Hope they fix it soon !
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay! Welcome to the club, aka the order of the Persistence

stick around. The record is 6 weeks.
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    game crash to loading screen also for me,
    1st time I was mining in Vluga mine, 2nd time I was standing in fleet mine, I was away from keyboard to take a drink and when I went back, game was on loading screen
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • alioraaliora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wardcalis wrote: »
    after about 2 minutes on the delta rising screen the computer crashes

Okay. For those who have not found this via google or your favorite ouija board, there does seem to be a work around. It's cludgy, but it will get you in game. Sadly, this only works for full screen users.

Run the game.

When you see the cryptic screen, alt tab out.

Wait a minute or two. I've heard that using a batch file to avoid the launcher allows you to monitor how it loads and you can see when it is at the character load stage and safe to tab back in. Otherwise, wait the two minutes.

Once you tab in, you will see the mouse pointer. Just wait maybe 20 to 30 seconds and you should see the character select. Or the Account sign in, if you are using the batch file.

There are some claims that you can get around this by turning off the DX11 and Dynamic Lighting support. But I've tried both and I still have to do the above to get the game to run.

For some reason, as long as you are tabbed out during the game load, you can alt tab in once it is safely loaded. And bypass the nasty issue about graphic elements failing to load.

Now for the harder part for those who don't use fullscreen.

If you game in a window, even the fake full screen window, you will need to do a quick dirty edit of the gameprefs.pref file for the following setting.

PrefEntry GfxSettings.Fullscreen 1

Run the game again. If you are using a batch file to avoid cryptic's game launcher and updater, then you will notice that it loads differently and complains a lot about the file not being set up the way it expects. (Hence my calling the editing via notepad a dirty edit)

When it seems to stop loading alt tab in. If you cannot see what is happening, just wait two minutes before tabbing in.

You should eventually see a screen that says loading. When you see that, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to quickly get out and to the screen to pull up the task manager. The reason for this is that it will crash if you are not tabbed out. This is a one time thing that seems to happen after you hand edit the pref file.

Wait a minute and you can hopefully tab back in to the character select or account/password screen.

After you sign in, you can just use the first procedure to enter the game without having to quickly back out via the ctrl-alt-del.

If this helps others, then I am glad. However, the little one here can now play her game, so I'll count it as a minor victory.

~A