test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - October 27, 2014

Comments

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Something tells me if they ever intended to do something about it they would have done it by now. As it is I have a feeling this is going to be the sate of things, though I'm more than happy for them to prove me wrong between now and Thursday.
    It sure looks like they're on course for ever more grind, less rewards. Sad.
    I'd like to see the dil rewards made back up to what they should be,
    Definitely, the previous 480 for normal for current normal. Previous 960 for elite for current advanced. And of course more for current elites.
    I'd like to see advanced made like the old elites so that it gives newer folks a chance to get the BNP's or whatever they need to get gear,
    I wouldn't necessarily think advanced needs to be exactly like previous elites, because they really were easy (even for newer players with bad gear) and there has been some powercreep. That however translates to only some difficulty hike. Currently advanced is probably still well above the necessary and sensible difficulty.
    and xp should be boosted ten fold.
    Here I disagree. 5 times more xp gained would be acceptable.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still nothing about controllers not working
    @Powerblast in game
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will after the next patch my friends be able to join again and actually play the game?
  • rasterpuprasterpup Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Players who have crafting levels below 15 will no longer have the traits for those crafting schools, with no "Invalid Skills" respec required in the Skills tab of the Character Status Window.

Honestly, I kinda feel this is a bit of a rubbish move. It's the equivalent of slapping someone on the wrist and taking something back that you've just given them. A mistake made by Cryptic has left these traits out for people to use for a while now, and it's your own fault, not the players'. If you didn't get this fixed on Tribble, and it REALLY should have been caught there, then don't go pulling away stuff you've let players have once it hits live. Own your TRIBBLE-up. :P

Yours, embittered Particle Manipulator build player.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rasterpup wrote: »
    Honestly, I kinda feel this is a bit of a rubbish move. It's the equivalent of slapping someone on the wrist and taking something back that you've just given them. A mistake made by Cryptic has left these traits out for people to use for a while now, and it's your own fault, not the players'. If you didn't get this fixed on Tribble, and it REALLY should have been caught there, then don't go pulling away stuff you've let players have once it hits live. Own your TRIBBLE-up. :P

Yours, embittered Particle Manipulator build player.

Pretty sure they do this stuff on purpose sometimes just so you can get a taste and grind/buy your way to get it back. Same thing happened with tac consoles accidentally getting set to Mk XIV a little while ago--how do you accidentally change the values of a console.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014

[*]Added upgrade functionality to the Borg Assimilated console.
    • And there was much rejoicing!

OK, that was funny. :D
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pretty sure they do this stuff on purpose sometimes just so you can get a taste and grind/buy your way to get it back. Same thing happened with tac consoles accidentally getting set to Mk XIV a little while ago--how do you accidentally change the values of a console.

Why start now after the TD debacle?
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so your still riping off players that have payed for a T6 ROM ship KDF side WHEN AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO RE-TRAIN MY NEW INTEL BOFF. :-(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i guess still no fix on all the load out reset issues, having to redo your tray every time you switch from ground back to space.

For me the most noticeable ability is Heavy Bio molecular Turret Barrage keeps being removed from my window, its the only ability that doesn't like to be placed on the tray.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to see the dil rewards made back up to what they should be, I'd like to see advanced made like the old elites so that it gives newer folks a chance to get the BNP's or whatever they need to get gear, and xp should be boosted ten fold.

XP...tenfold? Seriously? You already level way too fast in this game to enjoy any of the low level content. I got two characters from 50-60 already without grinding. My alts are halfway there from doffing. This is the first level increase in years, I think people forgot it's supposed to take more than a day to gain ten levels... The current pace for leveling is fine -- some more content to level in would be really welcome, though.

Dilithium, sure, whatever. I'm not sure why they were made less rewarding, STFs were always one of the least time efficient ways to get the stuff. There are tons of other, much faster ways to get your 8/9500 a day, though, and they throw ore at you for doing anything these days. (Not complaining, that was a welcome change, when I started it was basically STFs and the battlezone.)

Edit: On the difficulty, I'm pretty happy with the current Advanced. I'd much rather see BNPs and the other trinkets drop in normal, so new players have a chance to get them and can use rep gear to prepare for Advanced. Advanced is serving as a very important bridge point between Normal and Elite right now...I'm certainly not ready for Elite, but I'm too good for Normal right now.

The issue isn't with current Advanced being too hard, it was with the old Elite being too easy. There was zero justification for using rep gear before, now there is (although I'm sure, with the right build, even mk XI blues would have no problem in Advanced). You do not need anything beyond XII gear to put together a build for Advanced -- my builds are never the most efficient they could be and I do fine.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Will max level players finally get marked (XII) gear drops in single player mission or will we have to stick with commodities, consumables and injury repair stuff all the time (except battleship, dreadnought and ground captain extra drops which actually work just as designed)? It really slows down energy credit making a lot if you can only turn in components, food, charges etc. Thanks for taking note of this major issue. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will max level players finally get marked (XII) gear drops in single player mission or will we have to stick with commodities, consumables and injury repair stuff all the time (except battleship, dreadnought and ground captain extra drops which actually work just as designed)? It really slows down energy credit making a lot if you can only turn in components, food, charges etc. Thanks for taking note of this major issue. :)

XII gear is already dropping commonly now.

Edit: I just saw your bug thread, I'll pay more attention to what's dropping what now. To be honest, I haven't played much single player content on my level 60 characters.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    just zero out all xp for mobs killed... you only get xp at the end of the mission for completing it.

recalculate xp for completing the mission.

you get X amount for Normal.

At advance if the mobs are 3 times harder (hp, shields, resists) you get roughly 3 times more xp.

If on Elite, mobs are 6 times harder than normal (HP, shields, resists) you get roughly 6 times more xp.

that way the ROI for playing on a harder setting is even.

Some games give a xp bonus for grouping... we can do that here as well... so if you group more mobs spawn and at the end you get more xp... how many xtra mobs spawn for each additional person in a group? scale the xp bonus to for grouping to just under that.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    will it fix the existing upgraded version of the 8472 console?
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still no fix for the broken rep Thoron proc? Will this turn out to be like the 10% tet proc that's been broken for years? Bug report at
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1258561ep
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anyway, can we get some clarification on this: (it is from September 30th's tribble patch notes)
    All queues will reward Skill Points, Dilithium, and Crafting materials based on their difficulty level.
    • 8,000 – 16,000 Skill Points based on average time in queue.
    • 240, 480, or 960 Dilithium based on difficulty.

Right now we are receiving around 400 for advanced and around 600 for elite queue.
    Gameserver not found.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I saw no mention of the type 3 phaser rifle being upgradable. Is it even in the "known issues"?
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    birzark wrote: »
    i guess still no fix on all the load out reset issues, having to redo your tray every time you switch from ground back to space.

For me the most noticeable ability is Heavy Bio molecular Turret Barrage keeps being removed from my window, its the only ability that doesn't like to be placed on the tray.

Yeah, boffs and doffs are still being problematic. Regarding that Heavy Bio Molecular Turret Barrage: I've been having the same problem, but I wonder if it is related to the fact that I have noticed that the tac console that is part of that set likes to jump off my ship and into inventory when I beam up to ship, causing the barrage ability to disappear as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yaaayyy for ignoring those of us that use gamepad controllers. still broken since release of DR on holodeck. Getting sick of this, release of LOR, broken gamepads, waited for over a month for it to get fixed, and now, already 2 weeks in. But it was mentioned on tribble bugs months before release of DR, like it was with LOR, BUT IT GETS FREAKING IGNORED. FFS, FIX IT!!!
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • demuderdemuder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • Resolved an issue that was causing Fed-Aligned Romulans to sometimes received KDF-aligned Duty Officers from the R&D Assistance assignment.

Oh, that's very nice.

I guess this bug was game breaking for Fed Roms, unlike the one that prevents KDF Roms to train their boffs at all and actually get to use their new ships effectively.

Excellent prioritization there Cryptic.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Give us back our STF rewards and difficulties for Advanced and normal like they were, prior to Derp Rising.

Elite can stay super hard for Elitists, I dont care or mind.

But you do not understand the simplest gameing rule:

DO NOT MAKE MISSIONS HARDER AND MAKE THEM REWARD LESS!

The most basic gaming rule is that harder content rewards more! Everybody who played a computer game knows that.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.45.20141019a.4.

[*]Added upgrade functionality to the Borg Assimilated console.
    • And there was much rejoicing!

*rejoice* :)

Two observations:
    The Voth transphasic torpedo which comes pre-equipped with the Voth Bulwark is still "leveless"; no upgrade option.

The "Omnidirectional AP Beam" questreward from sphere of influence does not change its values to a proper XII Omnidirectional beam array when "upgrading" from leveless to MK XII. Its more in line with MK X items.
  • viper1422viper1422 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What about some of the other items that we would like upgraded? I've heard very little about the Polarized Tetryon beams! Those are a lot of fun to use. Can we have the ability to upgrade those beams too?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same thing happened with tac consoles accidentally getting set to Mk XIV a little while ago--how do you accidentally change the values of a console.

I always felt the same that it was deliberate.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    I've recently submitted a patch to fix a bug that prevented upgrading of some of the type 3 phaser rifles, and add upgrade functionality to the polarized tetryon beam arrays, disruptor-plasma hybrid arrays, and adaptive transphasic torpedo. Keep your eyes out for patch notes once it gets through testing.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    I've recently submitted a patch to fix a bug that prevented upgrading of some of the type 3 phaser rifles, and add upgrade functionality to the polarized tetryon beam arrays, disruptor-plasma hybrid arrays, and adaptive transphasic torpedo. Keep your eyes out for patch notes once it gets through testing.

Any word on the Nanopulse weapons? One is the weapon of choice for my Ferasan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Any word on the Nanopulse weapons? One is the weapon of choice for my Ferasan.

Next on my list.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Next on my list.

Thanks Jesse!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Next on my list.

As long as we're asking questions, did we ever get a clear answer as to whether or not pre-crafting update Aegis sets were supposed to be non-upgradeable as they are now?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited October 2014

O yeah.. been waiting for those
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.