test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suddenly having serious connection issues.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The server timed out right while I was loading a STF. I closed the game and restarted, but I cannot connect. No error message. Set a new account password incase of some kind of hacking attempt, but the website is loading very slowly and keeps timing out. Is anyone else having connection troubles after the maintenance tonight?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Kind of like what happened yesterday. BranFlakes called it a hiccup... guess it's hiccuping again.

It took 6 minutes to post this reply...lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kind of like what happened yesterday. BranFlakes called it a hiccup... guess it's hiccuping again.

It took 6 minutes to post this reply...lol.

this is also the time Eveonline dose there daily down time
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's one of those things where nothing happens, things go slow, and then it is fine. Then nothing happens, it's slow, and then it's fine. Over and over...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    For the first time I am experiencing serious time outs from the server in the game.

Started before the earlier maintainence, but just now as I am logging in its the same issue.

For the time being though I am more inclined to say it is my ISP since I have never had this issue before and I have had ISP issues in the past.

I am also having lag issues with the forum itelf which is an even further indication its not the game.

Of course it could be Cryptics servers.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I doubt it's your ISP since I'm having the same issues with the game and this website only. All my other internet activities are unimpeded. I've been able to get back into the game again since I posted but it has been lagging and crashing again too. It's definitely on the Cryptic side, not ours.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was having problems just logging in since friday, but turning off my firewall (McAfee) it works fine. Bad juju that, but it works.
  • Options
    mattimusprime546mattimusprime546 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone ever seen this message?

Please help!

Fatal Error: Direct3d driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 8 0x130fd440 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i think it's an isp issue. I checked the isp outages map in canada for my isp's carrier (the one my isp sublets from) and there's a spot of trouble in or around toronto, and another one in ottawa.
    since toronto is a major spot between Kingston, and california, I think that's the problem.
    Oh that, and I'm on the rear end of a copper node that seriously needs to be upgraded to fibre optic lines, but as usual; the ISP doesn't release anything on timetables for their planned upgrades of the system (IE specific neighborhoods).
    basic copper dsl sucks because of the erratic quality of it (and of course with no option to upgrade either).
  • Options
    nirvanabladenirvanablade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The server timed out right while I was loading a STF. I closed the game and restarted, but I cannot connect. No error message. Set a new account password incase of some kind of hacking attempt, but the website is loading very slowly and keeps timing out. Is anyone else having connection troubles after the maintenance tonight?

got the same problem opening launcher and just seeing "visit the gateway" button engage button not appear. no error appearing. what happened dunno just yesterday i was playing this.
  • Options
    razieldelacroixrazieldelacroix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No... you're not alone.. I'm getting those issues right now... been fine last few days.. then b00m! ... I can't even make a new character without it disconnecting from Server 5-10 seconds later (I timed it... :mad:).

Just when I was getting into the "groove" of it all again...