test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reinforcements (Klink): Unable to Complete - Captain Laroj

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
At first I just thought my eyes were tired and went to bed. Later I returned to talk to Captain Laroj and began to suspect that he may have been cloaked. Eventually the helpful folks in the DOFFJOBS channel pointed out that he was gone for good!

The mission log confuses me further though: http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4084/captainlaroj.png

Something is fishy here:(. I really wanted that Reman, lol. Please help!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It was a special for the weekend only, sorry.
    edited December 2011
    Did you check the screen shot? Something isn't right.
    edited December 2011
    SteveHale wrote: »
    Did you check the screen shot? Something isn't right.

I can't speak to that, unfortunately...that'd be on Goatshark's area of expertise with missions.
    edited December 2011
    Word. Thanks anyway.

[Edit]I've got a bug ticket and a GM Request out, I assume those would come across his desk too at some point?
    edited December 2011
    I have the same issue on both sides!! I filed a ticket yesterday.

I was sure I had the Doffs, but yesterday I realised that the missions did not finish.
    edited December 2011
    Same for me :(
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:

Will these be done again some time in the future, or should we just trash the mission. I see it can now be dropped, where at one time it could not.

(Is it Worth Carrying on Mission List???)
    edited December 2011
    Will these be done again some time in the future, or should we just trash the mission. I see it can now be dropped, where at one time it could not.

(Is it Worth Carrying on Mission List???)

Just to Add: I have this issue with Both Klingon, and with Federation.

I would like to know whether or not to Trash these Missions, or Moth Ball for Future????
    edited December 2011
    When this type of game issue is done, it would be Great for an Email to be sent to players so they Know it is a Limited Time to Respond to the Turn In........:(
    edited December 2011
    It was mentioned in the original blog post that it was time-limited..
    edited December 2011
    It was mentioned in the original blog post that it was time-limited..

Some of us may Never see a Blog Post. There should be an Email to Players, or a Forum Post that is Prominent.....Or even a Header on the Launcher with Notification, "Look Here".
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:

Heretic, What are the Chances that Cryptic could Change the Notification Process from Just Posting this to a Blog Somewhere, to Sending out an Email Notification to every Player so that Players like myself, who may Never See a Blog, let alone Read One, could be alerted to the Up-Coming Event, and the Requirements that need to be met when they come around??? Please.

Cryptic has Notified players of other things by Email on occasion, why not this?
    edited December 2011
    I'm fine with limited time exclusive offers. I'm not trying to whine about that I'd just like to know what happened to mine in this case. It looks like I should have it but the mission log I posted above doesn't seem to jive with the end result.
    edited December 2011
    SteveHale wrote: »
    I'm fine with limited time exclusive offers. I'm not trying to whine about that I'd just like to know what happened to mine in this case. It looks like I should have it but the mission log I posted above doesn't seem to jive with the end result.

As am I. My problem is not the Limited Time of the Event.

My Problem IS the Limited Dispersal of the Event Information. The Company has an Entire Data Base of every Players Email. They send out periodic notices now and then for C-Store Specials and things like that. Why shouldn't they do that with this type of Event? Are they Playing Favorites with the Players who Read those Blogs?? (If you Read the Blogs you get an Edge??)

I do Not Read Blogs from anyone, for any reason, but I do put my money into this game.......for now anyway. Send ME an email so that I am not the only player in the game who has NOT Been given the Inner Information from that Inner Circle. Several Posts in this thread has shown me that I am Left Out in the Cold due to my not reading those Blogs.
    edited December 2011
    My bad. I didn't mean for my post to sound as dismissive as it probably did. You may be right (besides, they have that bulletin window that occasionally pops up and won't go away in game). I just don't want my issue, which is slightly different from whether or not the event was advertised broadly enough, to be overshadowed by a different (but maybe no less significant) issue.
    edited January 2012
    Didn't really want this to fall too far off of the map:o.
  • mercuriciodidemercuriciodide Member Posts: 342
    edited June 2012
    I have exactly the same issue. It says the mission is ready to turn in but I looked for this guy and he doesn't seem to exist. Annoying. It looked like I had spoken to him before because, like the OP's post, the screenshot shows a check by the mission and a check next to the first "speak to Captain Laroj".

I can understand there being a time limitation on missions that don't say "ready to turn in".
  • thbarnakthbarnak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Weird...

If it's a limited time offer, why the HELL do I have this unresolved mission NOW?

I mean, the first post in this thread dates back to last December, 7 months ago.

It's an obvious bug, not a "too bad, you missed out on the goodie" type of thing.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And now it's December, one year later... and STILL no replay of the mission. Tsk, tsk, PerfectWorld!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It'll happen eventually. Oh, by the way, nice necro ^^

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Messed up part is they recently replayed this mission and the guy NEVER showed up for me DURING the whole week-long event....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like this thread's katra is stubborn. :rolleyes:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • mabon1965mabon1965 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lovely. Just discovered I have this same problem.
  • borastborast Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here it is, several years later, and my ROMULANS are receiving the same quest...and no Captain Laroj to speak with.
    edited September 2014
    Could we please stop performing the fal-tor-pan on this thread? :P

Seriously, this is the third time this thing has come back from the dead.

• anchientbladeanchientblade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same problem here I looked around the academy for 30 min trying to find him
    edited November 2014
    same problem here I looked around the academy for 30 min trying to find him

Shoo, Kobali, shoo! This is a dead Vaadwaur thread, you're not allowed here! :mad:

How this thing managed to get brought back four times is beyond my ability to comprehend...

• kanderuskanderus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It keeps coming back because the "problem" keeps happening, i logged in today on my Orion i made days before Delta launch and saw she had a quest and tried to finish it, no Laroj to be found so i searched on google and this thread was first in list. I'd also add that i check the STO site a few times a day and never saw this "limited time" thing anywhere. I could have missed it, but if i miss it on my pass 4 times a day, i can see others missing it alot easier.
  • catonikjamescatonikjames Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kanderus wrote: »
    It keeps coming back because the "problem" keeps happening, i logged in today on my Orion i made days before Delta launch and saw she had a quest and tried to finish it, no Laroj to be found so i searched on google and this thread was first in list. I'd also add that i check the STO site a few times a day and never saw this "limited time" thing anywhere. I could have missed it, but if i miss it on my pass 4 times a day, i can see others missing it alot easier.

Yup, at very least there should be a pretty big notice "WE ARE VAPORIZING THE NPC ON TUESDAY". So people would have known...

Since this seems to be a known but not resolved issue for a couple years now, I suppose the best thing we can do is make a note of this.

Anyone have luck with submitting tickets?

Give it a rest with the necro thing. Problem not fixed, thread not dead.
    "The dead one tried to show me h3ll, but it was a pale imitation of the horror I can paint on the darkness in a quiet moment.” - Mark Lawrence
    edited November 2014
    Give it a rest with the necro thing. Problem not fixed, thread not dead.

I wasn't going to say anything. This technically still falls under the fourth charge of necromancy, we're not at the fifth yet. :P

That said, I believe the forum ToS requires that a new thread be created if the previous thread discussing a subject (this thread) has not been posted in for over a month.

This discussion has been closed.