test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Windows 10 technical preview delta rising crash to desktop

hey yall never had any problems running sto till now but am having an issue with the game client crashing to desktop on the windows 10 technical preview. can get as far as the delta rising load screen then the game client crashes to desktop and i get the whole error ticket thing. anyone else experiencing this issue? and if so figured out a fiix of some sort?
Post edited by blondie987 on

Comments

• Options
    amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    blondie987 wrote: »
    hey yall never had any problems running sto till now but am having an issue with the game client crashing to desktop on the windows 10 technical preview. can get as far as the delta rising load screen then the game client crashes to desktop and i get the whole error ticket thing. anyone else experiencing this issue? and if so figured out a fiix of some sort?

Try this thread here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1250361
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    in other words this is a bug caused by the update and nobody at the moment is even able to get in game because of it
  • Options
    amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    in other words this is a bug caused by the update and nobody at the moment is even able to get in game because of it

Hmmm, basically, yes; That's correct :(
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    No there are plenty of people who are not running Windows 10 Preview (why is this even a thing?) who are playing right now.

There is a bug that is effecting some players. It's being investigated, but I would not hold my breath for support on an OS that's 14 months away from general release.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a bug that is effecting some players. It's being investigated, but I would not hold my breath for support on an OS that's 14 months away from general release.

This only applies when asking for official support. He is not asking for support from the devs as I read his post. He wants to know if anyone else using the preview has experienced the problem, and if so have the figured out a way to solve it.

Now if the op is asking for official support than I have to agree and add he will be lucky to get any. It is one of the things you have to accept when using a preview/test version of an OS. THis applies across the board really.

As to the second post from the OP, well that is incorrect. As said plenty of people are able to get into the game, I have seen quite a few people on line. Therefore it is not an across the board problem. Have you tried logging in on a system with a supported OS?
  • Options
    alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014

No, this is a bug caused by your use of an unsupported OS.
  • Options
    ednarulesednarules Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ..why are you using a pre-alpha OS to play games with anyways? It's silly, no offense.

Plus MS is logging everything you do on it, even keystrokes. Some one over at MS might want to play your STO account, since they'll log your name and password.

At least wait til a RC is out...
  • Options
    oneofnine1oneofnine1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    its not your os i play sto 2 laptops and a desktop all runing windows 10TP
    do you by any chance have teamviewer runing? teamviewer stops sto from starting for some reson.
    also the windows 10 RDP is much smoother then windows 8.1 (i use rdp to play from my cell phone)
    ps make sure you have the amd/nvidia beta drivers for windows TP
  • Options
    leptoon3rsleptoon3rs Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ednarules wrote: »
    ..why are you using a pre-alpha OS to play games with anyways? It's silly, no offense.

Plus MS is logging everything you do on it, even keystrokes. Some one over at MS might want to play your STO account, since they'll log your name and password.

At least wait til a RC is out...

That is such complete bull**** and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Windows 10 works great for most games and the whole point of using the OS is to provide feedback for the Windows Insider program.
  • Options
    binary1989binary1989 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I fixed mine by turning compatibilty mode to windows 7 for both client and laucher and it worked