What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The New People In Charge of STO

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For people who hate repetitive content and grinding, I can't help but notice the irony of repetitive and grindy threads over the past 4 years of people who can't communicate their criticisms without coming across like a fool.

If you can't present your argument without putting forth rational thought, you are part of the problem.

The grindy aspects of STO are made for people who are incapable of putting forth rational thought.

If those people want someone to blame, all they need is a mirror.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not apologizing for anything or anyone. I just find this thread, particularly the OP, very amusing.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I'm not apologizing for anything or anyone. I just find this thread, particularly the OP, very amusing.

You're a Cryptic apologist for not agreeing with 110% of what OP says and exaggerating and being even more hyperbolic than they are.

I hope Cryptic's quatloos are keeping you warm at night.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nah, everyone is just making sure al rivera can't come out and say "but we've gotten litterly NO feedback!!!1" AGAIN

Don't get me wrong it was hilarious the first time

And developers are adults, they can differentiate between been passionate and people with fake opinions, which I'd actually primarily attribute the developer apologists.

It's honest, it's passionate - what more you want
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not my way.

Well you were pretty generous with your suggested nerfs to awards in the OP , saying that you don't care ... -- so that makes it "your way" .

The folks who want stuff restored to pre-DR also talk about the awards nerfs ... especially considering how much Dil & EC is required for the various upgrades we've been handed .
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    Yep, pretty much my thoughts too... Hate to break it to the OP, but STO is their game... It belongs to Cryptic (PWE) and they can do what ever they like with it...

Yup. Hate to break it to you, but I agree.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The "do anything they want" approach from the developer apologist shows you exactly the core problem they have, being totalitarian and un-objective

"Anything the developers want period"

This is why I mocked you in the past and disqualified developer apologists as having an opinion.

I hope it's clear to you now why you don't get any respect or recognition
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dear Cryptic, you still seem to think that you run this game, I’d like to suggest that firstly, you are quite wrong and secondly, the sooner you get used to the new ownership, the quicker we will all be happy. Let me explain:

Your and actions, over that last year, have demonstrated that you think that you can dictate to us (your customers) whatever you think is best (and by that, I mean, usually, best for you). DR is a classic example of not only a massive u-turn in direction (see my earlier post Least Successful Nerf of all Time) but nothing other than a un-subtle attempt to squeeze as much cash out of the player base as possible.

Looks like it’s failed! Despite all your promises to fix stuff, dill weekends, special events, CXP or R&D, the queues that used to be full are all but empty now, why:

You have taken away the most popular content and replaced it with stuff, a lot of us, just don’t want to play (and raising the rewards (slightly) or lowering the mobs hit-points (slightly) is not going to bring back the {I believe} large number of people who have left).

Character progression (i.e. EXP) is so low, that most of us can’t be bothered (again when you try to pin down the ‘uber’ players progress, you just hurt everyone else instead).

Bugs seem to be growing exponentially, (and despite anything you say, you don’t really have a good track record of fixing these things).

(and before I get flamed, there’s a ton of other things as well, that annoy people, just read all the rest of the forum).

So, back to my point: quite a few of us don’t play so much anymore, a few more have gone altogether, some others have decided it’s not worth spending RL money on this game anymore.

Are you down, a bit, on your normal monthly income, by any chance?

Because if you are, it is due to the fact that you think you are in control, you think we will accept whatever you give us and just say “thank you sir”, you are so wrong; we are your customers, if we don’t like what you are offering we will just go somewhere else (with our money). Get this: you are no different from MacDonald’s competing with Burger King, if you understand this you have a chance to listen to what your customers want and to put this game back on track. It’s so simple, any successful business has to give its customers what they want (no matter how moronic they think they are).

I want (and I don’t think I’m alone here):

The old exp values restored,

The old elites restored (make: Training, Normal, Advance, Elite (T, N the old, A, E the new)) nerf the (old) rewards, if you must, I don’t care, just give the BNPs to the guys that need them, and give the fun maps back to the rest of us. Make the BNPs worth only 100 dill if it's hurting your profits so much),

Get a strong (and vocal) team on the bug fixes.

Anything else (that is reasonable, in the posts below).

So, who is in charge of STO? Sorry, but it is not you Cryptic, simply because when we stop playing (and paying), we move on to something new; you, well, you’ll be looking to move on to something new as well (by that I guess, a new job), who has most to loose?

Caveat: I love this game, I really missed it when I stopped playing for 4 months after S9 and I will really miss it if this stuff isn’t fixed now, but there is no way I’m going to keep playing it the way it is at the moment. And I really do think that I’m not alone in this. I am, also, so constantly gob-smacked (English term) by your lack of understanding that:

Fun = Happy Players,

Grind = No players (eventually, anyway).

I find your post, erm, amusing. :) For one, you kinda talk like a 3rd Grader. "Your and actions"? Was that meant to be something like "You and your actions"? My point? Don't try and educate others with "gob-smacked (English term)," when you don't even got the basics down yourself.

Most importantly, though, your post made me chuckle because it's written to push all the usual buttons, no doubt thinking everyone would immediately rally around you. Guess what?! Whatever point you were trying to make, it's lost in the cheesy manipulation.

Also loved the hilarious way you're talking down to Cryptic. Way to get yourself taken seriously! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^While the defense department always shows up in this posts, TC it can't be denied the game has suffered due to DR. People only post like this when they care, not just to get more reward but at one point enjoyed playing the game. The rewards nerfs Cryptic has applied have never been seen in ANY successful MMO, at least not to this degree. Over the last year there have been more nerfs than additions and unlike the TC I will list them for the defense departments memory.

1. Dailies - yeah this made no sense, as I don't know an MMO that ONLY wants people to play on the weekends. This is a 24/7 game, yet what is the point of playing on the weekdays if there is nothing to play for?

2. Tour - this lead to a flood of EC that could buy what exactly, ONLY items that were bought by OTHER players using Zen/Dil. So now this has turned into an American market where the top 1% remain the only ones able to get most items, thus you have killed the gaming market...sad really.

3. Borg Neural Processors rewards - Elite missions, sometimes 5, or 11 replaced with bull**** once per day pultry mark increase. The sad part is you actually had people defending this TRIBBLE at first, and then they went back to school and went over their math fundamentals.

4. Mirror missions - wow we got this crappy 30+ minute mission that is nowhere near as fun as a special event, when we used to have a really cool mission that was about 5-10 minutes that was available several times a day...great Cryptic I want to see the request for removal numbers on that one.

5. Dil nerf from STFs, while it made sense to increase difficulty(though done completely wrong) it made no sense to nerf dil rewards. You didn't change the daily requirement, thus in the end this made NO difference on the amount of money spent on the game by players, but what it does do is make the game less fun by extending the grind. I am NOT one those people who believe the 8K cap should be increased, but the nerf was completely unnecessary, especially since it was supposed to be a difficulty hike not a reward nerf.

6. Experience nerf - while I am not COMPLETELY against this, the AMOUNT you nerfed kills or XP was just stupid. A way to fix this may not be return it to previous lvls but reward people for completing story missions similar to Reputation Sponsorhips, when you finish ALL the story missions for ONE character, they can sponsor your OTHER characters XP by triple, since you nerfed it by 90%. This way you get your nerf, but don't force people to grind EVERY character with ridiculously low XP rewards.

7. Factions specific Consoles - While this isn't a nerf it is a PROBLEM, ship special consoles being shared between KDF and Federation, leaning more to Federation with no difference. I don't understand how consoles or weapons that were made for one type of ship can work better for a completely different faction ship. There NEEDS to be a difference, and with this difference you would SELL more SHIPS!

8. Fleets/Fleet Holdings - Remember when Fleets were supposed to bring everyone together, well that is a little hard with useless PVP missions, crafting that is better than fleet gear, and ship upgrades that are useless compared to T6 ships. It is like you forgot WHY you created fleets in the first place. Maybe you need to look at other successful MMO Guilds/Fleets because what you have right now is POINTLESS.

9. Bugs/Listing all Current Bugs - I laugh at people saying that listing the bugs will take ANY longer than 5 minutes at the end of update notes. You do this already, but ALL the REALLY BAD bugs are just not Acknowledged and sometimes take 2-3 seasons, or even a YEAR+ to fix with NO listing it was a bug. My case and point 5k of my zen used to get stuck on the dil exchange market, and I would have to make a complaint EVERY WEEK for a YEAR just to get it removed temporarily at a loss most of the time. This BUG WAS NEVER LISTED, but was MAGICALLY fixed with the DR expansion. Communication would have gone a LONG way with my patience about this issue. This money for sakes, and you ignored it like it was just another in a long list of minor bugs.

If you want to know why people are pissed, it is because the people who bought the lifetime, who draw others to this game, who keep the FLEETS alive are the ones complaining. As for the defense department that comes on EVERY complaint forum on these boards, I laugh at you. You know this game is going the wrong direction, and the reduced Advanced/Elite Queues are proving the point. The game isn't fun anymore and it has less to do with rewards as it has to do with stale ideas and increased grinding.

I am with both of you. There will always be Cryptic's White Knights in shining armor trying to 'come to the rescue' *snark* but the reality is the ques are still close to nothing. The nerfing and bugs are out of control and fleets are leaving the scene. This game is not fun any more. I played for a good three years and I just can't do it any more. I am taking my money elsewhere where it deserves to be spent. STO has become a depressant more than a present. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    Yep, pretty much my thoughts too... Hate to break it to the OP, but STO is their game... It belongs to Cryptic (PWE) and they can do what ever they like with it...

Now, whether the players like it or not is moot - you will never please everyone, all the time...

Not one but two pointless generalizations . You're on a roll today .

... and if I had kept quiet , you'd have shot only male Borg drones from somewhere around Season 4 , 'till today ... -- so you are absolutely correct ... , and player dissatisfaction is "moot" ...

Oh yeah , and Cryptic trotted out 3 Devs to make posts here last week , just because players cheered and welcomed all the wonderful changes with DR ... -- so THAT proves that they can do whatever they like with the game too ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    The "do anything they want" approach from the developer apologist shows you exactly the core problem they have, being totalitarian and un-objective

"Anything the developers want period"

This is why I mocked you in the past and disqualified developer apologists as having an opinion.

I hope it's clear to you now why you don't get any respect or recognition

Nah. Just a reality check, really: it truly *is* their game. Were it my game, you can bet things would be done entirely differently. But it isn't. We can make suggestions, or tell them -- with our feet, if need be -- that we don't want the endless monetization and grind; but, at the end of the day, it's simply their game. So, far as I'm concerned, any post that starts with "Dear Cryptic, you still seem to think that you run this game," will be subject to ridicule. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I find your post, erm, amusing. :) For one, you kinda talk like a 3rd Grader. "Your and actions"? Was that meant to be something like "You and your actions"? My point? Don't try and educate others with "gob-smacked (English term)," when you don't even got the basics down yourself.

Most importantly, though, your post made me chuckle because it's written to push all the usual buttons, no doubt thinking everyone would immediately rally around you. Guess what?! Whatever point you were trying to make, it's lost in the cheesy manipulation.

Also loved the hilarious way you're talking down to Cryptic. Way to get yourself taken seriously! :P

And way to come off as a douche . :o

... I guess you had no counter argument to post then , so you settled for talking at the poster ...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah , and Cryptic trotted out 3 Devs to make posts here last week , just because players cheered and welcomed all the wonderful changes with DR ... -- so THAT proves that they can do whatever they like with the game too ... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what it proves EXACTLY. :) They can do with the game as they see fit. Whether all decisions they're making are good ones, well, that's an entirely different topic. Personally, I think they screwed up with DR, big time. Ridiculous monetization, forcing R&D on people, XP nerfing, you name it. Result? Empty queues, angry customers.

From the new Dev they brought in last week, at least it would appear they're trying. They can't just reverse DR overnight, though. And some of it is even really good (like ship Mastery). Personally, I suggest they take a long and hard look at their queues, and ease up on some of the most egregious annoyances people are experiencing with DR: mostly notably the outrageous Rarity Upgrade cost, far as I'm concerned.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And way to come off as a douche . :o

... I guess you had no counter argument to post then , so you settled for talking at the poster ...

More like "Whatever point you were trying to make, it's lost in the cheesy manipulation."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    Unless they are making more money than ever, that argument will only work for so long with PWE and their shareholders. Do you honestly think they are?

Keep the customer satisfied.
    I think Cryptic and PWE are not making random decisions to TRIBBLE their customers off. They make decisions that generate more revenue and profits. If that means some customers are pissed off, but other customers get attracted or spend more, than that's okay with them.

Everyone one of us only knows his individual perspective, whether he likes the game or not. You may also know about about your friends - but people usually get friends because of their similarities in likes and dislikes, so you only get a very biased sample. "My friends, which are all in the same things as I am, don't like this game, just like me, so no one must like it anymore" is obviously a hasty conclusion.

Objective, non-biased numbers are not really available to us.

The closest we may have is something like this: http://steamcharts.com/app/9900
    But apparently people interpret the numbers quite differently.

For me, I focus on the "averge player count" number, since I believe that is most likely to influence overal amount of purchases. Momentary spikes seem unlikely to affect sales, since it implies these players don't quite stay around - why would such people spend money on a game they're only playing for a few days? High average number of players could at least imply people are sticking around and for them an "investment" may atually make sense.

Well, for that purpose, we see that both LOR and DR were good for STO. Interestingly, the flow in players does look different though.
    LOR was a sudden spike with no precedent, but STO already was gaining players before DR was rising - this may coincide with the release of the Crafting system. Of course, correlation is not causation. But.. if there is a cause, then maybe "grindy" systems like the Crafting system actually work from a business point of view for STO. And DR also is considered "grindy"...

You don't have to like that. But it doesn't mean it doesn't for Cryptic.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, that's what it proves EXACTLY. :) They can do with the game as they see fit.

So you're saying that they are in control , and the OP is questioning the illusion that Cryptic is in control .

A) Neither assumption is a big deal , and there is room for both .

B) The many changes that happened on the monetizing front via crafting and DR , and how these changes resemble Eastern MMO's on one hand , and the Dev's desire to make STO into a more "hardcore MMO" via more complicated difficulties and features & add cutscenes and VO like TOR (but pretend that it's not copying TOR) -- all these have lead me to question as well if Cryptic alone is in control , or if we're experiencing a combination of a number of desires & interests both within Cryptic , and PW .

Add to that other issues like the difficulty levels that DR was shipped with , and them being "in control" looks dangerous & irresponsible , to me at least .

So all in all , while I express myself differently then the OP , I too question both who is in control , and the meaning & quality of said control . :)
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ...Your and actions, over that last year, have demonstrated that you think that you can dictate to us (your customers) whatever you think is best...

They can. It's their business.

Your choice is in playing or not.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So you're saying that they are in control , and the OP is questioning the illusion that Cryptic is in control .

A) Neither assumption is a big deal , and there is room for both .

B) The many changes that happened on the monetizing front via crafting and DR , and how these changes resemble Eastern MMO's on one hand , and the Dev's desire to make STO into a more "hardcore MMO" via more complicated difficulties and features & add cutscenes and VO like TOR (but pretend that it's not copying TOR) -- all these have lead me to question as well if Cryptic alone is in control , or if we're experiencing a combination of a number of desires & interests both within Cryptic , and PW .

Add to that other issues like the difficulty levels that DR was shipped with , and them being "in control" looks dangerous & irresponsible , to me at least .

So all in all , while I express myself differently then the OP , I too question both who is in control , and the meaning & quality of said control . :)

For starters, "The New People In Charge of STO" would be PWE, foremost; certainly not the cacophony of shrieking voices on a forum.

The empty queues are a sign Cryptic/PWE can't just ignore the playerbase entirely. This is definitely something they need to improve on. Like i said, I've gotten the impression they're trying at least; and probably don't know exactly how to fix things -- at least not without a drastic reorganization, in which a certain Dev may lose his job. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They can. It's their business.

Your choice is in playing or not.

Agreed, but all businesses need customers in order to make their profits, loose too many customers...
    the cacophony of shrieking voices on a forum

Sorry about that, sometimes you just get so frustrated!
    cptndata1 wrote: »
    Please tell me the irony of the OP's name was not lost on everyone but me.....

Thanks, the real irony was meant to be in the actual post itself.

What I truly believe is that DR was not the financial success they wanted, many players have been lost. So they reengaged with the forums to find out why, and have started a number of minor tweeks to encourage players back. Whether that will be "too little too late", time will tell.

What I hope has come out of it is that in the future they will take more time to find out what the players would like to see in the game, rather than paste a standard "grind-oriented, money grabbing" model over the game that many of us care about quite a bit.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The answer is very simple. The goal is to starve the player base out and sell them R&D packs. They were supposed to sell like crack and didn't. The goal is to get people to rage buy dilithium and insta upgrade. That didn't happen as much as expected. There's really no other explanation for failqueues. I can think of no explanation for exp nerf. If they were selling those exp packs for 5000 exp sure but at 1000 you'd have to have been dropped on your head then kicked in the head by a jackass to buy that.

So now it's a standoff to see who blinks first.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2014
    I remember 10000 people waiting in the que for sign in to STO when LOR launched an the instances full anywhere you went in the game

no line for DR

Ques empty all over Zones nearly empty....I don't need misleading numbers STO is posting about how successful DR is..Its a flop compared to LOR....I was there for LOR and I was here for DR

Fleets are being fragmented and falling apart because the goals of the players don't match the content rewards

group a we need XP to level up

group b we need a specific mark

group c we need crafting supplies

group d on and on we need dilithium/EC /loot drops

group E...well I cant play with you guys my level isn't high enough

cryptic has seriously droped the ball with DR imo this game is being seriously mismanaged

cryptic is also following the same road SOE took with star wars galaxys...I was at SWG from start to end and you can see the same things going on here

I hope the management at cryptic changes its model........I see it as a failure to give their customers what customers will pay for
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sadly, many game companies make the mistake of listening to their forum vocal majority Elite players.

News flash, they are Elite because they can play all the time because the rest of us, your paying majority, are working for a living supporting them and their habits.

A true Trekian Utopia would consist of Everyone working for a living.

Disregard ALL requests for harder content, especially internally from any devs.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dear Cryptic, you still seem to think that you run this game, I’d like to suggest that firstly, you are quite wrong and secondly, the sooner you get used to the new ownership, the quicker we will all be happy. Let me explain:

Your and actions, over that last year, have demonstrated that you think that you can dictate to us (your customers) whatever you think is best (and by that, I mean, usually, best for you). DR is a classic example of not only a massive u-turn in direction (see my earlier post Least Successful Nerf of all Time) but nothing other than a un-subtle attempt to squeeze as much cash out of the player base as possible.

Looks like it’s failed! Despite all your promises to fix stuff, dill weekends, special events, CXP or R&D, the queues that used to be full are all but empty now, why:

You have taken away the most popular content and replaced it with stuff, a lot of us, just don’t want to play (and raising the rewards (slightly) or lowering the mobs hit-points (slightly) is not going to bring back the {I believe} large number of people who have left).

Character progression (i.e. EXP) is so low, that most of us can’t be bothered (again when you try to pin down the ‘uber’ players progress, you just hurt everyone else instead).

Bugs seem to be growing exponentially, (and despite anything you say, you don’t really have a good track record of fixing these things).

(and before I get flamed, there’s a ton of other things as well, that annoy people, just read all the rest of the forum).

So, back to my point: quite a few of us don’t play so much anymore, a few more have gone altogether, some others have decided it’s not worth spending RL money on this game anymore.

Are you down, a bit, on your normal monthly income, by any chance?

Because if you are, it is due to the fact that you think you are in control, you think we will accept whatever you give us and just say “thank you sir”, you are so wrong; we are your customers, if we don’t like what you are offering we will just go somewhere else (with our money). Get this: you are no different from MacDonald’s competing with Burger King, if you understand this you have a chance to listen to what your customers want and to put this game back on track. It’s so simple, any successful business has to give its customers what they want (no matter how moronic they think they are).

I want (and I don’t think I’m alone here):

The old exp values restored,

The old elites restored (make: Training, Normal, Advance, Elite (T, N the old, A, E the new)) nerf the (old) rewards, if you must, I don’t care, just give the BNPs to the guys that need them, and give the fun maps back to the rest of us. Make the BNPs worth only 100 dill if it's hurting your profits so much),

Get a strong (and vocal) team on the bug fixes.

Anything else (that is reasonable, in the posts below).

So, who is in charge of STO? Sorry, but it is not you Cryptic, simply because when we stop playing (and paying), we move on to something new; you, well, you’ll be looking to move on to something new as well (by that I guess, a new job), who has most to loose?

Caveat: I love this game, I really missed it when I stopped playing for 4 months after S9 and I will really miss it if this stuff isn’t fixed now, but there is no way I’m going to keep playing it the way it is at the moment. And I really do think that I’m not alone in this. I am, also, so constantly gob-smacked (English term) by your lack of understanding that:

Fun = Happy Players,

Grind = No players (eventually, anyway).

Data laughing The most self entitle TRIBBLE I have ever read. Your decent to good points were simply overridden by the fact you seem to think you are always right and PWE/Cryptic should bend to your will or we will all leave.

Sorry numbnuts, you don't speak for me and you never will. Yes there are things I don't like, but good god man, if the customer was always right Cryptic wouldn't make a dime and this game would implode because there is no money to sustain it.

Sorry most times the customer is actually so wrong, it's not even funny.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    For starters, "The New People In Charge of STO" would be PWE, foremost; certainly not the cacophony of shrieking voices on a forum.

Look , I don't know right off the bat if you're a long time Trek fan or not , but Star Trek as a whole has been revived at least once by fan demand (and at least once said demand was denied , but not without a national and global attempt to halt the last shows cancellation) .

So you know , back then to NBC and later Paramount , those fans could have sounded equally demanding (not to mention demented) in their expression of their passion for the show .

I have to say that I find it mildly ironic that I hear some long time fans now saying that "it's their game" ... , because with that kind of attitude -- ppl would have considered Star Trek the "production's company's show" , and they would have sat down and accepted the demise of Trek quietly and obediently .

Guess what I'm trying to say is that in the real world ... the "it's their game / show" ppl are the minority ... , and I for one am glad that that is so ... , as partially it's thanks to them that we are here today ... , as it was their voices that showed NBC back in the day that the Neilson Ratings were wrong ... -- kind of like Cryptic's Metrics seemingly were .

But please , by all means continue to belittle those who express their dissatisfaction in a manner in which you don't approve of -- this goes to all the RL minority represented here ... . :cool:

The empty queues are a sign Cryptic/PWE can't just ignore the playerbase entirely. This is definitely something they need to improve on. Like i said, I've gotten the impression they're trying at least; and probably don't know exactly how to fix things -- at least not without a drastic reorganization, in which a certain Dev may lose his job. :P

One of the issues to me looks like the whole concept of Cryptic's F2P dogma is being challenged .
    See , they always relied on this mythical "churn" -- while I constantly feared that statistically , there are not THAT MANY sci-fi PC gamers out there .

I feared that we didn't have this endless MMO / fight games / Fantasy fans to rely on . Space pew-pew is it's own genre , and since there were so few successful starship based games out there , the supply of fans is not endless .

So in the end , my worry is not just that ppl are leaving , it's that we're not really seeing the "refill" pouring in .
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    [QUOTE= Sorry numbnuts, you don't speak for me and you never will. Yes there are things I don't like, but good god man, if the customer was always right Cryptic wouldn't make a dime and this game would implode because there is no money to sustain it.

Sorry most times the customer is actually so wrong, it's not even funny.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,, what he said..
    Sorry dude,, im a lifer,, have been for 4 years,, been playing since open beta,, the game has COMEPLETELY changed since the beginning days,, it was MUCH WORSE back then,, yet here it is today.

I see many people saying " no ones playing the QUES THE GAME IS DOOMED" yet when I go to ESD the place is packed,, when I go to SOL system the place is packed,, it takes 3 seconds to get into the mirror universe.... did you ever stop and think that players are simply TAKING A BREAK from the QUES to run the new content? Since most " ELITE" players have multiple toons its likely going to take a while to get there toons through the new missions. The DOOM AND GLOOM is BS,,, I don't see it. Does the game have bugs? HEEEEELLLLLLLLLS YESSS!!!! Last night I had to reset my skilltray 3 FRACKEN times in the course of 10 minutes.. but does that mean players should stomp there feet and follow you out the door? NO! I respect your right to speak your mind, and say what you believe,, but I can also do the same thing. GET OVER YOURSELF!!! You thinking you can speak for all of us players is BEYOND arrogance!!! This isn't a personal attack just my opinion. Again,, while I agree with SOME of your points,, all I can say is,, get over it and play the damn game,,, or don't... enciting hate and discontent among the playerbase is NOT going to help the situation. Bottom line is Cryptic is a BUSSINESS.. BUSSINESS's are out to make money,, they make money by selling stuff in the game,, BUT as a consumer you have a choice,, we ALL have a choice... BUY THE STUFF,, OR DONT!!! If YOU don't think the game is worth putting any REAL money in to... THEN DONT!!!!! If you want to discourage people from putting money into the game that's your choice,,, but if they decide to put money into the game that's THERE choice!!! I bought the DR pack,, and im damned glad I did!!!
    Ok,, im done ranting about your rant,, have a great day,,, and LIVE FREE or PAY HARD!!!
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Data laughing The most self entitle TRIBBLE I have ever read. Your decent to good points were simply overridden by the fact you seem to think you are always right and PWE/Cryptic should bend to your will or we will all leave.

Sorry numbnuts, you don't speak for me and you never will. Yes there are things I don't like, but good god man, if the customer was always right Cryptic wouldn't make a dime and this game would implode because there is no money to sustain it.

Sorry most times the customer is actually so wrong, it's not even funny.

Glad you had a good laugh. Sad that no one believes anymore that "the customer is always right".

Yours faithfully numnuts.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    To the op ... dont be discouraged by this sort either. I know the issies in the game and so do a few other people... the truth will come out ;-)

I know there are issues, I just don't let it ruin my fun....I choose to adapt to the game changes instead of complain about it.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Glad you had a good laugh. Sad that no one believes anymore that "the customer is always right".

Yours faithfully numnuts.

The Customer is Always Right is the biggest load of garbage that Retail has forced us to believe. If the Customer is Always Right, then I can take this cart of $200 in groceries and pay $1 for it since I believe it is only worth $1. Everyone has conflicting interests in what they want a product to have and adopting that philosophy is just a disaster waiting to happen.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I remember 10000 people waiting in the que for sign in to STO when LOR launched an the instances full anywhere you went in the game

no line for DR

Ques empty all over Zones nearly empty....I don't need misleading numbers STO is posting about how successful DR is..Its a flop compared to LOR....I was there for LOR and I was here for DR

Fleets are being fragmented and falling apart because the goals of the players don't match the content rewards

group a we need XP to level up

group b we need a specific mark

group c we need crafting supplies

group d on and on we need dilithium/EC /loot drops

group E...well I cant play with you guys my level isn't high enough

cryptic has seriously droped the ball with DR imo this game is being seriously mismanaged

cryptic is also following the same road SOE took with star wars galaxys...I was at SWG from start to end and you can see the same things going on here

I hope the management at cryptic changes its model........I see it as a failure to give their customers what customers will pay for

Oh yes because the vast crowd of players I was flying through are imaginary ;)

And the 6 fleets im a part of are not falling apart but growing......
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A note to apologists:

No complaining will ensure the status quo.

Critisizm is useful for pointing out all the fails currently in game.
This discussion has been closed.