test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm done...

v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Used to have fun in PVP... i really did...

[Combat (Self)] BAUKL0TZ deals 30359 (36270) Phaser Damage(Critical) to you with Phased Biomatter Dual Heavy Cannons - Surgical Strikes III.

A 90k hull excelsior ripped to shreds before his firing cycle even finished.

Vapers one shotting (thats been around a while though)

...and if it aint that, its disable, after disable, after disable... then the vaper gets you.

PVP now epitomises the very thing that most of you look down on...

PVP is now PAY TO WIN...and im done with it.
AhvtPz9.jpg
  • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
Post edited by v1ctor1st on

Comments

• Options
    etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited November 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »

[Combat (Self)] BAUKL0TZ deals 30359 (36270) Phaser Damage(Critical) to you with Phased Biomatter Dual Heavy Cannons - Surgical Strikes III.

...and if it aint that, its disable, after disable, after disable... then the vaper gets you.

I agree space pvp has been a joke since lor launch and even had hint's of it's beginnings since f2p launch. Try ground pvp oh wait nevermind it's damn near as bad now but still playable and far less grind.

Perhaps you should change the name of your fleet to coffin occupiers since you let a hobo rip you apart like that :)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Heh, like I said in the other thread...I wish the "then" wasn't as long for when the vaper gets you. There are a bunch of folks out there that have gone overboard on the disable angle and couldn't kill you if you were AFK...they'd just keep you disabled for the 5 minutes you were off doing whatever. So yeah, having the vaper end that is kind of a relief. :P

Course, there are some folks out there mixing in both pretty well...and it's kind of heinous in an awesome way.

"I'm going to destroy you - but first - I'm going to give you a moment to think about it - and now - you're dead..."

Yeah, some folks might break out in cows about that and complain...but lol, I've always enjoyed a good explosion even if it was own (heh, it's usually my own).

But yeah, the disable, disable - go make a sandwich and come back - disable, disable - see if there's anything new on Netflix - disable, disable - check what time is left on any R&D stuff - disable, disable - post on the forums - disable, disable...is just tedious and annoying...imho. And yeah, with that - it's a case of hoping there's somebody out there that can actually do more than just disable and get the kill.

Getting omgbliterated by a vaper..."oh coooooool...boom, heh!"

Falling asleep while disabled..."Zzz Zzz Zzzz..."
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2014
    Pay2win... what a surprise.

Sorry, but ever since they decided that T5Us to be not as good as T6s, I already knew this was pay2win. If it surprises you, let me enlighten you:
    You know all those good games out there that you buy and have great fun playing? This isn't one of those games. PWE/Cryptic have to constantly sell you the game to keep it running ever since they've gone f2p.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    You know all those good games out there that you buy and have great fun playing?

Nope, that's why I moved to MMOs over a decade ago. Way too many games that you pay way too much for, are done in a weekend, and are left wondering why you keep doing that...tada, MMOs - continual minimal investment for extended play.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    They were told not to go overboard with the new mechanics. They were told they had gone a bit crazy with stuff like shield penetration, placates, and other things. Did they listen to all the suggestions? No.

It's break first, fix later in this game, because they lack the imagination to think of ways the stuff they add could be game breaking.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Nope, that's why I moved to MMOs over a decade ago. Way too many games that you pay way too much for, are done in a weekend, and are left wondering why you keep doing that...tada, MMOs - continual minimal investment for extended play.

What I do is I buy them used. And what I should also be doing is researching the game before buying it. Some games I've poured hours into.
    Some purchase once games I play I get hooked into:
    Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
    Super Smash Brothers: Mele
    Naval Ops: Warship Gunner
    Worms: 3d
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Then I got Steam, and oh boy did I get hooked:
    Terraria
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2014

MMOs arent any better for that, especially STO where you run through the story line in a week and thats all the content.

Skyrim will keep you busy for months. $14 during Steam's summer sale for the main release and all three expansions.

Some alternative FPS games are really interesting and can be cheap too. STALKER and Metro series are both really interesting and fun to play, cheap on Steam, dont even have multiplayer and are enjoyable for weeks. Then there are the multiplayer FPS games, like MWO, competition will keep you entertained for a long time if you are interested in tactical FPS.

Some of the RTS games will keep you playing vs the computer for months then you fall into PVP and do that for years. Company of Heroes has been out for a decade and when the publisher collapsed Steam bought it and runs their own server.

MMOs are the worst for it
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    What I do is I buy them used. And what I should also be doing is researching the game before buying it. Some games I've poured hours into.
    Some purchase once games I play I get hooked into:
    Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
    Super Smash Brothers: Mele
    Naval Ops: Warship Gunner
    Worms: 3d
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Then I got Steam, and oh boy did I get hooked:
    Terraria
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers

I kept running into things that just blew my mind. Things where I was just playing through the first part of a story arc, thinking that things were just getting good, that it was awesome - finish a mission and next thing I'm watching some cutscene cause that was it. Having dropped out $40-50 for something that played like a demo that came with gaming mags back in the 80's.

Course, to be fair - MMOs have taken a turn toward that as well in the past 5-6 years or so. It got to the point that I was rotating 4-5 MMOs a year because everything kept getting consumed faster and faster.

But I'm just one of those old farts that wishes he had the gameplay from the 80s & early 90s with the graphics of today.

If there was a new version that was as good as Autoduel, Crescent Hawk's Inception/Revenge, Wasteland, Elite64, Bard's Tale, the SSI Gold Box games, etc, etc, etc...but oh well.
    MMOs arent any better for that, especially STO where you run through the story line in a week and thats all the content.

Skyrim will keep you busy for months. $14 during Steam's summer sale for the main release and all three expansions.

Some alternative FPS games are really interesting and can be cheap too. STALKER and Metro series are both really interesting and fun to play, cheap on Steam.

Some of the RTS games will keep you playing vs the computer for months then you fall into PVP and do that for years. Company of Heroes has been out for a decade and when the publisher collapsed Steam bought it and runs their own server.

MMOs are the worst for it

You can also play Candy Crush Saga...yadda-yadda-yadda. :rolleyes:

And Pitfall would keep me playing longer than Skyrim.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I kept running into things that just blew my mind. Things where I was just playing through the first part of a story arc, thinking that things were just getting good, that it was awesome - finish a mission and next thing I'm watching some cutscene cause that was it. Having dropped out $40-50 for something that played like a demo that came with gaming mags back in the 80's.

Course, to be fair - MMOs have taken a turn toward that as well in the past 5-6 years or so. It got to the point that I was rotating 4-5 MMOs a year because everything kept getting consumed faster and faster.

But I'm just one of those old farts that wishes he had the gameplay from the 80s & early 90s with the graphics of today.

If there was a new version that was as good as Autoduel, Crescent Hawk's Inception/Revenge, Wasteland, Elite64, Bard's Tale, the SSI Gold Box games, etc, etc, etc...but oh well.

You can also play Candy Crush Saga...yadda-yadda-yadda. :rolleyes:

And Pitfall would keep me playing longer than Skyrim.

Sounds like your game lacked content. Some games out there need to be watched out for (Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus for example). That is why I really should research the game before buying it.
    Skyrim is a good example of a game that keeps on giving. Level a class to 100? Oh, look, you can legendary it. Cleaned that castle days ago? Look again, someone else moved in.
    Completed main story? There are tons of side quests... tons!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sounds like your game lacked content. Some games out there need to be watched out for (Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus for example). That is why I really should research the game before buying it.
    Skyrim is a good example of a game that keeps on giving. Level a class to 100? Oh, look, you can legendary it. Cleaned that castle days ago? Look again, someone else moved in.
    Completed main story? There are tons of side quests... tons!

Thing is, I don't play games like Skyrim - they've never been my thing and hold no interest for me. If there was an actual RPG, yeah - but I don't do ARPs. Different folks enjoy different games. And there's all sorts of games out there for folks that enjoy different games without having to try to impose what they like on other games...where folks are playing them the way they are because they like them that way.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thing is, I don't play games like Skyrim - they've never been my thing and hold no interest for me. If there was an actual RPG, yeah - but I don't do ARPs. Different folks enjoy different games. And there's all sorts of games out there for folks that enjoy different games without having to try to impose what they like on other games...where folks are playing them the way they are because they like them that way.

RPGs are big on the game console industry... or at least were big. Latest RPG I played was Tales of The Abyss on the PS2. Although the combat mechanics allow you to manually run up to thy enemy and whack him with thy sword. If you want classic RPGs, newest I can think of is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, or the Breath of Fire series. Oh... forgot the Pokemon series, definitely plays like classic RPG, just simpler combat sequences. As for Final Fantasy and Kingdom of Hearts, I am not sure if the are RPGs or not, but may be worth a quick look.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    RPGs are big on the game console industry... or at least were big. Latest RPG I played was Tales of The Abyss on the PS2. Although the combat mechanics allow you to manually run up to thy enemy and whack him with thy sword. If you want classic RPGs, newest I can think of is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, or the Breath of Fire series. Oh... forgot the Pokemon series, definitely plays like classic RPG, just simpler combat sequences. As for Final Fantasy and Kingdom of Hearts, I am not sure if the are RPGs or not, but may be worth a quick look.

The last console I bought was an X-Box when they first came out. I think I picked up 8 games for it over a 9 year period or so, cause I haven't hooked it up in around 5 years. And with that, I pretty much only played DOA3 on it. Heck, same with the Dreamcast I had before that - barely a handful of games, and the main game I played was a fighting game. Same with the PlayStation I got...just for a couple of fighting games. Would have to go back to the Genesis and earlier to find me having bought them also for some platformer action. Consoles have never been about RPGs...ARPs, sure - but not actual RPGs. But that's a discussion that's been an ongoing argument for well over a decade on various forums. Many of the games folks call RPGs are little more than the single-player campaigns from old FPS games...which nobody called a RPG. It was just marketing hype that stuck with some folks that didn't know any better...

Hrmm, maybe I should dig the X-Box out of the closet and play some DOA3...cause God knows Cryptic doesn't want me to play STO anymore with all the bugs and all the rest they've done with DR.
  • Options
    schnirselschnirsel Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wasteland, Elite64, Bard's Tale, the SSI Gold Box games, etc, etc, etc...but oh well.

Not sure if you know... but in September a crowd funded version of Wasteland 2 was released, made by the same guys. I was one of the original backers for it and got my boxed copy just a week ago. Didn't get around to play it yet though, need to upgrade my ram and OS first.

There are a few other crowd funded CRPG's in development that also try to be like the classics. Like Torment: Tides of Numenera and Pillars of Eternity or Age of Decadence. Not sure if that's your thing though. As you say: Different tastes and stuff. Hence my opinion is worthless. Might wanna try some let's plays on youtube to see if that's something for you.

Then there are also great adventure/RPG hybrids like the Risen series (bought part one for 2.49€ recently). It's German, so not sure what the translation is like.
    RPGs are big on the game console industry...

Disagreeing here. RPG's with good story, the ability to run different builds and choices and consequences are not big on consoles imho. I'd even go so far as to say that multi platform development in favor of consoles really hurt the RPG scene. Elder Scrolls and the newer Fallouts are good examples of that. But well, that's just me.
    6pvmjHk.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    schnirsel wrote: »
    Disagreeing here. RPG's with good story, the ability to run different builds and choices and consequences are not big on consoles imho. I'd even go so far as to say that multi platform development in favor of consoles really hurt the RPG scene. Elder Scrolls and the newer Fallouts are good examples of that. But well, that's just me.
    RPGs are big on the game console industry... or at least were big.

RPGs are one of the majors genres of console video-games. But, of course, if you read the rest of my sentence, I am referring that RPGs aren't as big as they used to be.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited November 2014

what pvp? this game is coop to kill npcs and its online as drm :D
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Your in a t5 ship...t6 or nothing now, adapt or die. Bauklotz is one of the best so dont feel to down about it.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It goes something like this...

Intel T6 ships > T6 ships (including the lockbox ones) > Fleet T5U > T5U

Yes, the none-fleet Intel T6 ships are much better than the T6 lockbox ships.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Your in a t5 ship...t6 or nothing now, adapt or die. Bauklotz is one of the best so dont feel to down about it.

Adapt or die? Don't you mean spend/grind or die?

I think it's more appropriate to say his ship and gear are the best. I flew with some of the best pilots back before f2p launch. Nobody is the best in today's game anymore LOL. It's the ship and gear that's doing it trust me. If you can dominate in vpvp like setting then you can start calling yourself the best. It's funny so I hear all these people claiming to be the best yet won't even roll some vpvp to back their **** talk up. After all we will all be on the same rules as it is. Vpvp is as close to the old game that we can get when it took real piloting skill to play this game.
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I think it's more appropriate to say his ship and gear are the best. I flew with some of the best pilots back before f2p launch. Nobody is the best in today's game anymore LOL. It's the ship and gear that's doing it trust me. If you can dominate in vpvp like setting then you can start calling yourself the best. It's funny so I hear all these people claiming to be the best yet won't even roll some vpvp to back their **** talk up. After all we will all be on the same rules as it is. Vpvp is as close to the old game that we can get when it took real piloting skill to play this game.

I disagree. People with absolute TOP gear can be killed with lesser gear. Or vanilla c-store sets.
    Confirmed.
    Gear that you can obtain in a week time by doing rep.
    And before rep it was the same. When FvK was filled with fed AFKers 90% of the time way back before LoR I have fought klink premades in my Mirror Recon TBR/GW/PSW/tric sci with half-borg set. I'm used to running some crazy setups and i don't care if opposition has this or that gear.

You guys from VPvP are trying to level the play field/are not happy that someone can have better gear.
    And if you run into a team with better gear and you are in random team, of course that you will lose.
    You would have lost even if the gear was the same vs organized team.

So what is the problem here? T6 ships that you must buy from C-store, Lobi, exchange?
    Like before there were no JHAS, Scimitars, Wells, Recluses, Oddyseys etc vs some poor fleet defiants or similar. And people adapted.

Seriously, do you expect that a half-TRIBBLE ship with half-TRIBBLE gear should be the same as top end everything?
    Not that i defend cryptic's lack of PvP support and lack of balancing, but some complains are just plain unrealistic.

I would just wish they would put Custom Rule queues just that i see how much people would keep on playing with antique gear in vanilla queues when there are so much new ships around.

BTW in games that have custom rule queues, matchmaking and are actively balanced(like BF to name just one), you wouldn't believe how much people whine over classes, weapons, cheap kills, basically over everything that kills them.
    It is same here, before it was A2B, then partigen revival, and now intel boffs and neutronic torp.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    I disagree. People with absolute TOP gear can be killed with lesser gear. Or vanilla c-store sets.
    Confirmed.
    Gear that you can obtain in a week time by doing rep.
    And before rep it was the same. When FvK was filled with fed AFKers 90% of the time way back before LoR I have fought klink premades in my Mirror Recon TBR/GW/PSW/tric sci with half-borg set. I'm used to running some crazy setups and i don't care if opposition has this or that gear.

You guys from VPvP are trying to level the play field/are not happy that someone can have better gear.
    And if you run into a team with better gear and you are in random team, of course that you will lose.
    You would have lost even if the gear was the same vs organized team.

So what is the problem here? T6 ships that you must buy from C-store, Lobi, exchange?
    Like before there were no JHAS, Scimitars, Wells, Recluses, Oddyseys etc vs some poor fleet defiants or similar. And people adapted.

Seriously, do you expect that a half-TRIBBLE ship with half-TRIBBLE gear should be the same as top end everything?
    Not that i defend cryptic's lack of PvP support and lack of balancing, but some complains are just plain unrealistic.

I would just wish they would put Custom Rule queues just that i see how much people would keep on playing with antique gear in vanilla queues when there are so much new ships around.

BTW in games that have custom rule queues, matchmaking and are actively balanced(like BF to name just one), you wouldn't believe how much people whine over classes, weapons, cheap kills, basically over everything that kills them.
    It is same here, before it was A2B, then partigen revival, and now intel boffs and neutronic torp.

Please don't distort the issue about vpvp setups being able to kill top ship gear players when in reality those top gear guys were unskilled newb pvpers if pvpers at all. I mean cmon your not fooling anyone with that line. And fyi I could easily rebuild a top gear lockbox ship in about a month or so If i chose too. I have the assets on hand. But I prefer a cleaner skilled game like back in the day.

Fact is vpvp will bring back a good taste of real "actual teamwork" between all 3 classes. I don't just mean spam disables and let your escort/vaper finish the job. This will be very close to the game we played back pre s5 and if you guys ever want to claim being great you will prove yourself here. It doesn't mean you totally abandon top level gear pvp it means you add a toon in there to back your **** talk up. I am actually building a sci ship for vpvp. Sci ships will by far be the most gimped in a vpvp setting due to the sci resist skills built into today's game. But I look forward to the challenge of making it work.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That won't make a difference against 30k+ crits from surgical strikes, in fact many of the fleet T5-U ships have more hull and shields then t6 ships, its the ability that is overpowered. You can't adapt against that unless you think "adapting" means not being able to play non-cloaking ships in pvp. I play KDF mainly but think non-cloakers need a fair chance, we need people to play non-cloaking ships in pvp too.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    stommy1stommy1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Im done with the whole game thank the creator of the universes. No more stupid grindings and bugs.
    I s... my main account
    F crypitic and pve
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Fact is vpvp will bring back a good taste of real "actual teamwork" between all 3 classes. I don't just mean spam disables and let your escort/vaper finish the job. This will be very close to the game we played back pre s5 and if you guys ever want to claim being great you will prove yourself here. It doesn't mean you totally abandon top level gear pvp it means you add a toon in there to back your **** talk up. I am actually building a sci ship for vpvp. Sci ships will by far be the most gimped in a vpvp setting due to the sci resist skills built into today's game. But I look forward to the challenge of making it work.

LOL at the bolded parts.

Who the fk needs to "prove" anything to you or the VPvP?

And, Real Fact is that teamwork can be done everywhere, even in PvE, believe it or not.
    VPvP sounds like BO/CRF escorts / FAW/EWP cruisers / FBP/PSW science.
    That sounds familiar? Oh yes, it sounds like regular PvP, just with **** gear and doffs.
    By limiting yourself to low level gear you limit yourself (!) to fewer possibilities.

And i'm all about more options, not less.
  • Options
    auto1412auto1412 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    LOL at the bolded parts.

Who the fk needs to "prove" anything to you or the VPvP?

And, Real Fact is that teamwork can be done everywhere, even in PvE, believe it or not.
    VPvP sounds like BO/CRF escorts / FAW/EWP cruisers / FBP/PSW science.
    That sounds familiar? Oh yes, it sounds like regular PvP, just with **** gear and doffs.
    By limiting yourself to low level gear you limit yourself (!) to fewer possibilities.

And i'm all about more options, not less.

Less gear and no stupid cheese TRIBBLE,traits and doffs means equal playing field.That means player skill wins a day and no who grinded more.
  • Options
    auto1412auto1412 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please don't distort the issue about vpvp setups being able to kill top ship gear players when in reality those top gear guys were unskilled newb pvpers if pvpers at all. I mean cmon your not fooling anyone with that line. And fyi I could easily rebuild a top gear lockbox ship in about a month or so If i chose too. I have the assets on hand. But I prefer a cleaner skilled game like back in the day.

And i know thats you Talon Jones.You were really good in old days,to bad you always TRIBBLE everything with your logging,but still you were one of the best escort pilot i ever seen in this game:cool:
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Ha yes I guess your right spend or die then...it is unfortunate but until more t6 lockboxes or maybe a t6 breen incoming we are stuck.
    And I stand by bauklotZ being one of the best. I've played with and against him many times in arena and he has always stood out.

That said I think ss is bugged, I know it only works with phasers so who knows what else is wrong with it!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I'm gonna guess you spent a ton of money into DR.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    auto1412 wrote: »
    And i know thats you Talon Jones.You were really good in old days,to bad you always TRIBBLE everything with your logging,but still you were one of the best escort pilot i ever seen in this game:cool:

Hmm a november 2014 join date yet you are claiming to know players from how long ago? :) Yes these kids know nothing of the game back then so you are wasting your breath. They can't possibly grasp what we are saying cause they weren't around to know what the game "felt" like. I am sure most of these guys would make functional team players and maybe semi skilled above average pilots but I seriously doubt they would get the props they get now if they flew in early seasons.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hmm a november 2014 join date yet you are claiming to know players from how long ago? :) yes these kids know nothing of the game back then so you are wasting your breath.

Last I knew, the join date only keeps track of your first post.

/300 secs
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Last I knew, the join date only keeps track of your first post.

/300 secs

And it was reset with the Forumpocalypse of 2012...so most posters from before that will have a Jun 2012 date regardless of how long they'd been around. Some folks might have been on a Cryptic prescribed vacation from the forums and have...oh...say Aug 2012 instead. :D
This discussion has been closed.