test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange very broken

borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
ignoring the search for items with rarity rank filters which does not work from at least an year, theres a bigger problem now: items put on sale do not show at all.

I put up some Superior Tech Cannon and Projectile Upgrades and none show in the search list no matter the search criteria.
Post edited by borg0vermind on

Comments

• c3141pwac3141pwa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ignoring the search for items with rarity rank filters which does not work from at least an year, theres a bigger problem now: items put on sale do not show at all.

I put up some Superior Tech Cannon and Projectile Upgrades and none show in the search list no matter the search criteria.

Are you viewing them from the same character that put them up for sale?
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Negative .
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    How long are you waiting before searching? Due to the volume of items in the Exchange, there may be a delay between an item being posted and it being visible.
    STO QA Team
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    there is also the chance as people are logging in for the first time that there is alot of transactional data being converted too, and this will cause issues with database response times as well, figure things to be sluggish for a week or so as everyone who is old comes in for a peek :)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The Exchange is a laggy mess. All crafted items filtered under Lieutenant except special ones (level 15 ones), ship upgrade tokens needing ALL/Lieutenant to see the right price, catalysts have to be searched under all, the lag, the horrible lag.

Please give some love to the exchange.

Granted, the lag kicking off the dailies for R&D, specially on my KDF toon is epic. Took me 5 min to kick off the 5.

Funny enough, seeing Tech Upgrades has never been one of my issues. Click its category and filter by very rare. They appear fine.
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorta "on the side" but anyone part of a Trade Channel ? The Exchange is the primary source of goods and trade of kourse but I figure an xtra trade ch. might yield some good items... or rid my self of items that trade slowly or poorly on The Exchange

-V
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've heard occasional reports from some players that their items won't show up even after days of waiting. Of course since I can't see their screen I don't know if they're just bad at search filtering and using the perpetually-broken "all" category.

TheTradingChannel might be what V is looking for but it's invite-only.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ever since the expansion, sales have ground to a halt. I'm sure part is due to people crafting but when even things like batteries aren't selling I start wondering if there is a problem with the mechanism. Not least because a fair few sales should have expired by now, but haven't so it's definitely not behaving in the way it used to.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Filtering the exchange search results by "decreasing price per unit" actually gives increasing prices
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got the same problem. Items I put on exchange aren't showing up for hours now while others post the same stuff and drop the prices....

I have tried putting anything on exchange today and nothing came up at all....
    edited October 2014
    kajofolf wrote: »
    I got the same problem. Items I put on exchange aren't showing up for hours now while others post the same stuff and drop the prices....

I have tried putting anything on exchange today and nothing came up at all....
    My items still don't show up.
    It is strange that doffs that I put up on sale do show-up.

Filtering the exchange search results by "decreasing price per unit" actually gives increasing prices
    Affirmative.
    Decreasing and increasing orders are reversed.
    Descending search gives ascending prices and vice-versa.

How long are you waiting before searching? Due to the volume of items in the Exchange, there may be a delay between an item being posted and it being visible.
    Tried again after a few hours, it was the same...no items.
    I even retrieved them and reposted them with a different character, no change.

Update: the items appeared after almost 1 day. The ones I re-posted at a lower price, again, don't show.
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Now one day later my items still don't show up. Tried removing and adding them again, no luck. I still can't post anything at all.
  • yspotsyspots Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kajofolf wrote: »
    Now one day later my items still don't show up. Tried removing and adding them again, no luck. I still can't post anything at all.

Same thing here. I've put up Starship Upgrade Requisitions (from the 4 pack) and they're listed in my sell items, but don't see them for sale. I've left them on for minutes and even 18 hours once, and taken them down and re-listed a few times, never show up for sale.

And not to go too much off on a rant, but this exchange system is a disaster. It's unreliable, the filters don't work well, there's no way to narrow results enough, it's limited to 400 items, items sometimes show up under the wrong filters, don't show up under all, or only show up under all, the list goes on and on. I've honestly never seen a more dysfunctional exchange on any other MMO. Granted, I've only played big ones like WoW, SWTOR, EvE, Wildstar, etc. But this is pretty bad.

I hate just ranting off with shallow arguments, but the system needs a complete re-write. Games can make or break off the crafting and auction system. If both are good, a thriving economy keeps people coming. If one fails, it can turn a lot of people off. It needs to get fixed, especially now that the crafting system is so improved.

Edit: Gave one to my alt, still no luck in showing up.
    EditEdit: Okay, someone pointed out you can see different items (with drastically lower prices) if you select Lt as the rank. And indeed, it would appear the two I put up for a specific price are showing up there, but not under 'any' rank.

This is absurd. 'Any' rank should show items regardless of rank. Come on!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Attention: The exchange has been downgraded from broken to VERY broken. It is expected it's going to decline to Quite rather very broken
    edited October 2014
    Attention: The exchange has been downgraded from broken to VERY broken. It is expected it's going to decline to Quite rather very broken

Yep. Noticed when I put an Omni beam array up on the exchange, it's not listed under 'All', even though there are many others listed there. It is listed under ship weapons, however, with different omni beam arrays along with it.

Can we get someone to fix the database software for the exchange please? I know there's lots of bugs to squash with the new expansion, but the exchange has been pretty borked since launch. Some serious focus on getting these major bugs fixed would be appreciated.

Yes, new content makes more money, but people get fed up with silly bugs that prevent them from enjoying the game, and they quit. That loses you money.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Just like a few others mentioned...

I tried to post a Phased Biomatter rifle on the exchange today, set the price, and left it alone for a few hours. When it didn't sell, I pulled the item off, made a new price, and repeated. I checked to see if the rifle posted... both, before I pulled it off the exchange, and right after I re-posted.

Doesn't seem like a lag issue. Items aren't showing up under the "All" tab. They will show up under the specific item listing ("Personal Weapons," for example), but not "All." Not sure if this is the extent of the issue, but this is all I have encountered... in between Mac client crashes, too. :(
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yspots wrote: »
    Yep. Noticed when I put an Omni beam array up on the exchange, it's not listed under 'All', even though there are many others listed there. It is listed under ship weapons, however, with different omni beam arrays along with it.
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like a lag issue. Items aren't showing up under the "All" tab. They will show up under the specific item listing ("Personal Weapons," for example), but not "All." Not sure if this is the extent of the issue, but this is all I have encountered... in between Mac client crashes, too. :(

The "All" category has not worked correctly for a very long time. I always search by specific categories whenever possible.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014

That's been busted for months--long before Delta Rising went live. I wish it would get fixed already.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited October 2014
    Its strange...some items post and show immediately after click and some last way too many seconds to post and take a day to show on the xchange list.
    Something is very broken.
    edited October 2014
    Something even more strange happened.
    A few days ago I got a notification mail - items returned from exchange...but no items.
    Then the items appeared the second day.

The second time this happened, I got again 2 mails about 2 returned items but this time they were never returned...just empty mails.
  • forestsentryforestsentry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem with posting and stuff showing up under Lt filter...has there been any word from the devs or gm's on this matter?
  • forestsentryforestsentry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem here with starship upgrades posting under the Lt filter and not uder All...Any word from the Devs or GM's on the matter???
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the additional information. I'll get this on our list of issues that need attention.
    STO QA Team
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the additional information. I'll get this on our list of issues that need attention.

Please grab all the issues since I know you do workflows for single bugs.
    1) R&D items not filtering where they should (they all get bunched up under Lieutenant)
    2) Ship upgrade tokens, salvaged tech, crafting bonuses and upgrade bonuses, etc (other newer items) all need to be filtered somewhere.
    3) Reversed decrease/increase filters.
    4) Posted items not appearing for some players.
    5) The lag, which has gotten better because there seem to be less players, but whenever there is a spike in players using the Exchange, it gets pretty bad.
  • moo8emoo8e Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The search button remains disabled after re-logging in if there is a disconnection from server while doing a search on the exchange. Have to actually close and re-open game to continue using the exchange in this case.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fleet Ship Modules used to be in the old crafting anomalies category... they and the Upgrade Tokens could use their own category now.
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    5) The lag, which has gotten better because there seem to be less players, but whenever there is a spike in players using the Exchange, it gets pretty bad.
    I know.
    I brought 90 Tech upgrades instead of 1.
    Got me broke.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited October 2014
    from time to time I've had to take auctions down and re-submit them

in one case I put a rare ship up at a low price because I just wanted to sell it then I went to bed. when I woke up I was like "huh, wtf?" because it should have sold. I took the ship down and put it back up at the exact same price, it sold almost instantly.

now, I suppose that could have just been coincidence, but I doubt it. it was one of the new rare ships that people watch like hawks
  • royrogersxroyrogersx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    from time to time I've had to take auctions down and re-submit them

in one case I put a rare ship up at a low price because I just wanted to sell it then I went to bed. when I woke up I was like "huh, wtf?" because it should have sold. I took the ship down and put it back up at the exact same price, it sold almost instantly.

now, I suppose that could have just been coincidence, but I doubt it. it was one of the new rare ships that people watch like hawks

Could be, if so then many of us are having the exact same coincidence. Put up a bunch of mats 10k below current ask. Leave, come back 12 hrs later and the exchange looks exactly the same and my mats are not showing. Put up two more that the same price (left the old ones). Those two sold immediately, the other ten were not touched. Put up another two, bang, gone. The ten from earlier remain unlisted and unsold.
    edited October 2014
    That's been busted for months--long before Delta Rising went live. I wish it would get fixed already.

The problem isn't that it's newly busted. The problem is that something this critical for some people (who enjoy crafting and making money, or just playing the market to make money), shouldn't be this badly broken for any serious length of time. Imagine if weapons didn't fire right for a month, let alone years.

As STO gets more popular (and I believe it will!), major faults like this will get tolerated less. A major bug that lasts too long may tick the less hard-core players off enough to get a mass-exodus and turn it into a ghost town (like Wildstar :p). Those less hard-core players are far larger in number, and bring a lot of money to games. A lot of these less hard core players really enjoy some of the other game systems, like crafting and the market. If you want to retain them, these systems should shine with the same effort as combat.

With STO, we've gotten very complacent with a product that by the devs' own admission at launch wasn't up to the caliber they wanted. We've put up with bugs and glitches everywhere. It's like Windows; people are used to their computers crashing and needing reboots. Just because we're used to it doesn't make it acceptable.

Now that they have the resources, this stuff needs to get fixed. Don't let bugs like this prevent STO from taking off like it should.