Install Arc
Options

Season 10 ideas and wishes

13»

Comments

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. More C-Store account-wide clothing and armor (tailor; not actual functional armor) unlocks, such as the full Tal Shiar set for Romulan/Reman/Romulan-aligned Aliens.

2. More special/unique race BOffs as C-Store options, such as Tholians (who we can have as DOffs).

3. A real T6 upgrade for the currently eligible T5 and T5U ships or a straight T7 upgrade if Season 10 will bring another new Tier. Have it replace the T5U upgrade item.

4. C-Store T6 (or T7) Mirror Ship Faction Bundles consisting of all available faction-specific ships, including those that didn't have a Mirror variant at T4/T5 as well as updated versions of those T4 variants. They don't even have to include fancy consoles; just the ability to have alternate layouts and the option to use use Mirror Registration (ISS, ARW, AKS) and Mirror Skins.

5. T6 Federation Jupiter and Typhoon classes; 3 variant C-Store bundles optional.

6. C-Store Lifetime Membership. Mainly for those willing to spend months to earn the Zen to buy; though the difference is that the C-Store option will never go on sale unlike buying from the site during special events.

7. Expanded sidestories. Once the majority of the main stories are done, add optional sidestories that will still allow players to earn free special gear and equipment as an option besides crafting/Rep, while expanding our characters' involvement with various races and incidents.

8. More hair and options for character customization. Face it, we're lacking in variety and Star Trek Barbie is an important part of the game considering it's directly affecting the character we design and use. I'd like to give some characters an eternal smile or an eternal frown, or longer hair, or unicorn/bicorn/dragon horns (Alien Customization), or a Lion Mane (Male Caitian/Feressan), or Terminator-style borg implants visible through broken skin (Borg).

9. Standardized color pallet; just use a color wheel and let us choose the exact RGB/Brightness color values. It's already problematic trying to give some characters a certain look when half the colors you want to use are not available (a true Red color being especially problematic) or don't show up right (because half the uniforms/armor have different reflective/saturation/hue settings).

10. Promotion to Admiral and the possibility of promoting a BOff to Ship Captain and allowing them to pilot another ship in your inventory, and with additional special Intel-style sub-class upgrades, eventually allow for up to three AI ships to actively accompany you in missions. Of course, you may only command them to use their own trained skills, but they will use the skills of the BOffs you assign them as they see fit. Of course, this will require some coding to give them a "personality", even if it's as rudimentary and simple as Tac Captains auto using Tac BOff abilities most of the time, Sci BOff abilities sometimes, and Eng abilities when HP is lower than 50%.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Another thing I would like to see is a remastering of the Romulan Mystery missions just like how the Klingon War missions were updated.
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Secondary Deflectors

2. Fleet Captain Vanity Title

3. Commodore Vanity Title

4. Unlock Captain Pips for Bridge Officers

5. Return of Exploration Areas -or- Make System Patrols repeatable once every 24 hours.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Another thing I would like to see is a remastering of the Romulan Mystery missions just like how the Klingon War missions were updated.

That's on Geko's to-do-list.
    And what's on Geko's list, you'll get.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For me its secondary deflectors, bug fixes and a general "fleshing out" of existing species and content.

Pretty much this + the hope of a T6 MVAE.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Some interesting ideas, but here is what I expect:
    • Skill revamp, to be more in-line with Captain Specializations
    • Possible new specializations
    • New fleet holding (in DQ?)
    • Fleet T6 ships (hello, Odyssey & Vesta!)
    • Secondary deflectors
    • New lock box, of course (to replace the one that released with DR)

And possibly some more story content, including but not exclusively meaning the 5th anniversary.

We're not getting a new playable faction. We're not getting full T6 upgrades.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    And possibly some more story content, including but not exclusively meaning the 5th anniversary.

I think it was in P1 podcast in which I heard that DR will end with a massive spoiler to start a new storyline which culimates in the 5th anniversary.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A re-career token. Even if it is a one time use for a character.

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    more playable species

jem'hadar
    bloody cardies

open to all factions. !!

also a captain reroll token so we dont have to start from scratch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Secrets of the Ancients. I cant wait to see where the story leads us next.

I concur, this is a definite possibility worth exploring.

meldrithpw wrote: »
    We could also see a gamma quadrant we could actually explore aside from a few missions--possibly a New Dominion threat, or even something from another galaxy (TOS episode "By Any Other Name" for example.)

(yes, I know, I’m quoting myself here.) I was thinking about this, and how to keep it in line with Roddenberry’s vision, and one race came to mind: The Magog .

Before any of you jump on me about it not being from Star Trek, let me remind you that Andromeda was Roddenberry’s original vision for TNG—which incidentally ended up drawing heavily from Andromeda. Even a thinly veiled clone of the race, would work well as a potential season focus. World ship assault PVEs could be put together both for ground maps, and for a space map—though this may seem too much like hitting the death star for ST fans.

This could be tied in with the Iconian storyline by replacing the Magog's energy-being diety with the faux Iconians--whom some suspect are actually the enemies that destroyed the Iconian Civilization..