test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So uh...Ancient Power Cells...where?

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Reputation System
What completely obvious thing am I missing here about how to acquire these?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ancient Power Cells can also be earned by participating in the higher-difficulty versions of any queued event which rewards Delta Marks. Ancient Power Cells can be found in the wreckage of numerous recent battles that have taken place in the Delta Quadrant.

Source: http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7005483-delta-alliance-reputation

I guess there's also a small chance to get one by opening mark reward chests (from rep projects I mean ;)).
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ancient Power Cells can also be earned by participating in the higher-difficulty versions of any queued event which rewards Delta Marks. Ancient Power Cells can be found in the wreckage of numerous recent battles that have taken place in the Delta Quadrant.

Source: http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7005483-delta-alliance-reputation

I guess there's also a small chance to get one by opening mark reward chests.

The chest thing would be new, unless you're talking about the reputation project gifts. :)
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    The chest thing would be new, unless you're talking about the reputation project gifts. :)

Ooops.. that's what I meant.. yes. :) - thanks.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Right, I should have included that in my post...that uh, there are no such queued events - so to speak.

Borg Disconnected shows that the Advanced version rewards BNPs.
    Bug Hunt isn't available until you do The Dragon's Deceit (a level 56 mission).
    The Battle of Korfez is level 60.

So with it only taking 40 hours to hit T1 in Delta Rep (not played time, the time for the two 20 hour projects to complete)...there's that Gel Pack calling my name - me ready to answer, Dil, Delta Marks, EC all in hand...and uh...so how do I get the Ancient Power Cells?

Does Borg Disconnected Advanced actually provide APCs or just BNPs?
    Do I basically just need to go grind my way up to 56 to unlock Bug Hunt from Dragon's Deceit?

Or is there some other way to get them...?

There's this Kobali Adventure Zone sitting there...er...where 99.9% of the folks are complaining about the bridge and the vast wilderness is otherwise empty. Could get both Isos and Cybers from the AZ/BZ's...is there nothing in place like that for the KAZ?

Is it one of those wait until more folks move beyond the bridge for some Escalation action?

Or...yeah...is that a no?

So yeah, maybe I should have put all of that in my OP....
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What completely obvious thing am I missing here about how to acquire these?

Copy character to Tribble.

Go to Drozana.

Find the correct console in the bar area.

Find the Delta Rep pack option thing.

Rush Delta Rep.

Test stuff.

Why use Holodeck resources when you can use Tribble ones, it is a lot easier... :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Copy character to Tribble.

Go to Drozana.

Find the correct console in the bar area.

Find the Delta Rep pack option thing.

Rush Delta Rep.

Test stuff.

Why use Holodeck resources when you can use Tribble ones, it is a lot easier... :)

Heh, I know exactly what I want...just the one thing: +7% CD reduction on BOFF abilities. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I guess there's also a small chance to get one by opening mark reward chests (from rep projects I mean ;)).

Hrmm, trying to remember if the odds for that increases at a certain Tier or if they're even only available after a certain Tier...but at this point, that might be my only option. Thanks for reminding me about that possibility.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Indeed it would be very useful to know where to get these things since im T1 in rep already and would not mind getting the console....

But ATM! cant due to now having these items....
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Don't pin your hopes on this star. I've got 3 toons maxed rep on omega. All those boxes. One BNP

One toon got a dyson thingy from a box.

You'll be dead of old age before you get any sets from box rewards, they'relike lockbox ships, and iI don't mean mirror ships.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hrmm, trying to remember if the odds for that increases at a certain Tier or if they're even only available after a certain Tier...but at this point, that might be my only option. Thanks for reminding me about that possibility.
    I don't recall getting one at tier 0, but even with all my alts that's not a big sample size. I know I've gotten at least one at tier 1.

Edit full disclosure: the one I got was undine. I haven't done too much delta rep yet, I'm only working one character through it until I get him maxed and can use commendations. So I'm working from the assumption it works the same as dyson/omega/8472
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't recall getting one at tier 0

I already have one and the sole char I started delta rep on is not t1 yet. Haven't played any delta-related queues either. Finished 1 20-hour and 2 1-hour projects so far.

So they drop from any tier rep box.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You get an Ancient Power Cell every time you complete Bug Hunt Advanced - and it isn't too difficult even in the advanced difficulty. Some of the optionals are interesting, but the actual required stuff is farily simple.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jer5488 wrote: »
    You get an Ancient Power Cell every time you complete Bug Hunt Advanced - and it isn't too difficult even in the advanced difficulty. Some of the optionals are interesting, but the actual required stuff is farily simple.

What you might not consider difficult...heh, it's not that I'm a Space Snob or anything, but I don't do Ground. The only Ground Queue I've done was back in early 2012, and that was by mistake - one of those sector block changes, going to click on one thing and clicking on something else...don't even remember at this point whether it was PVP or PVE. I put the min allowed skill points into Ground, I don't run any Ground traits, and I couldn't tell you without looking what Ground gear my guy or any guy I've ever had has or had.

I forgot to switch from Elite to Normal when running The Dragon's Deceit at 56...Bruised Ribs, Cracked Ribs, Internal Bleeding...it was a slaughter.

Hell, I don't even do Nukara, Defera, etc...sure, I've run around the Voth Battlezone in circles shooting stuff, but that could be done in shorts, flip flops, and carrying a spork with one of the teeth broken off.

I'm not going to burden a group in a queue with my complete fail and lack of caring about the complete fail when it comes to Ground...I'm just not going to do that to anybody.
    westmetals wrote: »
    I got one opening one of the reputation boxes. So that's possible at least... dunno what the chances are, but if you're looking at a single piece of equipment, you wouldn't need very many, right?

Just need 2 for the Gel Pack console that's available at T1.

Guess I'll just keep popping those hourly boxes as I remember until I get the 2.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, it seems that Cryptic really dropped the ball with the Ancient Power Cells.

There needs to be a source for them at level 50, which there just isn't at the moment. There also needs to be more than two sources for them (Borg: Disconnected apparently gives BNPs).

I'm going to ignore the difficulty levels of the Advanced missions for now - as I assume this will get rebalanced relatively soon.

-K
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What you might not consider difficult...heh, it's not that I'm a Space Snob or anything, but I don't do Ground. The only Ground Queue I've done was back in early 2012, and that was by mistake - one of those sector block changes, going to click on one thing and clicking on something else...don't even remember at this point whether it was PVP or PVE. I put the min allowed skill points into Ground, I don't run any Ground traits, and I couldn't tell you without looking what Ground gear my guy or any guy I've ever had has or had.

Guess I'll just keep popping those hourly boxes as I remember until I get the 2.

I understand that everyone has a different level of difficult, but on a grand scale this map really isn't too bad. As long as someone can throw a heal at your npc (even rally cry), don't stand too close to anyone else so you dont' get gunk on you, and for the last boss ignore the optionals and burn the boss.

You should at least give it a try. I ran it once with friends and twice with pugs. There are no trigger lines like ISA - nothing really to 'instant fail' you. If you find a group through the elitestf channels - you're really quite likely to get a good team and have a fairly easy time. As to your min allowed skill points in ground - I really think that's what every single player in the game does, so you aren't alone. Get a pulsewave for the enemies that swarm and a high intensity beam rifle or sniper rifle to get the flyers and have fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I finally got the two I wanted...you get one from the end of the Kobali Prime ground storyline and then I finally got one from an Hourly box. So in 49 minutes, the console is mine and that's that...muahahahaha.
    jer5488 wrote: »
    I understand that everyone has a different level of difficult, but on a grand scale this map really isn't too bad. As long as someone can throw a heal at your npc (even rally cry), don't stand too close to anyone else so you dont' get gunk on you, and for the last boss ignore the optionals and burn the boss.

You should at least give it a try. I ran it once with friends and twice with pugs. There are no trigger lines like ISA - nothing really to 'instant fail' you. If you find a group through the elitestf channels - you're really quite likely to get a good team and have a fairly easy time. As to your min allowed skill points in ground - I really think that's what every single player in the game does, so you aren't alone. Get a pulsewave for the enemies that swarm and a high intensity beam rifle or sniper rifle to get the flyers and have fun.

I think I died finishing up the Kobali Prime storyline more times in the past few hours than I have in the past few years in space outside of PvP...Ground & Me, we just don't really get along.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't recall getting one at tier 0, but even with all my alts that's not a big sample size. I know I've gotten at least one at tier 1.
    Had 3 by the time my lead Delta repper got to T1. Like yourself, not nearly enough of a sample to guess at the drop chance, but considering that RNGs everywhere usually hate me, it can't be utterly dismal. :P
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, VD, any feedback on the console? Is it worth the grind for an equally ground-averse player like me?

Note: Like you, I'm mostly interested in the CD reduction mechanism. Gotta get that TBR2/3 combo up more often so I can abuse...<ahem>..."manipulate" more particles FTW. :)

RCK
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, it seems that Cryptic really dropped the ball with the Ancient Power Cells.

There needs to be a source for them at level 50, which there just isn't at the moment. There also needs to be more than two sources for them (Borg: Disconnected apparently gives BNPs).

I'm going to ignore the difficulty levels of the Advanced missions for now - as I assume this will get rebalanced relatively soon.

-K

It would be nice if the Kobali Ground Zone gave out Ancient Power Cells and more DR marks.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For me, it's Bug Hunt Advanced or Elite in getting DR marks and APCs. You can't fail these things :D

In contrast, Kobali BZ gives you very minimal marks for the time you put into it. You don't even get APC rewards except for finishing the story arc there the first time.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to see some APC added to kobali to keep in more in line with the other battlezones.

but bug hunt is the best place to get them.
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Console seams bugged, the power says +2 but i get more from the rom one at 1.8, and the shields dont change when i add it so that part does not work. I dont know about the cooldowns however.
  • Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014

-K
    I would like to see some APC added to kobali to keep in more in line with the other battlezones.

but bug hunt is the best place to get them.

I agree that the Delta Rep, in particular the gathering of APCs, is a bit of a fluster cluck and needs to be re-visited.

The inconsistencies across Reps with regards to earning marks and whatever bauble is associated with it, is borked to say the least. It's as if a completely new developer was handed each Rep with no knowledge as to how the last one was implemented. Some such as the Voth Rep provide multiple (fun) ways to earn (an appropriate amount of) marks and baubles while some require you to grind (poorly designed) STFs for very few marks. Some hourly projects require 15 marks, some 20, each store is set up differently, etc..

I think at this point nothing short of a full revamp of the system will save it from being a professional embarrassment. Perhaps had someone been put in charge of the over-all development of the system this randomness could be have been avoided.

Short of a full revamp, the Delta Rep at the very least needs to be examined and changes made with regards to how the APCs are earned. Not to be overly dramatic but if I were responsible for implementing this system I'd be horribly embarrassed.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be nice if the Kobali Ground Zone gave out Ancient Power Cells and more DR marks.

Agreed. I'd like to see the marks per mission increased from 5 to 15 and an Ancient Power Cell awarded for each completed Escalated mission.

Some people might say these numbers look a bit low, but it's not difficult to complete 3-5 missions relatively quickly. I'd imagine that the devs want to limit the amount of APCs given (the Voth and Undine ones require a decent investment in time across multiple missions) and limitting them to successful Escalations would facilitate this - plus it might encourage grouping and teamwork on the map.

K
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug Hunt Elite is really great fun if you're with a decent, prepared team. Everyone needs a nice AoE gun like a pulsewave or split beam and some kind of armor with Tox resist. Load up the tox resist traits. Engineers should pack chroniton mines and strategically place cover shields to protect the NPC dude.

You really can't fail it at that point, it's two free APCs and a free elite salvage.

Remember the U.S.S. Buenos Aires! The only good bug is a dead bug!
  • Options
    dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have achieved Dahar Master. I am now at T3 Delta Rep. Have done the Episodes. Have finished doing all the ground stuff at Kobali. Have done Normal and Advanced Borg Disconnect many times to achieve Lvl 60. Have Patrolled the Delta Quadrant Daily and picked up all that I could including having the problem of not being able to open my Overflow Bag unless the Heavens allowed. I am coming close to getting the 4th Ship Trait.

All of the above activity, I presently have only 3 Ancient Power Cells.

I haven't done the Bug Hunt yet, but if you say there's where the APC are, then I'll do that. (Where can I get the Scenario of the Bug Hunt?)

However, considering all my activity....3 APCs (and those were gifts)..C'mon!
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why even make this option to have to use to get Delta Rep gear. Elite queues are empty. They should do it like this:

Normal 1 APC
    Advanced 2 APC
    Elite 3 APC

The way it is now like they don't want you get APC so easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!