test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why did you ruin the game?

13»

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you want quality content you got to pay for it no if and or buts about it why do you think DR has more patrol then real story episodes because yall want high priced VO and have it free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    I didn't say it was great, I just said at this point, it is better than STO's. Its model is it wants you to subscribe to play, STO is unless you want to take an eternity to get a maxed out character, pay us money, oh btw we'll make it harder by increasing difficulty (I have no problem with this) and then reducing rewards given (I have a problem with this), and tying necessary components do the Advanced Difficulty STFs (BNPs/APCs) as the only way to get them. That is not conducive to a Casual/Pug friendly model.

Oh noes, you need "an eternity" to get a maxed out character in an MMO! :rolleyes:

I've said this many times - BNPs/APCs are only for Omega/Delta rep. Undine/Dyson/Romulan/Nukara don't need queues.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I've said this many times - BNPs/APCs are only for Omega/Delta rep. Undine/Dyson/Romulan/Nukara don't need queues.

Perhaps there's some misunderstandings here. My attempt to clarify...

All 6 Rep trees - Omega, Dyson, Romulan, Undine (Counter Command), Nukara, and the new Delta - can be levelled through tier 5, giving all the abilities, on the strength of marks, expertise, and ECs alone.

So, as long as you get the marks, you can level freely.

However, BNPs (Omega), APCs (Delta), VCIs (Dyson) and whatever the "input" of Counter Command is, are all necessary for the acquisition of the set(s) available in that reputation.
    These "inputs" are earned mostly from the "advanced and elite" level queues. VCIs can be earned from the Dyson battleground (usually to the tune of 5 when you beat the 3 dinos) and I think those Counter Command ones can be picked up after the planet killers in the Undine battlezone. Haven't explored Defera to see if the hards there grant BNPs or not, otherwise, it's a "queue only", and so far Kobali Prime (the Delta battlezone) hasn't been known to grant APCs, so it's also "queue only".

For the official record, the "inputs" are available in those daily/hourly boxes as random loot, but we all know how the RNG is with on doling out enough item chips...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    oridjerraa wrote: »
    To the OP, I 100% agree. Cryptic has killed any mission with higher than normal rewards. They want us to buy R&D packs, and they want us to buy Dil. I use to run a variety of elite missions everyday. I have not run them, in pugs, since DR release. I refuse to feel like A dog getting kicked out of the house for a failed optional. That is an INSULTING feeling.

A casual game suddenly requiring fulltime fleet support to run content is the dumbest idea I've seen in a game since Masters of Orion 3.

Take heart in the fact that the queues are nearly empty. With nothing to do once the DR single player content is completed players will evaporate and major changes will have to come or Cryptic will lose STO.

It is very insulting. I'm trying to have hope changes will come, I really loved this game. I've met some really varied and interesting people in this game and its sad. =-/
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    you want quality content you got to pay for it no if and or buts about it why do you think DR has more patrol then real story episodes because yall want high priced VO and have it free

That is a good point!
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah WHY did you ruin the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I was paying for STO. My Kumari, Oddy, and Vesta packs, the Defiant, and a few others parked in dry dock for mothballing are proof.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was paying for STO. My Kumari, Oddy, and Vesta packs, the Defiant, and a few others parked in dry dock for mothballing are proof.

and why you get more ships than mission in a year :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and why you get more ships than mission in a year :P

How silly of me to support a game I liked by buying the stuff I liked with actual money, though I never saw any content packs in the store.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    All 6 Rep trees - Omega, Dyson, Romulan, Undine (Counter Command), Nukara, and the new Delta - can be levelled through tier 5, giving all the abilities, on the strength of marks, expertise, and ECs alone.

So, as long as you get the marks, you can level freely.

However, BNPs (Omega), APCs (Delta), VCIs (Dyson) and whatever the "input" of Counter Command is, are all necessary for the acquisition of the set(s) available in that reputation.
    These "inputs" are earned mostly from the "advanced and elite" level queues. VCIs can be earned from the Dyson battleground (usually to the tune of 5 when you beat the 3 dinos) and I think those Counter Command ones can be picked up after the planet killers in the Undine battlezone. Haven't explored Defera to see if the hards there grant BNPs or not, otherwise, it's a "queue only", and so far Kobali Prime (the Delta battlezone) hasn't been known to grant APCs, so it's also "queue only".

For the official record, the "inputs" are available in those daily/hourly boxes as random loot, but we all know how the RNG is with on doling out enough item chips...

That is all correct, as far as I know.
    I meant to point out that the Advanced/Elite queues are only necessary for Omega and Delta gear, not progression.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2014
    Here's my $0.02, which most likely won't be read by anyone of any importance.

The Delta Rising missions are fantastic. HOWEVER: I would like to keep doing them. I am currently stuck between missions, and this is not the first time, because I don't meet an arbitrary level requirement. I have no issues doing the content, and I play on Elite just to keep myself interested. XP needs to get a gain, quickly, because I will NEVER, EVER, EVER purchase an XP boost. They need to look in to what WoW is doing... $50 should let one boost a character to level 60 from level 1, in my opinion.

Another thing is the pants-on-head stupid approach to ships in this game now. Ok, look. I have wanted to fly the Dauntless since I first started playing this game, and was genuinely excited for the opportunity. But my science officer is a Romulan, so the Dauntless isn't available. The dauntless isn't even an official fed ship, it's an alien fake. And Klinks and Roms need science vessels bad... why not throw us a bone, eh?

Finally, the upgrade system is far, far, FAR too expensive. It should be a straight boost from your starting mark to XIV, with each additional filling of the bar netting you a quality increase, not a CHANCE at a quality increase.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Oh noes, you need "an eternity" to get a maxed out character in an MMO! :rolleyes:

Been playing MMOs for over 10 years and it never took an "eternity" to have a max level character with all the bells and whistles. I've played SWG (almost 8 years) STO since beta, and SWTOR for 2 years from beta. In SWG I had the same gear from the mod revamp to sunset. A few tweaks here and there but otherwise the same. Then played SWTOR and after and chased the gear carrot. Got tired of that..BUT GUESS WHAT I can wear what gear I want because I can switch the mods out and skins are tied to reputation. Here I have to use a different ship if I want to increase a tier. T5U might be ok now, but what about when they introduce T6 Fleet Ships?

PWE/Cryptic needs to make up their mind as to whether they want a Sand Box or Linear Theme Park MMO. My advice would be to stick with linear, their stories are great, the sandboxy patrols are not.

I also played with the same guild in all of them. I am the only one that logs in somewhat regularly in STO, the others have since quit since Crafting 3.0 or will only log in for the winter and summer events. They are all waiting for the Repopulation and Star Citizen.

No major expansion or update should take 6 months to a year finish. 90-120 days max..if players want it sooner by all means add the finish now button.

If the advanced queues were worth it, people would use them to help level.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually yes you are and here's why. When people say Chinese they don't mean that the people who run PWE are chinese they mean the model they are using for this game is becoming more chinese. In China it's a well known fact that you pay per minute of being online on their internet services. In some games you actually pay for every transaction you do, sometimes with real money or a currency you only get with real money, it happens in every game. Korea does something similar they require this kind of transaction thing per item used or per point gained which is what this person is talking about.

Personally I am seeing this kind of Chinese market take over on all of the games Archeage, GW2, and NWO have been the most recent. It's terrible and what gets me is the idiots here who can't understand a bad deal when they see one are letting it happen! They are actually advocating for this kind of Chinese/Korean ripoff economics.
    Um... yeah.... how is that any worse than how Blizzard and other companies do it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I made some coffee, it was the most successful pot of coffee I ever made, with the smoothest flavor out of any of the other pots i made from that same can of coffee, it's time for a celebration!!!
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • trek801trek801 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with the OP. I hope Cryptic will fix this mess. A lot of people in my fleet are actively looking for a new game to play together. Many lost skill points and were never in TD. Some spent money on XP boosts and took time off from work to level up only to have their hard work taken away; and the STF's are a nightmare.

I urge Cryptic to:

1. Restore the skill points that were taken away.

2. Fix STF's to pre Delta levels. Restore the original rewards, the original optionals and XP for normal and advanced (formerly elite) stf's.

3. If people like the new "Elite" stf's then leave it but increase the rewards. Harder content deserves better rewards.

4. Restore XP to the pre-patch XP levels.

5. Apologize to your customers.

6. Be more accessible. We need a better way to contact you.

Cryptic, some of us WANT to feel like space/ground gods. That's the point of having high end gear. When you nerfed everything it felt like a slap in the face to us, like all our hard work was for nothing. I was not affected by the skill point loss but I AM affected by your angry customers and the high level of discontent currently with the game. I certainly will be greatly affected when many key players in my fleet leave STO as they are currently planning on doing.

Please reach out to your customers QUICKLY, talk to us and fix this.

And if you are looking for ways to earn more money, why not ask us? There are plenty of things many of us would be happy to spend money on but, speaking for myself, XP boosts are NOT one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    trek801 wrote: »

Cryptic, some of us WANT to feel like space/ground gods. That's the point of having high end gear. When you nerfed everything it felt like a slap in the face to us, like all our hard work was for nothing. I was not affected by the skill point loss but I AM affected by your angry customers and the high level of discontent currently with the game. I certainly will be greatly affected when many key players in my fleet leave STO as they are currently planning on doing..

YOU SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING AN MMO. EVER, if you feel this way. A MMO where you feel like a god, hands down, and no executions is a bad MMO endgame.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with the OP. I hope Cryptic will fix this mess. A lot of people in my fleet are actively looking for a new game to play together. Many lost skill points and were never in TD. Some spent money on XP boosts and took time off from work to level up only to have their hard work taken away; and the STF's are a nightmare.

I urge Cryptic to:

2. Fix STF's to pre Delta levels. Restore the original rewards, the original optionals and XP for normal and advanced (formerly elite) stf's.

3. If people like the new "Elite" stf's then leave it but increase the rewards. Harder content deserves better rewards.

Cryptic, some of us WANT to feel like space/ground gods. That's the point of having high end gear. When you nerfed everything it felt like a slap in the face to us, like all our hard work was for nothing. I was not affected by the skill point loss but I AM affected by your angry customers and the high level of discontent currently with the game. I certainly will be greatly affected when many key players in my fleet leave STO as they are currently planning on doing.

And if you are looking for ways to earn more money, why not ask us? There are plenty of things many of us would be happy to spend money on but, speaking for myself, XP boosts are NOT one of them.

+1 for this.

And I've got to add there's something supremely stupid about nerfing the heck out of everything so that as a player in Delta I felt like a total newbie again, only to have some NPC say to me, "You've really been making an impact here in the Delta Quadrant". That really rubbed it in how badly my ship is performing now that DR has turned everything I have into second-rate vendor trash.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I urge Cryptic to:

#2 and #3 alone would probably fix it for me and the vast majority of players I know in game for over 2,5 years.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    #2 and #3 alone would probably fix it for me and the vast majority of players I know in game for over 2,5 years.

Speeding up Crafting leveling would also help .... , now that it is integrated into gear progression .
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with the OP. I hope Cryptic will fix this mess. A lot of people in my fleet are actively looking for a new game to play...
    I have already found a new game to play. Once 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' is released, I am taking the next bus out of this sector block. rofl...

I want to eventually come back to STO; however, Cryptic will have to make some very important changes.
    I urge Cryptic to:

I think some of those suggestions are a good start. While I was not directly affected by the recent controversy, I do think the level progression is extremely intolerable.

*clock ticking*

'Dragon Age: Inquisition' is almost here.
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    YOU SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING AN MMO. EVER, if you feel this way. A MMO where you feel like a god, hands down, and no executions is a bad MMO endgame.

Your missing the point. Right now, most of feel like we've gone from 'gods' to 'clods'.

There has to be a feeling of reward to give purpose to the grind. I don;t want to spend the next 2-3 months to basically just get myself back to exactly where i was before.

There is a big difference between 'upping the game' and 'moving the goalposts'.
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
This discussion has been closed.