test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OK the pet nerf went too far the other way

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
a single frigate in mirror invasion killed the Aquarius in about 10 seconds.

seriously, an andorian 10 year old with a spitball can crush the hull now
Spock.jpg

Post edited by vetteguy904 on

Comments

• Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah! Working as intended... :D
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's been like that since the great XP leveling Nerfing of 10/22 :mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Funny, pet nerf is not in the patch notes...

And wasn't due for 2 - 3 weeks.....
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's been like that since the great XP leveling Nerfing of 10/22 :mad:

We shall never forget the Great XP Slaughter of 10/22. *takes off hat*

The nerfing will continue until morale improves.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The sad part is besides romulan drone frigates and maybe even mesh weavers because of apb3 the rest of the pets were quite bad.

I tried using Fer'Jai Frigate the other day they did less then 1k dps each and even worse less then 3% of their damage was from their dual cannons 70% was from turrets and 27% from torpedos.

I tried the fighters but they were worse because they popped right away.

So it was already pets that did't use beams were useless.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    Funny, pet nerf is not in the patch notes...

And wasn't due for 2 - 3 weeks.....

Forum hysteria will do that...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Forum hysteria will do that...

It's like a reverse placebo. Fear of a nerf will cause it to happen in a player's mind.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well...

I posted my pet hull numbers a few days ago and it was around 52k. After todays maintenance my pet health is now down to around 38k. My ship hull was the same as it was in both tests, and i even went back to the same patrol system i did the tests in.

EDIT: the date i did my other tests was 2 days ago, i redid the test just as servers came up today because i was going to answer a post. And that is when i noticed that the health was a lot lower.

11/04 pet health with no stars was 52280 hull
    11/06 pet health with no stars is 38716 hull
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That would be the Point Defense power that they all(?) get. It murders frigates and fighters.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Well...

I posted my pet hull numbers a few days ago and it was around 52k. After todays maintenance my pet health is now down to around 38k. My ship hull was the same as it was in both tests, and i even went back to the same patrol system i did the tests in.

Early stealth nerf perhaps? I dunno.
  • Options
    bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    STO the only game you need Health Insurance before you login every day.:(
  • Options
    mavfinmavfin Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a feeling pet nerf went hand-in-hand with the critter hp nerf, because they may have used the same difficulty tables.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mavfin wrote: »
    I have a feeling pet nerf went hand-in-hand with the critter hp nerf, because they may have used the same difficulty tables.

Actually, now you say it.... I did see somewhere that our pets were using the NPC tables, hence the incoming nerf.

So, as the NPC tables were changed, that could be an indirect nerf - perhaps the Devs will see and not do there nerf as pets took a hit with this patch.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pet nerf hasn't happened yet. Please read the notes before starting mass hysteria.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actually, now you say it.... I did see somewhere that our pets were using the NPC tables, hence the incoming nerf.

So, as the NPC tables were changed, that could be an indirect nerf - perhaps the Devs will see and not do there nerf as pets took a hit with this patch.

It would be funny if with the NPC tables updated, the pet change became a buff. If so, Cryptic should have spun it that way.

Y'Know, "We're going to be nerfing NPCs so that when we tie pets to player stats, the net effectiveness of pets will be buffed."
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Pet nerf hasn't happened yet. Please read the notes before starting mass hysteria.
    Be read the entire thread before making a canned response.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Or they may have to re-examine all pet health as a result of todays patch. My Vesta has 52k hull at 60 and scaled to 60. My Advanced Runabout with zero stars still has 38k hull at 60 scaled to 60. If some level 60s with advanced scorpions or swarmers can go to a planet where they are scaled to 60 we can use those as comparisons to my figures.

I do think that pet health needs to be lowered a bit. BUT they need to fricking do something about the stupid pet AI or the AOE spam we have to deal with. I was probably like 3/4 of the way to buying a JHDC for my main tac but my alts that had a Karfi, Obelisk and Atrox just had such a poor playing experience that i stopped saving up for the JHDC.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mavfin wrote: »

This may be the case. Also, were you playing one on normal and one on advanced? The scaling to 60 is much more than at 50 for the pets.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I posted the pre DR stats and sadly the stats haven't changed. So I have no idea what this leveling bs is. I can tell you everything dies before a shot is fired now. So they have 0 survivability and 0 DPS. I guess I wont have to worry about the nerf because they cant get much worse.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    johngazman wrote: »

Post #9 i had info backing up the OPs claim. So yah...

For people wondering here is the link to my other post.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20465231&postcount=12

11/06/2014 my stats were as follows:

Level 60 scaled to level 50 (undine space BZ)

T5U Vesta
    36967 hull

Advanced Danubes
    0 stars 21217 hull
    1 star (wasnt paying attention so i didnt get it)
    2 stars 21557 hull
    3 stars 21727 hull
    4 stars 21896 hull
    5 stars 22066 hull

level 60 and scaled to level 60 (DQ patrol)

T5U Vesta
    52627 hull

Advanced Danubes
    0 stars 52280 hull
    1 star 52698 hull
    2 stars 53116 hull
    3 stars 53534 hull
    4 stars 53953 hull
    5 stars 54371 hull

11/06/2014 today, roughly 1 hour after servers came back up. I was about to reply to another pet health post when i noticed that my pet health was lower. I even went to the same DQ patrol system that i tested 2 days ago.

level 60 and scaled to level 60 (DQ patrol)

T5U Vesta
    52627 hull

Advanced Danubes
    0 stars 38716 hull
    1 star 39026 hull
    2 stars 39336 hull
    3 stars 39646 hull
    4 stars 39955 hull
    5 stars 40265 hull
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    there HP is going to be nerfed specifically if you run advance and normal as there HP is tied into enemy NPC tables

the whole reason for the upcoming nerf is because they run off these tables sooo sense enemy leveling is lower so will pets unless you are on elite
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Well...

EDIT: the date i did my other tests was 2 days ago, i redid the test just as servers came up today because i was going to answer a post. And that is when i noticed that the health was a lot lower.

11/04 pet health with no stars was 52280 hull
    11/06 pet health with no stars is 38716 hull

Just checked the Danubes on my Vesta and exactly the same. From 52k yesterday to 38k today. Oh well, was nice having pets that lasted more than a few seconds for a while there.
  • Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For you "Carrier" commanders...

New to this class of ship, (just in time for the upcoming "adjustments", yay). Have been running
    trials in "Patrols", "Que's", "STF's", "Sector Alerts", etc.. After reading many posts saying that
    "Warp Core Explosions" are the most common cause of... Uhgg, "Pet" (how about "TSC's",
    Tactical Shuttle Craft???, anything but "Pets", right, ah-umm), losses I paid special attention to
    trying to avoid them. After deploying (40-60) of them, Ive only lost (1) to said explosions. It
    seems as long as I am moving away from the blast at speed, they tend to follow and avoid it as well.

Using the "Narcine" Carrier with "Elite" craft, set for "Intercept". Playing at "normal" setting.
    Seeing as they do appreciable damage, and have good survivability (have suffered maybe 20%
    losses overall), can I assume everything is in the "Difficulty Setting". I do'nt see myself as all
    that good.

Thanks.

BCW. :)
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    good let them nerf bat STO into Oblivion.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If these readouts are accurate then IMO it is absolutely imperative given the AI issues, that no further nerfing be done to the carrier pets unless we are given something of equal value in return, such as improved ability to evade AOE's (including warp core breaches) or the ability for ALL carrier pilots to buff their pets simultaneously to buffing their own hulls. Even if they want to just make that function on defensive buffs only that would at least give us SOME chance for our carriers not to be nerfed into oblivion.

Cryptic has made it so we cannot afford to invest in new ships or builds reasonably. If they take what we have left, then I think there will be many carrier pilots who are likely to make the choice to just leave. :-/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    If these readouts are accurate then IMO it is absolutely imperative given the AI issues, that no further nerfing be done to the carrier pets unless we are given something of equal value in return, such as improved ability to evade AOE's (including warp core breaches) or the ability for ALL carrier pilots to buff their pets simultaneously to buffing their own hulls. Even if they want to just make that function on defensive buffs only that would at least give us SOME chance for our carriers not to be nerfed into oblivion.

Cryptic has made it so we cannot afford to invest in new ships or builds reasonably. If they take what we have left, then I think there will be many carrier pilots who are likely to make the choice to just leave. :-/

Whoa whoa whoa dude, the HP of Carrier pets is exactly what it was before DR. Don't freak out!

They just undid the bug that the Carrier pets were tied to the difficulty that you played in. Don't worry; I'm sure that they will have an "Epic" pet cadre coming out after they do the retroactive nerf.

One could argue that a retroactive pet nerf is not necessary after they fixed the previously mentioned bug, but they certainly didn't mess with the pets willingly. They just fixed a bug.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is not a case of different data from normal to elite. These screen shots are taken in sol system. Since this applies to the mvam in these screen shots there can be no confusion with the star leveling system.

Before the patch of 11/6
    http://i.imgur.com/EWK9fzS.png

After Patch
    http://i.imgur.com/VTejHHT.png

There was a scaling bug and it was corrected for the mvam parts. There was no reason for my pets to have that much more hull then my own.

They are doing sweeping changes. They may not have touched all pets at once.

Some were definitely changed.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa dude, the HP of Carrier pets is exactly what it was before DR. Don't freak out!

They just undid the bug that the Carrier pets were tied to the difficulty that you played in. Don't worry; I'm sure that they will have an "Epic" pet cadre coming out after they do the retroactive nerf.

One could argue that a retroactive pet nerf is not necessary after they fixed the previously mentioned bug, but they certainly didn't mess with the pets willingly. They just fixed a bug.

One can argue, but until we have a statement to that effect then I'm afraid we have to assume that the proverbial sword continues to hang over our carriers and that there will be further nerfs coming. :-/

I hope, though, that someone from Cryptic will speak up and officially put that notion to rest. Until then--yeah, I am worried about my ship being rendered useless.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    One can argue, but until we have a statement to that effect then I'm afraid we have to assume that the proverbial sword continues to hang over our carriers and that there will be further nerfs coming. :-/

I hope, though, that someone from Cryptic will speak up and officially put that notion to rest. Until then--yeah, I am worried about my ship being rendered useless.

Well to be fair, you don't "have to" assume anything. It's all a matter of perspective really. If you want to think the devs are doing this on purpose to make things harder for carriers, that's your prerogative.

However, I will say this; never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance. :P
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Although I will be upset if a second nerf comes along--it is a bit too far to suggest that the devs are hateful. Even when I have been angriest at them, when I have had the most problems with their decisions, that's a bridge too far. They would, however, be making a severe miscalculation that would ruin carriers if they did apply a second nerf after this one.

For the time being what we have is the existence of two separate statements--one referring to NPC nerfing, which we have seen come through today, and a separate one referring to upcoming changes about carrier pets, which in theory were weeks away.

Unless we receive official confirmation that the carrier changes occurred early due to NPC scaling and there will be no further changes, then we can only know that one of the two messages has been followed through on and have to assume the second remains in play.

I would certainly like to hear contrary, that the additional pet nerf is now off the table. But there is definitely going to have to be an official statement to clear that up.