test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where did ARC put the game?

Didn't know what other subforum to put this.

I was in the game at launch, played for quite a while, and then I've played on and off again ever since. It's been a while now, and to reinstall the game I had to get ARC.

I was a late comer to Steam, for two reasons. The first being that you could only install Steam to c:/Program Files/ and the second being that games were installed in the Steam folder, on your c: drive. My c: is only for Windows, and I have a seperate hard drive for games. This is very important to me.

Steam has since changed. I can now install Steam anywhere I want, and install each game where I want. Obviously, I wasn't the only one having problem with how Steam worked.

Now, enter ARC. Can you guess what my problem with it is? Exactly. It installs into Program Files, and only dog knows where they put the games.

It's the last bit that's my problem. I love being creative with this game, making signatures, comics and other things from screenshots, and playing around and making videos of /demorecord.

But I can't find where ARC has installed the game, so can't find the screenshot folder.. :( It's not in the Perfect World Entertainment folder in Program Files - that folder is only 90Mb. I've searched and searched and searched, and it's nowhere to be found...

I'm not going to ask why Cryptic forces me to use this POS piece of bloatware to play their game, but can anyone at least tell me where it installed the bloody game?
Post edited by norbob76 on

Comments

• genesisdvsngenesisdvsn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Were ever you installed Arc, find arcs files and the STO files should be in there, maybe under Perfect World or Star Trek Online cant quiet remember.
    Official Joining Date Feb 2010.
  • norbob76norbob76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »
    I'll admit I didn't read the whole thing but it looked like your looking for your install path?
    Right click the sto.exe launcher and check your properities

You should have read the whole thing. Game is run through ARC, so I don't have any sto.exe to check properties on.
    Were ever you installed Arc, find arcs files and the STO files should be in there, maybe under Perfect World or Star Trek Online cant quiet remember.

I suspect you didn't read it either.

The Perfect World folder is 90Mb. It's not in there. There is no Star Trek Online folder anywhere.
    edited November 2014
    Well i have no idea then, because when i installed Arc, then installed STO from ARC, the game was in ARC's folder. Sorry i couldnt be of any help.
    edited November 2014
    This is a fresh install of Windows 8, and the Program Files folder is only 4Gb. I assume the game is larger than 4Gb. With that, I have to conclude that the game is not in the Program Files folder at all.

I have googled it, but can't find any answer of where ARC installs games.
    edited November 2014
    You can just downlaod the loader from the forums and install it as normal, and not even bother with Arc as i have and many others.

I didnt like Arc hence why i removed it.
    edited November 2014
    http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe Not sure if your interested, but there is the link for the loader, its an official link from a dev.
    edited November 2014
    The game has to be there, since I can run it and play it.

But guess what, I found it! I made a systemwide search for Trek, and found it.

For some weird reason, ARC installed the game inside my Steam folder. I'm confused right now as to why, but I'm glad I found it....

:P
    edited November 2014
    norbob76 wrote: »
    The game has to be there, since I can run it and play it.

But guess what, I found it! I made a systemwide search for Trek, and found it.

For some weird reason, ARC installed the game inside my Steam folder. I'm confused right now as to why, but I'm glad I found it....

:P

Glad you found it, happy hunting.