test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Backstep every 2 minutes

playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Ok, i'm done, has been a placer guys.
Reduced the recharge time of all console abilities that had a 3 minute (or greater) recharge time to 2 minutes.
This applies to the following console abilities:
Ablative Generator
Activate Aceton Mode
Antimatter Spread
Call Hazari Shielding Device
Call Repair Ship
Call Xindi Weapon Platform
Cascade Resonance Emission
Chromoelectric Pulse
Cloaked Barrage
Create Fluidic Rift
Deploy Sensor Probe Swarm
Deploy Spatial Charges
Destabilized Proton Beam
Disruptor Autocannon
Disruptor Lotus
EMP Burst
Enhanced Induction Coils
Enhanced Plasma Manifold
Fermion Field
Fluidic Space Jump
Focused Fluidic Beam
Focused Singularity Beam
Grappler --Singularity Projectile
Graviton Pulse
Ionized Particle Beam
Isometric Charge
Launch Subspace Rupture
Magnetometric Overload
Manheim Effect
Molecular Phase Inversion Field
Multidimensional Graviton Shield
Nadion Saturation Bomb
Particle Conversion Matrix
Particle Synthesizer
Phase Shift
Phaser Lotus
Plasma Lotus
Photonic Decoy Swarm
Photonic Displacement
Point Defense System
Projected Statis Beam
Protonic Shielding
Quantum Field Focus Phaser
Reflective Immunity Matrix
Secondary Shields
Shield Destabilizer
Shield Inversion
Shrapnel Torpedo Barrage
Singularity Collapse
Structural Integrity Field Siphon
Subspace Snare
Swarm Missiles
Tachyon Detection Grid
Tachyon Inversion Beams
Temporal Backstep
Tholian Web
Torpedo Point Defense System
Weapon System Siphon
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Post edited by playhard88 on

Comments

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    done because missions take longer with how much HP npcs have now, they want you to be able to use them multiple times in missions so you don't feel ripped off, or feel like a waist of a slot, in pve.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We were lowering the CD on it with TIF anyway, not sure how big a deal it will be. I think vapers will benefit a lot from all consoles cooldowns being in sync with APA now.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2014
    Is not like you cant claim two copies and have them on global cd in the last 5 years :rolleyes:

don't be upset ,I can make a list longer than that changelog with exploits lol

broken game is broken....starting from game designer who has a sick hate on his community (not a doctor or anything but anyone who hates a community with so much passion should seek help) to the last writen command in game all are broken beyond repair.To fix this game now would be like making a new one.That changelog wont help nor break the game even more...its simply insult to injury.
  • Options
    trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only thing that's missing is a macro that activates all of those with a button press... And bind that on spacebar...
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    done because missions take longer with how much HP npcs have now, they want you to be able to use them multiple times in missions so you don't feel ripped off, or feel like a waist of a slot, in pve.

I never understood why cryptic doesn't come up with something else than shield mod and huge hull for pve... The difficulty consists not in using space abilities by npcs, but huge hull and one shots... It could be a nice pre-pvp revamp, so pveers get used to waiting for Tac team to expire, have a meaning to use subnuc, etc... But why I even dare to think about a pop revamp, can't even explain...
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited October 2014
    I rather like this change. Always felt special consoles should be more useful - this will help justify fitting one all the time, rather than merely slotting it when the cooldown expires.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I never understood why cryptic doesn't come up with something else than shield mod and huge hull for pve... The difficulty consists not in using space abilities, but huge hull and one shots...

I dont understand why people care about pve in the first place.With so many people around you ,you have to be really sociopathic to want to play vs a computer even if that computer beat the turing test (clearly npcs in sto cant beat a lvl 1 nooblet).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I dont understand why people care about pve in the first place.With so many people around you ,you have to be really sociopathic to want to play vs a computer even that computer beat the turing test (clearly npcs in sto cant beat a lvl 1 nooblet).

no, you just want to advance, grind, and earn everything there is to get in game, as NONE of it can be gotten from pvp
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    We were lowering the CD on it with TIF anyway, not sure how big a deal it will be. I think vapers will benefit a lot from all consoles cooldowns being in sync with APA now.

good luck vapers with the nebula console every 2 minutes
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    no, you just want to advance, grind, and earn everything there is to get in game, as NONE of it can be gotten from pvp

and why is that my problem?I wont feel a single thing missing if they delete pve tomorrow.I'll still be on esd waiting for my pvp queue to pop.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, that's good news for snoopers. Now the Nebby consoles better match up with Sensor Scan.

Say...remember when they used to say that the whole '3 minutes' thing was there as a balance so that they weren't being constantly used but still kept useful enough?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That means a 1 min CD on DSD consoles with the set. That's a lot of proton damage.

ALSO...

Join VPvP

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1223171
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    playhard88 wrote: »
    good luck vapers with the nebula console every 2 minutes

only 1 snooper gives my BOP problems in kerrat and that because he is snooping from a cloak T'Varo, and all I have to do to get rid of him is to go in with my Korath snooper who doesn't need a nebula console to chase him out of Kerrat. Non cloaking snoopers are easily dealt with, most Feds use that slow Nebula that can't catch anything and don't have enough speed abilities/consoles to snoop properly besides Inner Circle. Also my run consoles will be on lower cooldowns, and I will spend less time cloaked between vapes now that its all synced with alpha.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    and why is that my problem?I wont feel a single thing missing if they delete pve tomorrow.I'll still be on esd waiting for my pvp queue to pop.

if you enjoy playing with no items and no reputation, i guess thats your prerogative
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    if you enjoy playing with no items and no reputation, i guess thats your prerogative

yea because I decided to not allow people to get gear through pvp.
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only thing that's missing is a macro that activates all of those with a button press... And bind that on spacebar...

Easily done:

After placing all your cheeze in tray #9.

/bind Space "+TrayExecByTray 8 0$$+TrayExecByTray 8 1$$+TrayExecByTray 8 2$$+TrayExecByTray 8 3$$+TrayExecByTray 8 4$$+TrayExecByTray 8 5$$+TrayExecByTray 8 6$$+TrayExecByTray 8 7$$+TrayExecByTray 8 8$$+TrayExecByTray 8 9$$+TrayExecByTray 8 0".
  • Options
    tinnytimpstinnytimps Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm looking forward to this new change to backstep cd. All the more power to the wells! :cool:
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    trolololo lolol ...

I love my wells, but ....really?
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    havam wrote: »
    trolololo lolol ...

I love my wells, but ....really?

Pretty much right. I have 3 myself, love them... still not sure this is needed. Its a bit over the top. The spam everything and backstep just cause move is going to be pretty silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wrote:
    Reduced the recharge time of all console abilities that had a 3 minute (or greater) recharge time to 2 minutes..

After this changes, pvp tournaments should have in rules: "No universal consoles".
  • Options
    colonelkiracolonelkira Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cutting the Rom Cloak CD by 50% wasn't enough? What a stupid change.
    58. / SvK
  • Options
    usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why is everyone of you so surpised? It could have almost been EXPECTED that cryptic continues to adjust cd timers of certain abilities. The same and repetitive pattern keeps on occurring:

Major changes regarding cd- mechanics in the past:

-Removal of shared cd between sci/eng and tac teams
    -Removal of shared cd's between PH and Haz emitter
    -Reduction of aux2sif cd timer and shared cd between aux2 damp and aux2 sif so that they can even be utilized simultaneously after expiration of its global cd
    -Removal of double tap (BO, Torp spread and high yield) --> the only positive change probably
    - Introduction of captain trait "Grace under fire" (resets cd of miracle worker once every 90 sec when suffering energy/kinetic damage)
    -conn officer obtained from Crystalline event: resets cd of evasive maneuvers when using Epte
    - halving the cd timer of romulan T5 rep cloak
    - subnuke doffs and so on...

And more of this junk cd reduction is going to come causing further power creep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic has decided a long time ago that this game is too complicated for the intended target audience.

Shared Cooldowns? Forced to decide between a Polarize or Hazard? C'mon people, y'all are aware it's impossible to choose the right abilitiy without a PhD in Rocket Science....

Long Cooldowns, shared Cooldowns, general awareness, foresight, pre-planning moves and combos, that's sooo 20th century. Not suited for the facebook generation.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    edited October 2014

Exactly, first off, it would make more sense to fight a better, more intelligent npc in pve, second it would kind of "prepare" the average pve-er for what's coming in pvp, if he decides to go for pvp. This has always been the problem with sto pvp, after f2p, they completely ignored the pvp from the point of view of how to get gear, now, everything available in the game is done through pve, side some dilithium and some kerrat drops (which you still need to pve to scan the borg nodes to get a good drop). If they would have been smart, and not have ppl like geko that have no pvp vision take all decisions, they would have had the same rep system for both pve and pvp, just adding some war zone/area control in dyson sphere, make borg rep in kerrat for pvp, some sort of warzone for nukara and romulan and already pvp community would have been much happier...

What sucks now and will suck even worse later, is that a new player that wants to pvp would have to grind his guts out in pve for even more months (that on the top of the monetary investments) just to get closer to standing a chance in pvp (since all the gear/passives that are available in the rep tier can be obtained through pve only). How likely is this to happen, and how likely is the pvp player base to grow? This is a game and it's supposed to be fun, and with so much sh! t to grind in pve to use it in pvp... it's anything but fun. Or, at the very minimum they should have the idea to balance the pvp players, meaning a new player with few very rare items enters a pvp zone (arena, control, warzone, whatever) should be brought closer to an opponent that has all the rep and the best gear, something like having an interface where you choose the rep traights and only get 80-90% of the stats, at least till you manage to grind enough for those tiers. I really doubt this would need lots of investments, and considering that there are about 3.5 million people that created an account and tried STO (I'd guess is safe to assume there is about 1 million that regularly plays the game and spends about 20-50/month average), this should not be a problem.
    pulserazor wrote: »
    Easily done:

After placing all your cheeze in tray #9.

/bind Space "+TrayExecByTray 8 0$$+TrayExecByTray 8 1$$+TrayExecByTray 8 2$$+TrayExecByTray 8 3$$+TrayExecByTray 8 4$$+TrayExecByTray 8 5$$+TrayExecByTray 8 6$$+TrayExecByTray 8 7$$+TrayExecByTray 8 8$$+TrayExecByTray 8 9$$+TrayExecByTray 8 0".

I was just trying to be funny, everything in this game goes towards implementing the "easy button", maybe they should also do it for us? Binding is too complicated for somebody that just wants to press spacebar and blow stuff up...
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
  • Options
    usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Cryptic has decided a long time ago that this game is too complicated for the intended target audience.

Shared Cooldowns? Forced to decide between a Polarize or Hazard? C'mon people, y'all are aware it's impossible to choose the right abilitiy without a PhD in Rocket Science....

Long Cooldowns, shared Cooldowns, general awareness, foresight, pre-planning moves and combos, that's sooo 20th century. Not suited for the facebook generation.

This one puts it in a nutshell precisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ilhansk wrote: »

Shared Cooldowns? Forced to decide between a Polarize or Hazard? C'mon people, y'all are aware it's impossible to choose the right ability without a PhD in Rocket Science....

I agree with you 100%. Heck, video games in general have been dumbed down too much. This one isn't even that hard to comprehend. There was some semblance of balance at one point, but removing shared cooldowns left and right wrecked it all up, and they pile up a universal console clickie fest now. I'm surprised they've kept GW and TR on a shared cooldown when people are just pulling similar stunts using other stuff anyway.

Now today's kiddies, well, they suck compared to those of us who grew up playing "Nintendo Hard":
    http://youtu.be/tnoIUyCp3dk?t=8m50s

Man I loved that game. So glad I owned the original one and not the Mr. Dream version.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Probably the first time I've seen you blatantly criticize STO so openly lol.

Yeah, that's my schtick...that Geko wants puppies to be able to play STO on an iPad. :P