test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 10 ideas and wishes

xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
So, since Delta Rising is approaching fast... let's get ahead of ourselves and talk Season 10, which will be released a few months later.

Which ideas, wishes or fears to you have regarding this new season? Will we stay in the Delta Quadrant? From the looks of it, Delta Rising still only scratches the surface as far as species and possible storylines go.

Krenim anyone?
Devore?
Nacene?
More background to the Voth-Borg war? Maybe actually a visit to Voth space.

I would love to see even more species, while olders being fleshed out.

Have a look at these guys.

Photonophobes with Iconian script. Since Cryptic is in the mood for retcons (Turei vessels in DR), they could have been an ancient servitor race retaining some Iconian culture. Like the Dewans, just without blowing themselves up.

What are your story ideas? Gameplay wishes? General content directions?
Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
latest?cb=20130715204749
Buy gold!
Post edited by xiaoping88 on

Comments

• lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ever elusive Secondary Deflector.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More Delta Quadrant

...That is all. (can't speculate too much on how best to succeed DR without having actually completed it.)

Also, conventionally I think Exp 2 counts as season 10 (ex. LoR = Season 7). Next in line is 10.5, then 11. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More Delta Quadrant

...That is all. (can't speculate too much on how best to succeed DR without having actually completed it.)

Also, conventionally I think Exp 2 counts as season 10 (ex. LoR = Season 7). Next in line is 10.5, then 11. :)

LoR did not count as season 7. We had Season 7 which was the introduction of New Romulus and the NPC Romulans from the faction that would go on to become playable. LoR was originally going to be season 8 before it grew too large to be a season anymore. The expansions can be thought of as a bigger part of a seasonal release, since they fall between them.

The next actual Season if we go on convention would be Season TEN.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Which ideas, wishes or fears to you have regarding this new season? Will we stay in the Delta Quadrant? From the looks of it, Delta Rising still only scratches the surface as far as species and possible storylines go.

Krenim anyone?
    Devore?
    Nacene?

there is a storyline element in DR about the krenim, but you may not find the answer you seek in the way you desire. so wait a week you will find out by that means.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Probably going to have to wait and see where the story content from Delta Rising lets off to get an idea where season 10 will go.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    The ever elusive Secondary Deflector.

As someone that has recently been playing with sciencey stuff, I couldn't agree more.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ability to udgrade Tier 5 and T5U ships to full T6. :D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm guessing Season 10 will roll out around the time of the 5th grindiversary. Probably some fancy and gimmicky T6 ship for each faction, and a $60 3-pack bundle for each faction as well as a $120 9-pack bundle. Assuming T6 ships come out at 3k zen, that is. :P

And please, get those secondary deflectors out by then! As well as adding kits and modules to crafting. And the Romulan plasma weapons! :rolleyes:
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fixing the pvpers proc to adapt, and tuning down their proc to complain.
  • thraxianxthraxianx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So much to draw from in the DQ, to much to list could keep Cryptic busy for years.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Tier 6 Fleet Odyssey (C-Store Retrofit/Refit).

2. Fixing Buggs.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dominion Faction :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Applying all the polishing ideas/fixes from my sig below. ;)
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For me its secondary deflectors, bug fixes and a general "fleshing out" of existing species and content.
    I feel stretched beyond the limit with all the crafting and upgrades in terms of resources. So I'd be happy for some deeper storyine/pve content to make the new mountain more scenic to climb so to speak.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tholians miscalculate, and a stable connection is made between this and the mirror universe.

Much MU merriment ensues.....

....including T5u mirror ships.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Season 10 wish for me is for them to finally fill out the KDF to put it on par to balance it out with where the federation and romulans are right now.

Although I do not think they will have the opportunity to do that though after this expansion for a few reasons I predict will happen. First the way the F2P thing is handled its off a basis of having new players who don't know much about the game paying for stuff until they realize its mostly gimmicks and then if they actually want to be near the top as far as gear/ships they are going to shell out lots more cash or time to do so. Problem is that word gets around a lot quicker these days and things like adventure zones and ques are showing an all time low and player retention to keep existing players is not really high on their priority given the amount of players who have been gone/quit. The result of this is that PWE will take a tighter grip on the reigns so anything that is not federation will be put to bed so then we won't even get new battle cruisers or raptor like this expansion which was a good start but thats not all the classification of ships that makes the kdf what it is.

So overall any future factions as well as romulans and KDF will most likely never see any more development after X2 so expect season 10 to be another raise in level cap and gear cap but not much of anything exciting to come to the game.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug fixes, and a general improvement of the doffing UI.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    there is a storyline element in DR about the krenim, but you may not find the answer you seek in the way you desire. so wait a week you will find out by that means.

SPOILER

I know that they were bombed to oblivion by the Vaadwaur.
    But doesn't that make the perfect premise for time travel shenanigans? Restoring the Imperium to the pre-Vaadwaur attacks or something? :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Not for a couple of expansions at least.

There's still a couple of places in the Delta Quadrant to be explored, but given how long it has taken them to add new sector blocks to explore I'm not holding my breath we'll get the remaining 2+ areas any time soon.
  • amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish (unrealistically at this point) for there to be a need to bring stuff into queues other than DPS and DPS accessories.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LoR did not count as season 7. We had Season 7 which was the introduction of New Romulus and the NPC Romulans from the faction that would go on to become playable. LoR was originally going to be season 8 before it grew too large to be a season anymore.

Ok, can we call LoR as season 7.5 instead of season 7? I think we should because S7 directly leads us to LoR. Cryptic can count DR as S10, if it's so then we will see S10.5 after it.
  • alsayyidalsayyid Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want all my bridge officers to be customizable. Silly romulans, remans, breen, and Jemhadar can't even change their uniform colors.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to see the following things done:

-Less focus on new content/story/reputation.
    -Focus most dev time on the following:
    • Improving ground combat fluidicy (it feels very laggy, especially when you "aim")
    • overhaul the exchange: Better search features, fix rank searching, batch posting of items, saleslot increase.
    • Balance pass over weapon types: Anti-proton and disruptors are best, the rest, not so much
    • Balance pass over STF rewards: Measure how long each stf takes, adjust rewards accordingly. Make stf's that noone plays worth it.
    • Advanced/Elite version of every stf.
    • More ship customization options.
    • More duty officer missions that reward random duty officers.
    • Balance pass over duty officer rewards
    • Balance pass over duty officer "critical hits" (more chance, more rewards, make purple doffs worth it).
    • Balance pass over Bridge officer traits. Make every trait usefull and balanced. More traits/race!

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2014
    Less useless junk aka pve.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, since Delta Rising is approaching fast... let's get ahead of ourselves and talk Season 10, which will be released a few months later.

I don't really see where we can elsewhere go with the Nacene, I'd be tempted to leave them alone. The Devore would be good though, as would your comment regarding a further fleshing out of Voth space, assuming we're not already going to see some of it.

I'm unsure about the Krenim. In the prime universe, they're not considered a threat. People only desire the Krenim for their super duper time ship, and that was one ship that changed the timeline. Short of repeating that story, I don't see how much of a threat the Krenim could be to us, and if Cryptic throw them in without timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff, fans and gamers will complain.

What I can guarantee we will get between now and then though; more T6 ships.
    What are your story ideas? Gameplay wishes? General content directions?
    I know it's unlikely, but I wouldn't mind seeing Cardassians get the Republic treatment. How? I've given this some thought; the Vaudwaar.

They're attacking the Kobali; a species rather sophisticated, and right up there with their technology levels (even rivaling that of the Federation). What if it's all just a front though? The Vaudwaar have those tunnels, and they can (seemingly) travel anywhere? Why not have them show up in Cardassian space, attempting to seize the Cardassian people? This would be a setting for the Cardassian expansion, instead of playing a Romulan fighting the Elachi, you'd be a Cardassian fighting the Vaudwaar.
    If anything, LoR was Season 7.5, but wasn't it's own distinct Season. :)
    Dominion Faction
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    Not for a couple of expansions at least.
    Dominion would be Expansion #5 I'd say, and that's if that early. That doesn't mean it'll be playable Dominion either, I just can't see that paying off considering the work that would need to be done, all whilst keeping current faction players happy.
    1. Tier 6 Fleet Odyssey (C-Store Retrofit/Refit).
    I would rather Cryptic (for specific ships only) provide us with a T6 Upgrade. This should be viable for all the Breen and Risian ships, the Oddy/BortaS, and the Vesta - at the very least. I thought you were having the Liberty passed on anyway, to relaunch a different ship with the name?
    SPOILER

But doesn't that make the perfect premise for time travel shenanigans? Restoring the Imperium to the pre-Vaadwaur attacks or something?
    Maybe this was Cryptic's intentional doing, to save having to do anything on the Krenim in the future?
    alsayyid wrote: »
    I want all my bridge officers to be customizable. Silly romulans, remans, breen, and Jemhadar can't even change their uniform colors.
    This! Very much this. I can live without customizable Breen and Jem'Hadar, but locked Romulan and Reman for FED/KDF when they're completely unlocked for the Republic? :rolleyes:
    Less useless junk aka pve.
    Funny, I'd have considered PvP the useless junk by comparison. At least PvE works. :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Club 47

/ten chars
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Seconded; it's what I've been saving up mah Purple Mk XII Polarons for. :D
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Seconded; it's what I've been saving up mah Purple Mk XII Polarons for.
    You'd be better off with Protonic Polarons. ;)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    SPOILER

But doesn't that make the perfect premise for time travel shenanigans? Restoring the Imperium to the pre-Vaadwaur attacks or something? :D

in fact i didnt want to encourage a spoiler, but with the rabbit out of the hat or genie out of the bottle it seems, fairly little point holding back.

perhaps, but the krenim were eliminated and several races were made extinct by the vaadwuar's conquest and their puppet leaders controlled by those bugs. its possible the krenim doesnt have the technology because of how efficient the vaadwuar have become.

it wasnt the only thing on the table that could be a problem either, the voth become mysteriously silent later in the storyline, so theres yet another angle to this whole thing yet to play out outside the vaadwuar invasion.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More Delta Quadrant

actually you are totally wrong there.
    just so everyone has no doubt.

Season 1: Common Ground March 25, 2010

Season 2: Ancient Enemies July 27, 2010

Season 3: Genesis December 9, 2010

Season 4: Crossfire July 7, 2011

Season 5: Call to Arms December 1, 2011

January 17, 2012 (Free-to-Play)

Season 6: Under Siege July 12, 2012

Season 7: New Romulus November 13, 2012

Expansion one: Legacy of Romulus was released on May 21, 2013

Season 8: The Sphere November 12, 2013

Season 8.5: January 30, 2014

Season 9: A New Accord April 22, 2014

Season 9.5: July 17, 2014

Expansion two: Delta Rising Due October 14, 2014

Season 10: Due, (2015)

read more here > http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content

happily I started playing half way between season 6 and season 7 so I didn't miss too much, but I still wish I had started playing from day one.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.