test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic losing Money..BIG TIME !!!!

Comments

• caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Your attempt at DOOOOM failed. Please retry.

No, please, don't give him the impression of encouragement.
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Buy your Zen through the ARC store, and nothings going to happen.

Got zen recently from Steam. No problems with me. They are working on this system to make payments safer. I am all for that.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't consider myself a "whale" but I did support the game monetarily until fairly recently. Unfortunately, the game has gone in a direction that I can no longer support. My only real recourse to air my annoyance is avoiding zen purchases and hope others do as well and the situation improves.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lets translate these posts (and pressent a little ridicule at the same time).

"Cryptic is losing money"

"Actually, I have no idea what Cryptics financial standpoint is, as I'm just a 14 year old trying to spread a few ripples in order to make an entire game corporation bow to my demands."

"I am a whale"

"I spent 20 euros for a bit of Zen in 2012".

"Cryptic are not having any more money from me"

"I've never spent a single penny on this game, but it makes me sound a little more important, and should increase my validation in this arguement.".

"I'm not even playing this game anymore till they fix everything"

"I put anything between 3-6 hours a day into Star Trek Online".

"Cryptic don't know how to run the game as a successful business"

"...because my mediocre knowledge of online gaming means that I can run a multi-vectored corporation better than Cryptic ever can.

Yes I am ridiculing those who reel out the same old whines, but at the same time, I hope you guys never stop, as you give the more intelligent forumites some amusement :D
  • misthollowmisthollow Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't seem to have any problems with buying zen and no bound products in the last several days I bought a one month sub for my daughter a lifetime for me and probably 40 or 50 dollars with of zen did buy keys. Yes this was this week but before that I haven't spent money on this game in a couple years, however I don't use steam I buy all my zen in game through arc and use pay pal
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i haven't spent a dime since F2P ergo Cryptic is losing my money...BIG TIME.

But that is all I can say about that.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and as usual a valid concern over the direction of the company is drowned out by the nonsensical posts of apologists and fanboys.....

+1

(even though I guess I am a fanboy since this is Star Trek)
    The only thing I will say I have since slowed down(playing/buying) a lot too....
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am what Cryptic would classify as a " Right Bloody Tight TRIBBLE ".

Your argument is hereby invalid. =3

Lol I was never a whale just a little blue gill never minded giving them a certain small amount each and every month felt like I was supporting them to help keep this beloved game going even if that amount was just enough to get 1 large pizza. But now I just cant justify doing that. :(
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Every time somebody says "Big Time", I can't help but think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

I had almost forgotten how good his videos are. Thanks for reminding me! :D
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    People can buy ZEN through ARC... that way, there is no risk to a Steam account ;)

Plus, last time I checked, you get better deals buying through ARC, as they give bonus ZEN (based on how much you buy) where Steam does not give you bonus ZEN.

Though Steam did have better increments with a steady rise and ARC does a massive jump in increments, but with the bonus ZEN, it is not so bad really.

Anyway, just leaving this out there. :)

OK, I am by no means a whale or whatever jargon you use but I do have 5 accounts (yes FIVE). I have an entertainment budge of $100/month of which $70 is used for STO.

I have a STEAM account but I only got one so that I could get the Steamrunner ship. I have NEVER nor will I ever purchase Zen from STEAM.

There are TWO methods you can use to get Zen. @Jockey has mentioned one of the ways you can do this (via Arc). The other way is to just go https://billing.arcgames.com/en/ and enter it there. This is a good way to buy Zen without having the "ALL EVIL ARC" program installed on your system.

To recap, you can buy Zen outside of STEAM via Arc or the web and you will NOT have to worry about STEAM banning your account.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kain9prime wrote: »
    Are you one of the whales from ST IV?

:confused:

That's silly.

They were removed from Earth in the 80s already, and would only return sometime in the 23rd century. Tststs.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and as usual a valid concern over the direction of the company is drowned out by the nonsensical posts of apologists and fanboys.....

If someone can't stop themselves from breaking these Ten Commandments, then chances are they don't have any valid concerns to begin with.

... or they are just plain horrible about using the buttons in front of their monitor to string words together in such a way as to properly communicate with other human beings.

In either case, it's a waste of time... except those of us who like to mock and ridicule them.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kavase wrote: »
    Ah I see now. So because you are no longer supporting this game financially, Cryptic is losing money big time, which, begs the question, how much you were forking out to them.

Must of been in the thousands per week....

Well, it's not just him. I know plenty of people who refuse to spend another penny on this game. And yep, I'm certainly one of them.

But, that said, people will still spend money on STO because they accept a botched, horrible mess of a bug-filled and horribly under-developed game.

Star Trek fans are among that breed of people that want to live in the fictional world they love - even when an incompetent developer and a cancerous publisher clearly don't care - because it's the only Trek world they can live in.

It's like Stockholm Syndrome. Or, more aptly where Cryptic, PWE and STO are concerned, "Battered Wife Syndrome." The abuse piles on, but they keep coming back in the hopes that the abuser will change. Because we love Star Trek. And worse, Cryptic and PWE know it. So the pattern never changes and continues to worsen.

Well, they're not going to change kids. The phrase "give it time" cropped up on the original forums almost five years ago, and people are still saying it (sometimes even about bugs that persist from Beta to today). But they're also the ones that're still paying.

And that, friends, is why STO will never really change. Sure, they may add things like Delta Rising, but whatever they add will be broken and break other things that aren't.

That's the established pattern.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All Cryptic needs to do is slingshot around the sun then go back and grab two of you from the past then bring them back to 2014. I've seen it done before, you just have to keep an eye on the Dilithium exchange rate and avoid nuclear wessels.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Well, it's not just him. I know plenty of people who refuse to spend another penny on this game. And yep, I'm certainly one of them.

But, that said, people will still spend money on STO because they accept a botched, horrible mess of a bug-filled and horribly under-developed game.

Star Trek fans are among that breed of people that want to live in the fictional world they love - even when an incompetent developer and a cancerous publisher clearly don't care - because it's the only Trek world they can live in.

It's like Stockholm Syndrome. Or, more aptly where Cryptic, PWE and STO are concerned, "Battered Wife Syndrome." The abuse piles on, but they keep coming back in the hopes that the abuser will change. Because we love Star Trek. And worse, Cryptic and PWE know it. So the pattern never changes and continues to worsen.

Well, they're not going to change kids. The phrase "give it time" cropped up on the original forums almost five years ago, and people are still saying it (sometimes even about bugs that persist from Beta to today). But they're also the ones that're still paying.

And that, friends, is why STO will never really change. Sure, they may add things like Delta Rising, but whatever they add will be broken and break other things that aren't.

That's the established pattern.

or maybe not everyone experienced that same thing others have...
    Not everyone is experiencing the bugs
    not everyone is being 'abused'
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    or maybe not everyone experienced that same thing others have...
    Not everyone is experiencing the bugs
    not everyone is being 'abused'

Bet you've used the phrase "give it time" on these forums. ;)

Despite my erroneous forum join date showing on these forums, I've been here since the beginning.

What's going on now IS an established pattern and has been for almost five years - even back when the game was published by Atari.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
    edited November 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Bet you've used the phrase "give it time" on these forums. ;)

Despite my erroneous forum join date showing on these forums, I've been here since the beginning.

What's going on now IS an established pattern and has been for almost five years - even back when the game was published by Atari.

I don't recall ever saying that. I am not denying that this game has bugs...nor am I making excuses for them....merely pointing out that not everyone is dealing with bugs...nor should be compared to battered wives.
    To flip a phrase...just because you are starving doesn't mean everyone is starving.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Whatever is said the game is live and well people are not queues, so what.
    People are busy with story missions and leveling.
    99% of the people in the fleet I belong to are still leveling and upgrading.
    We have more people on playing and more people on TeamSpeak than last year time.
    Take a deep breath Dan S. said they operating cost in the bank to funding until 2018.

If you love the game op STOP posting doom.
    download.jpg
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Whatever is said the game is live and well people are not queues, so what.
    People are busy with story missions and leveling.
    99% of the people in the fleet I belong to are still leveling and upgrading.
    We have more people on playing and more people on TeamSpeak than last year time.
    Take a deep breath Dan S. said they operating cost in the bank to funding until 2018.

If you love the game op STOP posting doom.

Link to that statement please.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lets send Kirk & Spock back in time with an old BoP to save the whales. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey, when a self proclaimed whale says he's not dropping any more money on STO, its bad for sto, cause he's probably not the only one.

i assure you he isnt the only one.
    while unrelated to bannings or account losses, i too have completely cut off cryptics supply of my $.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    According to a rather recent rumor, one that has moved through the vine, the reason why Cryptic is slowly changing things is due to a massive population loss. As a result of nerfing and botching Delta Rising, Star Trek: Online has lost slightly over one third of the player base. If the public and private queues are of any indication, the rumor may actually have some kind of merit. I saw a slight population jump, during the start of the Mirror Universe event; however, the increase held for only a few days. Cryptic has been on damage control.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is only around the corner; thus, I am also getting ready to move onto something else. I am just waiting for some game reviews.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    According to a rather recent rumor, one that has moved through the vine, the reason why Cryptic is slowly changing things is due to a massive population loss. As a result of nerfing and botching Delta Rising, Star Trek: Online has lost slightly over one third of the player base. If the public and private queues are of any indication, the rumor may actually have some kind of merit. I saw a slight population jump, during the start of the Mirror Universe event; however, the increase held for only a few days. Cryptic has been on damage control.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is only around the corner; thus, I am also getting ready to move onto something else. I am just waiting for some game reviews.

Please point us to a place that mentions this "rather recent rumor"
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What rumor? the one you just started?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1288321
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i assure you he isnt the only one.
    while unrelated to bannings or account losses, i too have completely cut off cryptics supply of my $.

Same, effective since Oktober the 14th.

- My toons are 60 for the most part (rest will be doffed within a week).
    - All gear upgrades to mk14 are done (was expensive but doable after 2,5 years in game and build up recourses, quality enhancements are not worth the demands at all)
    - Toons have enough Delta Marks to fill that unnecessary reput (thx 2 mirror event)

There is nothing left to do even after 4 weeks into Delta Rising. Usually I’d get back to the fun parts of the game but at the current state. No thank you, there isn’t anything left.

There is no reason to get anything. And certainly no need to spend money on a broken game.

Here is to f2p!

Edit:
    Please point us to a place that mentions this "rather recent rumor"

For the past weeks mirror event is a good indicator like such events always have been. The normal mode should be the top incentive for basically everybody to play because of reward and various in game progresses.

I have been around quiet some time in STO and seen a few events like this one. The average numbers of participants is down to 1/4 which is a very bad sign about the state of the game.

If anybody at PWE or Cryptic cares and is sitting in brainstorming session atm about what to do there has been quiet a few hints in the forums the past weeks.

If they have enough satisfied customers around to make a living out of it when the remaining players currently stuck behind the level gates and dreaming about tier 6 ships and gear upgrades to cope with advanced and elite contend wake up I salute their accomplishment.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited November 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »

The thread where we find out the culprit is Steam and not Cryptic or PWE
    Your pain runs deep.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    venkou wrote: »

I can see what Cryptic is doing but I think their major mistake was to do too much and too soon.
    They did pretty nothing in the previous months and then … everything in few days.
    In few days' time, we have had new t6 ships, stuff expensively upgradable to epic levels , lvl 60 and a whole tree of specializations to fill in ... And people have started upgrading and burning their resources.
    All of this may not have shaken so much vets and very experienced players but it's probably have scared off a lot of casual players because it all came off as a huge grinding like never before.
    Wouldn't it better to start off with MK XIII , level 60 and pilot tree for example? And then introduce mk XIV and the intel tree.… and so on ?
    On top of that, the XP nerf which affects all players, also new ones .
    P58WJe7.jpg

• venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can see what Cryptic is doing but I think their major mistake was to do too much and too soon.
    I can agree with that perspective.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if they just made all the previous ships and lockbox ships equal to the new counterparts in every way that makes sense, and let us upgrade some stuff we own if we bought a fleet ship and left for example, i dont like being forced now, then everyone i know would come back. it's not good how it is now and i'd not pay to upgrade anything even if it was a dollar, i want my ships as good as the new ships, those ugly new ones. difficulty isn't fun either.

It's like if on Steam suddenly every game I bought, I had to pay 10 more dollars to play them again. **** that. Not to mention the upgrade itself still makes them suck.

And why the hell did they make the boots pointy? that there is enough to quit this.
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    seems to me the solution is simple, quit using steam.