What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so are you happy with tier5u upgrade price of 700zen

Comments

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I still haven't gotten this completely figured out. If I buy a token for one of my Odyssey ships, does that one token upgrade ALL of my Odyssey ships for ALL of my characters?

No, it will let you upgrade one of the three odyssey variants, and that variant will be upgraded for any toon that has it. The other two variants will need to be upgraded separately, with additional tokens.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I only needed two. all my other ships had free upgrades. I was surprised by that.
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes I do, as some of my "developed characters" are newer and I haven't got around to upgrading them to fleet ships. When I do however, if I've already upgraded either the fleet or c-store version of that ship on that or another character upgrading the fleet version when I get it will be FREE.

I don't think some players are understanding this, the upgrade is a 1 time account wide thing, and includes the c-store AND fleet version.

Eg. You upgrade a c-store Galaxy X on character A. You later buy the fleet version, upgrade will be free as you upgraded the c-store version. You then claim a c-store Galaxy X on character B, again the upgrade on this is free as you did it on character A. later, you decide to get the fleet version on character B too, yet again the upgrade is free.

You only pay ONCE per account, per ship. Once you do it the once, future upgrades on that ship are FREE.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    Yes I do, as some of my "developed characters" are newer and I haven't got around to upgrading them to fleet ships. When I do however, if I've already upgraded either the fleet or c-store version of that ship on that or another character upgrading the fleet version when I get it will be FREE.

I don't think some players are understanding this, the upgrade is a 1 time account wide thing, and includes the c-store AND fleet version.

Eg. You upgrade a c-store Galaxy X on character A. You later buy the fleet version, upgrade will be free as you upgraded the c-store version. You then claim a c-store Galaxy X on character B, again the upgrade on this is free as you did it on character A. later, you decide to get the fleet version on character B too, yet again the upgrade is free.

You only pay ONCE per account, per ship. Once you do it the once, future upgrades on that ship are FREE.
    Yeah, it is a big deal - especially for people whose Fleets have not yet reached a level where they can unlock the Fleet version of the ship.

I flew a C-Store Excelsior for years until the C-Store Regent was made available, and then I used that. Once my Fleet reached T5 the first ship I purchased was the Fleet Sovereign and switched over to that. I used one of my Delta Pack Tokens to Upgrade to T5U - it was the very first thing I did. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    r24681012 wrote: »
    so are you happy that to upgrade your ship you will have to pay 700 zen is that a fair Price in your eyes or do you fill its to expencive and not worth it whats your views guys

I did not have to pay 700zen to upgrade my ship I upgraded 4 of my ship for 500 zen each.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The free upgrade of the Risian and Breen ships are the right prices as an upgrade doesn't cover all the ships of the three packs I won't be upgrading my already purchased once zen ships.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would've preferred it to be 500, but the fact that it also counts towards the associated Fleet ship does ameliorate that. Rather than paying 500 twice I pay 700 once, and it's purchasable on the exchange for those that have the EC. Not that painful.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    ednarulesednarules Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heh, it isn't worth it to upgrade cstore ships. Before DR they were quite long in the tooth compared to the lobi/lock box ships, now they're pretty much outdated.

I'd hold off on upgrading it till the new line of T6 and T6 fleet ships come out. New T6 lobi/lockbox ships are going to be waaay better than the old cstore ships.
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ednarules wrote: »
    Heh, it isn't worth it to upgrade cstore ships. Before DR they were quite long in the tooth compared to the lobi/lock box ships, now they're pretty much outdated.

I'd hold off on upgrading it till the new line of T6 and T6 fleet ships come out. New T6 lobi/lockbox ships are going to be waaay better than the old cstore ships.

They wont however look at all like the "classics" that you can get from the C-Store. You're also missing that if you upgrade a C-Store ship, then later get the fleet version, then the fleet version will get a free upgrade.

Not everybody wants to fly a ship purely because it's the very latest design, otherwise you wouldn't see so many Defiants, Galaxy Xs etc around.

What would be absolute gravy though would be if they extended the free upgrade system to all pack ships. Kind of a shame that you have to use a token for each 1 of the 3 (1 pack means 3 tokens). That said, most of the packs people use 1 or 2 of the ships from them at most, and the 3rd tends to just be a console donor, so it's not that bad.

Besides, lots of folks already own c-store/fleet ships...
  • Options
    chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My view is that I'd rather spend that 700 zen on dilithium for my lottery box ships.
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    700 is a little annoying. It reduces my altitis a bit. Most of my characters are stuck in the veteran destroyer while I'm waiting for my monthly stipend to kick in.

So this month I upgraded the Long Range Science Vessel Refit. That gives my main character and one other their science ship. Next month I'll upgrade my lead KDF character's carrier. Etc. I'll have enough to keep me busy with a limited selection of characters until I get more ships upgraded.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Overpriced like mad.

T5 Vice Admiral Ships: 2500 Zen
    T6 Ships: 3000 Zen

Difference between T5VA and T6 = 500 Zen.

Difference between T5VA and T5-U = 700 Zen.

Logic???

I mean especially since T5-U ships are pretty much inferior to pureblood T6 ships, completely lacking the benefit of an intel boff station or additional boff power.
  • Options
    wudwaenwudwaen Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so are you happy that to upgrade your ship you will have to pay 700 zen is that a fair Price in your eyes or do you fill its to expencive and not worth it whats your views guys

No. $7.00 is a case of soup (24 cans) at the grocery store. All of the Z store is overpriced. Especially the things related to Delta Rising. The entire game has become pay to play by making everything Dilithium based and the Dilithium nearly impossible to get. The ruination of the STFs and their rewards is specifically to force people to pay to play. As a Lifetime subscriber who has purchased numerous ships in the past, and even the Romulan pkg, I am not happy with having all the things I was working on placed out of reach unless I buy excessively priced Z-store items and purchase zen so I can get Dilitium.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. ~ Cecil Beaton
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no /10 char. I always enjoy buying the same ship over and over and over and over again..
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Overpriced like mad.

T5 Vice Admiral Ships: 2500 Zen
    T6 Ships: 3000 Zen

Difference between T5VA and T6 = 500 Zen.

Difference between T5VA and T5-U = 700 Zen.

Logic???

I mean especially since T5-U ships are pretty much inferior to pureblood T6 ships, completely lacking the benefit of an intel boff station or additional boff power.
    Pay more for less=Cryptic's logic.

And the prices are getting insane.

3,200 zen is $32, right? and add five dollars if you were upgrading from fleet quality...$37 for a ship. That's approaching the price for a full-fledged video game for a single ship. It's obscene.

I absolutely do not approve of paying that much money for a ship that, by designisn't as good as the stuff they are relasing right now.
  • Options
    aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would love the ability to upgrade lower tier ships to T5U status. I have an Orion that's still flying a Dacoit because I think it's so much more interested and elegant than the Maurader.
  • Options
    drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    This^

The biggest slap to the face is buying a $25 zen ship and then being told you need to pay another $7 or $5 to upgrade it costing more then a tier 6 ship.

Sorry but kinda tired of that argument.

First:
    You paid for a T5 ship.
    You got a t5 ship.
    You still have a T5 ship.

If you want more that what you paid for you should expect to pay more. They could have not had t5 upgradable at all. If you buy a brand new 2014 car.. drive it around for a while are you going to demand a free upgrade when the 2015s come out? And again in 2016? etc? You got what you paid for, presumably enjoyed it, and yet now feel the need to complain because something better is available? Name a product that doesn't eventually get replaced by a better product eventually.

Second:
    SOME t5s were 2500.. not all. some were 2000 (regular price, not sale) and you can buy a 4 pack of upgrades for 2000 making them 500 ea. Don't need 4? sell the extra on the AH and buys something you do want.

Finally:
    You don't NEED to buy any upgrades, or new ships. You might want to, and thats ok.. or you might decide its too much and thats ok too. To me, the 'biggest slap in the face' is people that act like they are 'forced to buy' anything. No one is forcing you upgrade anything. Keep flying your T5 and keep playing the same game. Nothing was removed, just added. Friend of mine is running a mirror ship through the new DR content. Not having any problems with it. HE is aware the elite STFs would probably be out of his reach and doesn't feel the need to do them.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would have prefered 500 Zen instead of 700. Just an easier number, the 1K Zen purchase would give you 2 upgrades.

Overall, I'm happy. I did the upgrade on 2 of my ships (Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit, Scimitar Dreadnaught Warbird) and I have noticed a fairly substantial gain in power from both ships, especially the Scimitar.

T6 ships are nice, but honestly.. until the Fleet T6 come out I really think that T5-U Scimitar is the most powerful ship in the game by a considerable margin.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Upgrading a ship to T6 or FT6 would have been worth up to 3000 Zen for me. Upgrading a ship to T5U is worth 0 Zen. That the upgrades are account-wide doesn't concern me because all of my characters use different ships. Otherwise I wouldn't have made them.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would have been an acceptable price to upgrade to tier 6.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I keep forgetting why T6 is better then T5u, besides just having a higher number?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I keep forgetting why T6 is better then T5u, besides just having a higher number?

More BOFF stations is better than more consoles, and you get the more consoles from Lobi/Lockbox/Fleet T6 anyway. Plus T6 has higher base stats.
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No Im not. And the layout has changed from what I had from before. Which is extremely disappointing. The ship doesnt feel stronger or more effective at all.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why would I pay 700 Zen when I can pick it up on the exchange for roughly 12 million EC? Price has been dropping slowly, within a week it will likely be the price of one fleet ship module.

Yup, this is nice. I grabbed a couple for 11M. Getting a T5U for 1.5% of my EC stash seemed a bargain. :D Might grab a couple more when the price drops. Thankfully(?) most of my toons drive Lockbox ships so got free upgrades. Though was miffed that my Flagships had to buy theirs. Spent half the day debating which Oddy & Scimitar to upgrade. Damn Cryptic didn't give an extra Tac console to the one Oddy I prefer! :mad: What? A 3rd Tac + SA would be OP? Please. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nah, not happy, 700 zen for one module? Greed plain and simple. 500 zen would have been more realistic, and 1500-1600 zen for a 4 pack.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nah, not happy, 700 zen for one module? Greed plain and simple. 500 zen would have been more realistic, and 1500-1600 zen for a 4 pack.

Yeah Craptic is Greedy

Now excuse me while I post my Tokens on the exchange for an obscene amount.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah Craptic is Greedy

You sir, have just "owned" this thread.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah Craptic is Greedy

Last I heard they were at 12 million and dropping. That's a smaller zen to ec profit than keys.
  • Options
    generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I bought two 4-packs. pretty happy with them, at 500 zen each
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im actually not happy with it I do think they should be 500zen and heres why.

1) you already spent 2500 on a single ship which equals to around about £25.00 in the UK and something like $35 or more in america.

2) T6 Ships cost 3000 including a new skill set BoFF which is quite useful and a few extra's.

Now I dont know about you but whats wrong with this figure?

T6 ships costing 3000 zen supposedly as the best ships you can get.

and yet you're forced to pay 3200 all together to buy a tier 5 ship and upgrade to T5-U .... which is not equal to a tier 6 ship... so not only are you paying more for less you're also essentially wasting quite a bit of money in the long term.

Now normally I wouldn't make such a fuss but it actually just doesn't make sense to price them at 200 extra... as on a whole you're forcing the user to actually pay 200 more for a singular console upgrade on without including the intelligence officer boffs slot.

Now if the upgrade allowed an IO Boff to join your ship regardless of the class and tier 5 then id be fine with the price but for me someone who cant put much money into the game all the time as bills and such take precedents and you know... "life" I am not pleased about it.

It almost seems like an attempt at forcing extra buys. so what £8.99 will get me 1 upgrade token but if it was 500 id get 2... now sorry but its just a complete rip if im honest ... at least it seems like it currently.

considering players have multiple characters/ships as well...