test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - October 27, 2014

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.45.20141019a.4.

General:
  • Updating Tribble to include a number of missing experience point and balance changes that are already on Holodeck.
  • Updated Mindscape:
    • Added bulletproofing to make this less susceptible to breaking in the Astrometrics area.
    • Resolved an issue that could cause Voyager to get lost during the fluidic space battle.
    • Lowered the spawn rate of enemy bioships during the fluidic space battle.
  • Both ranks of Quick Draw have been reworked to be a passive effect.
    • Previously it was triggered by ability activation.
    • This resolves an issue that was causing abilities already in cooldown to gain a cooldown benefit when additional abilities were activated.
    • The cooldown reduction is now always a fixed percentage, but that value has been raised to 10% @ Rank 1 and 20% @ Rank 2.
    • This cooldown reduction now affects all non-weapon abilities, by design.
      • Previously it was accidentally affecting only a few non-Kit abilities.
    • The descriptions for these abilities have been updated to reflect the new functionality.
  • Quick Deployment now correctly reduces the recharge time and XP gain of hangar pets.
  • Resolved an issue that caused the Xindi Narcine Carrier T5-U from displaying the correct Starship Mastery passive abilities.
    • The ship was getting the correct abilities, but the UI showed incorrect ones.
    • This is a text change only.
  • Kinetic Magnet Intelligence Bridge Officer Ability updated.
    • Fragile damage threshold increased from 10,000 / 15,000 / 20,000 to 20,000 / 30,000 / 40,000.
  • Ionic Turbulence Intelligence Bridge Officer Ability updated.
    • Chance to trigger "Out Of Control" changed from 20% / 35% / 50% to 20% / 30% / 40%.
    • Lockout/Immunity period from affected by "Out of Control" increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds.
    • Strength of repel during "Out of Control" reduced by 20%.
    • Fixed a tooltip error that indicated the Hold from "Out of Control" lasts 3 seconds, when it actually only lasts 2 seconds.
      • This is a text change only.
  • Updated the display name and proc chance for the Thoron Infused Quantum Mines.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing Fed-Aligned Romulans to sometimes received KDF-aligned Duty Officers from the R&D Assistance assignment.
  • Added upgrade functionality to the Borg Assimilated console.
    • And there was much rejoicing!
  • The Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay will no longer become worse when upgraded.
  • 20-hour R&D Research projects no longer have their start button greyed out.
  • Players who have crafting levels below 15 will no longer have the traits for those crafting schools, with no "Invalid Skills" respec required in the Skills tab of the Character Status Window.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oct 2??...when did we rewind time
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oct 2??...when did we rewind time

Maybe D'Angelo decided that retrospective hissy fits also work with patches?
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This genuinely made me LOL! :D
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Lets do the Time Warp again!
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guess the game no longer has any "Known Issues". All Issues fixed (And there was much rejoicing!)
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lets do the Time Warp again!

(Riff Raff) It's astounding
    Time is fleeting
    Madness takes it's toll...

(Magenta) Ahh...

(Riff Raff) But listen closely...

(Magenta) Not for very much longer...

(Riff Raff) I've got to keep control.
    I remember doing the Time Warp.
    Drinking those moments when
    The blackness would hit me.

(Riff Raff & Magenta) And the void would be calling.

(Guests) Let's do the Time Warp again.
    Let's do the Time Warp again.

(Narrator) It's just a jump to the left.

(Guests) And then a step to the right.

(Narrator) With your hand on your hips.

(Guests) You bring your knees in tight.
    But it's the pelvic thrust.
    They really drive you insane.

(Magenta) It's so dreamy
    Oh, fantasy free me
    So you can't see me
    No not at all.

In another dimension
    With voyeuristic intention.
    Well secluded I see all...

(Riff Raff) With a bit of a mind flip...

(Magenta) You're into a time slip...

(Riff Raff) And nothing can ever be the same.

(Magenta) You're spaced out on sensation.

(Riff Raff) Like you're under sedation.

(Columbia) Well, I was walking down the street
    Just having a think
    When a snake of a guy
    Gave me an evil wink.
    Well it shook me up
    It took me by surprise
    He had a pick-up truck
    And the devil's eyes
    He stared at me
    And I felt a change
    Time meant nothing
    Never would again.

(Narrator) With your hands on your hips.

(Guests) You bring you knees in tight.
    But it's the pelvic thrust...
    That really drives you insane
    Let's do the Time Warp again

(Columbia) Ah! Oh! Oh! Yeoooww...
    Ahhhh.

(Narrator) With your hands on your hips.

(Guests) You bring your knees in tight.
    But it's the pelvic thrust
    They really drive you insane.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Where's known issue "Dyson Ground Set Bonus 'Hunker Down' cannot be used"?
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The known issues are the same as the previous build. I am only posting the additions. :)
  • aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any chance you will take notice that

1. neutronic torpedo is not affected by torp CDR doffs

2. that when you press space bar to fire all weapons it resets the GDC on torpedoes locking you out from firing for 3-10 seconds ??

3.The fact that auto fire doesnt always work and the weapons just sit there without firing from 2-10 seconds ???

None of these are known issues since yet ?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Or how the T6 Guardian has T3 Hull Healing and Shield Healing modifiers (or something along that line - it's basically the exact same bug that one of the new Lockbox ships had - except the Lockbox ship got fixed in the first patch).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And elite fleet shields don't adapt.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • g0mjabbarg0mjabbar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I and others had this problem because we put one of the Dyson items in the upgrade window and didn't upgrade it (or maybe did), but we solved it by removing all three pieces from your character, placing each one in the upgrade window and then taking them back out, and re-equipping. Voila, Hunker Down reappears. Hope it works for you!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • This cooldown reduction now affects all non-weapon abilities, by design.
      • Previously it was accidentally affecting only a few non-Kit abilities.

Sweeeeeeet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXHRR5zAdz0

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • thecallup1thecallup1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Added upgrade functionality to the Borg Assimilated console.

YESSS! I was starting to think you all forgot about it, very well!
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just about every STO player I associate with still wants their dilithium rewards for space and ground Borg STF's to return to pre-Delta Rising levels. Many of us who enjoy that content and badly need the dilithium remain highly discouraged and are disinclined to spend further real-life cash on Zen, and keep in mind that a lot of us used to be big spenders in STO!

480 - normal, 960 - advanced, 1440 - elite please! Also, some daily missions that award dilithium and/or ways to earn significant (i.e. - more than tiny little bits) dilithium on Kobali Prime would be awesome. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • bada4boombada4boom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do we really get a free ship upgrade token for Veteran 800? I don't see it in the patch notes (did I miss it?) but I got a new accolade upon logging in and I found a ship upgrade box in my mail.

Is it going to go to Holodeck as well? If yes, then thank you, it is much appreciated.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    So come up to the lab and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver with antici... pation.
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just about every STO player I associate with still wants their dilithium rewards for space and ground Borg STF's to return to pre-Delta Rising levels. Many of us who enjoy that content and badly need the dilithium remain highly discouraged and are disinclined to spend further real-life cash on Zen, and keep in mind that a lot of us used to be big spenders in STO!

480 - normal, 960 - advanced, 1440 - elite please! Also, some daily missions that award dilithium and/or ways to earn significant (i.e. - more than tiny little bits) dilithium on Kobali Prime would be awesome. Thanks.

+1 for that. Absolutely. Every word.
  • aramasu1aramasu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And nothing about KDF Rom's trying to train their BOFFs either. Sure.. can go do that on Qu'Nos.. but that doesn't help me train captain only skills.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nothing about potato boff on kdf/kdf roms too.

i guess he'll end up being an useless, untrainable, unusable waste of a boff slot unless i dismiss him, at which point i doubt i'll be able to reclaim him.

http://i.imgur.com/28Lqbho.png
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Or how the T6 Guardian has T3 Hull Healing and Shield Healing modifiers (or something along that line - it's basically the exact same bug that one of the new Lockbox ships had - except the Lockbox ship got fixed in the first patch).

I thought that was last set of gribble notes dealing with him.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay will no longer become worse when upgraded.

I knew if I finally gave up and switched weapons it would get fixed. :P
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Haven't fix the FPS Lag issues in the Patrols on DR. I'll report those under bugs.. Hope someone there is listening...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Agreed, the base dilithium rewards should be higher for Advanced and Elite. That said, these rewards can be more than made up in the form of marks. The real problem is the fact that marks take 15 seconds per 50 to convert to 500 dilithium ore. It would be so much less tedious if we could just buy 500 (marks)/1000 (neural processors) ore dilithium crates from the reputation dilithium store like we could back in Season 5 with pre-rep STF rewards.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A emergency review, the EXP gain.
    Qapla'
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • Updating Tribble to include a number of missing experience point and balance changes that are already on Holodeck.
    In other words, the XP gains on Holodeck are the deal... Not a bug, not being fixed, this is what it will be
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I see no fix for my EPS Manifold Trait being broken. I also haven't seen a reply from CrypticFrost since he asked for the character name of which the bug was affecting.

Link to Bug Report
    Link to Tweet (Photo of Bug included)

Can I least get an update of if my reports been received and being looked into?
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm still waiting on a Veteran Starship requistion token that we can use on T6 Ships XD
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This. Also, make advanced easier. Elite can remain as hard as you want it to be, I dont care. Don't you guys at Cryptic notice the ques are empty?!?!

And give us some XP boosts, the current values are HORRIBLE!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    This. Also, make advanced easier. Elite can remain as hard as you want it to be, I dont care. Don't you guys at Cryptic notice the ques are empty?!?!

And give us some XP boosts, the current values are HORRIBLE!

Something tells me if they ever intended to do something about it they would have done it by now. As it is I have a feeling this is going to be the sate of things, though I'm more than happy for them to prove me wrong between now and Thursday.

I'd like to see the dil rewards made back up to what they should be, I'd like to see advanced made like the old elites so that it gives newer folks a chance to get the BNP's or whatever they need to get gear, and xp should be boosted ten fold.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.