test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Being labelled cheater by the devs sucked the fun out of the game.

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No one has been "labelled" cheater. Cryptic did not disclose who was considered exploiting or who had his specialization points removed. Only the individual itself and Cryptic know this. You may have been deemed a " cheater" and lost specializion points, but only you and Cryptic know that. So if you keep it between yourself and Cryptic, no one is the wiser and keeps thinking you're the honest guy in that cool starship, regardless of whether it's justified or not.

A "label" is something you put on people or stuff to be clearly visible and identify what it is.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    exploiting is cheating..................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No one has been "labelled" cheater. Cryptic did not disclose who was considered exploiting or who had his specialization points removed. Only the individual itself and Cryptic know this.

Untrue. D'Angelo specifically said:

"I have looked into the claim that some players were not using the exploit maps, but so far every claim I have come across has not held up under data pulls."

Therewith implicating all of us who vehemently protested said robbery in public.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have seen two people look at the same numbers and come up with very different and opposite conclusions. The numbers don't lie, but those interpreting them do.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Would it make you play the game though?

If people got their levels back then well, leveling is still terrible, the expansion is horrible and upgrading-t5u and crafting are still copy-paste work

And, the queues' dil drops are still reduced with 200%

Say they started giving people 2000 dil for a normal map, same problem still.

There is no new content and t5u-upgrading-crafting are still copy-paste with no new animations...

I don't know what to tell them?

Re-thinking everything, stop everything you are doing and do everything completely different

Hate to refuse to compromise but in this here situation it's a clear cut case of developers having to get their - - together

While we wait, forum pvp
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »

"I have looked into the claim that some players were not using the exploit maps, but so far every claim I have come across has not held up under data pulls."

Therewith implicating all of us who vehemently protested said robbery in public.

But they are labelling themselves, because the shout out "I am innocent" when no one even knew that they were considered guilty by someone.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Consipracy theory: the game currently requires too many resources to maintain for too little proft, and they want to slowly kill it off and focus on more lucrative titles.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very hard to see the correct data when that someone has their head up somewhere else.

+1 I think you just won the interwebs Crash :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But they are labelling themselves, because the shout out "I am innocent" when no one even knew that they were considered guilty by someone.

Yeah. We should all just have contacted Customer Support... oh, wait.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • oneofexploitoneofexploit Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah. We should all just have contacted Customer Support... oh, wait.

Hahaha that made me laugh. There is no customer support. I'm still waiting on reply back from item/EC lost during the server roll back we had awhile ago.

Meanwhile in Guild Wars 2, I had problems with the trading post there, it wouldn't work. I contacted customer support within an hour I had a reply and suggestions, after back and forth we found that the antivirus was blocking a core file from accessing the internet and caused the problem.

That's customer service.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hahaha that made me laugh. There is no customer support. I'm still waiting on reply back from item/EC lost during the server roll back we had awhile ago.

Meanwhile in Guild Wars 2, I had problems with the trading post there, it wouldn't work. I contacted customer support within an hour I had a reply and suggestions, after back and forth we found that the antivirus was blocking a core file from accessing the internet and caused the problem.

That's customer service.

Yeah but you were a potential cash cow, someone contacting regarding the current "exploit" seems to end up with a singular response - Silence...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    And it also sucked the fun out of the game for players not affected by this decision. What on earth were they thinking?!

They weren't thinking at all imo.

I really am suspecting that the PWE bigshots in China, knowing that their collection of effeminate clones of World of Warr Craft (misspelled on purpose because this forum auto-censors the very existence of that game) suck and their stock value is plummeting, are breathing down the necks of the US Cryptic staff to "MAKE US MONEY! MAKE US LOTS OF MONEY NAO OR YOU FIRED!! WORK NAO!!" and the Devs have no choice but to obey their Lords from overseas, no matter how much it is going to ruin the entire game.

I actually pity the Cryptic staff more than hate them. It's the PWE Chinese overlords that deserve our hatred.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    They weren't thinking at all imo.

I really am suspecting that the PWE bigshots in China, knowing that their collection of effeminate clones of World of Warr Craft (misspelled on purpose because this forum auto-censors the very existence of that game) suck and their stock value is plummeting, are breathing down the necks of the US Cryptic staff to "MAKE US MONEY! MAKE US LOTS OF MONEY NAO OR YOU FIRED!! WORK NAO!!" and the Devs have no choice but to obey their Lords from overseas, no matter how much it is going to ruin the entire game.

I actually pity the Cryptic staff more than hate them. It's the PWE Chinese overlords that deserve our hatred.

Ok while I mostly agree with all of this, your final sentence is an issue of debate for me. Yes, pwe deserves a LOT of the anger concerning what is happening to STO; however, I'll say again that when the EP drops a statement and his very first sentence is a flat out lie... well he just won the 2014 T**twaffle of the Year award. Congratulations.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't stretch my imagination far enough to rationalize it

But sure let's get some more blogs going where we call the players cheaters it worked wonderfully last time
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Given that at no point have the devs, mods or GMs posted lists naming and shaming anybody as a cheater...

This is an obvious case of if the hat fits.
    edited October 2014
    yes because saying 300 exported the game is not calling them cheaters because the dev didnt want to fix it that was until it started costing them dilithium
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    1) Numbers, or it isn't happening. What are the statistics, and where did you get them?

2) "In droves," not "like droves."

3) It hasn't sucked the fun out of the game for me, and I am unaffected. Who appointed you to the position of ambassador for the player base?

This times 10. My fleet is as active as ever and having a blast!!
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
    edited October 2014

3 ppl on very big and active ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014

Ditto. The fleet I am in has GROWN since DR, including quite a few players coming back who have played since beta.

Keep in mind, the people who post on this forum are a small minority of those who play STO. Of this minority, a minority within the minority are posting hugely negative feedback. Take a look at the negative posts, they're all from the same small group of people. Let's not even go into how many of them even actually play STO, compared with how many of them are just internet trolls who find this a fun place to troll.
    edited October 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    Ditto. The fleet I am in has GROWN since DR, including quite a few players coming back who have played since beta.

Keep in mind, the people who post on this forum are a small minority of those who play STO. Of this minority, a minority within the minority are posting hugely negative feedback. Take a look at the negative posts, they're all from the same small group of people. Let's not even go into how many of them even actually play STO, compared with how many of them are just internet trolls who find this a fun place to troll.

well dont do like him and post said fleet name in your sig because i will look and see how active they really are :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014

Well I have been in sto a lot and ive never seen anyone with the title cheater over their head.....maybe im just blind.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    well dont do like him and post said fleet name in your sig because i will look and see how active they really are :P

Ok, I wont. :P I will happily admit that it's NOT a huge fleet by any means. It's British you see. lol I used to be in a BIG US fleet, but found that I ended up on my own most of the time, as their peak play time was 4am here. ;) Growth is growth however.
    Well I have been in sto a lot and ive never seen anyone with the title cheater over their head.....maybe im just blind.

Nope, nore lists anywhere on the internet etc. The only people who have called anybody a cheater is the people coming on here and posting that they are amongst that number. Like I said, they obviously feel that the hat fits, and are quite publicly placing it upon their OWN heads. If they don't want folks to know who they are, then they really would be better off not standing up on a soap box and shouting loudly so to speak.
    edited October 2014
    Go go Craptic Defense Force white knights!

Defend them no matter what!

be a whale! get milked!
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope, nore lists anywhere on the internet etc. The only people who have called anybody a cheater is the people coming on here and posting that they are amongst that number. Like I said, they obviously feel that the hat fits, and are quite publicly placing it upon their OWN heads. If they don't want folks to know who they are, then they really would be better off not standing up on a soap box and shouting loudly so to speak.

Because conviction automatically means guilty right. No one in the history of mankind, or in the history of games, has ever been warned, suspended, banned or punished in any way for something they didn't do.

That's basically what you're saying.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
    edited October 2014
    Not at all.

What I am saying is, that it's not actually our place to discuss this, and the poster publicly broke the TOS by posting about it here.

The rest doesn't actually matter really, beyond people giving their opinions upon something that their opinion doesn't actually matter. lol

Believe you have been wrongly banned? Submit a ticket. Given it's for just 24 hours though, your ban will be lifted before it even gets read.
    edited October 2014
    TOS is garbage.

Not enforceable, and if brought to any court of law, tossed out.
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »

Oh dear you looked on a weekday morning and there are 3 ppl online? I better hang myself. Be smart...most of us have lives...AKA work.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
    edited October 2014
    Go go Craptic Defense Force white knights!

Defend them no matter what!

be a whale! get milked!

I have no reason to be mad at them...ive leveled 4 toons to 60 and never went to Tau Dewa....I didn't lose any points and I had a blast blasting baddies in my tier 6 ship. Alls good.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
    edited October 2014
    Oh dear you looked on a weekday morning and there are 3 ppl online? I better hang myself. Be smart...most of us have lives...AKA work.

dont worry i will look again in 6 hours better be more than 10 for your post :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014
    TOS is garbage.

Not enforceable, and if brought to any court of law, tossed out.

Until that happens however, it will contiinue to act as the basis of actions taken by employees and agents of Cryptic/PWE.

Argue all you like about how enforcable it is here on this forum, but news flash, without actually taking it to court it will continue to be just your opinion. And news flash, when it comes to TOS/EULA etc, it's not actually the opinions of players that matters.

Feel free to continue to wear out your keyboard however uselessly complaining here about it.
This discussion has been closed.