test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising Mission 1 - Mindscape - Incompleteable twice in a row

siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ive played through the entire mission twice now. Got to the stage where we used astrometrics to find cooper, and the mind meld link was finally broken.

Im left stuck on voyagers bridge / ready room with no map markers, no glowy consoles, no "talk to..." markers over NPCs, no use turbolift option. nothing at all to continue with the mission to its completion.

First time I left the mission and restarted it, did the entire thing again, and had the same incompleteable outcome at the end.

Now, im just going to skip it.

Seriously, the first mission.......
Post edited by siliconpsycho on

Comments

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    At this point you are supposed to get a Popup Dialog from Tuvok when you emerge from the Meld, so I'm not sure how to help you. I had a friend you had this problem as well but I did not
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just had a similar issue where I was interrupted and was killed by the assimilated undine and when I respawned it put me on the actual voyager in it's transporter room. I beamed out and now have to do the mission from the doc onwards.
  • Options
    temperanceuktemperanceuk Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2014
    i am haveing the same problem also in the same place.........
  • Options
    mizzouguy1981mizzouguy1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stuck in mission as well.... Done it twice now what?
  • Options
    naotoshinaotoshi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem.
    Some solution?
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm stuck on the Nelaxie. Can't adjust nothing just stuck.:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same Issue myself, had someone else i play with get through just fine.
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had an odd issue and don't know if it's a bug.

I played Mindscape 1st, on my Klingon char on Elite difficulty.
    When I beamed on Cooper's Undine ship I had only 1 boff with me.
    Then now I'm doing the same mission with my fed on advance difficulty and when I beamed down I have my 4 Boff with me !

anyone else got this bug ?

I understand now why I found it tough on Elite with only one boff ;)
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have now tried it a third time.

Full computer restart
    Verify all game files (OK)
    more than 12 hours since I last tried it.....

Same result, stuck at the same point with no way to continue
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited October 2014
    Three attempts. Not completeable. That sucks.

The three Subtasks concerning Astrometics & Cooper show as accomplished, but the Maintasks do not!

That is annoying. The only real content is already bugged in the beginning, and the Foundry is down at all at the same time.

I will start a fourth attempt later this day. If this still fails, i just quit for the upcoming weeks. No need to get mad by this bugged game.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    my 4th attempt has now failed in exactly the same way, on a completely different character.
  • Options
    masterbeedoomasterbeedoo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mindscape mission non stop crashes and locking out my graphics driver. This seems like some serious engine bug.
  • Options
    mormonjihadmormonjihad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    add me to the list. nothing but a waste of freaking time.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Then now I'm doing the same mission with my fed on advance difficulty and when I beamed down I have my 4 Boff with me !

I understand now why I found it tough on Elite with only one boff ;)

I had 3, 1 had no armor, 1 just had a helmet & the other was ok,,,,,,,,,lol.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    At this point you are supposed to get a Popup Dialog from Tuvok when you emerge from the Meld, so I'm not sure how to help you. I had a friend you had this problem as well but I did not

Dont no if it was server lagggggg or bugs but i had to wait 4-5 min before the popup appeared,,,,,,
  • Options
    darkdamnaithdarkdamnaith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've played this mission twice. It seems a bit random that a few people cannot complete it, but I wouldn't put it past the code to have something that fails to trigger when some obscure condition is met.

First time I was alone on the undine ship which made the fights okayish. (Sci medic captain with an average of 60%+ resists against most energy types)

Second time my ground combat boffs showed up, two of which are geared in fleet equipment for Dyson Ground Battlezone, the other two have blue MK XII gear. The fights were trivialized with me just standing there watching my boffs rip through the undine.

I wonder if everyone is killing/shooting everything like a good murderhobo?
    edited October 2014
    Dont no if it was server lagggggg or bugs but i had to wait 4-5 min before the popup appeared,,,,,,

I had this when trying to dispose of the "false" Harry Kim in engineering. I'd take him down to about 2/3 health and then the game would just stop. I cant fire at him, he's not firing at me. All we can do is run around each other. It stays like this for about 2 to 3 minutes and then the pop-up from Tuvok appears about Harry hiding behind a force field and about having to use a console to override it.

This happened each time he hid behind a forcefield.

The lag in the episode was awful. :(
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd had something similar happen to the OP. Except when I appeared in Tuvok's ready room, I had Tuvok with me...to meet with Tuvok. I couldn't interact with Meditating Tuvok, and I didn't see any indicators as to what to do next, so I exited the room to the bridge. Very shortly after that, Mind-Tuvok despawned and I got the interact option available with Meditating Tuvok, but I couldn't say what actually triggered that.

(I also had the "only one member of my bridge crew showed up to party" on the Undine vessel, although "calling reinforcements" brought the rest in.)
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I did it on normal, and had 2 with me.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

The first time I played it I ended up waiting in the bridge-to-nowhere for over 20 minutes while some fleetmates caught up to see what would happen with them. Nothing happened for me, at all
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And no Dev around noting it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    4th fail attempt!
  • Options
    zapow21zapow21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having a different sort of problem with the mission. I feel kind of dumb even posting about it because the issue might be on my end.

During the Northwest Passage portion I'm not having any luck scanning the singularities. I've scanned them all and none are a positive scan.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I supposed to let the scan run out or am I supposed to hit exit like with R&D material? I've tried both and neither seem to work.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zapow21 wrote: »
    I'm having a different sort of problem with the mission. I feel kind of dumb even posting about it because the issue might be on my end.

During the Northwest Passage portion I'm not having any luck scanning the singularities. I've scanned them all and none are a positive scan.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I supposed to let the scan run out or am I supposed to hit exit like with R&D material? I've tried both and neither seem to work.

You have to actually match the wave signatures, not like picking up R&D
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    qordaqqordaq Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had the same bug described in the OP while on Tribble... I had really hoped this was fixed... I like DR, but there are considerable interrupts that will effectively block players from continuing the story... Very unfortunate.
    Previously: QorDaq
    Operations Team, 12th Fleet
  • Options
    en40rceren40rcer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had the same problem when I played through it the first time. I did the astrometrics like I was supposed to, but, it did not register as being completed. So, I was in the same boat, on the bridge, no one to talk to, nothing from the turbo lift, and no panel or console to interact with.

I was talking to my fleetmates who already ran through it and told me what should have happened, but, it was not.

Beamed back to my ship, and started all over..the second time, I killed all the extra crew members who appeared before the astrometrics room, and the mission completed on me that time. So my advice, kill all the peeps before going into the room.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    5th attempt failed as well.
    qordaq wrote: »
    I had the same bug described in the OP while on Tribble... I had really hoped this was fixed... I like DR, but there are considerable interrupts that will effectively block players from continuing the story... Very unfortunate.

Common business.

en40rcer wrote: »
    Beamed back to my ship, and started all over..the second time, I killed all the extra crew members who appeared before the astrometrics room, and the mission completed on me that time. So my advice, kill all the peeps before going into the room.

I bet i did, none the less often some of them appear within or behind the wallpanels...

Support-Workaround:

Beam out, wait 15min, start again.....
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    6th attempt. It worked now at this stage, but sometimes Harry Kim is bugged as well.

I still bet i killed all the npcs before as well, but sometimes the Tuvok NPC stucks somewhere in the corridors, so you have to proceed slowly and attack every npcs where they pop up, so that Tuvok follows into the astrometics.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Issue verified. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    uraciouseuraciouse Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also cannot complete mission. Game crashes each time I finish talking to seven of nine the first time. Now I cant even log onto the character it last crashed on without the game crashing again. If this isnt fixed I simply wont be able to play the game anymore due to purely technical reasons! :(