test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Being labelled cheater by the devs sucked the fun out of the game.

124»

Comments

• abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    The most amusing thing here, and a clear elephant in the room, is that the pitch fork wielder argument consists of:-

1) Their personal definition of an exploit. The only definition that matters however is the one been used by PWE/Crytpic.

2) That the bug was reported on tribble, and therefore they chose to take it's continued existance as implied consent to use the bug. Using a bug is an exploit, reported or not, it's pretty black and white.

"I do not recognise the authority of this court!", gets hung anyway....

Good luck with that argument.

Agreed. I say since the players want to use the forums to bash the Devs and everyone else, why not it work in reverse, post every single player that exploited and be done with it. Then maybe they'd shut up. I lost 6 points and honestly I've earned them all back plus 2, while others chose to stage half-assed boycotts and live their lives here and whine and cry. Yeah I filed a ticket, did I hear back, nope and frankly I don't care. Get real people, the path for this game is being drawn, this is NOT your game. Change is coming, if you don't like it, LEAVE. 'Occupying STO Forums' is over. Uninstall the game and find something else to trash in your lives, PWE and the development staff owes you ****. They are doing what they are paid to do and what they promised US they would do. Correct bugs. Yeah it slipped through.. Guess what those 'few' caught when the bug transferred over. They had every right to fix it and roll back THEIR game and here you trash them for doing their job.

So sit here, whine and cry, frankly, your colors show how you treat others in your fleet and in your personal lives. This is NOT McDonalds or Wendys OR Sonic you can't have it your way. No one should take any of the verbal abuse here and frankly I hope PWE takes it a step further to silence those that are.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    K here is the deal, from my fleets point of view.

Delta Rising, seems to be an overall success, and they DID say that 50-60 was something you cannot just blow through. They advertised this prior to launch, and people EXPLOITING the experiance glitch, get what they deserved.

Anybody on this thread, had to have seen the masses of people in tau dewa, and wondered what they were doing, and power leveled themselves, so dont sit here and say you got ganked specialization points becuase you did your Romulan daily. That is a bold face lie, if you got ganked specialization points, that means you went and exploited the TRIBBLE out of Argala.

As a Tier 5 FED/KDF packaged fleet, we are only conserned about one nerf coming, and thats the STACKS OF COMMON DOFF PACKS WE BUY with fleet credits, becoming unbound.

Here is the deal, its a pointless nerf, it only means we have to open the boxes up now and mail them to ourselves. THATS IT.

The only thing this does, is PREVENT us from helping SMALLER fleets, because we can turn around with those fleet credits and buy PURPLE DOFFS and sell them on the exchange.

I open the boxes already when doing this, so i can make the money i want from "particular" doffs. Not the boxes themselves.

I know as well so many other things, like if they really wanted to make people mad, they would have come out with a TRIBBLE lockbox, NOT the delta lockbox.

All i see here is people whining because they nerfed an OBVIOUS way to SPEED level to get dilithium FAST. VERY similar to the foundry exploits of pre-LoR.

If you want dilithium, PLAY THE FRICKEN GAME, EVERYTHING OFFERS DILITHIUM AT ANY TOON LEVEL, YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FARM IT.

Another thing the could do if they wanted to make people MAD, is CUT the MAX ROSTER OF TOONS TO 8-10 and thats IT.

They dont do these obvious cuts to kill your dilithium rate, because MOST of you people don't realize you dont need to level all your toons if you get say 30 of them. They are called drones/mules for a reason.

Simply making them the right faction ( KDF ) and parking them in the right spot, gets you your dilithium no problem.

Every toon that you have, is another 8k dilithium, and i am sure cryptic would be fine with people FARMING this way, because its so OBVIOUS, people miss it ALOT.

You all wanted a harder difficulty, and this is how you repay cryptic? By bum rushing to 60+50 with an exploit, then, complain its to hard?

My fleet is ACTIVE and WELL. And we are LOVING recruiting all the RETURNING PLAYERS delta rising is bringing back to the game.

All you whiners and complainers need to STOP, and ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, and FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET 10k DPS, as it is NOT HARD TO DO EVEN FOR A CASUAL PLAYER.

Then get your OTHER TOONS to do the same, and you have your "fast" dilithium farm right there, cryptic cannot NERF, because you are ACTUALLY playing the game.

You took the words right out of my mind.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    Agreed. I say since the players want to use the forums to bash the Devs and everyone else, why not it work in reverse, post every single player that exploited and be done with it. Then maybe they'd shut up. I lost 6 points and honestly I've earned them all back plus 2, while others chose to stage half-assed boycotts and live their lives here and whine and cry. Yeah I filed a ticket, did I hear back, nope and frankly I don't care. Get real people, the path for this game is being drawn, this is NOT your game. Change is coming, if you don't like it, LEAVE. 'Occupying STO Forums' is over. Uninstall the game and find something else to trash in your lives, PWE and the development staff owes you ****. They are doing what they are paid to do and what they promised US they would do. Correct bugs. Yeah it slipped through.. Guess what those 'few' caught when the bug transferred over. They had every right to fix it and roll back THEIR game and here you trash them for doing their job.

So sit here, whine and cry, frankly, your colors show how you treat others in your fleet and in your personal lives. This is NOT McDonalds or Wendys OR Sonic you can't have it your way. No one should take any of the verbal abuse here and frankly I hope PWE takes it a step further to silence those that are.

Not silence them, just do something about the countless posts that consist purely of insulting other players/posters. They add NOTHING to a discussion, and do no good for anybody. Some people just seem to think that they have a right to insult people on the internet, and that it's somehow cool to do so. Some seem to think that it means they are right, and are "winning" the discussion.

The devs are building STO according a vision held by them, NOT to suit every single player or poster on these forums. If you don't like this vision, find another game. If the majority agree with you, they will walk too. The devs already stated they don't bother with opinions posted on these forums, and to be blunt I don't blame them when so many posting here believe that insults and flames form a valid argument.

I quit posts? Really? In some circles this is known as flouncing.
  • oneofexploitoneofexploit Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The devs are building STO according a vision held by them, NOT to suit every single player or poster on these forums. If you don't like this vision, find another game. If the majority agree with you, they will walk too. The devs already stated they don't bother with opinions posted on these forums, and to be blunt I don't blame them when so many posting here believe that insults and flames form a valid argument.

Their vision seems to copy all those Korean MMO's that are nothing but grind fests littered with time gates. Generates the most money with the least amount of fun.

Next they'll want us all to speak Korean. :rolleyes:
    edited October 2014
    Not silence them, just do something about the countless posts that consist purely of insulting other players/posters. They add NOTHING to a discussion, and do no good for anybody. Some people just seem to think that they have a right to insult people on the internet, and that it's somehow cool to do so. Some seem to think that it means they are right, and are "winning" the discussion.

I quit posts? Really? In some circles this is known as flouncing.

Exactly, file your ticket and get back to the game or leave. But these 'flamers' are the first to sign up for free hand out from PWE when they are offered, but as soon as something goes wrong, look out the earth has to stop for them.

Let's ask this question: To those that have filed tickets? Have you heard a response? Has anyone gotten their points back? I am betting if any one who lost their points and had them restored, wouldn't have the balls to even come back here and thank PWE... sad really.

Change is coming... we all knew it was, nothing lasts forever.. not even an MMO. Adapt as humans do and let these people get back to work doing their jobs to keep this game going. Please.
    edited October 2014
    Their vision seems to copy all those Korean MMO's that are nothing but grind fests littered with time gates. Generates the most money with the least amount of fun.

Next they'll want us all to speak Korean. :rolleyes:

Obviously you don't like it, none of us do. Again, you knew this was coming. :rolleyes:
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Exactly, file your ticket and get back to the game or leave. But these 'flamers' are the first to sign up for free hand out from PWE when they are offered, but as soon as something goes wrong, look out the earth has to stop for them.

Let's ask this question: To those that have filed tickets? Have you heard a response? Has anyone gotten their points back? I am betting if any one who lost their points and had them restored, wouldn't have the balls to even come back here and thank PWE... sad really.

Change is coming... we all knew it was, nothing lasts forever.. not even an MMO. Adapt as humans do and let these people get back to work doing their jobs to keep this game going. Please.

There is nothing more pathetic than whiners whining about whiners. You don't like this thread?! Don't be here!

And what has your bizarre 'Change is coming' mantra to do with people having skillpoints taken from them?! Exactly, nothing.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    There is nothing more pathetic than whiners whining about whiners. You don't like this thread?! Don't be here!

And what has your bizarre 'Change is coming' mantra to do with people having skillpoints taken from them?! Exactly, nothing.

Sorry but, obviously, you don't understand. Pathetic is conducting yourself demanding something they had every right to fix and the fact you don't like it, well file your ticket. When or if they give them back, hey I'd hope you come back and apologize.

We shouldn't have the right to bullied by anyone, why'd I post? Because I can, the flaming is getting old and fast and probably isn't going to last much longer. Just sayin... I don't think you'd tolerate it from a friend or fleetmate why should it be done in a game forum. ;)
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry but, obviously, you don't understand. Pathetic is conducting yourself demanding something they had every right to fix and the fact you don't like it, well file your ticket. When or if they give them back, hey I'd hope you come back and apologize.

We shouldn't have the right to bullied by anyone, why'd I post? Because I can, the flaming is getting old and fast and probably isn't going to last much longer. Just sayin... I don't think you'd tolerate it from a friend or fleetmate why should it be done in a game forum. ;)

then maybe you should not come in to the thread and move on just saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    then maybe you should not come in to the thread and move on just saying

:rolleyes:
    edited October 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It`s getting boring, we need new forum content to fight about. Let me summarize the last 100 threads for you :

Side 1: "Gnahh, they took mah stufff, evil Cryptic..... everything sucks....DOOM !"

Side 2: "Everything is fine....I feel colors....unicorns everywhere....huh, where is my wallet, ahh nevermind....."

:D
    edited October 2014

Here's a bit of irony on filing a ticket and all:

Issues contacting Customer Service

And should they ever restitute my points, I'll come fly in, on my upgraded winged pig, and happily post about it. :) I've already written those points off, though.

Reason I keep at it, though, is, in part, because not doing so plays exactly into their hands, with them stone-walling the issue and just waiting it out, and then go back to the order of the day. Meanwhile hoping people (like you) will tire of these threads, thus hastening their 'victory.'

Yet know this: I hate being the collateral damage in someone else's notion of happy trailings.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stephen D'Angelo wrote (here):

"This raises the question of what an exploit is. I’ll loosely define an exploit is any unintended behavior in the game that a player can use to gain significant advantage over others. How does a player know something is unintended? That is definitely open to interpretation and was a huge focus of the discussion in the dev team. In this case, we feel that the difference in leveling speed between playing other content in the game and playing the content that was singled out this week was so large that it is reasonable for players to think “this is too good to be something the dev team intended to happen”. We find exploits regularly, but it is uncommon to find one that was used to achieve enough of an advantage to require taking action." -stephendangelo

I'm surprised that I was not docked points. I play Tau Dawa patrols as my daily routine. I had no idea that the content was an area of concern. I found the NPC were to the same level as they were before the launch of DR; I had not played patrols anywhere else to see that there differences between this content and content in other patrols elsewhere.

Someone should not be accused of exploiting content that only requires PLAYING the content to receive the unintended benefit. At that point, it's on the developers (and QA if there is such a thing exists) to fix their mistake it and not punish the players for their mistakes.

Different areas and content grant different rewards, as well.

Exploitation should be if you have to do something unusual to trigger a bug that can be exploited like quitting in the middle of a mission and start it again and that somehow triggered some sort of benefit, yeah, that can happen by mistake but if someone does that unusual thing repeatedly, then they are exploiting the content.

What it comes down to is that Cryptic made the mistake of not reviewing the Tau Dawa sector to ensure that the content was up to the new difficulty and reward standards. Instead of owning up to their mistake and just fixing it, Cryptic instead punshishes players for simply playing the content. This is too harsh.

As a LTS, there are times when I wish that I had not gone Lifetime. This is one of them.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    It`s getting boring, we need new forum content to fight about. Let me summarize the last 100 threads for you :

Side 1: "Gnahh, they took mah stufff, evil Cryptic..... everything sucks....DOOM !"

Side 2: "Everything is fine....I feel colors....unicorns everywhere....huh, where is my wallet, ahh nevermind....."

that sums it up real nicely :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Side 2: "Everything is fine....I feel colors....unicorns everywhere....huh, where is my wallet, ahh

I'll take one of them cute unicorns, please. :) They come with a free T5-U upgrade token, right?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    I'll take one of them cute unicorns, please. :) They come with a free T5-U upgrade token, right?

unicorns = too much fun exploit :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014
    unicorns = too much fun exploit :P

:P

'Unicorn', also an evil anagram of 'Coin Run' = EXPLOIT! ;)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    that sums it up real nicely :)

So you don't care what Cryptic does, fair or not fair?

It's ok to not care, but there are some people that are ...mad and some that are concerned about Cryptic and how they are running the game and people want to express themselves.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    origin350r wrote: »
    It is not a personal definition of an exploit...see, in software development...we have these specific terms that have definitions.
    Ha! As a software developer, I laugh at this claim. We may have specific terms to say what a "Rvalue" or a "variable" or a method is. But terms like exploits, beta test, alpha test, all that are weakly defined.
    Cryptic is welcome to make whatever choice that they want...but when you start running a game by knee jerk reactions and made up definitions, I can tell you the average time before you run off all your subs and shut down the servers is just under 2 years. Maybe that's enough time for them...maybe that's their business model/exit strategy, who knows. It's not my business, and it's not my choice. I will pay for what I enjoy until I don't enjoy it any more...then I will move on.
    Why was it not an exploit? Wgat is an exploit for you then? Do you have a well defined description for it?

It seems to me the one Cryptic used here is pretty good. Any unintended behaviour (=bug) that gives the player a notable advantage over others not using that. "Intention" of course can't really be proven when it comes to code, only what it does, but it can often be inferred...

Were not. Read. NPC's have been paying out the *exact* same XP for those missions *for years*.

When was the last time you could fight enemies 10 levels below your level?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited October 2014
    When was the last time you could fight enemies 10 levels below your level?

Enemies at the 'Shutdown' mission completely leveled along with me: they started off easy, and got significantly tougher around lv 54-55. Team trickery aside -- I never teamed -- I see no exploit for those of us who simply solo-ed everything.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Why was it not an exploit?

Because of what this guy says:
    sirokk wrote: »
    Someone should not be accused of exploiting content that only requires PLAYING the content to receive the unintended benefit. At that point, it's on the developers (and QA if there is such a thing exists) to fix their mistake it and not punish the players for their mistakes.

Different areas and content grant different rewards, as well.

Exploitation should be if you have to do something unusual to trigger a bug that can be exploited like quitting in the middle of a mission and start it again and that somehow triggered some sort of benefit, yeah, that can happen by mistake but if someone does that unusual thing repeatedly, then they are exploiting the content.

What it comes down to is that Cryptic made the mistake of not reviewing the Tau Dawa sector to ensure that the content was up to the new difficulty and reward standards. Instead of owning up to their mistake and just fixing it, Cryptic instead punshishes players for simply playing the content. This is too harsh.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Having now read the post by the EP here...

He explained the rationale for why spec points were removed from some accounts. Regardless of whether anyone believes that is reasonable or not, it is done and it is not open for discussion anymore.

As he stated in the post, if you believe you were unjustifiably targeted by this you can file a support ticket to get it reviewed. That is your recourse in this situation.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.