test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Introducing a New Team Member, Adamanteus!

Comments

• Options
    hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome Adamanteus. Since I can't tell what you do by your title and was further confused by your vague explanation of what you do, I'm going to pretend you're in charge of the Zen store. So my questions would be:
    Can you please lower all of the prices in the store? $5 Respecs are excessive don't ya think? Also, I would think with the release of T6 ships, all T5 ships in the store would get a significant price drop, will that happen?
    And lastly, is it possible to have more of a general focus on promoting c-store sales and new items in the store instead of the current focus on lock box gambling? I'm happy to buy things I know I'll receive for my money, but not so much into gambling for something I want.

Thanks,

MewyMewy@hausofmartok
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Welcome!!!!!

...I lol'd, given Kovu's "We're having steak tonight!" expression as you say welcome.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The question should be what do we not do. We have many hats that we put on and change even minute to minute. We interface with all of the different teams/departments to get stuff done, do a lot of game and data analysis, and keep the bio-neural gel packs in their optimum efficiency so to speak. Plus a lot more of top of all of that.

See... now I have a vision of you as the Mad Hatter...with claws.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Given the last weeks, this name can easily be misunderstood as a declaration of war towards the community.

I hope that it really is just misunderstoodable...

Wow. What an unnecessarily passive-inflammatory thing to say.

Watch out for the FOX News of forum posters here, folks.
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    See... now I have a vision of you as the Mad Hatter...with claws.

O.o http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/261/e/7/the_evil_mad_hatter_by_slyfoxliz-d5f56fo.jpg
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    caylenr wrote: »
    Wow. What an unnecessarily passive-inflammatory thing to say.

Watch out for the FOX News of forum posters here, folks.

I don't know...

I had a support ticket get escalated to someone named "Retribution" with an attitude to match. There could be some truth to it, lol...
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now I know, now I know.

Not sure what it is called in english, but in German we call this what Adamanteus is either Lehrling or Azubi. :D
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello new hire!

Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the locations of the emergency equipment, especially the emergency flame suit lockers. Be aware that although your uniform is resistant to bile and vitriol well above industry standards, it is not invulnerable. We encourage you to step into the forums frequently despite this, as oddly enough, it is the only known way to keep the levels manageable.

Feel free to be honest and blunt with us, but remember to keep within the bounds of tact. We're a surprisingly civil group when we don't feel like we're being lied to or slighted somehow. Most of all, we're human just like you (presumably). All we ask from you and all the devs is to be treated as such.

In all seriousness, welcome, and please don't be afraid of us. I know we can be a lot to handle. Sorry in advance if we offend you.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First off, welcome. Try not to let the forums scare you too much….

Secondly, I appreciate the direction the team is attempting to go towards increasing communication with the player base. A lot of unnecessary fires can be put out before they rage with a little communication.

Lastly, can we do something about the 300 second wait time between posts?

Again, welcome! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We are absolutely aware of the issue and the developers have been looking into the problem. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on hand to give out. Hopefully we'll have some better news for you soon but don't quote me on that quite yet.

OH NOES, HE JUST DUMPPED THE WHOLE BUCKET OF SHARK-BAIT IN THE WATER!!!

<chuckle>

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    OH NOES, HE JUST DUMPPED THE WHOLE BUCKET OF SHARK-BAIT IN THE WATER!!!

<chuckle>

*adds shark bait into quotes next too...*

Feds will never get carriers...

Oh gosh I forget the rest but just think of something and then insert KDF and I will sign it.
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My concerns since DR launched have become the drop in players doing the elite ques and the across the board drops in dilithium rewards. I don't have metrics or hard data but, subjectively, I'm not seeing many people playing the new difficulties beyond a relatively small group of heavy DPS players.

I'm geared pretty decent on my mains from each faction and have pretty decent piloting skills/tactics. I could regularly get on and find pug groups from one of the STF channels. Doing so now, if a group is even forming, has become a nightmare. Content has become gear-based to an extreme level and that gear can only be gotten from reduced dilithium rewards. I'm not playing more, I'm playing less and playing my alts has become almost pointless. I can't possibly gear them all for the content.

My two questions are:

1.) Even considering my subjective point of view, is the drop in players on the STF ques being noticed/discussed and;

2.) Has there been any discussion about the dilithium rewards being too steep a cut?

With all due respect, and I can only speak for myself here, my playing or further investing in STO depends a lot on the answers. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, however.

And congrats on the new position. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My concerns since DR launched have become the drop in players doing the elite ques and the across the board drops in dilithium rewards. I don't have metrics or hard data but, subjectively, I'm not seeing many people playing the new difficulties beyond a relatively small group of heavy DPS players.

I'm geared pretty decent on my mains from each faction and have pretty decent piloting skills/tactics. I could regularly get on and find pug groups from one of the STF channels. Doing so now, if a group is even forming, has become a nightmare. Content has become gear-based to an extreme level and that gear can only be gotten from reduced dilithium rewards. I'm not playing more, I'm playing less and playing my alts has become almost pointless. I can't possibly gear them all for the content.

My two questions are:

1.) Even considering my subjective point of view, is the drop in players on the STF ques being noticed/discussed and;

2.) Has there been any discussion about the dilithium rewards being too steep a cut?

With all due respect, and i can only speak for myself here, my playing or further investing in STO depends a lot on the answers. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, however.

And congrats on the new position. :)

Have you seen these posts earlier today?

- http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1285991
    - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1285981
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Hello new hire!

Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the locations of the emergency equipment, especially the emergency flame suit lockers. Be aware that although your uniform is resistant to bile and vitriol well above industry standards, it is not invulnerable. We encourage you to step into the forums frequently despite this, as oddly enough, it is the only known way to keep the levels manageable.

Feel free to be honest and blunt with us, but remember to keep within the bounds of tact. We're a surprisingly civil group when we don't feel like we're being lied to or slighted somehow. Most of all, we're human just like you (presumably). All we ask from you and all the devs is to be treated as such.

In all seriousness, welcome, and please don't be afraid of us. I know we can be a lot to handle. Sorry in advance if we offend you.

STO minion here... ba-nan-naaaa

• Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited November 2014

first off all: WELLCOME
    Yeah make sure you guys don't mess up by pushing the rewards too less

I mean with DR we got a HUGE nerv to DIL rewards on borg STFs
    so if you buff those again make em HIGHER than before the nerv or your whole argumentation
    falls

oh can you please remove that 300S waiting time to post? it is REALLY annoyn

[# remove 300s CD]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    first off all: WELLCOME
    Yeah make sure you guys don't mess up by pushing the rewards too less

I mean with DR we got a HUGE nerv to DIL rewards on borg STFs
    so if you buff those again make em HIGHER than before the nerv or your whole argumentation
    falls

oh can you please remove that 300S waiting time to post? it is REALLY annoyn

[# remove 300s CD]
    The 300 delay is actually intentional, to help condense the amount of multiple-threads-for-the-same-topic that pretty much always crop up.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    ciranferaciranfera Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2014

In the meantime, if you have questions for/about me feel free to reply to this post. I'll grab a few of the good questions and answer them in between all of the work being done for STO.

Thanks and great to meet you all!

Aaron "Adamanteus" Biedma
    Product Manager
    Star Trek Online

Welcome, I have a couple questions.

1: Have you worked on other MMO styled games before?
    2: Will you ever consider releasing the Typhoon [a ship] to the players after all these years?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I dont think Adamanteus is the boss of PWE/Cryptic. So HE cant change something in game.

He is the same minion next to Smirk and Trendy.

So, can I have a Dev console?
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The question should be what do we not do. We have many hats that we put on and change even minute to minute. We interface with all of the different teams/departments to get stuff done, do a lot of game and data analysis, and keep the bio-neural gel packs in their optimum efficiency so to speak. Plus a lot more of top of all of that.

Ahhhh, so you're the one who's supposed to keep each team from getting into its own little information silo?

Now that could potentially be useful, as my outsider's impression has been of some silo-ing (to make up a word) going on.

And welcome!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice to meet you, hope you don't get flamed too hard when the server hamsters die and need to be replaced every Thursday.
    Beware of Worffan!

and me and him combined in one thread :D

Yeah, we're a bit of a handful, but it's all in good fun. :)

More seriously, don't say anything about the KDF unless it's to give them something that the Feds don't already have or to generically praise the Klingon species and KDF players. We have some hard-core grognards on here.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello STO Players and Community!

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am the newest addition to the Star Trek Online team here at PWE. I've very recently taken on the role of Product Manager.

I want to say that I'm very excited to join the team, interact with all of you, and hopefully help everyone make STO even greater than it already is.

I want to thank all of you for your feedback and support for STO.

In the meantime, if you have questions for/about me feel free to reply to this post. I'll grab a few of the good questions and answer them in between all of the work being done for STO.

Thanks and great to meet you all!

Aaron "Adamanteus" Biedma
    Product Manager
    Star Trek Online

I'm not sure if I should welcome you or give you my condolences for the impeding loss of your sanity.

Either way, nice to see a yellow name around these parts - I hope you have a thick skin and a good sense of humour (you're going to need both :P )
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    What this guy said
    Quoted by the infamous Nbreeki! I feel so-
    nabreeki wrote: »
    except for the dumb stuff.
    ...oh.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome to our dysfunctional family. :P
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Nice to meet you, hope you don't get flamed too hard when the server hamsters die and need to be replaced every Thursday.

Yeah, we're a bit of a handful, but it's all in good fun. :)

More seriously, don't say anything about the KDF unless it's to give them something that the Feds don't already have or to generically praise the Klingon species and KDF players. We have some hard-core grognards on here.

speaking of giving, I want THIS for christmas. I used some of the special forum posters for models.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bwahahahaha fresh Dev meat!

Sorry couldn't help myself. :eek::D:P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!