test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (October 23, 2014)

Comments

• Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So with the new patch the rest of us won't get dil after 60. I sure hope your banning those fools that ruined it for the rest of us. I know you won't tell us if you did it is against your policy but you might want to rethink that policy. Sometimes it helps you to let people know some things than keep everyone in the dark wondering what is going on. I had a feeling it was the dil not leveling.
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After earning all 60 Captain Specialization points, Dilithium is no longer rewarded when filling the Skill Points bar.

I get why [some people were probably exploiting it], but I strongly implore you to either reconsider this decision or, at the very least, change the Dilithium to points ratio...1 Dil doesn't have to equal 1 XP. :)

I suggest an alternative 'cause otherwise I see many people stopping from doing missions once they've maxed out their Specialization Points. I was in a similar situation after the original level cap. All I did was log on, choose duty officer missions and then log out.

I'm sure you guys feel the same way since, y'know...if nobody's playing, you're not really making any money. (aside from people who are paying monthly subscriptions)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, October 23rd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Oh my. I'm so terribly sorry for that misunderstanding. There is no understanding from my side for the removement of the Dil after skillbar after max removal, which you guys announced with big chest thumping and loud yelling "here, here!" while jumping up and down, because it would have been easy for you guys to make the fill up after max take as much time as intended.

Its not that I'm angry about it (and truth to be told, with my meager lvl 55 far away from the skillmax), but I do see this as rather very strange. Would you, or more appropriate the one who made this apparent not much thinked about descission, care to explain?
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I could sincerely care less about the dil post-cap, I'm just glad to hear XP is being buffed. That was the only reason I ever set foot in Japori. Good patch.
  • Options
    bialzybubbialzybub Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So no fix for the launcher crashing at the Delta Rising screen. Not been able to play since the Delta Rising patch, going to miss the give aways this weekend. Still not able to play. Back to SWTOR, at least it works. My computer worked well with STO untill the Delta Rising patch, now it can not play at all.:(
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So dil is no longer awarded for gaining levels after spec bar is full so apart from a few powers this is just as useless as it was before I was looking forward for that little dil
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The difficulty of space NPCS has been updated for the 50-60 level range.

In Normal mode, all space NPCs have had their Hull and Shields slightly reduced.

normal stf more easy than now? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Slightly disappointed to get bonus Dil go if you had maxed out specialization, but I can live with that.
    I mostly ended up grinding for levels so I could continue the DR story as it really annoyed me when i did what i could and next one needed LV53 and I was still 52 after completing it all before that one and still short on level.
    Was also useful to build up starship mastery and with the reduced exp for that now that works out as well.
    I'm just suprized that ones would continue to grind more and more just for the Dil rewards after maxing specializations.
    Also nice that enemies wont be so huge bags of HP and Shields to try and burn though.
  • Options
    blueharvestblueharvest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just want to be able to play. Ever since DR I've had nothing but CTD's on my PC and I'm PO'd :D

The only way I can currently 'enjoy' the game is to do Duty Officer missions and run out my Rep...or head to a station and play dress up with my crew and alts :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hate to say "told you so" regarding this being about something other than speed leveling, but hey, told you so... ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I could sincerely care less about the dil post-cap, I'm just glad to hear XP is being buffed. That was the only reason I ever set foot in Japori. Good patch.

This from me as well. Hell, I never heard about getting dil post-cap anyway. Doesn't really bother me too much. The lack of communication, that bothered me.
    It stops Geko from sulking and locking himself in the closet when he blows up to quickly.

lol, this, totally this. It's sadly probably more true than most people figure, too... ^_^

Sigh... reading the patch notes, I see one critical thing missing. When will there be a fix for the Borg red alerts? The final ships aren't spawning right now.
  • Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since DR launched I have submitted numerous bug reports, several of them mission breaking, others about upgraded items such as consoles not applying bonuses, even the inability to open a door to end the main storyline. Not a single thing that I encountered (and there are numerous threads about these issues by many people) have been addressed.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Glad to see these fixes. And having certain maps down didn't last long. As this would but a hurting on my Romulan. Who which I have been playing a lot lately to get her caught up. With my Fed and KDF.

I didn't have access to those Dils at high end, and they won't be missed. I'm more happy over the Exp boost.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    markiisbestmarkiisbest Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ye iv noticed that the new lobi intel doffs say on them that they have attack patt omega 3 and surgical strike 2 and the rd drops from enemy ships well I got one and it doesn't have surgical strike 2 which I bought it for its got surgical strike 1 which is useless to me and the rd drops trait is unticked and wont work has anyone els noticed thiese errors
  • Options
    kasimir10kasimir10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thought the dilithium after reaching the max was one of the main features of the level increase, to give people a reason to keep going. Or, maybe it's being removed now, but next week, it'll be back. You know, after the Dilithium weekend is over.
  • Options
    kasimir10kasimir10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And said no fix for upgrading a prototype impulse engine converts it to a regular engine.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well depending on how they "re-balanced" the patrols missions, I might take back the harsh criticism I initially gave for the Devs taking them down in the first place, because they considered fast leveling an "exploit".
  • Options
    demuderdemuder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And again, no mention of Romulans not being able to train their boffs at the trainer or with their captain abilities. Or do you not simply consider it a "known issue", let alone a bug worth fixing ?

Funny because it was noted and verified here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1251411 (post No5) and it has already been a week after a release about boff abilities and new ships - which Romulans can't use effectively since they can't train their boffs. No biggie though, since I see in the patch notes that your are making space STFs really not worth their time as far as rewards go, so no real need for new ships, again in an expansion that is all about new ships...

By the way, your official list of known issues here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1111881 is left empty, forgotten and... sad.
  • Options
    cyberpenguin73cyberpenguin73 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow, what a mixed bag this patch is. I want to say thanks...I think. Can't believe the torpedo input isn't fixed yet for Fleet Projects. There are a lot of small fleets stuck thanks to this including our own. :(
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is the Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay ever going to be fixed?

I'm curious about this as well. Also, are the intended stats if you upgrade it intended or a bug?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The removal of the dil reward is well... hmmm....

Lets face it, it was the main benefit from trying to lvl up after lvl60. Taking it away also takes away a large motivation to work on the specialization tree until everything is filled.
    The rewards from that tree without the dilithium are not that good to make it worth actually.

Fact also is that the dilithium for maxed out level was at least compensating the lower dilithium rewards in PVE.
    Old Elite PVEs rewarded 960dil... old elites are the new adv. missions now ... but they only reward 480 dil.
    So fact is that most STO players (the ones which can not play the new elite missions) have had their Dilithium reward from PVEs reduced by 50% since Delta Rising release.

The dilithium from the level-up could have been considered a compensation for the PVE reward nerf. But now this has been removed 1 week after it was introduced... without any compensation elsewhere.

So to sum up the dilithium rewards in delta rising (PVE) has been nerfed by 50%; compensation for this does not exist and a promised key feature of delta rising instantly has been removed again.
    It would have been perfectly fair if the rewards for PVEs got adjusted to their previous levels. Infact you have to spend the same amount of time to get the adv. PVEs done as it took to get the old elites done... its also about as difficult as the old elites (right?)... so the rewards should be as high as for the old elites aswell.

I wouldnt care about the removal of the dilithium reward for the level up IF the dilithium rewards of the PVEs would be restored to fair levels again.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ahhhh, DR = dilli reduction.......i get it now.....oh wait,not so much anymore.
    restore the dilli to 1440 for elite ,960 for advanced and normal.....there's a problem solved.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    The removal of the dil reward is well... hmmm....

Lets face it, it was the main benefit from trying to lvl up after lvl60. Taking it away also takes away a large motivation to work on the specialization tree until everything is filled.
    The rewards from that tree without the dilithium are not that good to make it worth actually.

Fact also is that the dilithium for maxed out level was at least compensating the lower dilithium rewards in PVE.
    Old Elite PVEs rewarded 960dil... old elites are the new adv. missions now ... but they only reward 480 dil.
    So fact is that most STO players (the ones which can not play the new elite missions) have had their Dilithium reward from PVEs reduced by 50% since Delta Rising release.

The dilithium from the level-up could have been considered a compensation for the PVE reward nerf. But now this has been removed 1 week after it was introduced... without any compensation elsewhere.

So to sum up the dilithium rewards in delta rising (PVE) has been nerfed by 50%; compensation for this does not exist and a promised key feature of delta rising instantly has been removed again.
    It would have been perfectly fair if the rewards for PVEs got adjusted to their previous levels. Infact you have to spend the same amount of time to get the adv. PVEs done as it took to get the old elites done... its also about as difficult as the old elites (right?)... so the rewards should be as high as for the old elites aswell.

I wouldnt care about the removal of the dilithium reward for the level up IF the dilithium rewards of the PVEs would be restored to fair levels again.

About the rewards from that tree, are you sure about that ?
    I am almost 59 and I don't know whether it's true that you can fill specialization points without any limit but if that's true … I already have headshot 1 and 2 and cd reduction 2 on my ground tac toon's abilities … and I can feel that reduction in the way my abilities interact with each other … and at the bottom I read a reduction for captain abilities ? Tac initiative ? Wow ...
    About the dilithium.… 1 word : Dyson ground battlezone… are we still complaining?
    The biggest dil nerf, so to speak, is the upgrade thing lok
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um ... you do realize it says no dilithium after 60 specialization points ... not level 60 ... right? At level 60 you'll only have 10 spec points ...

Has anyone actually managed to grind to (effectively) level 110 already? ... If so ... wow.

That must have been insanely tedious grinding.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um ... you do realize it says no dilithium after 60 specialization points ... not level 60 ... right? At level 60 you'll only have 10 spec points ...

Has anyone actually managed to grind to (effectively) level 110 already? ... If so ... wow.

That must have been insanely tedious grinding.

Your point is moot, as you never got dillithium after reaching level 60, only after completing all specialization trees. ;)
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Both trays for skills really need serious attention to be fixed so items can stay there. Can't use save layout that won't save it only if you fly in space and never beam down to any planet. Once you do you'll learn you have to waste time to redo your space trays over and over.

At this rate I'll have to switch ships for just going down to the planet and switch ships for space battles at this rate if this matter doesn't get attention. If none of your developers can figure out this riddle then riddle me this take out plain jane desktop running Windows OS 7 install the arc and what you need as a user to play STO put that in a far off office on a dedicated node connection loop through another IPS that home user would be using.

Go to test not running directly from your servers there at HQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No loadout fix? Why am I even surprised!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My (Fed) Romulan has no problem training her BOffs, and I've had no issues with the Borg cigars not spawning after a RA. Lucky me?
This discussion has been closed.