What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - October 27, 2014

13»

Comments

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    I've recently submitted a patch to fix a bug that prevented upgrading of some of the type 3 phaser rifles, and add upgrade functionality to the polarized tetryon beam arrays, disruptor-plasma hybrid arrays, and adaptive transphasic torpedo. Keep your eyes out for patch notes once it gets through testing.

Yessssssssssssssssssssss More patch notes like this one please ^

I feel that this is one of the things that has been lacking since DR went live. Most of the upgrade fixes haven't actually been announced so I have no idea if it's safe to upgrade my stuff or if I'm going to lose my Tal Shiar Deflector's special stats or my [borg] mods, or a slew of other issues.
    myrnwyn wrote: »
    As long as we're asking questions, did we ever get a clear answer as to whether or not pre-crafting update Aegis sets were supposed to be non-upgradeable as they are now?

I thought I saw a patch note or a bug report about this that had a dev response saying it was not intended and should be fixed.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um, Jesse... not that weapon fixes aren't important... but there are several players who can't play many of the Delta Quadrant patrols because the maps lag so bad. I've reported this SEVERAL times now. Is the issue even being looked at? Or is 2 frames per second part of the challenge of the map, and at this point "intentional"?
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Um, Jesse... not that weapon fixes aren't important... but there are several players who can't play many of the Delta Quadrant patrols because the maps lag so bad. I've reported this SEVERAL times now. Is the issue even being looked at? Or is 2 frames per second part of the challenge of the map, and at this point "intentional"?

Server lag is the province of the programmers. I am merely a designer. :)

I know that our programmers are continuing to work on optimizations to help our server load. It's an ongoing process -- they improve performance, then we designers make more complex missions!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014

I know that our programmers are continuing to work on optimizations to help our server load. It's an ongoing process -- they improve performance, then we designers make more complex missions!

The lag affects DQ patrols more than any others.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Jesse, if it helps I can pin point the problem with some of the maps:

The round purple gas volume your using in maps like Sakari is just terribly unopitmized, and to top it off, we can see the edges of it so clearly it looks like its out of the 90s. (I really hate to be that down about it, but its the honest answer)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2014

It's not server lag. The SERVER is fine. It's the FRAME RATE that's the issue. Those maps, for some reason, just have no capability to have double-digit FPS. Something isn't optimized properly. Best example is the Sakari system, but it applies to Nassordin, Parein, Legira, and Jarleth - though, this isn't a complete list. If I can, I'll record a video of the issue - I'll need to find a recorder, but that won't be too hard, I hope. And I really wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. The frame-rate in those systems is single-digits at times.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Again, an issue that is probably outside of my control -- if it's an unoptimized piece of artwork, then it's up to an environment artist. I'll see about getting some artistic eyes on it. (I am unable to draw a straight line with a ruler, so I have to stick what I know how to do.)
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Again, an issue that is probably outside of my control -- if it's an unoptimized piece of artwork, then it's up to an environment artist. I'll see about getting some artistic eyes on it. (I am unable to draw a straight line with a ruler, so I have to stick what I know how to do.)

Is there a fix coming for the gamepad controllers not working? If so, when?
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why Hasn't the hot bar issue been addressed with atleast a known issue listing? 27 pages of ppl with the issue in one thread alone and no comments or updates... It is a game breaker if none of the work arounds work for a player has made me almost quit the game a few times it is so maddening.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *rejoice* :)

Two observations:
    The Voth transphasic torpedo which comes pre-equipped with the Voth Bulwark is still "leveless"; no upgrade option.

The "Omnidirectional AP Beam" questreward from sphere of influence does not change its values to a proper XII Omnidirectional beam array when "upgrading" from leveless to MK XII. Its more in line with MK X items.

I guess you already had that one on your list. But otherwise; whuzza that AP Beam one was fast fixed :eek:

Now its just looking forward to see the Voth Torp upgradeable :)
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i'd like some confirmation about what happens to an already claimed hierarchy boff by kdf/rom kdf faction being assigned to starfleet faction.

will those get somehow fixed to work right, or will there be some kind of dil store reclaim for them so they can at least be dismissed and claimed again to correct the wrong faction and allow them to be trained in sci powers.

the newly claimed ones don't seem trainable either, but maybe that fix didn't go to tribble yet.

edit: apparently they just get fixed. good thing i got sick of waiting and claimed them on all my alts before the patch.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm...

Another 'exclusive' race for LTS folks? Hrm.

That might be seen as foreboding from PWE/Cryptic.

When was the last time they gave something all new to them? Usually they're feeling like they're not cared about in favor of the people still giving them money.

I'm curious whether it might be something to do with the Cooperative being in the game now, and more liberated Borgs there who might look at another alternative to help elsewhere.

I hate to be cynical like that, but well...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is there any word on the fact that when changing what school you're viewing in R&D sometime it doesn't change at all? This becomes an issue when trying to start research projects as it will still be stuck in the previous school.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Is there any word on the fact that when changing what school you're viewing in R&D sometime it doesn't change at all? This becomes an issue when trying to start research projects as it will still be stuck in the previous school.

Thank god it's not just me. So far the only fix I've found is switching maps. Very irritating.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tasshena wrote: »
    Hmm...

Another 'exclusive' race for LTS folks? Hrm.

That might be seen as foreboding from PWE/Cryptic.

When was the last time they gave something all new to them? Usually they're feeling like they're not cared about in favor of the people still giving them money.

I'm curious whether it might be something to do with the Cooperative being in the game now, and more liberated Borgs there who might look at another alternative to help elsewhere.

I hate to be cynical like that, but well...

indeed , just hit 300 days and the rewards were very poor (not interested in the stupid fireworks emote)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank god it's not just me. So far the only fix I've found is switching maps. Very irritating.

I've found that switching back and forth between schools a couple times will fix that.

At least they fixed the delay issue with the Start button being grayed out. Now if only they would fix the issue with Doff assignments not finishing while offline... waiting 5 minutes for everything to complete 1 at a time after logging in is such a pain.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited November 2014
    I've found that switching back and forth between schools a couple times will fix that.

At least they fixed the delay issue with the Start button being grayed out. Now if only they would fix the issue with Doff assignments not finishing while offline... waiting 5 minutes for everything to complete 1 at a time after logging in is such a pain.

Yeah the Doff completion seems to have come about since they 'fixed' an issue some people (never saw it myself, but apparently it was happening) were having where missions failed to complete. It's so annoying when you're trying to run through all of your toons to set them up and you've got to sit and wait for each of them to complete 20+ assignments, plus R+D before you can start up any new projects. Whoever thought this was a good idea, was very very wrong.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah the Doff completion seems to have come about since they 'fixed' an issue some people (never saw it myself, but apparently it was happening) were having where missions failed to complete. It's so annoying when you're trying to run through all of your toons to set them up and you've got to sit and wait for each of them to complete 20+ assignments, plus R+D before you can start up any new projects. Whoever thought this was a good idea, was very very wrong.

Most annoying thing right now is trying to collect 20 assignments from 20+ characters and have to wait 5-10 minutes for each character to complete. One big reason why I don't login or if I do its a very short duration. They really screwed up the game with DR in multiple aspects.
    edited November 2014
    Most annoying thing right now is trying to collect 20 assignments from 20+ characters and have to wait 5-10 minutes for each character to complete. One big reason why I don't login or if I do its a very short duration. They really screwed up the game with DR in multiple aspects.

God, if I had 20+ characters to do it on, I think I'd have gouged my eyes out by now. It's bad enough on 15 characters haha.