test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO LAUNCHER stuck not loading or freezing or bugged or broken sporadically

hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
Hi,

I have been having this problem since the romulus patch I think. I was hoping it would eventually get fixed, but never did. I'm using Arc and when I try to launch the game sometimes the launcher just shows a black screen saying loading. Other times it loads partially than freezes and sometimes it only loads the back drop without anything else. Recently it started loading everything except the bottom items and the Patch button is gray and everything else is just missing. I hope there's a solution to this because it's very frustrating. I have to always restart the launcher several times until it eventually loads normally and lets me into the game. Can anyone help with this? I haven't been able to find anything about this issue.

-Thanks
Post edited by hsm2k4 on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Also I have tried to reinstall the game several times nothing seems to work. I even tried running it from Steam or just from the old setup.exe file without arc or steam. Nothing is able to fix this issue.
  • Options
    fullmetalpanic2fullmetalpanic2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is an issue ever since they introduced ARC to this day I have had the same problem as you and have not been able to find a work around for it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I take comfort knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem. Maybe the STO staff can expedite a fix for this if enough people complain.
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stuck at patching here myself plus i'm having to manually log in through the game launcher. i guess pwe is having some issues tonight from the looks of things.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    do you have this problem all the time because we have it happen all the time even if there is no patching or downtime from the servers.