test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's Left Behind

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
In the midst of the Delta Quadrant conflict, Voyager has picked up an unidentified object. Read more about our team's report.

Check out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did they find...

... a nerf hammer? ;)

J/k obviously :P
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh, no ! By the gods, they found an Ancient Discoball ! Destroy it now, before it has a chance to replicate itself ! :eek::D
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sciencey missions are always nice, feel more like classical Trek. The design with the circles-within-circles is certainly reminiscent of Solanae tech but not quite. Doesn't seem quite Iconian either though; maybe another servitor race.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Does this mean we'll be getting new story content soon?
  • Options
    cyraxredcyraxred Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmm....Was wondering...maybe i missed the episode, book, wiki :P or blog...but who was the Race/s who stopped the Iconians??? Maybe they are also lurking in the shadows??
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Pfft! It's clearly a hamster ball for transdimensional Iconian hamsters!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Actually, what has been left behind is a sour taste in my mouth concerning the silence of almost every mod / community chief concerning a certain moderator who apparently likes to close threads in Ten Forward. Sorry mates, but it's yet again a step, although a little one, in yet again, the wrong direction.
  • Options
    cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now you do realize you've pre-blown sheldonlcooper's mind, do you?
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Actually, what has been left behind is a sour taste in my mouth concerning the silence of almost every mod / community chief concerning a certain moderator who apparently likes to close threads in Ten Forward. Sorry mates, but it's yet again a step, although a little one, in yet again, the wrong direction.

If you are unhappy with decisions taken by the forum mods and wish to speak to someone on the community team regarding actions taken, please file a community support ticket here.
  • Options
    albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's a trap!

(Insert photo of Akbar here)
    Galactic Horde.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    If you are unhappy with decisions taken by the forum mods and wish to speak to someone on the community team regarding actions taken, please file a community support ticket here.
    Already done, mate.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Oh, no ! By the gods, they found an Ancient Discoball ! Destroy it now, before it has a chance to replicate itself ! :eek::D

Must.....resist.....the party.... ;)

Because we like to party... :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    Does this mean we'll be getting new story content soon?

It means we are getting another dev blog.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I already read the leak on what this is. Its part of a new event that takes 90 days to complete and you get that thing as an item and its got a 7 day doff project that requires 100k dilithium and if it completes after a week it gives you a whole 1 skill point.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Damn it, there goes my evening.

Eh, not a whole lot to say about this right now. Not much actual information in this dev blog. I guess it's a good hint that there will be more story content coming sooner than later, which is nice.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sciencey missions are always nice, feel more like classical Trek. The design with the circles-within-circles is certainly reminiscent of Solanae tech but not quite. Doesn't seem quite Iconian either though; maybe another servitor race.

Seems like the Xindi weapon to me. Maybe it's the Sphere Builders?
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did they find 'Trendy Loot'? Or was it the U.S.S. Nerfbatistar? :D
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Here's you new captain. :cool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFkbPtOwt-w
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cruzist wrote: »
    Now you do realize you've pre-blown sheldonlcooper's mind, do you?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me0ifi6ByR1rrje9w.gif
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not going to say Iconians.

Nah, I am. Iconians. Iconians everywhere. After all, why give the one already in-game a snazzy new skin if not to show it off in upcoming content?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it is a play toy for our new kitties.

But it was built by an iconian servitor race.

If you activate one at first it appears as nothing more than a double radius disco sphere that makes men do the nerve tonic dance and women fall in love with the nearest gorn and try to impress them with their mastery of break dancing.

However, if anyone has a vanity pet cat active in the area of effect, it transforms into a horrible monster:
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As much as I appreciate those dev blogs I would prefer to have such information in-game. Even if was only a short mission like "go there and speak to this officer".
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate those dev blogs I would prefer to have such information in-game. Even if was only a short mission like "go there and speak to this officer".
    Or actually have these log entries and communiques be accessible from our ship's ready room.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Course not, it's a time capsule full of bug tickets. :P

Holy TRIBBLE, man! It's a Cryptic bug bomb! Nanites are friendly compared to those things!

If it goes off here, the bugs inside would cause everything thing to go haywire! You legs will become invisible, your uniform will clip, the Phaser lance will become askew, your system tray will constantly drop your abilities... the ship may end-up going past the system wall into memory buffers of the game engine; just hope it doesn't overflow or you'll be more lost than Voyager was!

Beam it off the ship and destroy it immediately then go to warp! NOW! XD
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »

I believe this is a setup for just that. The content isn't getting released yet but if you take what Geko said before, DR should have a solid 20 more missions coming, released as a trickle. The surprise here for me is that it seems like we might be continuing to interact with some of the Voyager cast. I figured they were all done.

Even if it's just Harry Kim and Tuvok, that's a plus.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's obviously an Iconian reproductive device. :eek: