test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing a New Team Member, Adamanteus!

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome aboard Aaron !!

Jolan'Tru ! Live Long and Prosper, Quapla !

Dont let them make you wear th "Redshirt" :D

Good Luck with the new job. I really enjoy this game.

Got any fresh ideas for the game ? I know you've just started but have you seen anything here that you think you can improve ?
    Just wondering if you've got any ideas kicking around based on what youve seen thus far ?
    (Even if its just "ideas" a this point) I wouldnt mind hearing some of your thoughts, and ideas
    :D

Welcome aboard brother
    \\//_
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome PWE PM good to see upper management has finally sent us a feedback person. This way our own feedback will get some feedback to and from all the divisions there at PWE. Nice and thanks for helping all STO players as we're going to need it! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congrats on your new position. I look forward to seeing more interaction from you.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome and Good Luck sir :D

So are you going to make crafting and such a little but more scaled and a little less resource intensive? and a little less hard to level maybe?

So are when are we going to see all of the items that Cryptic has mentioned over time? (Secondary Deflectors, Ships, Bug Fixes?)
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome.

Please have yourself added to the Dev Tracker so we can properly stalk you. :)

Good luck.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome! :D

Do you pvp?
    if yes, welcome.
    If no, i couldn't care less about you.

good luck in managing this (dying) game. :cool:
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh you poor poor person. I hope you have a deent health plan you are going to need it, we can be a little testy when we are pushed.

On the upside welcome.
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congratulations on your new, but increadibly difficult position. I do appreciate that PWE and Cryptic are giving more information and start to show that you are listening. Keep that up!
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello, hope you brought your hardhat :D
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A PWE appointed overseer?

If that were true, surely he would be 'pwedarthadamanteusssss' (silent darth, sibulant s's) That isnt the case now.. Is it?? :)
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi, I hope you brought your Doom-proof pants.

Also tell Smirk that you need to be added to the Devtracker.

Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am the newest addition to the Star Trek Online team here at PWE. I've very recently taken on the role of Product Manager.
    Nice to meet you, Aaron, you're a brave man. :)
    In the meantime, if you have questions for/about me feel free to reply to this post. I'll grab a few of the good questions and answer them in between all of the work being done for STO.
    My only feed back at this point would be to see what can be done with the debacle that is the loadout system. Take a good read thru this thread - I personally have not had many loadout-related problems, mainly because I've never even tried to use it, but it sure seems like it is badly flawed.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    welcome to the team and the game, and I'd take up juggling as a hobby, it will come in really handy ;)

Rob
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did a whole bunch of people just leave Cryptic, or was there a coup d'etat?
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    genemorph wrote: »
    Did a whole bunch of people just leave Cryptic, or was there a coup d'etat?

They decided to start using the Klingon method of getting promoted.
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    They decided to start using the Klingon method of getting promoted.

Musical chairs?
  • wudwaenwudwaen Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a Product Manager I would like to know exactly what you are going to do for me and those of my friends who are angry with Delta Rising. I asked during a live broadcast before DR went live what was being done to make certain STO did not become pay to win. I was ignored. Then DR came out as a pay to be successful release.
    1. In previous updates the traits from reputation were restructured to nerf the power of the players. But the content of STFs, such as the Breach, was not. The Spire STF has never been functional for a 5 man team, and should be ten man, or reduced in difficulty. Are you going to correct these?
    2. My characters who had max crafting woke up one morning to find they had received a lobotamy. What are you going to do to get us full credit for the crafting we had already accomplished?
    3. We were told the Advanced STFs would be the same as the old Elite STFs. That has turned out to be Hogwash. How long until the Advanced STFs give us the same rewards the old Elite STFs used to for the same challenge?
    4. Delta Rising, as with All Other STO releases, treats non-Federation factions as subordinate minorities with a racism equalling Apartheid. As an example, the Romulans do not have one real science ship T1-T5. There are science leaning tactical and engineering style ships, but not one real science vessel. The Klingons still have only one science vessel acquired from the Gorn. When will all the factions be treated equally? After all, Human Rights is a self-centered egotistical and racist concept.
    5. Speaking of racism, is the limitation on raising all ships to T6 merely to ensure we cannot express the culturally affiliated content of lower tiers to be capable of end-game content - to further eliminate Role Play?
    6. Role play has been under attack for sometime, refusing to allow ships to have interiors etc. Will that policy be changed?
    7. What is being done to reduce the grind in the game and improve the content to be story driven with values that reflect the philosophy and heritage Gene Roddenberry inspired?
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. ~ Cecil Beaton
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Players are investors many put a lot of money and time into the game.
    We also invest into ships, equipment, and ETC mainly because how we can use it.

1. How will you insure that players feel safe to invest into the game and safe guard players current investments.

2. New players who are looking at STO also need to feel safe before playing and paying.

3. Players need to feel safe playing the game, the current leveling controversy has left people worried. How will you help people feel safe to play repeatable content because they rep marks, dilithium or ETC. Many in the community don't feel it should be up to players to judge something working as intended or not.
    download.jpg
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello STO Players and Community!

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am the newest addition to the Star Trek Online team here at PWE. I've very recently taken on the role of Product Manager.

I want to say that I'm very excited to join the team, interact with all of you, and hopefully help everyone make STO even greater than it already is.

I want to thank all of you for your feedback and support for STO.

In the meantime, if you have questions for/about me feel free to reply to this post. I'll grab a few of the good questions and answer them in between all of the work being done for STO.

Thanks and great to meet you all!

Aaron "Adamanteus" Biedma
    Product Manager
    Star Trek Online

Welcome!

I would like to ask you what your thoughts are for the game going forward.

I think hearing directly from the Cryptic Team about the direction the game is going would be a positive step in establishing a two-way communication and better relationship with your customers.

Thank you,

Zeus
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wudwaen wrote: »
    As a Product Manager I would like to know <SNIP>
    [/LIST]

Dude that would have been hard enough to read alone, why the heck did ya use the BOLD option?

My eyes glossed over right about where I quoted you from.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi are u in charge of the pain booths if so can you please put smirk in it or who ever thought 300 sec between posts.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daveyny,

Quote from your sig
    "...............I'd give good money to be able to converse every 150 Seconds..."

Don't give them any ideas here! UGH... I can see a new Z-Store token coming...

Forum Token (50% posting cooldown reduction) 700 Zen

4 pack only 2000 Zen

:D

Zeus
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To be fair, I think Gold members should have a shorter posting timer. It should be one of the Gold perks - as there are so few - assuming this 300 second thing is permanent.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2014
    Hey, my question is : When we can see a Balance between the old and new power , the pvp at this state make ppl rage quit, the new intel stuff is almost totaly broken, even with a fix on thoose things it is extremly unbalanced.

Plus another things unbalanced KDF FED or ROMULAN starship Trait , ship console, bridge officer trait(superior operative VS efficient ??) and faction intel ships (5 fed 2 rom 2kdf) thats dont help the balance ...

I play mainly KDF and i noticed all the federation ships can cloak in PVP, fed have a couple of advantage but first they have the tachion detection field and KDF not, it will be cool if KDF can access to this console.

I hope somone see it, cause i want help to balance the gameplay in pvp !

@nebulgamnezar aprox 444 days, 209 hours, 731 minutes, 780 seconds
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16715151&postcount=1

Sry for my bad english !
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    To be fair, I think Gold members should have a shorter posting timer. It should be one of the Gold perks - as there are so few - assuming this 300 second thing is permanent.

I'd be willing to bet that gold members on the whole are less satisfied and less even tempered.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ah, welcome to the Mental Asylum!

And by Asylum, I mean looking after Cryptic, of course...

You'll have to forgive some of the forum outbursts, however, it is a naturally occurring phenomenon from playing a game, made by members of a Mental Asylum. ;)

Which hat do you wear:

The one that is in charge of the PR disasters?

Or,

The one that will be creating new ways to monetize the game?

In either case, you have an uphill battle that none of use relish..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Um... this may be a stupid question... but what is the difference between the "product manager" and "executive producer" positions?
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A product manager investigates, selects, and drives the development of products for an organization, performing the activities of product management.

A product manager considers numerous factors such as intended demographic, the products offered by the competition, and how well the product fits with the company's business model.

So you're the whalebait/lockbox guy? I'm generally curious how your position will effect the game.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    atomictiki wrote: »
    So you're the whalebait/lockbox guy? I'm generally curious how your position will effect the game.

I think that would be within his job description, sure. But maybe somebody should link that ExtraCredits video here with its case for pursuing more average size fish and converting a larger percentage of players into penny ante players rather than going all Ahab hunting whales to extinction.
  • nbsjdnbsjd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome,

You have Boldly Trekked into a strange new world. This world has two main races Those who are loyal to this ip and the defenders of the content creators. These two races are currently in an epic civil war.

The White Knights of the defenders have taken a beating as of late and have pulled back from the front lines.

The Loyalists are pressing on all fronts, using such weapons as logic and common sense.

If your mission is to build a lasting peace you already have the backing of the White Knights, The
    Loyalists will be a much much harder sale. However they aren't without reason and eagerly look forward to open communications.

If there was anything nearing a list of demands it would read something like this.

Communicate

Bring the rewards to on par with the effort.

Look at the Stf's If we are going to do advanced we need the drops to make the rep sets, but we have to do the advanced to get the drops but can't cause we don't have the drops to make the gear. ( dear gods that runs in circles)

Some public relations training for Dev's.

most importantly BRING BACK THE FUN.