Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yea... That sucks, this game was doomed to be a cash grab when PWE acquired it...
    Most all PWE's games are cash grab, and in some respects SWTOR has a better model, yea, ftp is a component, but it makes being a subscriber worth it...

Whereas in sto subscriptions mean little as the destroyers are nothing special, most all the lifetime perks a vet monthly would get in time, and all the other subscription perks are gimmicky. Free respec tokens, unique boff nobody really uses, an EV suit outclassed by rep gear...
    Thinking bout going back to swtor and staying there, more story, actual choices that matter to the plot, a more dynamic flight sim...oh and actual perks for being a sub lol...imagine that...

Don't get me wrong, STO is cool enough that I'd still play it while bioware patches their servers, but from what I've heard and read about DR they really screwed the pooch on that one... They learned NOTHING from when they had to remove dil requirements from the normal rep missions... When I get a new comp it'll have sto on it, but it will just be a sideshow

Lifetime should have ALL dil sinks removed from the reputation system, we have committed to the cause so give us somthing that could be considered an ACTUAL perk for lifetime...
    It's only worth it right now because cryptic doesn't get to dive into the wallet every month... Instead they get to hand zen to me:D:D:D:D

The reason FTP in SWTOR is terrible is because it is a component, it's still meant to be subscription based... Kinda like EVE, you can give a friend a referral token for a free month of in game time, but the game is limited in this state due to exploiters and after it's up you've either gotta buy plex off the exchange or use moneys

You get stuff for recruiting people who sucessfully renew their membership either way :3
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Geez... It's not even December and Fluffy Mcuddlesworth is already being trolled by the season...
    Knock it off people, we know he doesn't like religious symbols and affiliated stuff...

I find the season obnoxiously cheerful and huggy, but I hate crowds, and this time of year...I almost find it hypocritical actually, we care about each other and be all hugs and sunshine for one whole day...

And then the next day it's business as usual, someone wants change or needs charity after Christmas is completely screwed, someone wants a hug and people stare at them...

Oh but we can preach about it all the time, peace and joy for the whole world but humanity seems to only be able to maintain it one day out of the year.

Of course on the other hand... Stores make a killing off people, so it's fantastic for the economy and sales

Who is trolling? If he doesn't want to look at my pics he doesn't have to.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Eh, I ultimately still only have the PVE queue "so-called" revamp that bugs me, mostly forcing me to the ground, and even then to just a couple of them that are more bearable.

Everything else I can overlook about Delta Rising. As for grinding out beyond 60, I'll play Cryptics advocate, it helps to have something to work towards just for playing, but they really need to make ground pay just as much XP as space, because you don't even make a fraction of what you do in space if that's all you choose to play for a time. Thank goodness for the Mirror universe right now. At least I can run those back to back if I so choose and not have too much headache getting at least some.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have yet to do any of the Delta Rising queues. Bug Hunt, Borg Disconnected, or whatever others Delta Rising brought, I still haven't run any of them. To be honest, I really don't have any plans to run them any time soon.

I only have one character at level 60, and that was only to help Canelow get there. I have no plans to level any of the other characters at all. I was perfectly fine at level 50, and I still am. And as for upgrading ships to T5-U? At least Lockbox/Lobi ships are free to upgrade, otherwise, I wouldn't bother. I am not going to buy the ship, buy the ship, and then buy the ship again. Now if you want to donate tokens to me, that is one thing, but I refuse to re-buy a ship that I already own, just so I can own it again. I already paid up for the ship in the first place. If Cryptic doesn't accept that, they can go jump off the Hathon waterfall.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    If Cryptic doesn't accept that, they can go jump off the Hathon waterfall.

That's not even a large drop. A bigger one would be the waterfall behind that giant six-eyed tentacle monster on New Romulus.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I only have one character at level 60, and that was only to help Canelow get there.

Ain't it awesome having a friend like him helping me out? A few people are worth the time of day.

However, Edgar, you did love the way we got to 60, I believe. And you made quite a killing (pun intended) off of it too!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'll admit, it was great money. I made a few million, just from all that vendor trash! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what did you do, dozens of boring, tedious argala runs?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Argala was too annoying with the Kazon being so frequent, they just resist Gravity well too often. Sure it may work for FAW tacticals or engi's but not me.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    No. Japori and Carraya. And I also got the accolades for Roms and Nausicaans through them.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    and...this was before tau dewa was labeled an exploit, i take it? because you don't get **** from it now
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You are correct, on both.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Indubitably.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Having awesome hair must be an exploit. That's why we don't get any cat updates.

Everything is an exploit. We're all darn cheaters. We're exploiting right now by typing on this forum!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    "This conference is a farce."

Who said it?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sela, of course

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Sela dies tomorrow, and the Solanae are involved. Called it.

And yes, I know that blog is not by Sela, but she still dies in the episode.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Kirkfan, I will have your ship's plaque to you by tomorrow. I prolly won't be in game much... or at all... since VPvP has been murderized by DR.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Argala was too annoying with the Kazon being so frequent, they just resist Gravity well too often. Sure it may work for FAW tacticals or engi's but not me.

For some reason every time I do Argala I get Hirogen! Never had Kazon even the first time I did it as part of the 'story'.

As for levelling I just take it as it comes, I'm not bothering with the story anymore because having to grind to make up for the lack of skill xp just breaks up the flow. Perhaps the way to do it is level up to 60 first then do the story so you can get into it more.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Kirkfan, I will have your ship's plaque to you by tomorrow. I prolly won't be in game much... or at all... since VPvP has been murderized by DR.

Thank you, Sir.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    mjarbar wrote: »
    For some reason every time I do Argala I get Hirogen!
    I only got Kazon.
    Geez... It's not even December and Fluffy Mcuddlesworth is already being trolled by the season...
    Maybe I should bring back this signature? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It is definitely random what we get, but I'm certain it does favor Kazon since that is what the dialogue is actually originally oriented around. Whenever you get another species ships there, it still shows a Kazon speaking which I presume is a bug. At least when I last bothered to run that one. There are more efficient means still I am sure. I just haven't been bothered to try and over grind once I've reached 60.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Here you go Kirkfan.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/AdmiralVoporak/media/Photoshop/Starship_Dedication_Plaque-rodan_zps36b1c2a3.png.html?sort=9&o=34

If someone could deliver this to Softgun, it would be much appreciated.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/AdmiralVoporak/media/Photoshop/Starship_Dedication_Plaque-bloodyspartan_zps1cf8168c.png.html?sort=9&o=33

I dunno how much longer I'll be around, y'know with the animatronics after me and all...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Here you go Kirkfan.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/AdmiralVoporak/media/Photoshop/Starship_Dedication_Plaque-rodan_zps36b1c2a3.png.html?sort=9&o=34

If someone could deliver this to Softgun, it would be much appreciated.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/AdmiralVoporak/media/Photoshop/Starship_Dedication_Plaque-bloodyspartan_zps1cf8168c.png.html?sort=9&o=33

I dunno how much longer I'll be around, y'know with the animatronics after me and all...
    can you do those in a republic flavor or are you just putting text on an already existing starfleet plaque background?

EDIT: nevermind, i answered my own question almost immediately after posting

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Frenemy..did you see how big the marionette really is? Go look on its wiki page...It's even worse than I thought.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Frenemy..did you see how big the marionette really is? Go look on its wiki page...It's even worse than I thought.

They are all terrifying. Bonnie's still trying to get in, I got a surprise waiting for him, but uh the others are still after me.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Finish your shift. Safer than tryign to leave in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Finish your shift. Safer than tryign to leave in the middle of the night.

*Faint banging*

I can't stay in here any longer. Bonnie's gonna get to meet a semi auto, but I don't know if I can make it past the rest... but I can't stay here.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Its me......