as well as RPers; Trek Radio and others do shows based ingame and stream music... We DJ for Trek fans in game and hold contests, it's all very meta which is why there's not much to do at first glance, it's a community space.

I think the real question is would a dabo table ruin that, or just broaden the appeal? As mentioned there is even a GPL vendor there, it's not a stretch, especially for the lounge area which after going through multiple instances has had 0 humans in it. Heck it could even serve as a platform for people like you to pick up more listeners and increase the size of your community.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    To be perfectly honest, as an environmental zone the new club is spectacular.

As for it being a source of content, I'd prefer the Foundary authors to tackle it.

There is a legion of bugs and poor decisions have all but killed the social element of the game. The Queues are Empty. The number of active players has dropped.

I'd rather they focus on that.
    edited November 2014
    As a clearly social aspect of the game, the devs may want to consider a permanent "ESD Instance 47" to help people congregate with those other rpers etc. if it's a big enough hit and always full they could even do multiple.

(Also as an E-Terrorist I'd like a more centralized location for my attacks)

ESD#37
    http://i.imgur.com/A71rCCX.jpg
    ESD#12
    http://i.imgur.com/wZVND0w.jpg

and no I wont post a picture that includes my whole face before anyone asks.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've spent most of my afternoon at the Club 47, wearing my free club wear outfit and just dancing on the dance floor! Using the new free club shuffle method along with my protection gear gives me a virtual spinning light blue hula hoop!

While dancing I've notice many getting in a huff and attacking each other using shard clones, dropping grenades an etc. Doing sword fights. Most of all walking around with that grind shotgun from Mirror Invasion Event II 2014 prize. Some running their own disco ball forcing us who were dancing the club shuffle already to dance the method using that disco ball.

Everyone had their cats out too. Some guys from Section 31 playing who's the better player. But in all I had a nice time with my FED FADM with his new 5 bars pins (which needs some graphical fixes to make it from clipping off the collar.

Brought in my Rom-Fed Alliance had him run around with his Risan Green Monkey kicking up the dance floor. LOL

Now the tunes they were playing were cool enough. I would suggest they turn down the house lights a bit so our new club wear neon look would stand out in the darker room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    here is constructive criticism , why oh why do the floor federation emblems need to have the lighting set to HIGH in order to see these graphics . why would that effect a graphic on the floor , all the other lights and animations still show? i lower certain settings for better performance , certain lighting effects arent really necessary in my book in playing the game . ive never seen any graphic in the game effected by a lighting switch . , i can understand a texture setting but lighting?

But those benches are nice to sit in .
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

essentially yes but I wasn't envisioning it as a small box, but more in the way of how the whole thing works as a daily mission and dil pay outs... simplest implementation I can think of would be a daily quest requiring you to set off a disco ball (5 times)on the dance floor at C47 ( Droz, Nimbus, and Quarks dance floors could work too)... then direction ques can scroll and the better you do the longer your character will do the dance animation, and the more dil gets paid out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
    edited November 2014
    Oh and if we get a Dabo wheel in Club 47 can you please leave out the Holo Leeta? Ugh!
  • aeliah1aeliah1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Adding a dabo table to club 47 gets my vote. Also, Leeta halo should be gone or at least have dancing clothing on getting down!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bierstein wrote: »
    Yeah it looks cool, but it has no content.

Which makes it one of the best spots left in game.

Awsome job there Cryptic.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sure it looks nice but its suffering from a serious case of captains table syndrome, ok its active now because it is a novelty to have it there and they are giving out a couple of freebies but in a month or two it will be as empty as my wallet.
    without a good reason to go there for a few minutes every day whats the point of it, I have much more important things to do with my time.

put in a couple of mini games that reward a good sum of dil and choice of marks to draw in the players on a regular basis and it might be a different story.

a risa style dance compo that runs once an hour and can be played daily for 1k dil would be a good place to start.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• yaveryyavery Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    While dancing I've notice many getting in a huff and attacking each other using shard clones, dropping grenades an etc. Doing sword fights. Most of all walking around with that grind shotgun from Mirror Invasion Event II 2014 prize. Some running their own disco ball forcing us who were dancing the club shuffle already to dance the method using that disco ball.
    If it bothers you there's an immunity to the disco balls that can be bought in the GPL store, which I think is a very nice touch. Now it just needs a minigame to win at least a small amount of GPL, maybe a darts tournament? I don't think a Dabo table would be appropriate somehow.
    edited November 2014
    yavery wrote: »
    If it bothers you there's an immunity to the disco balls that can be bought in the GPL store, which I think is a very nice touch. Now it just needs a minigame to win at least a small amount of GPL, maybe a darts tournament? I don't think a Dabo table would be appropriate somehow.

It's a social area and the lounge half is dead on day 1, poker is a game within the ST universe. I'd go with that if anything.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The club is as much interesting and worth to be visited as the captains table.

Been there, done that... never will return.