test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (October 30, 2014)

Comments

• adaptwadaptw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is the Shard still offline for anyone else? I see that it is still offline. I can understand a patch taking longer to complete that is scheduled, but I just am wondering if that is the issue, or if it is just my connection...
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    I dunno... saying instead they got 5 levels worth of XP instantly might get a faster response.... ;)

Ah I know one better. "It just automatically and apparently permanently unlocked every special lobi box and store ship for all my accounts. I can give anyone all the ships that they like without having to pay for it now."
  • carterjohns1209carterjohns1209 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the Shard is supposed to be offline for approx another 35 minutes (until 0930 PDT.) I'd guess it isn't online for anybody. Waiting is a pain, but something that can be endured.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please fix the ship power tray, how many more years is this going to be around.

Finally where is the Typhoon!!!!!!! :)
  • mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "◦Hierarchy Bridge Officers are no longer editable."

Oh hell no

*grabs pitchfork*
  • nodznodz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mamif3 wrote: »

Oh hell no

*grabs pitchfork*

I know. It's like having a Mr. Potato Head without the parts.
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Oh hell no

*grabs pitchfork*

Your pic says it all!
    I was hoping we were SUPPOSED to be able to edit thm, and not being able to reload their default costume was a mistake.
    I wanted to alter his face a bit, but keep him in the Hierarchy uniform so he could be my own little 'Commander Strax'.
    *sad panda* :(

p.s. BTW, server's back up.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL, everyone's bringing up the old power tray/boff/gear/doff loadout bug. It's been around since long before DR and apparently isn't even a known issue.

I could list lots of other bugs in STO, but the loadout bug is by far the most annoying - it seriously hurts gameplay if uncorrected, takes a good 10 to 15 minutes to correct (sorry about that STF! It ended when you were dragging ST1 to the right slot), and occurs in all maps. Defera's list of bugs can be easily avoided (just don't go to defera!) and the trill spots are ignorable, but that power tray is pretty integral to the whole game.

It does have a solid workaround, though: don't purchase loadouts, don't use loadouts, don't buy more gear than you need for 1 loadout, and don't purchase multiple ships. Changing ships and gear and boffs seems to exacerbate the problem.

Whodathunk that saving information to be retrieved later would be such a big puzzle.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    solemkof wrote: »

thx dude. much nicer, but doesn't really changes much about my comment. it's still superior to fleet upgrades while much more worthwile and still lacks the opportunity to.... u know ;D...
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Oh hell no

*grabs pitchfork*

I must be tired.... I read that as "Hierarchy Bridge Officers are no longer edible."

O_o
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I must be tired.... I read that as "Hierarchy Bridge Officers are no longer edible."

O_o
    Omnomnom!!
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sadly this patch didn't fix the crash on startup I experience on my T500 laptop.
    This broke around S9. I would love to be able to play on my laptop again.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Oh hell no

*grabs pitchfork*

Boooooo.

I liked the editable/edible Potato Men. Let us keep our Potatoes, damnit!
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    Boooooo.

I liked the editable/edible Potato Men. Let us keep our Potatoes, damnit!

Agreed.

#potatofamine
    edited October 2014

O_o

Yeah.
    They're not potatoes; That's the Sontarans.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Omnomnom!!

I approve of your signature sir!
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    edited October 2014
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Sadly this patch didn't fix the crash on startup I experience on my T500 laptop.
    This broke around S9. I would love to be able to play on my laptop again.

They're STILL having that issue?!
    If they're trying so hard to earn their money, you'd think they'd help people...oh, I don't know...actually ACCESS their cash store.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2014
    Yeah.
    They're not potatoes; That's the Sontarans.

"I'm the clever one, and you're the potato one."
    "Yes, sir. Mr. Holmes."
    "You're not funny. And you've got little legs."
    edited October 2014
    "I'm the clever one, and you're the potato one."
    "Yes, sir. Mr. Holmes."
    "You're not funny. And you've got little legs."

Look me up in-game: @Xavier_Q
    I have a Doctor Who fleet, "Children of Time".
    One of your alts would be more than welcome ^_^
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agreed.

#potatofamine

I will miss the service of Lieutenant Commander Russet. :(
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's up!

10 chars tho.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2014
    Look me up in-game: @Xavier_Q
    I have a Doctor Who fleet, "Children of Time".
    One of your alts would be more than welcome ^_^

Thanks for the referral. When I start my next character (I'm currently thinking of choosing an Andorian), I'll definitely ask for an invite to "Children of Time".

Btw, I've been a Doctor Who fan since about 1979. The only season I'm missing right now is the current one with Peter Capaldi (waiting for it to come out on DVD; I don't have cable TV, Netflix, or the like). Used to watch Doctors #1-#7 late night on PBS for years. Sadly, they stopped doing that.

"Doctor, you're acting childish."
    "What's the point of growing old if you can't be childish once in awhile?"

"My name is Romana Viratnalunda."
    "I'm sorry. Is there anything we can do about that?"
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They're STILL having that issue?!
    If they're trying so hard to earn their money, you'd think they'd help people...oh, I don't know...actually ACCESS their cash store.

I know, right?
    While at work, I have to access over TeamViewer just to click R&D and Rep counters. Due to latency, it takes me twice as long too.
    I can't even play anymore at lunch.

If they aren't going to fix that, I really hope they at least finish the gateway access.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stf rewards are still not fixed.

all they fixed for undine infiltration was the enemy levels, it still gives pathetic 20 marks on all difficulties instead of 45/65/95 they promised few patches ago.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seems they shifted Normal XP to Advance and reduced Normal XP by 20%... guess normal was giving out too much... wonder if anyone lost spec points for this as well?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay! The graphics issue was fixed!!! No more squished graphics and out-of place images!!!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • coblivionccoblivionc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought today's patch was suppose to fix the Guardian's nacelle clipping bug. :(
    Only one thing is certain -- that is, nothing is certain. If this statement is true, it is also false. -Ancient Paradox
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Seems they shifted Normal XP to Advance and reduced Normal XP by 20%... guess normal was giving out too much... wonder if anyone lost spec points for this as well?

If true, then that's beyond funny any more. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello everyone,
    Now that the Servers are all back up and you're jumping back in to play, please report any new or remaining bugs to the Bug Report Sections here.

Gameplay Bug Reports
    Graphical and Sound Issues
    PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues

For all you Lifetimers, enjoy the new playable Talaxians!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.