test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dead Queues

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I enjoyed the DR story as well.
    1. Return the Old Elite ques as they used to be with the same rewards. (Call them Advanced.)

Think that one alone would be the greatest improvement which could be done and I do believe it would solve a lot of other problems on the fly.

I for one never had to worry about XP the past few years when I was able to run end game the way it way available. Same counted for Dil and marks.

Players seem to have REJECTED the advanced contend on a large scale.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    inkrunner wrote: »

Where do you see that massive drop-off in those charts?

The only thing I see isthat since LOR, the player numbers over all have dropped after a good increase, and now there is another spike around the time of Delta Rising.

The player numbers are now still better than the preceding weeks.

LOR had 2,656.1 players on average in its month on release, DR has 2,499.8 (but DR has not yet had a full month.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited October 2014

LOR had 2,656.1 players on average in its month on release, DR has 2,499.8 (but DR has not yet had a full month.)

I dont think the relevant numbers are the ones from the moth of an actual release but rather those from the moth after the release.

New stuff always attracts players, question is if it’s good enough to keep em in game.
    animated.gif
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The only thing I see isthat since LOR, the player numbers over all have dropped after a good increase, and now there is another spike around the time of Delta Rising.

On average. With DR you would expect a big spike on average, right? ;)
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the time spent?

I had switched to Dyson ground, Nukara ground, Romulus ground/tau dewa patrol, Dyson sphere Undine battleground, and whatever borg red alerts I stumble across/defari. I swing by and do the fleet daily, and...hit a part of the delta patrol/episodes for the bonus mark box when I'm in the area.

What I do depends on where my characters happen to be and, what...if any, marks they are out of.

Instead of various queues, a half dozen times a day (per character (5)), I do what's handy and play the exchange market.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ques are still dead.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    The exception is normal queues.
    momaw wrote: »

Mission is harder, takes 3 times longer, gives half the reward, and you're wondering why the queues are dead?

Well if the idea is to turn STO into an "events only" type of game , then it's clearly on the right path ... .

Cryptic *is* labeled PWE's R&D arm , and the nonpaying F2P players *are* a part of the product , so I would not be all too surprised to see that this is all in all just one more "research project" .
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I would suggest looking at the whole picture, looking at the numbers critically, and as "indicators" (i.e. that's only Steam but it is indicative of movements up or down, and proportionally between one period and another).

The top graph shows the "highest number on at once" and from that you can see a large hump with a long 'tail' to the right showing that LoR had the highest total on plus a long time (two months) to lose that. This seems to have been the model they should have built upon to maintain momentum.

December/January and May seem to be the Winter event/Summer event 'humps', that likewise show a lower, yet still sustained, hump each.

There's a tiny hump (hover over to see Sep 1) which I suspect is the R&D launch.

Then there's the latest hump, which shows a two-week rise to the mid-5ks, followed by a tail right down to mid-4ks (which was the level of the winter and summer events but these were sustained).

On these "Highest players on at one time" then LoR was far more successful than the DR two week hump. Looking at these figures, the drop-off from last week to this week is something like 18 percent.

Looking at Average Players is a bit difficult because we're within that DR hump at the moment. If we were to take May 2013 as LoR's main period and "Last 30 days" as DR's, then LoR was still more successful by about five percent. Yet, reading together with the upper graph, it appears that LoR had a longer tail as DR seems to be dropping off already into "summer event" territory.

If you click into "Seven Days" and compare hour-on-hour, there also appears to be a fairly steady drop-off in login status. Ditto with "One Month" but it starts getting tricky to read there because the points are so close together.

Of course, the success also depends on "who" logged in, how much was spent in dollar terms, costs of the various 'launches' to determine an actual percentage Return on Investment. These are figures we simply don't have. However, the figures we do have (as limited as they are) suggest that LoR was most successful at gaining and maintaining momentum for at least a little time, and that DR seems to have suffered both from an inability to reach LoR's top-level of engagement, as well as potentially suffering from an early heavy drop-off in player interest.

Time will tell but these figures wouldn't make me say that DR is any sort of unqualified success, and I'd go further and say that if that drop-off is allowed to continue, DR will be a minor blip in STO's history of highlights.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wanted to try some ground builds and , from a quick check up, the only quite active queues were bug hunt , normal and advanced and borg disconnected .... colony invasion and rhi'hoo not bad ... Dyson always populated like a big city mall. Why?
    Because I guess people, right now, are busy doing 2 things:
    1. grinding delta marks
    2. leveling up
    STFs and ground in general are not good to level up, so , to do so, they do patrols ... and grinding dilithium is never bad all times of the season.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The queues are dead and puging advance is still quite pointless with crystalline catastrophe the one exception. No word from cryptic so it might be working as intended? If so that's pretty sad.
    edited October 2014
    Star Trek Online : Everything is Awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGnH6JPsv7E

I thought that was Priority 1's intro theme ... ;)
    edited October 2014
    tankfox23 wrote: »

Empty queues mean casuals have nothing to do. Whales can't show off all the gear they bought. The game dies because there's nothing to hold anyone's interest.

Yeah , except in STO , many a whale lives in their own self-segregated community ... , be they Fleets , high DPS channels or PVP players .
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It never happened i tell you not a single Q has died, everything is just fine in the continuum, now if you would excuse me, I have business to attend to on Kabali Prime...

*giggles*
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited October 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Yeah , except in STO , many a whale lives in their own self-segregated community ... , be they Fleets , high DPS channels or PVP players .

They may feel the changes to current end game last but I think they feel it eventually.
    animated.gif
    edited October 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    j

get your act together cryptic

most people want to do space and get equal reward to dyson ground...not 1/10th of the reward

Heh ... keep asking for that and they will equalize Dyson ground with space ... . :)
  • tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The battlezones are probably next in line to be nerfed so it fits in with their metrics. I wouldn't remind them of it too much. If it spikes in their metrics guaranteed nerf.

That why they changed the Borg elites, they rewarded disproportionally more than the other queues based on a time/reward metric.
    edited October 2014
    They may feel the changes to current end game last but I think they feel it eventually.

Well I cant's speak for every Fleet certainly , but apart from the many similar sentiments that are expressed on the forums as well , some fleets have the "we shall overcome" attitude ... , along with "Cryptic has to wake up eventually" .

Heck , Jupiter Force had a public event this weekend , so it seems to me some ppl are trying to generate fun (much like the VPVP channel) in places where Cryptic dropped the ball .

I just hope we won't have to wait for some Quarterly revenue statistic before the changes and award reversals take place .
    edited October 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    Or a way to artificially beef up their login metrics. If players have been boycotting heavily and numbers dropping at such a crucial time, they need to lure people back in somehow. If only to show the PWE bosses running things how 'healthy' and active the playerbase is.
    valoreah wrote: »
    Active logins don't mean squat unless people are buying stuff.

Well yes and no .
    An expected / preforming spike @ content release can be seen as an expected spike in revenue .

In our case , with the decline in player base , the reverse may be true .
    edited October 2014
    Well I cant's speak for every Fleet certainly , but apart from the many similar sentiments that are expressed on the forums as well , some fleets have the "we shall overcome" attitude ... , along with "Cryptic has to wake up eventually" .

Seems to reflect the ones I’m in pretty well but even in there players act differently. For the most part when they look at pve endgame they tend to me. B4 DR there was never an issue to carry any group through an stf with 1-2 good players in team. Now it’s a mess. While advanced groups can deal with the advanced contend easily weak teams don’t bother trying.

What’s so sad to see is that the so called “average team”, a mixed group seems to suffer the most.

And as this thread is titled, simply taking 2 fleeties and going on a pug has become almost no option anymore.
    I just hope we won't have to wait for some Quarterly revenue statistic before the changes and award reversals take place .

I'm afraid many players would be gone by then.
    animated.gif
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    75% of all people in the world don't like change.

They messed with STFs most favorite content in the game.

Now over 75% of the players are upset.

Don't mess with the STFs.

Now is the time to change the STF rewards back.
    download.jpg
    edited October 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    Problem with that is the direction of the expansion is not a new or a stand-alone concept.

For the past 2 years they have consistently reduced or even just deleted all features they felt benefit the players.

Starting out with eSTF that used to drop everything for free put behind time-gates and a 30,000 dil price tag per drop - that sort has consistently happened to every feature in the whole game but it did take them 2 years to do to everything.

When you look it over you will see quite clearly it's everything ranging from doff upgrinder to vendor trash to exploration to leveling through mirror event to running alts.

The only thing they all had in common was benefiting the players.

It's been so dramatic and significant that everything in the whole game has been reduced to useless - the queues' nerf of dil for example is the 3rd pass nerf of dil with a huge increase in work load.

For the most parts all those terrible decisions were coped with, developers were what you had to live with - if you could - and now it's to the point there is nothing left in the game, not even the queues.

I cleaned out my locker today, put all mail items in inventory to prep for long time in-activity - haven't played one single map since the japori block and nerf, nor will I.

This recent waste of our time just about does it.

As much as I was willing to cope with them deleting mirror event, tour the galaxy, upgrinder, exploration, console fabrication, doff colonization etc. etc. I now want it back.

I want our dil from the queues back and I want our drops on eSTF pre s.7 back.

This is no longer about the levels they stole from people but about everything they've stolen over the course of 2½ years.

It's scary how much I agree with all of this .
    Not so much with the wanting it all back (not because I don't wan't it , but because I see it as likely as I see the old STF'S returning) -- but as to the rest of it ... -- that is what (sadly) Taco's & Jem Jamz's pretty art hid for far too long .

It's all there , all the theft we had to put up with "for our benefit" in one single post .

... I'm sure stuff is missing , like the removal of our Rep powers that only allow us to slot a few , but the gist of it is there ... .
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    10,000,000 people could have logged in over the weekend. It doesn't mean diddly if none of those people bought anything.

think some do forget that and being online and buying nothing cost cryptic/PWE money someone got to pay to keep the server going electricity is not free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Crypic: "Look we made the STF's and other endgame content harder for you!"

Players: "But we can't finish them, they have too many HP's our ships can't manage that!"

Cryptic: "but look we've added a nice new crafting system to get your gear up to Mk XIV epic quality"

Players: "but we can't afford to use the crafting system, we need resources but those are locked behind the new harder STFs. How do we get good rewards to pay for the crafting!"

Cryptic: "look the new harder STFs pay out the best rewards, they will pay your way"

Players: "........:confused:!

Endless loop ensues.....

At this point more then a few players are at this point :

Players: "Cryptic , do you see this mint $10 ?"

Cryptic: "Yes we do . Please buy Zen ."

Players: "We would rather torch this bill then buy Zen." /$10 bill gets set afire/

Cryptic: "Would you like a Zen discount , or some free Lobi perhaps ?"

Players: "........:confused:!

.... not so endless loop ensues.....
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes you are right. Queues look empty. Takes me ages to get into a pug group. Lots of admirals forced into early retirement because of the idiotic reward nerfs and balance not to mention the annoying bugs. My pet bug is the one where the power tray disappears whenever I go to a ground mission.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
    edited October 2014
    Every time I've logged in I see those announcements that some player has gotten the new lock box ship popping up what seems like every two or three minutes. So a lot of people are still spending money.

as you ppl love to so point out you get lockbox key by grind :) oh then you got the one with one bill EC on multiple toons :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2014
    10,000,000 people could have logged in over the weekend. It doesn't mean diddly if none of those people bought anything.

If those theoretical ppl would each have made some Dil during the Dil weekend , which would at a later date would have fueled the game's Dil based economy + they would have provided the owners of Zen an opportunity for lower Dil exchange rates .

Sadly none of that happened ... in theory .
    edited October 2014
    I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this was mentioned before.

Isn't it possible that with the recent changes in both difficulty and the ability to grief teams by deliberately failing optionals that players have chosen to exercise the option of forming private teams rather than risk the queues to saddle them with unprepared puggers or worse griefers?

ya i dont buy in to that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2014
    I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this was mentioned before.

Isn't it possible that with the recent changes in both difficulty and the ability to grief teams by deliberately failing optionals that players have chosen to exercise the option of forming private teams rather than risk the queues to saddle them with unprepared puggers or worse griefers?

Thought so as well but the endgame options as in space pve have come to a such sad state that everyone not contributing some 10k dps is basically grieving.
    animated.gif
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's scary how much I agree with all of this .
    Not so much with the wanting it all back (not because I don't wan't it , but because I see it as likely as I see the old STF'S returning) -- but as to the rest of it ... -- that is what (sadly) Taco's & Jem Jamz's pretty art hid for far too long .

It's all there , all the theft we had to put up with "for our benefit" in one single post .

... I'm sure stuff is missing , like the removal of our Rep powers that only allow us to slot a few , but the gist of it is there ... .

Don't forget Club 47 and Deja Q. Pretty art doesn't do it for me when there is nothing left to do in the game due to the Dilithium and loot rewards being so completely shafted. I definitely agree with the post you quoted as well.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Both of our fleets normally run only Fleet Team STFs via TeamSpeak .

We only did one over the weekend as we all busy leveling ALTs.

With new content and the need to level one would think people are busy.

Now the entire difficulty fiscal sure killed off a lot players.

We lost 5 or so players who said they changed the STFs.

75% of all people in the world don't like change, who knew players are people.
    download.jpg