test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect World can kiss my $$ goodbye!

amronhassamronhass Member Posts: 14 Arc User
As I understand it, the developers are upset that people are not playing their new content the way they intended, upset that people are outside the Delta Quadrant to power level, right?

Thank GOD I did not spend an additional $125 (that I really can't afford) on this damn game!! By disabling the ability to power level, and thereby the ability to continue the episodes, has caused me much undo anger and stress! I am so over the game developers dictating to ME how to play a game I PAY for!!! Even WITH the ability to power level, it would take days of grinding to advance your character's specialization all the way, which is equal to level 110! Then there is the grind for EACH SHIP you want to advance!

How DARE the developers dictate to me/us how to play the game! Most of the players I know are disabled and/or unemployed, and spend money we shouldn't, for what enjoyment we get from it. The developers should be grateful for the jobs we provide them, NOT telling US how to play the game WE pay for, thus providing them jobs that WE don't even have. I know of NO other instance where the employees tell their bosses what to do, or how to do it.

Bottom line, this is Perfect World's game, they have the right to do what they want. However, I/we have the right NOT to play, and if more and more walk away, where would that leave Perfect World and it's developers? Unemployment line.

Perfect World and it's developers needs to take a lesson from Robert Space Industries who are putting out Star Citizen. Their whole mode of operation and development of the game is based on players feedback. They have added, deleted and changed content solely based on players feedback! (limitations of the game mechanics taken into account) Watch their convention videos, they THRIVE on giving players what they want and making a game FOR them!! They acknowledge they are there FOR the players, and are grateful TO the players for their jobs. If Perfect World wants to remain competitive and retain it's player base, I suggest they listen to their customers, and stop dictating to them.

Enough ranting on my soapbox, I'm done. Unless there is an immediate reversal of this TRIBBLE, I wont be spending any more money or time on this game.

Amron Hass
Post edited by amronhass on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    SC FTW

See ya there buddy
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Undo anger and stress"!!

ROFL

This Tau Dewa issue is definitely a ****-up on Cryptic's part, but it sounds like you need a valium, dude. And I don't think that's Cryptic's fault. :D
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be a bit premature, I think. Until they actually explain what's going on; it's 99% speculation, at this point.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    amronhass wrote: »
    As I understand it, the developers are upset that people are not playing their new content the way they intended, upset that people are outside the Delta Quadrant to power level, right?

Thank GOD I did not spend an additional $125 (that I really can't afford) on this damn game!! By disabling the ability to power level, and thereby the ability to continue the episodes, has caused me much undo anger and stress! I am so over the game developers dictating to ME how to play a game I PAY for!!! Even WITH the ability to power level, it would take days of grinding to advance your character's specialization all the way, which is equal to level 110! Then there is the grind for EACH SHIP you want to advance!

How DARE the developers dictate to me/us how to play the game! Most of the players I know are disabled and/or unemployed, and spend money we shouldn't, for what enjoyment we get from it. The developers should be grateful for the jobs we provide them, NOT telling US how to play the game WE pay for, thus providing them jobs that WE don't even have. I know of NO other instance where the employees tell their bosses what to do, or how to do it.

Bottom line, this is Perfect World's game, they have the right to do what they want. However, I/we have the right NOT to play, and if more and more walk away, where would that leave Perfect World and it's developers? Unemployment line.

Perfect World and it's developers needs to take a lesson from Robert Space Industries who are putting out Star Citizen. Their whole mode of operation and development of the game is based on players feedback. They have added, deleted and changed content solely based on players feedback! (limitations of the game mechanics taken into account) Watch their convention videos, they THRIVE on giving players what they want and making a game FOR them!! They acknowledge they are there FOR the players, and are grateful TO the players for their jobs. If Perfect World wants to remain competitive and retain it's player base, I suggest they listen to their customers, and stop dictating to them.

Enough ranting on my soapbox, I'm done. Unless there is an immediate reversal of this TRIBBLE, I wont be spending any more money or time on this game.

Amron Hass

Can i have your.. oh wait you are just not spending anymore$$ not quitting.

In all seriousness did you need to make your own thread just to say this?
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • amronhassamronhass Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I didn't want to spend the time looking for a suitable thread and have it buried with all the other rants, so I just created a new one.

And yeah, I'm sure I could use a valium or something. :D
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm done. Unless there is an immediate reversal of this TRIBBLE, I wont be spending any more money or time on this game.

'I quit' threads are not allowed.

Can I haz yur stuffz?
  • panz3rupanz3ru Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess this expansion separates mens from boys ;)
    edited October 2014
    'I quit' threads are not allowed.

Can I haz yur stuffz?

heh, It's not an 'I quit the game thread', he says he's done spending money and grinding. BIG diff.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Going to be more and more. PWE needs to understand we're not their prisoners farming gold at gun point.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Going to be more and more. PWE needs to understand we're not their prisoners farming gold at gun point.

Nice sentiment.
  • gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    As several (myself included) have been saying, all the monetizing we're seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg. Cryptic is looking to hire a "Monetization Designer". That should be a good indicator what direction they are going with all the "pay to skip" stuff. The R&D system and item upgrades are just the beginning.

Christ on a bike, as if the monetization isn't intrusive enough.

*sigh* whatever happened to MMOs as virtual worlds ... :(
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    panz3ru wrote: »

Yeah not much fun ... with just boys left ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • dinkydr2dinkydr2 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    SC FTW

See ya there buddy
    +1
    Wow! SC looks really good...
    just watched their video.
    "We seee many thingss, We seee new machiness on IX,
    We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

Thank you, Frank Herbert!
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As several (myself included) have been saying, all the monetizing we're seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg. Cryptic is looking to hire a "Monetization Designer". That should be a good indicator what direction they are going with all the "pay to skip" stuff. The R&D system and item upgrades are just the beginning.

This says enough.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gurugeorge wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, as if the monetization isn't intrusive enough.

*sigh* whatever happened to MMOs as virtual worlds ... :(

Coming Soon: ESD Ship docking tax 500 dilithium

Exchange buyer and seller taxes, doff assignment taxes, the amount of monetizing that could be shoved into this game is endless.
    edited October 2014
    dinkydr2 wrote: »
    +1
    Wow! SC looks really good...
    just watched their video.

Just wait, only the first module is barely in alpha test.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• bonghitz4jesusbonghitz4jesus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    panz3ru wrote: »
    When I was a boy I wouldn't think twice about spending hours grinding in online video games for meagre rewards.
    As a grown man, my expectations are a lot higher. I'm not going to waste my leisure time on masochistic grind.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In before the lock!

Can I have your stuff?

Etc.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • dukeskyloaferdukeskyloafer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am so over the game developers dictating to ME how to play a game I PAY for!!!

I feel for you, I think Cryptic was wrong here, but I think your first issue is that you believe that the fact you paid for the product earns you the right to dictate future developments of the product. You pay to use the product as it is, and if you don't like future developments, you stop supporting (as you stated you will). It's their game, and you are licensing permission to play it. That's how they dare.

You are not an employee of Cryptic or Perfect World, you are a customer. This is not an instance of employees telling the boss what to do. There are many instances where customers do not get to dictate the future of a product.

So, I would recommend playing something else for a while to cool down. That would be best for everyone.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Amron Hass

sigh, another rant, the last 3 letters of your name seems fitting...
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i smell patterns :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Might I suggest to those unemployed folk you know that playing a video is not the best use of their time?

Perhaps, I don't know... look for a job?

...except for the fact that BECAUSE of my disabilities(Aspergers Syndrome, ADHD, and Social Anxiety Disorder), I can't find any jobs in my one functional job-skill(10-key/Alphanumeric data-entry) that don't also require me to have some other skill/knowledge or customer service skill, which I don't have and can't possibly get...; I'm effectively boned no matter -what- I do right now on that front...work-from home jobs are out, as I'm living with family.... :\

It's going to be a 4-20 month long battle(and possibly quite a bit longer) in my legal appeal just to get me on Social Security Disability/SSI! -_-;

May wanna consider that....
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    "Welcome to the Delta Quadrant Admiral! Please Deposit 500 Zen to Continue"
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    i smell patterns :D

Attack Pattern Forum 3?
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So did people rage this hard when Cryptic removed the Foundry "feature" that let folks chain-reaction-explode dozens of unshielded battleships for instant piles o' loot?

Basically the same thing, closing down a super-efficient resource farm. As I've said in other threads, I'm amazed at how many people seem to be surprised that this happened - it was obvious it would happen given how super-speedy the farming was.
    edited October 2014

per system ... and 47 GPL lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    caylenr wrote: »
    "Undo anger and stress"!!

ROFL

This Tau Dewa issue is definitely a ****-up on Cryptic's part, but it sounds like you need a valium, dude. And I don't think that's Cryptic's fault. :D

I wish they had valium in the C-Store ... :(
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Well that's what you get when you warp in and immidietly several Kobali start to wash your ship's windows and ask if you have any dead bodies to spare ... .
    edited October 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I wish they had valium in the C-Store ... :(

greatest post evers ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.