test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is anyone getting latency (Lag) on this game?

I'm confused. I carefully checked my computer and did a few things.
Flushed the DNS
Done the tracert test
Done the nettest
checked the CPU
Defraged hard drive.
Anti spyware and anti virus too.
I have 4 RAM on computer.
Everything all clear and fine. However when on STO,yes you guessed it,Lag or Latency.
It got like this after DR had launched.
It seems to happen more during the day and not late at night. Its strange.
I do not have this problem with anything else.
I always keep my computer regularly maintained and checked.
Have i missed anything or overlooked something????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Flushed the DNS
    Done the tracert test
    Done the nettest
    checked the CPU
    Defraged hard drive.
    Anti spyware and anti virus too.
    I have 4 RAM on computer.
    Everything all clear and fine. However when on STO,yes you guessed it,Lag or Latency.
    It got like this after DR had launched.
    It seems to happen more during the day and not late at night. Its strange.
    I do not have this problem with anything else.
    I always keep my computer regularly maintained and checked.
    Have i missed anything or overlooked something????

The above the only thing you might have never checked it the Registry Defrag. All that does remove spaces in the registry system. It does have several parts. Most cleaners don't even touch that feature.

Networking, buffer settings are set to the default by Microsoft. All versions of Windows. There is a program called TCP Optimzer free program based on your current download speeds from your ISP you can adjust your PC to say if you got 50 mbps down you can change the default which is 3 - 5 setting. Make sure the MTU = 1500 for Cable and DSL would be 1492. These values are not set correctly under Windows. Buffer settings are set so low. Again this app would set you to 16384 = 16KB instead of the low 8K.

TCP Optimizer Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJqA3jUjIWA#t=19

Also if your running a laptop with 4GB, you should try Ready Boost (Windows 7) this should either SDHC or MicroSDHC card with at lease Class 4 and 8GB instead or 4 GB. By default Ready Boost maxes out at 4 GB.

As for the Lag I am having that issue also. Make sure gameclient.exe isn't running twice. Make sure ARC hasn't left the ENGAGE dialog popup open in the background. I've just notice that happening on my end. Of course I completed one mission with extreme "LAG" and plus I had to figure out how to work around the LAG. I won't want to go through that again.

STO
    Live -Stream HOST
    ISP
    You

Somewhere in 4-way pipeline there is a clog in the system. You know it's not you, you know it's not the ISP. So that leaves two sources. STO Networking, if they're using default values then they really need change them when it comes to buffering.

I use to work with huge network farms at corporations. They had a lot of LAG also, most of that problem stem to issues with dated over use hardware that was failing. Also called Network Refresh to replace such hardware.

Anyway all us with the LAG in DR (missions but certain ones) Mostly DR Patrols #1, #2, #3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please don't double post and post in the right sections. Thread moved, your other thread deleted.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Flushed the DNS
    Done the tracert test
    Done the nettest

So what was the results of the 'Trace Route' and 'Net Test' diagnostics???

(I case you didn't know, diagnostics don't fix problems, they only provide information on what the problem can be...)
  • Options
    konstantin0005konstantin0005 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm also getting constant lag and disconnects. Also after DR expansion. It's not my connection. It's your servers.

The hoops you have to jump through to actually run suggested tests on this site are extremely unreasonable. Only test you ever need is constant ping google. That's it.

If you are pinging google without disconnects while game is kicking you out, it's not your internet connection, it's their servers. If it was firewall or routing or dns or any of the other ridiculous suggestions posted on this site then you would literally never be able to connect to the game at all, it would not be intermittent.

Source: 10 yrs IT/Programming experience, BS in CS, 15 years of playing online games, also common sense.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no lag. My connection is beautiful, 5/5!

It's so great, right up to the point of the delta rising logo when suddenly it crashes to desktop.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So it's not just me... that's good to hear. I also experience this on other Cryptic games such as NWN...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i've been getting lag sooooooo bad in this game since DR launched it's not even funny. i get disconnected every 2 minutes and if that doesn't happen then i get epic rubber banding like a red headed step child. and no this isn't my pc or internet connection. i can play any other mmo perfectly without interuption. it's this bloody game. i'm at the point where it's not even worth logging in. it's also pretty bad that i average 31 fps in sto but EVERY other game i play i get 60. this is just sickening already.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Kingston ontario, primus ISP
    1 2 ms 8 ms 11 ms 10.24.75.168
    2 20 ms 101 ms 103 ms 192.168.1.254
    3 62 ms 59 ms 71 ms dsl-209-183-28-1.tor.primus.ca [209.183.28.1]
    4 149 ms 169 ms 149 ms 10.201.122.249
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 267 ms 695 ms 723 ms 38.88.240.85
    7 349 ms 289 ms 209 ms be2436.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.
    ]
    8 287 ms 539 ms 205 ms be2299.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.4
    9]
    9 344 ms 329 ms 289 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46
    34]
    10 108 ms 129 ms 149 ms 38.111.40.114
    11 397 ms 369 ms 334 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a lot of lag too since DR patch. I do not know if there are much more players than usual, however sometime the game is very difficult to play. Also the exchange is all in all unusable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    skywolf73skywolf73 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same boat as you all. game is UNPLAYABLE.

Real kicker is, it was fine, first day or 2 of dr hardly any issues, now the last 3 or 4 days it been "server not responding" constant rubberbanding, disconnected from server.

Have force verified, have changed proxy settings for lulz, have turned on and off on demand, have updated windows, have moved the bloody game to steam, nothing seems to make a difference and really guys fix your bleeping game.
  • Options
    skywolf73skywolf73 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yea still no update no changes no progress no support. game is unplayable cannot login for more than a few minutes wo the game boot you out.

So glad these support forums are so on the ball and so glad pwe just deletes support tickets people submit.

Worst customer service of any game i have played in recent memory and with a few EA games under my belt that is saying ALOT.

TRIBBLE off pwe. Sell the game back to cryptik lest i felt i could get some support out of them rather than our chjinese overlords just squeezing ever last fing dime out of people with no care or concern at all.

F you give us money.
  • Options
    stringer1972stringer1972 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm also getting constant lag and disconnects. Also after DR expansion. It's not my connection. It's your servers.

The hoops you have to jump through to actually run suggested tests on this site are extremely unreasonable. Only test you ever need is constant ping google. That's it.

If you are pinging google without disconnects while game is kicking you out, it's not your internet connection, it's their servers. If it was firewall or routing or dns or any of the other ridiculous suggestions posted on this site then you would literally never be able to connect to the game at all, it would not be intermittent.

Source: 10 yrs IT/Programming experience, BS in CS, 15 years of playing online games, also common sense.

agreed 100% the support personnel always treat you like your a total f'ing moron... the game is nearly unplayable at times... its not constant, but as of right now, noon-1pm CST if i'm in game i'm eiher lagged to unplayable, or sontantly putting in my password to reconnect. tried to do a singlearea mission in dyson sphere..., 2 minute mission. the instant i scanned thefirst ion cloud, i lagged.. mission was over for almost another minute before i got disconnected.

it'll do this on and off till around 4pm, then the game gets playable again. so either your servers can't handle daytime traffic which would be silly, or theres a problem with routing during the day. but don't blame the TRIBBLE on my system.. if i can be disccnecting and lagging on your server them jump right off and start a download on steam at 6MB a second.. its not me.
  • Options
    razieldelacroixrazieldelacroix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad this isn't just me.... although I've been getting it for a few days now.. whether it be Latency... Server disconnections for no reason other than zoning, entering missions or simply logging in or making a character..

I don't mind having to relogin if the servers are acting up... but a little acknowledgement is nice.. as well as not having to do it 5 times in the space of 10mins would be better....
  • Options
    xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Game lagging so terribly that it literally pauses every few seconds - check

Only game doing that - check

Repeated login timeouts - check

Welp...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    What I would prefer to know if WHY the Login Server keeps on kicking me off every 5 seconds.... in or out of map, therefore making the game practically unplayable.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What I would prefer to know if WHY the Login Server keeps on kicking me off every 5 seconds.... in or out of map, therefore making the game practically unplayable.

Good Question, as I haven't had any issues myself after this mornings patch...

You did look at thread before posting... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1192081
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I did not sorry.. i've been at work since 9am... only recently got back, so was reading up on replied threads.. i will look now.. thanx