What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Late to the party, I may finally make a Romulan

2»

Comments

• mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I've played the Romulan story arc, but isn't there at least one mission where you're fighting against the Tal Shiar and the Klingons show up to fight right next to you, while Starfleet sits on the sidelines and tells you they can't get involved? And then at the end of the arc Ambassador Jiro basically says, "Well sorry we couldn't help you, because morals, but join us anyway!" *picardfacepalm*

I'll admit that I'm biased. I favor the KDF in this game for a couple of reasons. First, their playerbase is much smaller than the Fed, and I'll always pull for an underdog (the Roms are underdogs too, we should all be on the same side!). Second, the combat-heavy, "shoot first" nature of STO lends itself much more to the KDF philosophy than it does to Federation ideals. Starfleet comes across as faintly hypocritical when most of the time what you're doing is blowing up whatever's in sight.

Regardless, like I said before, the main reasons I chose KDF for my Reman was for practical reasons, access to the leech and marauding, not because of any particularly strong RP feelings. If anyone chooses to ally with the Fed on their Romulan, I'll only hold it a little bit against you. :cool:

Ah. ;) Fair enough.

I admit I do tend to roleplay quite a bit so sometimes I'll ignore that's strictly practical to go with what my character would go with. Mine likes the idea of freedom, of a free society ruled by a group of people over a single Emperor. Though that being said she doesn't really like the idea of reunification. In her eyes both Romulans and Vulcans need to change a bit to make that possible. AKA: The Vulcans have to learn a balanced approach toward emotions.

Between her natural tendancies and the knowledge of what the Klingons did after Hobus, she allies with Starfleet though make no mistake her first loyalty is to the Romulan people.

As for me, in truth I play a Starfleet Sci and Eng, a Klingon Tac, and a Romulan Tac equally. All building up reputation and working on endgame. I have three unique perspectives to play with.