test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

7200 Mia?

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
Did someone add an extra zero or is this the new dil drop rate?
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    some one added a zero it should be 720

quick run it until they hot fix it
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I foresee this stf being "unavailable" very soon.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wow, can't belief you did this
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have been hearing about this... I need to get my rep part.. But I dont want to be an "exploiter." :rolleyes:
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    edit: awful, awful post
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    *Charges Pulsewave*
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    If they don't fix this, they might just roll accounts back and then apologize for doing so and give everything back. Do we really want to go through that all over again? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    If they don't fix this, they might just roll accounts back and then apologize for doing so and give everything back. Do we really want to go through that all over again? :rolleyes:

If they do another rollback, everyone will quit having become quite tired of their BS, and then they'll lose their jobs. Do we really want to play this game of chicken?

The BS meter is already red-lined.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As much as I like the payout, I am too afraid to try to cash in on it.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    If they do another rollback, everyone will quit having become quite tired of their BS, and then they'll lose their jobs. Do we really want to play this game of chicken?

The BS meter is already red-lined.

Why would they? In the end they didn't punish people last time. Message: use of exploits is rewarded.
  • Options
    hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any bets on how long it will take them to shut it down? I'm guessing it will be either late tonight or tomorrow morning. Kudos to the OP for alerting the Devs on this and btw your signature is super cute.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Why would they? In the end they didn't punish people last time. Message: use of exploits is rewarded.

They didn't punish people last time?

What do you call the apocalyptic dilithium costs for upgrading tech?

What do you call the fact that elites still don't pay out nearly as much XP as they did before DR?

What do you think of them calling us all "exploiters" for taking advantage of a system they put in place?

What do you call the fact that we must all spend millions of dil just to get our gear *back to where it was* before DR?

I feel pretty punished. It's going to take me a while to start forgiving.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You would think that Cryptic would at least double check their numbers when changing Dil values.

I do agree that any more of their nonsense regarding rollbacks would just kill whatever recovery they made and get more people to quit
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Except in this case it would be very easy to rollback rewards from 1 particular stf since the patch time. Basically everyone that completes MIA since patch.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    trezlanlorentinotrezlanlorentino Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And its clearly an error, I mean its giving 7200 when its supposed to be giving 720. So if they roll back anything they'll just give you the 720, which is what you were supposed to get.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Any bets on how long it will take them to shut it down? I'm guessing it will be either late tonight or tomorrow morning. Kudos to the OP for alerting the Devs on this and btw your signature is super cute.

Thank you. My signature is from my role-playing group. We are furry and kitty friendly. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Omy

10/char

/300seconds
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think Cryptic is pretending to make a mistake while trolling us. MIA is insane, ugh.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    They didn't punish people last time?

What do you call the apocalyptic dilithium costs for upgrading tech?

What do you call the fact that elites still don't pay out nearly as much XP as they did before DR?

What do you think of them calling us all "exploiters" for taking advantage of a system they put in place?

What do you call the fact that we must all spend millions of dil just to get our gear *back to where it was* before DR?

I feel pretty punished. It's going to take me a while to start forgiving.

And yet the points were given back weren't they?

Oh sure the game in general is screwed, but the exploiters themselves got to keep their ill-gotten gains. Why should we expect any differently this time?
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is dam annoying when a error like this is made public. Ruins the fun for everybody. but at every party there is "that guy"

However with the whole fiasco around the xp farming/specialization gains and then roll backs and xp nerf. Like others have stated. I'm not taking advantage.

However to those of you who are gaining from this working as intended Cryptic Q&C error i hope everything you earn, you keep and good luck to you.

Gaining an advantage from someone else's weakness is not a exploit. its Rules of the Jungle baby.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And yet the points were given back weren't they?

Oh sure the game in general is screwed, but the exploiters themselves got to keep their ill-gotten gains. Why should we expect any differently this time?

Yes, the points were given back, in a desperate attempt to stem the tide of people quitting after becoming too fed up with Cryptic's BS. Judging by the number of people around today, it hasn't quite worked. Trying to pull something like that again would make bloody sure there wasn't anyone left.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    conspiracy hat on....

Not enough players were dropping the ludicrous sums of resources on the abomination of a gear upgrade system.

Devs deliberately set rewards on one Advanced queue that is insanely difficult to pay out 10x what it should, in an effort to entice everyone to have a go (but also safe in the knowledge that the majority of players will not be able to complete it and thus not get the reward).

The hope of the Devs is this... that players, seeing their own inadequacies in this mission, realise that they HAVE to upgrade their gear to remain competative and sink a load of RW$ to get there.

conspiracy hat off...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    conspiracy hat on....

Not enough players were dropping the ludicrous sums of resources on the abomination of a gear upgrade system.

Devs deliberately set rewards on one Advanced queue that is insanely difficult to pay out 10x what it should, in an effort to entice everyone to have a go (but also safe in the knowledge that the majority of players will not be able to complete it and thus not get the reward).

The hope of the Devs is this... that players, seeing their own inadequacies in this mission, realise that they HAVE to upgrade their gear to remain competative and sink a load of RW$ to get there.

conspiracy hat off...

That's pretty crazy man. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Way easier to flub a zero than have some kind of agenda.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    conspiracy hat on....

conspiracy hat off...

Yeah but the tradeoff is that doing so would allow the whales who already spend silly amounts of money on minmaxing their ship, they'll be able to farm this just fine and thus spend less money. And when they go assembly-line and start racking up huge amounts of dil, it'll get to the level of hundreds of dollars worth that they otherwise won't buy. Even with the mission design forcing it to take ~15 minutes regardless, it could still get out of hand very quickly. I'm just wondering if they're gonna bring down the whole game to fix it, or just pull that mission out of the queue till they can do so properly?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Now the question I have to ask is has anyone else completed this? Because this could be a masterful troll and if that is the case, I salute you!
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They best sort this out asap.

Tbh this is an blatant exploit and people know it.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just to be clear.. i don't actually believe my own conspiracy theory!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Or thats just what you want us to think they want you to think. I think.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014

*fires hypno beam at jackal* Now you will, muhahaha

I'm betting they pull it today. But it would be an epic trip if it's not true and no one knows because they can't win on advanced.
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    They best sort this out asap.

Tbh this is an blatant exploit and people know it.

unfortunately that won't stop them from complaining and yelling "nerf!!!!!" at the top of their lungs, and claiming that its only called an exploit after the fact when its eventually fixed

you know the devs must be completely perfect super-beings since everything works absolutely as intended and therefore any precieved "mistake" could only be on purpose and thus no exploit :cool: