test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Odyssey Science Cruiser Healer Build

riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Yesterday I did a hour-long 5v5 premade with Lag fleeties. (won 14-15 :D ). I was amazed of the performance of the healers that I wanted to do the same. So I bought the Odyssey Science Cruiser just today (looks are stunning, always wanted one!), willing to make a healer out of it on my Fed sci to use in premades. Subnukes are never enough in premades! (don't bother about suggesting engies for the work, I won't be the engi, and I'm all set for the sci).

This is my proposed build for it. Kudos to Pingu in my avatar for building it lol

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scienceodysseyhealer11_0

doffs are two science team CD, two Engi team CD, Aux2Sif HoT, WCE cleanse.

Tell me what do you think about it! Take note that I never tried the healer role in teams, so if you have any further suggestions, ie keybinds to take care of dying allies, they're more than welcome! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Needs Borg Assim 2 pc. Needs to replace ST3 with HE3. Replace HE1 with ST1. Undine Bio-tech Patch trait is a must have. Fleet neutroniums should be hull repair ones.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    your build looks pretty solid.

he's an old build from renimalt; it might have some ideas in it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8998411&postcount=672

since you're playing a science toon, I would get a subspace jump console so you can jump/nuke. I would even put it on a keybind.

Don't forget the vesta line is getting an upgrade. You might want to try a healer with it. AOE heal every 2 mins will be nice. A lot of people run a wells as a heal boat now also, but personally I still like the science Odyssey.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Needs Borg Assim 2 pc. Needs to replace ST3 with HE3. Replace HE1 with ST1. Undine Bio-tech Patch trait is a must have. Fleet neutroniums should be hull repair ones.

I can agree on borg set 2pc, but ST3 nope. Every 15 seconds massive heal and cleanse, pops three times while TSS is on CD. Was thinking about a hullrep nautronium, wasn't sure though.
    edited October 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    your build looks pretty solid.

he's an old build from renimalt; it might have some ideas in it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8998411&postcount=672

since you're playing a science toon, I would get a subspace jump console so you can jump/nuke. I would even put it on a keybind.

Don't forget the vesta line is getting an upgrade. You might want to try a healer with it. AOE heal every 2 mins will be nice. A lot of people run a wells as a heal boat now also, but personally I still like they science Odyssey.

build from ddis thread, looked at it :P
    I'll probably eventually maybe in the future make a heal Vesta as well with complete set, but the commander science is a drawback, no heals in there so you have to go sci a little bit. Maybe Shockwave with aftershock, still not as resilient as an odyssey. Good idea on jumper, placed in on my list. :)
    edited October 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    You'll be a rag doll if opposing team has alot of CC.

You need a PH1.

Also alternating EPTS+EPTE will keep you from getting stuck and pushed away from your team.

My main healer is a Sci Odyssey. You dont want Jumper as your only means of escape.

PH instead of TSS1 or HE1? Plus, PH protects from slow effects, not push and pull (AtD counters them).
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    PH instead of TSS1 or HE1? Plus, PH protects from slow effects, not push and pull (AtD counters them).

PH provides immunity to Tractor Beams...
    edited October 2014
    PH provides immunity to Tractor Beams...

indeed, Tractor Beams slows, Tractor Beam Repulsors pulls or pushes. Not the same thing :)
    edited October 2014
    indeed, Tractor Beams slows, Tractor Beam Repulsors pulls or pushes. Not the same thing :)

Tractor Beam Repulsors are Tractor Beams...go ahead, load up PH and have somebody try to TBR or R-TBR you. It's immunity to Tractor Beams...whether they're being used as a Slow, Repel, or Push. It's not an immunity to the Tractor Beam ability, it's an immunity to Tractor Beams.

APO/AtD might provide an immunity to the repel (positive or negative), PH not only does that but also provides immunity to the damage that you still take with APO/AtD.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Exactly what these competent guys over me already said :) The build overall is solid, i'd slot a ph1 instead of tss1 (the cc is super strong out there). Just a thing, i'd slot a tt2 instead of the apd1. It's true, the importance of apd is obvious, but as "healer"i would give more importance to have a tt every 15s, just like st and et. Additionally, i'd slot a jump console if you wanna bring this beast in a premade, just to better coordinate the nuke with the alphas without the need to "get in position" or like an "escape strategy".
    Ofc, borg/assimilated engine and deflector are must have.
  • gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=sciody3_0

Thatl work also, yes you loose extends but free up 2 doff slots, id use 2x sci team cd 2x empt cd and 2 of your personal choice
    edited October 2014
    I run 2 Conn doffs for TT and boost to APD1.

TY

Right, then he has to decide what "team" ability not have at global cooldown. What you think is better at this point? To me, it's better to have all the "team" abilities at gcd on an healer, but it depends from the playstyle or the team setup.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure the Oddy is the right ship to use as a healer platform, I would use the Sovi myself, in fact I did, this is the build I used http://www.kaysvaultofstuff.com/healboat-sovi.html with it you can make virtually anyone using basic defensive skills unkillable.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I'm not sure the Oddy is the right ship to use as a healer platform, I would use the Sovi myself, in fact I did, this is the build I used http://www.kaysvaultofstuff.com/healboat-sovi.html with it you can make virtually anyone using basic defensive skills unkillable.

makes no sense. Sovi has too much tac, not enough sci slots, and 9 consoles only.
    Odyssey has a lot of Science ---> maor heals (tss, st, he) and has sensor analysis. And has 10 consoles, more hull, more shields.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

edited October 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    makes no sense. Sovi has too much tac, not enough sci slots, and 9 consoles only.
    Odyssey has a lot of Science ---> maor heals (tss, st, he) and has sensor analysis. And has 10 consoles, more hull, more shields.

indeed. SA, absolutely no focus for tactical department, with DR gains fifth eng, 1.15 SM, way more hull, ltcmdr uni to use in science.

Freebie sovvie is a bad ship, not good for damage, too heavy engi and too little science to be a pure healer. Can't even be upgraded. Fleet sovvie is a ship meant for tacs. Thanks but no thanks.
  • bethshepardbethshepard Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Drop HE1for PH1, TSS1 for TB1. If your tanky enough forget Borg def and engine and go for maco shield and engine with fleet deflector to scrape a little of you cool downs....
    edited October 2014
    Drop HE1for PH1, TSS1 for TB1. If your tanky enough forget Borg def and engine and go for maco shield and engine with fleet deflector to scrape a little of you cool downs....

Why TB1? I mean, why should I be able to tractor someone with such slow speed?
    edited October 2014
    I go without ET on Global due to not too many VMs out there and AUX2SIF3 every 15 seconds

More likely to see Web Mines, GPG, etc than VM...
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    giotariz wrote: »

While it is true that the Oddy has a few thousand more HP than the Sovi, that's maybe one or two extra seconds of life, especially for a healboat considering the few things that can take a good one down, compared to the extra mobility of the Sovi, also as you would see if you looked at the build page, more tac isn't necessarily bad, APD for example can be thrown at others giving them more resistance and during TT downtime reducing the resistance of their assailants.

When considering these factors it makes quite good sense, one console slot isn't much in the grand scheme of things anyway.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    While it is true that the Oddy has a few thousand more HP than the Sovi, that's maybe one or two extra seconds of life, especially for a healboat considering the few things that can take a good one down, compared to the extra mobility of the Sovi, also as you would see if you looked at the build page, more tac isn't necessarily bad, APD for example can be thrown at others giving them more resistance and during TT downtime reducing the resistance of their assailants.

When considering these factors it makes quite good sense, one console slot isn't much in the grand scheme of things anyway.

wait, wut?

What you're saying is: one more console, more shield, more hull, more science, uni slots and being able of getting an upgrade isn't important, as sovi has more Tac which are useless for healing.

Yeah, who cares about logic.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

edited October 2014
    True but it's not like you're not carrying an ET. It's just not on Global

True...what I said might have carried some bias from some swapping shenanigans that were taking place earlier and me wishing I had more ET. Though I thought it cool I could actually see the GPGs flying instead of them being buried behind other stuff...heh.

edit: Hey, I forget...does ET clear 3pc Omega as well?
    edited October 2014
    edit: Hey, I forget...does ET clear 3pc Omega as well?
    If i remember well, yes.

Btw ric, consider another ship for healing. Lately i'm using the Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser. It has a lot of advantages compared to oddy: better hull and shield reg with 2pc set, a better turn rate, a better shield mod, a better impulse mod, the cloak, a commander and an ensign universal, a "disable" console and the possibility to have the same boff layout of the recluse. Then, as well as the oddy, it has SA ;)
    edited October 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    If i remember well, yes.

Btw ric, consider another ship for healing. Lately i'm using the Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser. It has a lot of advantages compared to oddy: better hull and shield reg with 2pc set, a better turn rate, a better shield mod, a better impulse mod, the cloak, a commander and an ensign universal, a "disable" console and the possibility to have the same boff layout of the recluse. Then, as well as the oddy, it has SA ;)

*Super Mario music*
    "3,2,1, FIGHT!"

Science Odyssey
    Adapted BC
    42,000 - Hull - 42,000
    1,15 - SM - 1,3
    4/4/2 - Consoles - 4/3/3
    (with DR, Odyssey gets fifth engi, Tal Shiar BC gets fourth sci)
    6 - turn - 7
    0,15 - Impulse mod - 0,18

Bridge officers wise, there's no big difference actually. As a healer, the commander will simply go to engineering, and the ensign to science for the BC. Instead for the Odyssey, Ltcmdr goes to sci, ensign goes to engi. Bottom line, the only difference is Lt. vs ensign science, ensign vs Lt. engi as difference. (and I prefer the oddy in that, more room to put PH1 that made a great difference).

Odyssey can stack more engineering consoles, minimal of 2 tacs to slap in universals. Both have sensor analysis.
    Odyssey has work bees (once per minute), while the BC has a warp core with +15 hull repair, and a A->W mod. Frankly, I see Obelisk as a better pick. A->S, Eff mod. The nanite thingy, don't know what it does.

And for looks (to me). Odyssey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tal Shiar BC. :D

Lol Odyssey makes for a great healer already, I won't get broken with EC to buy a ship I don't like looking at, Odyssey does the trick already :D
    And anyway, I bought it yesterday when I created the thread, lol.
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have been working on my Odyssey healer for a long time and this is what I use.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=healer38_0

Doffs are very important. they are in the notes

the missing device is Jevonite Hardpoints.

any question about my build on why I have thing the way I do just let me know.

for my keybinds I have all the team powers and AtSIF on one key, both HE and TSS on another. so I can use my over time heals or right now heals.
    I am @allenlabarge in game :D
    edited October 2014
    So, update on the build...
    First, thank you all for the responses, they helped me fine tune my ship. I came up with an unconventional way for reducing the damage I suffer while rebuilding it, but that's a secret of mine lol.
    Subspace Jumper was also nuts, saved me a lot of times, I could place subnukes right when my team needed them.

Anyway, here's the new loadout http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scienceodysseyhealer13_0

PH1 helped so much, still considering on MACO engines and shield, Elite fleet ones are so much better, and with DR, you want the adaptive bonuses if you encounter a carrier wave SNB.

Did a few matches, including one in C&H that lasted for a good while, balanced teams. Look at the healing in the Blue team I did :D (Lara Khan) http://i.imgur.com/kje8FKo.jpg

Btw, we did a bit of RP doing the christening for real of the ship. Got the Odyssey's High Uniform for the occasion (I'm the one dressed in blue and black). It looked like Generations for a while... until Giovanni started throwing snowballs on my bridge, lol. Then drank some Chateau Picard all together...
    And no Hannibal, you weren't invited! :D

http://imgur.com/a/502gq
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited October 2014
    Then drank some Chateau Picard all together...
    And no Hannibal, you weren't invited! :D

http://imgur.com/a/502gq

:confused:

.. You drink again without me ??

Zzzzzzzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
    edited October 2014
    I see it works well :) but believe us, try the 2 pc assimilated, you will need them on that ship ;)
    edited October 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »

.. You drink again without me ??

Zzzzzzzzz

Yeah :P
    I can send you a bottle from the christening however... dang it's empty :D
    *hic*
    I see it works well :) but believe us, try the 2 pc assimilated, you will need them on that ship ;)

I'm going for the Elite Fleet Deflector with MACO engines and shield as suggested by lourens. He explained me really good why should I run that setup, especially because it will better manage my science heals, freeing up a slot in doff roster I can use for two VR BFI doffs, that work as a mini-RSP.

I can remove then Leech, place another emitter! Hooray!
    edited October 2014
    I'm going for the Elite Fleet Deflector with MACO engines and shield as suggested by lourens. He explained me really good why should I run that setup, especially because it will better manage my science heals, freeing up a slot in doff roster I can use for two VR BFI doffs, that work as a mini-RSP.

I can remove then Leech, place another emitter! Hooray!

Ppl still use 2 BFI doffs? lol, welcome back to 2012 :) Ric, they don't work anymore like in the past, when the effect persists as the bfi was active, just like an rsp. Now they work on activation and it's single usage, like a mini science team/epts when you press bfi. 2 wasted slots to me...
    However, you will have hull problems and a very little base hull reg with that deflector/engine and, btw, you don't need the leech on an healer as i said in first post (but for some reason i didnt write or the forum cut it, meh).
    What i mean is: make some tests and try them in the arena/cnh many times before to believe your setup is perfect and definitive ;)
    edited October 2014
    Ppl still use 2 BFI doffs? lol, welcome back to 2012 :) Ric, they don't work anymore like in the past, when the effect persists as the bfi was active, just like an rsp. Now they work on activation and it's single usage, like a mini science team/epts when you press bfi. 2 wasted slots to me...
    However, you will have hull problems and a very little base hull reg with that deflector/engine and, btw, you don't need the leech on an healer as i said in first post (but for some reason i didnt write or the forum cut it, meh).
    What i mean is: make some tests and try them in the arena/cnh many times before to believe your setup is perfect and definitive ;)

I use those doffs on my Avenger that has no RSP, I swear they are still good, and when a vaper comes he just won't get through the shields I promise ^^

Eventually, I'll slot a SIF HoT doff and the Extend resist one :)
    Reduced cooldown on heals from MACO makes up for the difference between the Borg set, and the Fleet Deflector is just nuts, 15% faster cooldowns on science powers. Gives me more flexibility ^^
    edited October 2014
    *takes deep breaths* It took a while, but I got enough Marks for the MACO Shield and Engine.
    I followed Beth's idea of removing double TSS copy to better balance heals, and put a TB to hold subnuked enemies after the jump. Added the fourth Fleet Emitter array, removed Work Bees and Leech, added a SIF Generator to help with hull heals.
    Reconsidered BFI doffs thanks to Nando... nope. Because of 15% lower cooldown on Science Team granted by MACO and Fleet Deflector, I could remove one of the cooldown doffs, placed two Aux2Sif HoT in there, immediately noticed a difference :)

Now, here's what I'm flying http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scienceodysseyhealer15_0

Brought it to Ker'rat... no ok forget this, every Fed just took the bait and went beyond the 10km range. :D

OFC, I'm always opened to critiques :)